Posted to alt.home.repair
%%[_2_] %%[_2_] is offline

Default 58% of Police Support Black Lives Matter - POLL

"rbowman" wrote in message
On 08/10/2020 12:36 PM, %% wrote:
Yeah, another mate of mine can't even work out how to
use the most basic 4 function calculator, but is a great
mechanic and does a lot of work land clearing using
****ing great Steiger tractors that are as big as a house.

I had a plant maintenance guy who was illiterate. I got a hint when he
hung an electrical panel upside down despite the 'This Side Up' sticker.

I sent him to the rental place to pick up a powder actuated tool (Hilti)
for a conduit run we were hanging. He came back without it. There was a 10
question written test about basic safety and that was a no go. I went
down, filled out the form, came back with the Hilti, and he proceeded to
run conduit. He could even bend conduit with a Hickey (conduit bender) and
have it come out right. I usually wound up with a mirror image of what I
really wanted.

That's a different issue to someone who decides that they
won't be taught anything useful in the last couple of years
of high school and who choose to start working instead.