Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 58% of Police Support Black Lives Matter - POLL

On Thu, 13 Aug 2020 08:17:02 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 08/12/2020 11:01 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 12 Aug 2020 20:46:21 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

On 08/12/2020 10:52 AM,
wrote:
BTW the way I was told, most people shot themselves re-holstering with
their finger on the trigger.

Some have managed to snag the Glock trigger on the holster, another
piece of equipment, or even the draw string on a windbreaker. That's
what i like about grip safeties. You really have to go out of your way
to depress it while holstering.

That said, when I was playing around with USPSA I sometimes had a rubber
band on my .45. Even with the speed bump I wouldn't always catch it when
I was shooting left handed. No problem right handed.

I guess that is why I see a lot of race guns with a bump on the grip
safety.

https://clarkcustomguns.com/wp-conte...Race-Gun-A.png

A lot, if not most, of the new 1911's have speed bumps. You can spend
anywhere from $500 to the moon but they're all 'custom' compared to the
GI 1911. Mine has an ambidextrous safety although the mag release is
still on the left. 1911's were stodgy until they became popular again
then all the manufacturer's were trying to outdo each other.

For race guns those mag wells that look like a subway tunnel are
popular. The original design didn't anticipate 0.25 second reloads.

It is interesting that 110 years later John Browning's basic design is
still doing so well. I have moved on to the DA/SA but I am still not a
fan of the DAO and striker fired designs. I did grow up with the 1911
and it took a while for me to change.