Posted to alt.home.repair

Default damn that Julie Bove!

Todd wrote:
On 10/08/2014 07:19 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
Agree with everything you said. Don't forget we no longer get good
vegetables and fruits in the supermarket. It is usually picked before
maturity so it can be shipped thousands of miles.

Or it has been changed so the skin is tough and there is no taste.
Like the
tomatoes we get around here. Even many of the local ones are tough
and not
much taste the farmers sell in the local stores.

Hi Ralph,

1+
A lot of the stuff has been hybridized to lay flat and
to withstand being picked green. YUK!!!

I have a theory. People don't buy produce because
it tastes like crap.

When I grow it myself or buy local, the stuff is
very tasty. First batch on local organic carrots
I bought stunk my car up so bad it was everything I
could do to not stop the car and devour them! (Farmer
told me later he preferred the term "aroma". Huh?)
Since when did carrots have a (pleasant) smell!

-T

Hi,
Even organic banana tastes better and easy on stomach. odays
salt/fat/sugar laden processed food stuff is just name sake food.
On top of that irridation, GMO, hybridizing, etc., Oh, NO way.
They don't care about nutritional value, only cares about looking good,
longer shelf life, unnatural taste numbing out taste bud.

Heard about experiment once done about Kellog's cereal in a box?
When it was given to hungry mouse, they were munching the box, not the
contents.
That kinda cereal is dead food.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 08 Oct 2014 18:48:40 -0700, Todd wrote:

Agree with everything you said. Don't forget we no longer get good
vegetables and fruits in the supermarket. It is usually picked before
maturity so it can be shipped thousands of miles.

Hi Ed,

Especially production organic. They are picked so green
they are disgusting.

Do you have a community supported farm anywhere around?

-T

Yes, and we have a local farmer's market and farm stands with
excellent produce. I don't eat watermelon in January so I avoid most
of the imported stuff with no flavor.

I also get my citrus right from Florida and the difference is
incredible. The oranges drip all over as you peel them and they are
shipped right off the vine.
www.floriadaorangeshop.com
I have two orders placed for the season.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 8 Oct 2014 22:19:43 -0400, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
Agree with everything you said. Don't forget we no longer get good
vegetables and fruits in the supermarket. It is usually picked before
maturity so it can be shipped thousands of miles.

Or it has been changed so the skin is tough and there is no taste. Like the
tomatoes we get around here. Even many of the local ones are tough and not
much taste the farmers sell in the local stores.

Do you have a yard and garden or grass? if not, get a couple of
plastic 5 gallon pails and grow your own.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default damn that Danny D

With the events of late, and wells run dry and
all. I can't remember that Danny D has posted
in the last few days? Might be busy hauling
water, and stamping out forest fires with his
webbed feet?

Hope he's OK. Hate to lose another good man
off this list.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default damn that release trigger!

And I would add, remove all "reason to have" laws. If
they can not prove you are a danger, then they must
be given a time limit to issue.

Agreed, "Shall Issue" should be the rule of law. If one is unfit, prove
it and deny. If you (government) can't articulate just cause to deny.
Back off.

Do we have to beg the government for a permit for
free speech? How about a permit for right not to
self incriminate? How about a permit to refuse to
quarter soldiers?

I suggest that the concept of needing a permit to
exercise a Creator Endowed right is repugnant to
the concept of freedom.

Carry openly or concealed, no permit needed.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default damn that gun law!

"Unquestionably Confused" wrote in message
news:50vZv.378439 I'd like to think that there were some VERY surprised
predators who were
dumb enough to assume that NO tourist could possibly be carrying and thus
was an easy mark. April Fools, mutha.......

Kinda like the vermin who break into some old folks home and receive the
FINAL surprise of their lives.g

Especially now that most states honor other states concealed carry permitts.

---

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
Do you have a yard and garden or grass? if not, get a couple of

plastic 5 gallon pails and grow your own.

I planted 10 tomato plants (that is all I plant) this year and just got a
few the squirrels got most of them. For some reason they left the two
cherry tomato plants alone.

Put out a trap and neighbor did also. We got rid of over a dozen of those
tomato eaters. I live in the country with about 3 acers and half of that is
woods and the neighbor next to me has several acers also, some in woods.
Set my 22 rifle and shotgun beside the basement door (walkout basement) and
have declaired war on the tomaote eaters. I have not hunted or killed any
animals in years,but am going to start on those bushey tailed rats.

I have a 5 year old grandson that loves the cherry tomatoes. He will eat
them like candy and polish off over a dozen in one sitting if you let him.

---

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default damn that squirrel

On 10/9/2014 1:28 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
[...]

Bout twenty years ago, a friend of my Dad (military
vet, and good person) got tired of the squirrel. He
shot it with a rifle. Next day, same again. He gave
up after 300 squirrels. Might want to buy your grand
son a pump up air rifle, and put him on duty.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message

Bout twenty years ago, a friend of my Dad (military
vet, and good person) got tired of the squirrel. He
shot it with a rifle. Next day, same again. He gave
up after 300 squirrels. Might want to buy your grand
son a pump up air rifle, and put him on duty.

Grandson lives too far away for that and he needs a couple of more years
before he will be big enough to hold up a long gun.

I am a member of a gun club and just like to shoot. The more targets , the
better for me.

---

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/9/2014 2:00 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message

Bout twenty years ago, a friend of my Dad (military
vet, and good person) got tired of the squirrel. He
shot it with a rifle. Next day, same again. He gave
up after 300 squirrels. Might want to buy your grand
son a pump up air rifle, and put him on duty.

Grandson lives too far away for that and he needs a couple of more years
before he will be big enough to hold up a long gun.

I am a member of a gun club and just like to shoot. The more targets , the
better for me.

In that case, it works out nicely. Well, not as
nice for the squirrels. But, that's OK.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/09/2014 02:56 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
[...]

I have read that some paleos/primals will blanch
locally produced produce for the winter. I am
trying it this year with my zukes.

I remember buying oranges directly from the grower
when I was a kid. I remember what you describe!

-T
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default we do wonder off topic

On 10/08/2014 10:26 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:
Todd wrote:
[...]

Hi Tony,

Ya no fooling.

Bananas are sold wholesale in two categories: Green and
Yellow Tip. The Yellow Tip ones are the only ones that
have any hope of ripening.

Bought a green organic banana from Trader Joe's once
just to see it it would ever ripen. It did not.
Ask a matter of fact, it was so hard, it could be used
as a hammer.

I have a rule, if it did not come from either the produce
isle or the meat counter, it AINT food. And, sometimes,
those are not food either.

Your cereal example is a good one for my rule. It would
be an interesting experiment to feed one group of mice
just the box and another group just the contents. Wonder
who would be healthier. Hmmmmm.

If you like bananas (I can't eat them anymore -- too high carb),
try an organic small red plantain. Very rich banana taste.
Yellow bananas today are not the same as we ate as kids.
They are a hybrid to get past some banana disease. They
taste chalky. And the disease has caught up to the hybrid,
so the hybrid is on its way out too. The red ones are
apparently immune. Try one!

-T

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/09/2014 10:28 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
I have not hunted or killed any
animals in years,but am going to start on those bushey tailed rats.

Hi Ralph,

I wonder how they would compost? I have heard of road kill being
composed.

Also heard that if you leave a dead animal to rot, it
keeps his friends away, but I can not verify that.

I have a 5 year old grandson that loves the cherry tomatoes. He will eat
them like candy and polish off over a dozen in one sitting if you let him.

Sounds like my wife. I put a bowl of home grown Cherry Tomatoes
in front of her, turn my back, then turn back looking at the bowl
and it is empty. Looking at her, she shows two emotions: guilt
and absolute delight. She knows how cute she is and shows no
sign of reform.

Your grandson sounds very precious. Have yo gave his a bowl and had
him pick his own? He will be addicted to produce the rest of
his life.

People don't eat product because it tastes like crap. My wife
was never a big produce eater until I started growing it myself.
Local grown is pretty good too.

-T

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/08/2014 08:38 PM, nestork wrote:
Todd;3293733 Wrote:

Criminals get guns through the same black market channels as they
do drugs. If you remove legal channels of purchase, the
black market will not be affected. Drugs are outlawed
and no one has any trouble whatsoever getting them.
Same with guns. Criminals don't even have a background check
or a waiting period to purchase one.

Todd:

I will concede that what you say makes sense. Outlawing hand guns will
predominantly prevent law abiding and responsible gun owners from
acquiring hand guns. That's because these are the people that want to
stay on the right side of the law and will abide by the law, even though
they may not agree with it. But, those same laws will have little
effect on those that get their guns illegally anyway. You'd have to
work for the government not to see the logic there.

My feeling is that for all of the citizens in the USA that have
handguns, an extremely small percentage of them are ever used. Here in
Canada, I've watched TV shows where retired police officers admit that
they can count on the fingers of one hand how many times during their
long careers that they actually pulled their service revolver out of
it's holster, and fewer still the number of times they actually fired a
shot at someone.

Hi Netstork,

Maybe you should disarm the police, like they do in England.

If the police that deal with the criminal element in our society rarely
use their hand guns, how much more rare is it for John Q. Public to need
to pull his concealed weapon out? I'd be willing to bet that the vast
majority of people with concealed weapons permits in the USA have never
had to even reach for their gun.

And, therein lies a danger. If the average person rarely, if ever,
needs to actually have a gun available to them, then the fact that there
is a gun available to them creates a liability. If they hear someone
downstairs late at night, they may reach for their weapon only to find
out that their teenage daughter stayed out too late and didn't get home
until very late. Or they may take their gun with them when answering
their doorbell late at night only to find it's a lost traveller asking
for directions. My point is that if the average person rarely, if ever,
needs to have a gun around, then having a gun available to them 24/7
increases the liklihood of people being shot by mistake.

You make a good case. Problem is that you are not looking
at the statistics of lives saved versus lives lost (accidents)
to legal gun ownership. It is about 20 to 1. And by the
way, most of those lives saved, no shots were actually fired,
just like the police you mentioned.

And I have pulled my weapon in self defense several times.
So, it depends on what you call "rarely". Never fired
a shot though, so no bad guy(s) had to learn the joys of
being ventilated with an 850 foot per second wad cutter
the size of one of his fingers.

It changes the way you think about guns in about 1 nanosecond.
And yes, in that nanosecond, I found that I am more than
capable of taking some ass hole's life to protect my loved
ones/friends/the innocent/myself.

-T
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/09/2014 04:57 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

And I would add, remove all "reason to have" laws. If
they can not prove you are a danger, then they must
be given a time limit to issue.

Agreed, "Shall Issue" should be the rule of law. If one is unfit, prove
it and deny. If you (government) can't articulate just cause to deny.
Back off.

Do we have to beg the government for a permit for
free speech? How about a permit for right not to
self incriminate? How about a permit to refuse to
quarter soldiers?

I suggest that the concept of needing a permit to
exercise a Creator Endowed right is repugnant to
the concept of freedom.

Carry openly or concealed, no permit needed.

Hi Stormin,
You are of course correct. The point that Unquestionably
is making is reality of the current situation we are
facing. Until the constitution is respected, this is a
good first thrust. Time for the good guys to use the "Slippery
Slope" for a change.

Did you see the Dredd Scott ruling I posted? Did you
see where the supremes said that if you were a real
man, you'd have to right to pack anywhere you pleased?

-T

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Todd" wrote in message

Sounds like my wife. I put a bowl of home grown Cherry Tomatoes
in front of her, turn my back, then turn back looking at the bowl
and it is empty. Looking at her, she shows two emotions: guilt
and absolute delight. She knows how cute she is and shows no
sign of reform.

Your grandson sounds very precious. Have yo gave his a bowl and had
him pick his own? He will be addicted to produce the rest of
his life.

People don't eat product because it tastes like crap. My wife
was never a big produce eater until I started growing it myself.
Local grown is pretty good too.

Some of the local produce is good, but some is not so good as it is sent to
the local stores to sell. Just have to find the right people selling it.

My grandson will not use a bowl for the cherry tomatoes. He will just eat
them as he picks them if you don't watch him. I don't use any pesticides on
them, so they should be safe to eat, but we still like to wash them off.
Maybe bird poop on them.

I did find out how to cook corn on the cob so it tastes very good. Just pop
the ear with shucks and all in the microwave for about 4 minuits per ear.
Cut off the end opposit the silk and grab the end with the silk and squeese
it out like toothpaste. Better use an oven mitt as it will be very hot.
No silk and very good. Butter and season to taste.

---

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/09/2014 03:10 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
"Todd" wrote in message

[...]

There is something to be said for the probiotics we get from dirt.
But, you have to pick the right dirt. I'd would wash off bird poop
too.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/going...-dishevelment/

I did find out how to cook corn on the cob so it tastes very good. Just pop
the ear with shucks and all in the microwave for about 4 minuits per ear.
Cut off the end opposit the silk and grab the end with the silk and squeese
it out like toothpaste. Better use an oven mitt as it will be very hot.
No silk and very good. Butter and season to taste.

Sounds yummy. I can't touch corn, way to high carbs, so
I will have to live vicariously though you!
-T

Posted to alt.home.repair

Per Stormin Mormon:
Bout twenty years ago, a friend of my Dad (military
vet, and good person) got tired of the squirrel. He
shot it with a rifle. Next day, same again. He gave
up after 300 squirrels.

World's Largest Squirrel Shot and Killed:
http://tinyurl.com/lormpw3
--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:

Bout twenty years ago, a friend of my Dad (military
vet, and good person) got tired of the squirrel. He
shot it with a rifle. Next day, same again. He gave
up after 300 squirrels.

That's a lot of Brunswick stew.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 09 Oct 2014 21:21:00 -0400, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote:

Per Stormin Mormon:
Bout twenty years ago, a friend of my Dad (military
vet, and good person) got tired of the squirrel. He
shot it with a rifle. Next day, same again. He gave
up after 300 squirrels.

World's Largest Squirrel Shot and Killed:
http://tinyurl.com/lormpw3

http://s32.photobucket.com/user/Kenn_San/media/squirrel.jpg.html
Posted to alt.home.repair
Roy Roy is offline

On Friday, October 10, 2014 12:39:06 PM UTC-6, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 09 Oct 2014 21:21:00 -0400, "(PeteCresswell)"

wrote:

Per Stormin Mormon:

Bout twenty years ago, a friend of my Dad (military

vet, and good person) got tired of the squirrel. He

shot it with a rifle. Next day, same again. He gave

up after 300 squirrels.

World's Largest Squirrel Shot and Killed:

http://tinyurl.com/lormpw3

http://s32.photobucket.com/user/Kenn_San/media/squirrel.jpg.html

Selfies not allowed. Don't U read the rules?
====

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote, on Thu, 09 Oct 2014 07:53:29 -0400:

With the events of late, and wells run dry and
all. I can't remember that Danny D has posted
in the last few days? Might be busy hauling
water, and stamping out forest fires with his
webbed feet?

I've been busy helping one neighbor suspend a 100-foot long
treehouse further and further into the redwoods ...
https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5611/1...49344c53_b.jpg

And, helping another cut 1,000 feet into the chaparral:
https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5605/1...b9d0c1cf_b.jpg

And, learning all about chainsaws as I cut up some fallen trees:
https://c4.staticflickr.com/4/3953/1...4d6e8c81_b.jpg

And, organizing community hikes in the mountains for the families:
https://c4.staticflickr.com/4/3954/1...871fee41_b.jpg

As for hauling water, here's the setup the neighbor has been using
for the past two months, to truck water from the hydrant to home:
https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5597/1...88769718_b.jpg

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/27/2014 3:22 AM, Danny D. wrote:
[...]

Yes, that sounds busy. Thanks for the photos, makes
it a bit more clear what you are doing.

Also, sounds like you're having more fun than most folks.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote, on Mon, 27 Oct 2014 03:41:07 -0400:

Also, sounds like you're having more fun than most folks.

Well, my back is killing me lately!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default damn that back ache

On 10/27/2014 4:01 AM, Danny D. wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote, on Mon, 27 Oct 2014 03:41:07 -0400:

Also, sounds like you're having more fun than most folks.

Well, my back is killing me lately!

Aye, Cap'n. I've had good results with ibuprofen, or
Aleve. Generic Naproxyn from BJ's wholesale club was
useless. Name brand Aleve is good. Different brand
of ibu work, or don't work. The brand I liked, they
stopped selling.

I've had a bad back since my teen year, back in the
mezozoic era, before the paleolithic era, and the
formation of sedimentary rock (the Noah flood thing).

I used up all the Aleve on the ark, and Noah had to
stop by a pharmacy and buy more, while we were out.

As a religious believer, I do believe there are blessings
of some kind for your service to your fellow man,
woman, and in California some who aren't easily
discerned which, if either, are they.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 27 Oct 2014 04:33:00 -0700, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

...snip....

Aye, Cap'n. I've had good results with ibuprofen, or
Aleve. Generic Naproxyn from BJ's wholesale club was
useless. Name brand Aleve is good. Different brand
of ibu work, or don't work. The brand I liked, they
stopped selling.

I've had a bad back since my teen year, back in the
mezozoic era, before the paleolithic era, and the
formation of sedimentary rock (the Noah flood thing).

I used up all the Aleve on the ark, and Noah had to
stop by a pharmacy and buy more, while we were out.

As a religious believer, I do believe there are blessings
of some kind for your service to your fellow man,
woman, and in California some who aren't easily
discerned which, if either, are they.

-
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

Have you consulted a Chiropracter(sp?)?

A good one may alleviate some of the chronic and start strengthening back
to 'original' But comfort is the key.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I've had a bad back since my teen year, back in the
mezozoic era, before the paleolithic era, and the
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

Have you consulted a Chiropracter(sp?)?

A good one may alleviate some of the chronic and start strengthening
back to 'original' But comfort is the key.

Have not. So far, I'm able to self medicate.
Many people have told me kind things about
chiro, there is much benefit there. Sadly,
I'm in PRNY, and have less than no money.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 27 Oct 2014 05:07:32 -0700, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

...snip...

Have not. So far, I'm able to self medicate.
Many people have told me kind things about
chiro, there is much benefit there. Sadly,
I'm in PRNY, and have less than no money.

-
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

Because they are so negated by traditional medicine their rates are still
decent.

I've gone twice, both super successful solutions:
1. 8 years old dropped on my head like a pile driver. Hurt! constant
pinching. Parents took me and crunch pop all pain gone and total mobility
returned.
2. In high school, I had my arm raised for some question, then stupidly
tried to peer around my raised arm to look at something. Felt the
slide/shift/pain! Constant pain, couldn't move head, walked with stiff
neck. Most irritating was this was last day of class and I was looking
forward to being a troublemaker Went to doc, slip/crunch/pop. Total
mobility returned pain still there, like pulled muscle but went away next
day.

One of my colleagues in electronics had such severe back problems he was
scheduled for surgery on a Monday to fuse the troublesome area. With
surgery looiming and many of his friends saying "What have you got to
lose?" he went to a chiro on a Friday. During tht same weekend he went
from bedridden pain to playing his favorite pastime [but had not been able
to do for years], basketball! Of course canceled the surgery.

Then there's my brother, who I thought was raised with me but has no
memory of my experienes. Had traditional family arthritis and extreme
lower back pain. His normal Medical Practitioner prescribed painkillers,
which he had been taking for ?? years. Always cranky and uncomfortable.
That's no way to live. So, as expected, started to get worse, Doc changed
pills to 'more powerful' and was ok, but kept degrading. Then during one
weekend, really started to hurt, so he called his doc to be told, simply
double your dose. He thought, Say what?!

Come on. If you don't change the treatment the outcome will remain the
same. So he finally acquiesced to go to a chiro, with great reluctance
thinking he was visiting a charlatan. After the experience he said once
you got through the hype, there are some good prinicples in there. The
chiro said so much time had gone by with weak muscles that after each
visit, the body would slip back so come in every two weeks and we'll keep
you in place. As a reault: his back pain disappeared! additionally his
lifelong battle with hypoglycemia ended. Boy, was he sold.

He was so sold, he had his sons go. They did NOT want to go, but went
thinking what is 'crazy' dad up to now? but went for monthly 'adjustments'

After three months, the high school football coach stopped by to ask my
brother what training he had put his sons on, because they were hitting
harder and running measurably faster. This is Texas football too. I don't
know if my brother told him or not.

Anyway, there you have anecdotal evidence which according to the AMA has
NO value.

The 'fear' story is how a chiro cripples someone. Don't worry, normal
medical doctors can do that too. They did that to my father, ground off
his nerves rendering him a paraplegic and ultimately die.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/27/2014 9:09 AM, RobertMacy wrote:

[...]

Thanks for sharing. I've heard of a few times when
western med managed to kill some one. At present,
it's not bad enough to go pay someone. Perhaps when
things get worse.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 27 Oct 2014 06:17:41 -0700, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

...snip....

Thanks for sharing. I've heard of a few times when
western med managed to kill some one. At present,
it's not bad enough to go pay someone. Perhaps when
things get worse.

-
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

you are welcome. FWIW earlier, other doctors' actions had also killed my
father's father [my grandfather]

More recently, over the span of 2 years, 8 very close relatives of my wife
were taken out, including her father.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/27/2014 9:26 AM, RobertMacy wrote:

you are welcome. FWIW earlier, other doctors' actions had also killed my
father's father [my grandfather]

More recently, over the span of 2 years, 8 very close relatives of my
wife were taken out, including her father.

At the risk of starting some thing, did the
deceased have any thing in common like being
elderly, chronic, or Republican?

Common cause of death?

-
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 27 Oct 2014 06:34:07 -0700, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

...snip...

At the risk of starting some thing, did the
deceased have any thing in common like being
elderly, chronic, or Republican?

Common cause of death?

-
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

Naw, I'll drop it now, but do consider chiro path. If you have any chiro's
in your church, they might help without the need for laying out huge sums
of money.

no correlation between deaths. all different.

The most tragic [to me] was their taking out an outstanding, upright
citizen. He had TWO sons graduate from the Air Force Academy! While in
being treated for 'nuisance' ailment contracted one of those
'nontreatable' hospital staph infections. Matured into appearing elsewhere
as a hole in his back [rather large hole] that never would heal. Took
about two years, but finally killed him after attacking various organs.
Just a needless death.

[between you and me, I'm sure we agree there are some 'needful' deaths ]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 27 Oct 2014 04:42:48 -0700, RobertMacy
wrote:

Have you consulted a Chiropracter(sp?)?

+1

A good one may alleviate some of the chronic and start strengthening back
to 'original' But comfort is the key.

I had a "severe" lower back strain. After two weeks in bed, crawling
to the toilet in constant pain. You could have shot me to make me feel
better. My insurance happened to pay for a chiropractor. $20.00
Co-pay. I had to go once a week for treatment for months ... but gosh
I got better. I still have a week lower back and know my limits.

Visiting a chiropractor broke my myth of them being crack-pots. A
cousin was given drugs and got addicted.
Posted to alt.home.repair
dgk dgk is offline

On Mon, 27 Oct 2014 09:17:41 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 10/27/2014 9:09 AM, RobertMacy wrote:

Because they are so negated by traditional medicine their rates are
still decent.

The 'fear' story is how a chiro cripples someone. Don't worry, normal
medical doctors can do that too. They did that to my father, ground off
his nerves rendering him a paraplegic and ultimately die.

Thanks for sharing. I've heard of a few times when
western med managed to kill some one. At present,
it's not bad enough to go pay someone. Perhaps when
things get worse.

-
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

I don't have real miracle stories of chiropractors, but when I get
some stiffness and or pain in the back I do go for a few sessions.
They almost always help. It is covered by my insurance, but I have
pretty good insurance. We don't get paid too much but we have good
benefits, unfortunately a pension isn't one of them.

Mostly I get upper back issues. Ever since I started doing lots of
exercise - particularly abdomen, I don't get lower back issues.
Apparently if you keep the abs strong, it supports the lower back. But
all I have to do is sleep wrong or just move wrong and I can pull
something out of whack in the upper back.

I don't think very highly of folks who say that we're the product of
intelligent design since the back is a pretty bad design for upright
beings. Not bad for beings that walk on all fours.

Folks here know a lot about buliding things, I think they could
improve on the design. Seriously, why have respiratory secretions have
to go UP.
Posted to alt.home.repair
dgk dgk is offline

wrote:

Have you consulted a Chiropracter(sp?)?

+1

A good one may alleviate some of the chronic and start strengthening back
to 'original' But comfort is the key.

I had a "severe" lower back strain. After two weeks in bed, crawling
to the toilet in constant pain. You could have shot me to make me feel
better. My insurance happened to pay for a chiropractor. $20.00
Co-pay. I had to go once a week for treatment for months ... but gosh
I got better. I still have a week lower back and know my limits.

Visiting a chiropractor broke my myth of them being crack-pots. A
cousin was given drugs and got addicted.

Seriously, for lower back issues I really think that getting the abs
stronger is the way to go. The back is so complicated that no "one
size fits all" statement is possible, but I was told that working on
the abs will support the lower back, and it does seem to be true, at
least for me.

My insurance actually pays back $200 if you go to the gym 50 times in
6 months, and I do that easily. We have one nearby my job and I often
go for a 30 or 45 minute class at lunch time. Those classes are NOT
designed for 60+ year old farts like me, but I do my best to keep up
with the 20 yo women who mostly hit the classes. The guys tend to use
the machines instead, but I don't have that dedication. I need the
routine of working out in a group. Besides, the young ladies like the
comic relief that I provide.

But I do some things slower, or use lighter weights, or skip a few
reps. I just refer to that as my senior discount.

Damn Plumbing - Damn Faucett Packing Red Green Home Repair 4 April 4th 09 08:09 PM
Jiggaboos, she may explain finitely, unless Julie recollects boats through Mike's tape, Large Upset Werewolf. Dave Balderstone Woodworking 0 May 20th 06 02:18 PM
Ohhh ..... DAMN!! Damn, damn, damn. Broke a gear! Bob Engelhardt Metalworking 9 August 11th 05 07:37 PM
Julie Atkinson Ian Woodworking 3 July 26th 05 03:00 PM
FA: Julie Research Resistance Cal'r Mark Buckles/Harlan Labs Electronics Repair 0 September 16th 04 06:28 PM