Posted to alt.home.repair
RobertMacy RobertMacy is offline

Default damn that back ache

On Mon, 27 Oct 2014 05:07:32 -0700, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

...snip...

Have not. So far, I'm able to self medicate.
Many people have told me kind things about
chiro, there is much benefit there. Sadly,
I'm in PRNY, and have less than no money.

-
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

Because they are so negated by traditional medicine their rates are still
decent.

I've gone twice, both super successful solutions:
1. 8 years old dropped on my head like a pile driver. Hurt! constant
pinching. Parents took me and crunch pop all pain gone and total mobility
returned.
2. In high school, I had my arm raised for some question, then stupidly
tried to peer around my raised arm to look at something. Felt the
slide/shift/pain! Constant pain, couldn't move head, walked with stiff
neck. Most irritating was this was last day of class and I was looking
forward to being a troublemaker Went to doc, slip/crunch/pop. Total
mobility returned pain still there, like pulled muscle but went away next
day.

One of my colleagues in electronics had such severe back problems he was
scheduled for surgery on a Monday to fuse the troublesome area. With
surgery looiming and many of his friends saying "What have you got to
lose?" he went to a chiro on a Friday. During tht same weekend he went
from bedridden pain to playing his favorite pastime [but had not been able
to do for years], basketball! Of course canceled the surgery.

Then there's my brother, who I thought was raised with me but has no
memory of my experienes. Had traditional family arthritis and extreme
lower back pain. His normal Medical Practitioner prescribed painkillers,
which he had been taking for ?? years. Always cranky and uncomfortable.
That's no way to live. So, as expected, started to get worse, Doc changed
pills to 'more powerful' and was ok, but kept degrading. Then during one
weekend, really started to hurt, so he called his doc to be told, simply
double your dose. He thought, Say what?!

Come on. If you don't change the treatment the outcome will remain the
same. So he finally acquiesced to go to a chiro, with great reluctance
thinking he was visiting a charlatan. After the experience he said once
you got through the hype, there are some good prinicples in there. The
chiro said so much time had gone by with weak muscles that after each
visit, the body would slip back so come in every two weeks and we'll keep
you in place. As a reault: his back pain disappeared! additionally his
lifelong battle with hypoglycemia ended. Boy, was he sold.

He was so sold, he had his sons go. They did NOT want to go, but went
thinking what is 'crazy' dad up to now? but went for monthly 'adjustments'

After three months, the high school football coach stopped by to ask my
brother what training he had put his sons on, because they were hitting
harder and running measurably faster. This is Texas football too. I don't
know if my brother told him or not.

Anyway, there you have anecdotal evidence which according to the AMA has
NO value.

The 'fear' story is how a chiro cripples someone. Don't worry, normal
medical doctors can do that too. They did that to my father, ground off
his nerves rendering him a paraplegic and ultimately die.