Posted to alt.home.repair

Default damn that accidental gun discharge

On Sun, 05 Oct 2014 13:38:26 -0700, Todd wrote:

On 10/05/2014 11:01 AM, Oren wrote:
On Sun, 5 Oct 2014 14:01:02 -0400, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

"Buck" wrote in message
eb.com...
It even happens to Barney Fife.

http://woodtv.com/2014/10/03/report-...ce-department/

The **** the officer is going to take when he goes back to work will be
more far more painful than the gunshot wound.

Why would it take a large number of responders, even a fire truck for that.
Just wrap his hand in something to keep it from getting blood all over
things and take him on to the emergency room in a car.

Either because he's special, it was a slow news day, or the journalist
exaggerated?

No whore house on fire?

....Blow the fire out? Donut Shop? Cops from miles around. Putting out
old flames

_George Strait - The Fireman (Live From The Astrodome)_

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HymLwXwoRdU

Cool 'em down where their smoldering HOT.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default damn that Julie Bove!

In news Tony Hwang belched:
ChairMan wrote:
In ,
Tony Hwang belched:
Julie Bove wrote:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
On Thu, 2 Oct 2014 14:04:36 -0700, "Pico Rico"
wrote:

She sticks her toe in her for just a moment, and the newsgroup
goes all to
hell like the other groups she hangs out in. The thread on water
pressure
regulator has taken on a nasty tone that does not belong in this
previously
helpful and rational group. I hope we can return to civility.

It will if you stop stirring up ****. Go back to RFC if that is
the group you are trying to kill.

This is getting beyond ridiculous. I asked a serious question
here. Actually a couple. And perhaps because I am a woman and I
don't know technical stuff, that didn't go over so well. Both
problems are currently resolved, I certainly wasn't trolling and I
had intended to leave this group, until I saw Pico's post. Clearly he
or she is trying to cause trouble and drag me back in
here.
Hi,
Let me rephrase for Ed. Wherever you go you will suck up all the
bandwidth there
and it'll kill that group.

tony, you need to go back and reread what Ed wrote.
Ed never said anything remotely to what you posted

Hi,
I know, I was little over board. I don't like time wasters. I am in
good mood

julie isn't wasting time, pico is, he started this thread.
she's just defending herself

Posted to alt.home.repair

In ,
Julie Bove belched:
"ChairMan" wrote in message
nestork wrote:
Julie Bove;3291587 Wrote:

What are you even talking about? I didn't mention a water pressure
regulator and I don't even know what one is. My water heater has
been repaired. I was told that my venting is up to code but it may
be helpful to
extend it up another foot from the roof. So far so good on the
water heater. And you're just a nasty piece of work.

See, this is exactly the reason why Medieval Europe was such an
awful place to live and spend your life. No one dared to travel
very far from where they lived because of "highway men" that would
rob you, but also because of the mind set of the people back then.
If someone's horse died or house burned down just when you came into
town, people would suspect it was because you were evil and an
instrument of the Devil. You very well could end up in a situation
where they'd bind your hands behind your back and your feet together
and throw you in the river. If you drown, God had accepted your
soul and they'd know you were innocent. If you survived, God had
rejected you because you were evil and should be put to death.
Better to live where everyone knew you to avoid finding yourself on
trial for being evil.

I haven't read the whole Pressure Regulator thread in full, but from
what I understand, Julie Bove didn't play any part in it. Why are we
blaming her for the baby squabble that erupted there. Because she's
evil? The only ones responsible for that baby squabble are the
babies that are squabbling.

Julie participates in some food groups that pico frequents too.
IMO pico is the one trying to cause problems, not Julie.
He just threw her under the bus

Thank you. And yes, he is over at RFC doing the same. I don't think
I have ever seen him post anything on topic over there. Just tries
to stir up trouble and blame others for it.

Julie, just ignore it. If you can deal with sqwertz you can handle this

Posted to alt.home.repair

In ,
nestork belched:
'Oren[_2_ Wrote:
;3292233']
Pico tried to get on my case in the Ferguson, Missouri, shooting case
by a LEO. Tried to tell me about laws or that I should check the
law. I pointed out that I'm retired LEO and understand certain laws
on use of force. Application of that force and when to administer it
in a judicial way.

Actually, I was going to mention that the shooting of Alton Nolan, the
recently converted Jihadist, in Moore, Oklahoma, is a perfect example
of where a gun in the right hands actually worked the way it's
supposed to.

Alton Nolan had already beheaded one female co-worker and was
attacking a second when the chief operating officer of the company, a
special deputy in the local police force, shot him before he could
kill that second female co-worker. As it stands, she was only
stabbed but is expected to make a full recovery.

I'm not "pro-gun" at all, but I recognize this case as one in which a
properly armed and trained good guy was able to intervene in a
disaster in the making and prevent it from getting worse. Were it
not for that guy using his gun to stop Alton Nolan, then Vaughan
Foods could have been in the headlines as yet another massacre of
innocent people; something that the USA has seen too many of in the
past few years.

it happens every day, the media just doesn't think it fits their agenda
look here
http://bearingarms.com/tag/guns-saving-lives/

Posted to alt.home.repair

In ,
Oren belched:
On Sat, 4 Oct 2014 14:55:48 -0500, "ChairMan"
wrote:

Ed never said anything remotely to what you posted

Pico tried to get on my case in the Ferguson, Missouri, shooting case
by a LEO. Tried to tell me about laws or that I should check the law.
I pointed out that I'm retired LEO and understand certain laws on use
of force. Application of that force and when to administer it in a
judicial way. Told him of a case when a Nigerian Prince took a break
down.

Pico is another bean counter
Notice too, he started this thread stirring **** and barely has
participated?
Coincidence? i think not

I've tried to help Julie. At times I get the impression she wants to
be or play the victim. Often replies to me are "yes but". Any excuse
to what she did not do to fix what was suggested.

I see her as just looking for help, haven't seen it as trying to play victim
or stir ****.

Men use logic, females can get dramatic - it complicates things!

We both process info differently, not to say that the finer sex doesn't use
their feelings more

Posted to alt.home.repair

In ,
Todd belched:
On 10/04/2014 12:55 PM, ChairMan wrote:
tony, you need to go back and reread what Ed wrote.
Ed never said anything remotely to what you posted

You are correct. I misread it badly.

Are you Tony or Todd? Or Both?

By the way, my Trophy Wife loves the new rollers
on her chair. Thank you!

YW

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 05 Oct 2014 14:09:01 -0700, Todd wrote:

On 10/05/2014 10:56 AM, Oren wrote:
"... accidentally shot himself in the hand while cleaning his gun ..."
is bull crap. How about calling negligence? That's what is was.

Hi Oren,

The first thing I do when I clean my gun(s) is verify
it is unloaded. Remove the magazine, pull back the
slide, look down the magazine hole for light, look down the
barrel for light. I do this regardless of what I think
the state of the weapon is. Then I lay it down on my
table and get to it.

When someone hands me their weapon, I do the same
thing. Sort of like a ritual. They do the same thing
when I hand it back. And I never put my finger in the
trigger guard, unless I intend to pull the trigger.
(Dry firing is bad manners, unless the owner tells
you to go ahead and feel the trigger pull, etc..)

Is it just me, or when you hear "cleaning his gun" do you
wonder what really happened? From your LEO days, do
your alarm bells go off?

-T

If I take a gun, from ANYBODY I examine it. Check it for ammo, make
sure it is empty, not cocked. etc.

I even do it in a retail gun shop. NEVER handle a gun from another
person unless you inspect it right then. Speaking as ALL my training.
Child, Soldier, Armory Officer and retired LEO. "Unloaded guns" can
kill you. Check the gun that is passed to you, period.
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd View Post
And I never put my finger in the trigger guard, unless I intend to pull the trigger. (Dry firing is bad manners, unless the owner tells you to go ahead and feel the trigger pull, etc..)
OK, why is pulling the trigger on someone else's gun when it's not loaded considered "bad manners". Does it cause unnecessary wear on the mechanisms involved or something?

And, would the same be true for rifles and shot guns?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"nestork" wrote in message

Todd;3292573 Wrote:

And I never put my finger in the trigger guard, unless I intend to pull
the trigger. (Dry firing is bad manners, unless the owner tells you to
go ahead and feel the trigger pull, etc..)

OK, why is pulling the trigger on someone else's gun when it's not
loaded considered "bad manners". Does it cause unnecessary wear on the
mechanisms involved or something?

And, would the same be true for rifles and shot guns?

There is the theory that it is or might be bad for the firing pin/spring,
etc. More likely to be true in days of yore rather than with modern
firearms. Regardless of whether it is a new firearm and not likely to be
damaged by dry firing, if it is not your gun, you should not assume it is ok
by the owner to dry fire it.

--
nestork

Posted to alt.home.repair

"nestork" wrote in message

Todd;3292573 Wrote:

And I never put my finger in the trigger guard, unless I intend to pull
the trigger. (Dry firing is bad manners, unless the owner tells you to
go ahead and feel the trigger pull, etc..)

OK, why is pulling the trigger on someone else's gun when it's not
loaded considered "bad manners". Does it cause unnecessary wear on the
mechanisms involved or something?

And, would the same be true for rifles and shot guns?

Some guns can break the firing pin. I have an AMT Backup DAO that the
firing pin can be broken if dry fired. Many of the rim fire revolvers can
also be dammaged by dry firing.

Unless the owners manual states you can dry fire a gun,I don't do it. It
may or may not cause some probleems.

---

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/5/2014 4:36 PM, Todd wrote:

I wonder how many guns have wound up in the toilet (and cell phones)

No idea on guns, but cell phones are in the thousands every years. I
read on CNET that 19% of cell phone owners have dropped them in. I also
saw where people in China died trying to retrieve them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/05/2014 04:29 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I also saw where people in China died trying to retrieve them.

Probably fell in. I wonder what kind of toilets they have?
Swimming pools?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/05/2014 02:31 PM, Oren wrote:
[...]

What is your take on the "cleaning my gun" excuse. Excuse
or real?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/05/2014 03:09 PM, nestork wrote:
Todd;3292573 Wrote:

And I never put my finger in the trigger guard, unless I intend to pull
the trigger. (Dry firing is bad manners, unless the owner tells you to
go ahead and feel the trigger pull, etc..)

OK, why is pulling the trigger on someone else's gun when it's not
loaded considered "bad manners". Does it cause unnecessary wear on the
mechanisms involved or something?

And, would the same be true for rifles and shot guns?

You can hurt the firing pin. And, if not, the owner
may think it will.
A trick to teach you not to flinch when you pull the
trigger is to load a few duds into the magazine. When
they don't fire, it is really obvious that you flinched.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/05/2014 02:29 PM, ChairMan wrote:
Are you Tony or Todd? Or Both?

Just Todd. I probably just wrote your name
and got on auto pilot and didn't realize
I repeated it

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/5/2014 12:55 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
Did you read that story on the 'net? A female elementary school teacher
had a
concealed weapon license to carry a pistol. One day when she sat down on
a toilet,
the gun discharged and blew up the toilet..... This is not good, is it?

I'd not read that. I doubt it, though.
Doesn't sound reasonable.

I bet that scared the **** out of her!

Woman in the next stall: "What she
been eating?"

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/5/2014 6:09 PM, nestork wrote:
OK, why is pulling the trigger on someone else's gun when it's not
loaded considered "bad manners". Does it cause unnecessary wear on the
mechanisms involved or something?

And, would the same be true for rifles and shot guns?

Some guns can be damaged by dry firing.
Tends to break the firing pin. Same for
any rimfire or centerfire. Rifle and
shotgun, also.

It's been a couple decades, and I don't
remember the source. A prison guard in the
tower had been dry firing the duty rifle,
during a boring shift. Some time after
that, a riot broke out. The guard who was
then on duty needed to fire a shot, but
only got a click for his trouble. Chambered
another round, another click.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/5/2014 7:49 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I bet that scared the **** out of her!

Woman in the next stall: "What she
been eating?"

LOL!

Let's hope she was constipated... 'cause that certainly scared the crap
out of her!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/05/2014 05:55 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 10/5/2014 6:09 PM, nestork wrote:
OK, why is pulling the trigger on someone else's gun when it's not
loaded considered "bad manners". Does it cause unnecessary wear on the
mechanisms involved or something?

And, would the same be true for rifles and shot guns?

Some guns can be damaged by dry firing.
Tends to break the firing pin. Same for
any rimfire or centerfire. Rifle and
shotgun, also.

It's been a couple decades, and I don't
remember the source. A prison guard in the
tower had been dry firing the duty rifle,
during a boring shift. Some time after
that, a riot broke out. The guard who was
then on duty needed to fire a shot, but
only got a click for his trouble. Chambered
another round, another click.

Let's hope he didn't wet himself in front of the boys!

Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd View Post
A trick to teach you not to flinch when you pull the
trigger is to load a few duds into the magazine. When
they don't fire, it is really obvious that you flinched.
OK, I'm presuming that what you mean by that is that if there's no recoil of the gun when the trigger is pulled, then any movement of the barrel has to be due to the shooter flinching.

My understanding is that in the sport of skeet shooting, some people use special triggers called "release triggers". Unlike normal triggers, release triggers fire the gun when the trigger mechanism is released. That's supposedly to prevent the pulling of the trigger from causing flinching and subsequent movement of the shot gun barrel. I know that because I import stuff from the USA into Canada fairly frequently, and there was one guy I met at the Canada Border Services Office who was wanting to import a release trigger for competitive skeet shooting, and the border guard was having trouble finding the right B3 classification number for such a thing. I ended up talking to the guy, and he explained to me that it was a special kind of trigger that fired the gun when you released the trigger, not when you pulled it, and that was meant to minimize flinching, and hence improve his shooting accuracy. It was apparantly worth several hundred dollars.

Last edited by nestork : October 6th 14 at 02:59 AM
Posted to alt.home.repair

Julie Bove wrote:

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
Julie Bove wrote:

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
Pico Rico wrote:
She sticks her toe in her for just a moment, and the newsgroup goes
all to
hell like the other groups she hangs out in. The thread on water
pressure
regulator has taken on a nasty tone that does not belong in this
previously
helpful and rational group. I hope we can return to civility.

Hi,
She is like a stirring stick, never gave feedback. Very weird.

Nonsense. I said that the problems are all fixed although the plumber
said we should probably extend the vent pipe up another foot out of the
roof. It is up to code though but he said that might prevent the flame
from going out in high winds. Might but also might not. That will
likely have to wait about three weeks though. I have other fish to fry.

Hello,
Curious mind wants to know, how they were fixed. Not just fixed.
What did they do on the opener and WH?

I did post of it. Basically they had to redo most of the installation.
Nothing was put up properly. Some wires were too tight and some were
too loose. They tightened the loose ones but the ones on either side of
the garage door are far too tight. This was likely done out of spite
after I complained about the loose hanging wire everywhere. The end
result? If someone so much as lightly bumps either of the sensors
(eyes) which were also improperly installed, this will knock the sensor
out of place and pull on the wires causing trouble. They put the
sensors just at the edges of the garage door opening instead of further
back like the old ones were and up far too high.

The unit itself was being held up by only one nut and bolt instead of
two and the brackets were put on the wrong part of the opener.
Originally the installer tried to use the old brackets for a Genie and
the whole thing was so wobbly, it was about to fall down. After I
complained, he used the correct brackets. Just installed them wrong.
The end result of that was that the unit itself was on the verge of
falling down and the chain was about to come off the track yet again.
So that was all put right. And that is why my door wouldn't fully
close. Everything was too loose.

I might still have a problem with the sensors and their wires. If I do
I will have to call the new guy back again but it will mean having to
rewire those as they currently cut the wires so short there was nothing
he could do except use new wire.

As for the keypad, neither of the new guys were familiar with the unit
and looking on the Internet for instructions were of no more help to
them than they were for me. It just wasn't working right. And it was a
generic unit. They had the correct unit for this opener and they
installed it for a mere $30

I'm sure I left out some details. Oh and... I did report the first
company to the BBB and the complaint has been registered. And the next
call these new guys were making was across the street from me to a house
with exactly the same complaints that I had!

The new installers said that most of the companies in this area and not
just garage doors but other types of repairs are run by some guy or
people in a call center, not necessarily even in this state. They
outsource to foreign people. The older guy's wife once followed up on a
company that outsources to Mexicans and found their address to be a
Dairy Queen. Yep. They are rampant here. Oh and the name of the good
company? Barron's Garage Doors. Anyone in the Seattle area who has door
or opener problems that they can't fix themselves? Call them. They
would have done the job for less than half what we paid. Not sure why
my bro couldn't get in contact with them. He told me that someone was
sick or in the hospital so they couldn't come right away. But they told
me that part wasn't true. They did say that they were very busy at some
point so that may just have been it./

Posted to alt.home.repair

Roy wrote:
On Sunday, October 5, 2014 12:28:53 AM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
"Guv Bob" wrote in message

m...

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

Anyway... That stupid nightmare is over now.

Next job is to get the house painted but I know that the painter is good.

He lives right behind me and I know his work! Plus my daughter goes to

school with his daughter. So if something should go wrong, at least I know

where to find him.

May I suggest a nice phosphorescent orange color for your house...as it seems to be a hazard zone in many ways.
===

Hi,
Maybe smart service techs try not to come near her house?
Any how, I hope she has better luck next time.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Todd wrote:

On 10/05/2014 11:09 AM, rbowman wrote:
Harry K wrote:

I read it and have a vague recollection that I read it in the newspaper.
It is quite possible with a dropped weapon, snagged trigger, etc. Weird
accidents commonly happen with weapons (and other tools).

There have been a few incidents of people carefully removing their
concealed handguns when dropping their trousers -- and then forgetting
them when they leave.

I wonder how many guns have wound up in the toilet (and cell phones)

More than anybody is going to admit to, obviously. "My iPhone 6 doesn't work
so well since it swam with the fishes."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/05/2014 06:28 PM, nestork wrote:
Todd;3292645 Wrote:

A trick to teach you not to flinch when you pull the
trigger is to load a few duds into the magazine. When
they don't fire, it is really obvious that you flinched.

OK, I'm presuming that what you mean by that is that if there's no
recoil of the gun when the trigger is pulled, then any movement of the
barrel has to be due to the shooter flinching.

Yup. It can be pretty historical. [braggart alert] I can see
the fireball out my M1911 [/braggart alert]

[...]

Interesting. First I have heard of it. I wonder how
much effect that would have on your accuracy?

On my M1911, the trigger pull is really heavy:
around 9 lbs. But it has not travel, so it
fires when you apply enough pressure, but you
can't feel it move, so no flinching.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Pico Rico" wrote in message news:m0nne3

you missed the point - there is a certain nastiness that has invaded this
newsgroup.

Ask not for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/For_Whom_the_Bell_Tolls

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Dan Espen" wrote in message
"Pico Rico" writes:

... has taken on a nasty tone that does not belong in this previously
helpful and rational group.

One of us must be in some kind of alternate reality.

Cue theme to the "Twilight Zone."

I hope we can return to civility.

I'm dumbfounded.

Me too. Out of all the people in AHR to accuse of uncivil behavior (while
commiting it, no less with such a nasty subject line) Julie would be at the
bottom of my list. Welcome to Bizzaro World.

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
Roy wrote:
On Sunday, October 5, 2014 12:28:53 AM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
"Guv Bob" wrote in message

m...

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

Anyway... That stupid nightmare is over now.

Next job is to get the house painted but I know that the painter is
good.

He lives right behind me and I know his work! Plus my daughter goes

school with his daughter. So if something should go wrong, at least I
know

where to find him.

May I suggest a nice phosphorescent orange color for your house...as it
seems to be a hazard zone in many ways.
===

Hi,
Maybe smart service techs try not to come near her house?
Any how, I hope she has better luck next time.

The guy I will hire to paint has done roofing repairs for me. I only wish I
had known he was finally licensed or I would have hired him to do the roof.
The roofing job was great. Only a couple of little things that got missed
and I was on those like white on rice. My friend had her roof done about a
year ago and she told me of things to look for. They cleaned up very well
afterwards too. I have heard that often doesn't happen.

He also does windows so if and when we get the three in the front replaced,
we will hire him as well.

There just seems to be a whole lot of bad repair type companies in this
area. Perhaps in every area. I don't know. This is the first house I've
ever owned. I was in military housing or renting prior.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default damn that release trigger!

On 10/5/2014 9:28 PM, nestork wrote:

[...]

"Well, the gun didn't go off when I pulled
the trigger. I'll just relax, it's not
dangerous, swing around to chat with Joe,
and take my finger off, and put the gun
away."

BANG!

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, October 4, 2014 6:51:14 PM UTC-4, nestork wrote:
'Oren[_2_ Wrote:

[...]

Did you also notice how little attention the media gave it? Any interviews
with the hero? Any followup at all? Very little
coverage, they just reported that a co-worker there who was armed
shot the guy, ending it. Compare that to the coverage you get when
someone uses a gun to commit a crime. The vast majority of cases where
a fire arm is legally used to stop a crime, save a life, etc are never
reported at all. This one, they had to, because the murder and what
happened was so heinous.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, October 5, 2014 2:09:58 AM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message

On 10/4/2014 7:39 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

You've got that right. He is very set in his opinions on seemingly

everything and it's either his way or get put in his kill-file. And

that's really all that any of this is. His opinions. But why in the

world either he or Pico would drag up stuff that went on in another

newsgroup to here is beyond me. Both just seem to love stirring up

trouble. I only brought it up because he did it to me first. Not that

he'll even see any of this because he does have me kill-filed. I just

thought he was off doing other things and not on Usenet. Apparently

not. But the more I think about this... Since you mentioned religion,

that may well be *why* he is being mean to that other woman. Religion.

She is of one that is not his.

I'm far less than perfect, in people matters.

Can't remember all the gambits and counter

moves, and who said what, and when. But, the

general impression from my memory is that

Julie B has been sincere, and seeking infor-

mation. Less sure about the sincerity of the

others you mention.

As people are usually consistent, it's easy

to imagine that the same Todd who pounded on

my head with a rolled up news paper would

pound some one else.

Yep! And I did come here trying to understand the problems I was having but

I dislike being called crazy and having other posters telling people not to

respond to me. So unless my name should come up here again and I hope it

will not, I will be getting my information elsewhere and I will try not to

post here. It's apparently just not a pleasant place. At least in not in

terms of some of the posters. And again, thanks to those who did try to

help.

For the record, I don't understand the logic behind Pico starting the
attack on you here either. As you say, you had nothing to do with the
other thread and I don't see any valid connection. But this kind of thing
happening here certainly isn't unique either. I've seen similar and a lot
worse on other groups. It's not a moderated forum and that goes along with
the territory, for better or worse.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, October 5, 2014 6:51:52 PM UTC-4, Ralph Mowery wrote:
"nestork" wrote in message

Todd;3292573 Wrote:

And I never put my finger in the trigger guard, unless I intend to pull

the trigger. (Dry firing is bad manners, unless the owner tells you to

go ahead and feel the trigger pull, etc..)

OK, why is pulling the trigger on someone else's gun when it's not

loaded considered "bad manners". Does it cause unnecessary wear on the

mechanisms involved or something?

And, would the same be true for rifles and shot guns?

Some guns can break the firing pin. I have an AMT Backup DAO that the

firing pin can be broken if dry fired. Many of the rim fire revolvers can

also be dammaged by dry firing.

Unless the owners manual states you can dry fire a gun,I don't do it. It

may or may not cause some probleems.

+1

They sell special spring-loaded dry fire cartridges that can be used
for dry firing to avoid any problems.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default damn that beheading!

On 10/6/2014 8:20 AM, trader_4 wrote:

[...]

Since the guy was LEO, I'd have guessed the media
would play it up as "look how law enfarcement
protects you".

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Green View Post
Me too. Out of all the people in AHR to accuse of uncivil behavior (while
commiting it, no less with such a nasty subject line) Julie would be at the
bottom of my list. Welcome to Bizzaro World.
Bobby G.
Same here.
I saw absolutely no reason for the attack on Julie.

I'm fairly new here, but I saw absolutely nothing that she did IN HERE that would justify her being accused and humiliated in the whole forum like that. I'm thinking that Pico Rico just got up on the wrong side of the bed that day.

If that happened to me, I'd probably track my attacker down and eat his brain. People think beheadings are a messy affair. They've never seen me eat a brain.

Last edited by nestork : October 6th 14 at 06:20 PM
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 5 Oct 2014 13:19:36 -0700 (PDT), BenDarrenBach
wrote:

On Sunday, October 5, 2014 1:47:19 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:

I didn't hear about the toilet but she shot herself in the leg.

mick, thanks for sparing us a 6 paragraph anecdote! ;^)

Well, I could tell you about the time I kicked my toilet with my leg,
but no gun was involved and I don't work at a school.

Still, it's a good story.

About 4 years ago... There's the phone. I'll have to finish this
later.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/06/2014 05:17 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

Hi Stormin,

Swing around at me and I would tell you to get a new
friend. Don't ever point a gun at anyone, loaded or
otherwise. If you ever see two guys looking at each other's
guns, watch how they always point them away from anyone,
even when they know they are empty.

When a round doesn't go off, even when you think it
shouldn't, such as a deliberate dud load, you keep your
weapon pointed downrange for a bit, then eject the dud
still pointing downrange, and then continue pointing
downrange. Defective rounds have been know to delay
fire. I have never come across one myself, but ...

I have had powder in my hair from el-cheap-o wad
cutter reloads purchased from the range. Those
your can really see the fireball before blinking.
But even those have always fired. I will take
no chances though.

-T
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, October 6, 2014 8:32:43 AM UTC-4, trader_4 wrote:
+1 They sell special spring-loaded dry fire cartridges that can be used for dry firing to avoid any problems.

Snap-Caps.

Have a friend load your weapon so you do not know when to expect it.
It is very good practice to see how you react.

Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

I'm always cautious. I've seen an officer that never used the safety.
His shotgun (870 Remington) was in the rear window gun rack (pickup
truck) with a round CHAMBERED (wrong). The weapon fired one time and
blew part of the passenger side cab out. Another time, one officer was
driving around with his barrel sticking out the window and the shotgun
discharged, pellets went over the fence into the prison. The fool
could have killed somebody. He was silent on the radio, I heard the
discharge, called the boss - "Hey Boss, you may want to visit the
Perimeter Patrol, he may have something to tell you." I don't trust
anybody until I inspect the weapon and check it personally. There are
other stories, too. Farkin' government workers! They should have been
transferred to the Postal Service
--
"I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it," -- Clint Eastwood
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 05 Oct 2014 17:11:14 -0700, Todd wrote:

[...]

It's an attempt to take the heat off. There is no reason an armed
court officer should be cleaning his service weapon ON the job,
period.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/6/2014 2:07 PM, Oren wrote:

I've seen an officer that never used the safety.
His shotgun (870 Remington) was in the rear window gun rack (pickup
truck) with a round CHAMBERED (wrong). The weapon fired one time and
blew part of the passenger side cab out. Another time, one officer was
driving around with his barrel sticking out the window and the shotgun
discharged, pellets went over the fence into the prison. The fool
could have killed somebody. He was silent on the radio, I heard the
discharge, called the boss - "Hey Boss, you may want to visit the
Perimeter Patrol, he may have something to tell you." I don't trust
anybody until I inspect the weapon and check it personally. There are
other stories, too. Farkin' government workers! They should have been
transferred to the Postal Service

Would you call for immediately disarming all
government workers?
--
..
Christopher A. Young

Damn Plumbing - Damn Faucett Packing Red Green Home Repair 4 April 4th 09 08:09 PM
Jiggaboos, she may explain finitely, unless Julie recollects boats through Mike's tape, Large Upset Werewolf. Dave Balderstone Woodworking 0 May 20th 06 02:18 PM
Ohhh ..... DAMN!! Damn, damn, damn. Broke a gear! Bob Engelhardt Metalworking 9 August 11th 05 07:37 PM
Julie Atkinson Ian Woodworking 3 July 26th 05 03:00 PM
FA: Julie Research Resistance Cal'r Mark Buckles/Harlan Labs Electronics Repair 0 September 16th 04 06:28 PM