Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default damn that Julie Bove!

On Sunday, October 5, 2014 6:51:52 PM UTC-4, Ralph Mowery wrote:
"nestork" wrote in message

Todd;3292573 Wrote:

And I never put my finger in the trigger guard, unless I intend to pull

the trigger. (Dry firing is bad manners, unless the owner tells you to

go ahead and feel the trigger pull, etc..)

OK, why is pulling the trigger on someone else's gun when it's not

loaded considered "bad manners". Does it cause unnecessary wear on the

mechanisms involved or something?

And, would the same be true for rifles and shot guns?

Some guns can break the firing pin. I have an AMT Backup DAO that the

firing pin can be broken if dry fired. Many of the rim fire revolvers can

also be dammaged by dry firing.

Unless the owners manual states you can dry fire a gun,I don't do it. It

may or may not cause some probleems.

+1

They sell special spring-loaded dry fire cartridges that can be used
for dry firing to avoid any problems.