Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default damn that Julie Bove!

Julie Bove wrote:

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
Julie Bove wrote:

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
Pico Rico wrote:
She sticks her toe in her for just a moment, and the newsgroup goes
all to
hell like the other groups she hangs out in. The thread on water
pressure
regulator has taken on a nasty tone that does not belong in this
previously
helpful and rational group. I hope we can return to civility.

Hi,
She is like a stirring stick, never gave feedback. Very weird.

Nonsense. I said that the problems are all fixed although the plumber
said we should probably extend the vent pipe up another foot out of the
roof. It is up to code though but he said that might prevent the flame
from going out in high winds. Might but also might not. That will
likely have to wait about three weeks though. I have other fish to fry.

Hello,
Curious mind wants to know, how they were fixed. Not just fixed.
What did they do on the opener and WH?

I did post of it. Basically they had to redo most of the installation.
Nothing was put up properly. Some wires were too tight and some were
too loose. They tightened the loose ones but the ones on either side of
the garage door are far too tight. This was likely done out of spite
after I complained about the loose hanging wire everywhere. The end
result? If someone so much as lightly bumps either of the sensors
(eyes) which were also improperly installed, this will knock the sensor
out of place and pull on the wires causing trouble. They put the
sensors just at the edges of the garage door opening instead of further
back like the old ones were and up far too high.

The unit itself was being held up by only one nut and bolt instead of
two and the brackets were put on the wrong part of the opener.
Originally the installer tried to use the old brackets for a Genie and
the whole thing was so wobbly, it was about to fall down. After I
complained, he used the correct brackets. Just installed them wrong.
The end result of that was that the unit itself was on the verge of
falling down and the chain was about to come off the track yet again.
So that was all put right. And that is why my door wouldn't fully
close. Everything was too loose.

I might still have a problem with the sensors and their wires. If I do
I will have to call the new guy back again but it will mean having to
rewire those as they currently cut the wires so short there was nothing
he could do except use new wire.

As for the keypad, neither of the new guys were familiar with the unit
and looking on the Internet for instructions were of no more help to
them than they were for me. It just wasn't working right. And it was a
generic unit. They had the correct unit for this opener and they
installed it for a mere $30

I'm sure I left out some details. Oh and... I did report the first
company to the BBB and the complaint has been registered. And the next
call these new guys were making was across the street from me to a house
with exactly the same complaints that I had!

The new installers said that most of the companies in this area and not
just garage doors but other types of repairs are run by some guy or
people in a call center, not necessarily even in this state. They
outsource to foreign people. The older guy's wife once followed up on a
company that outsources to Mexicans and found their address to be a
Dairy Queen. Yep. They are rampant here. Oh and the name of the good
company? Barron's Garage Doors. Anyone in the Seattle area who has door
or opener problems that they can't fix themselves? Call them. They
would have done the job for less than half what we paid. Not sure why
my bro couldn't get in contact with them. He told me that someone was
sick or in the hospital so they couldn't come right away. But they told
me that part wasn't true. They did say that they were very busy at some
point so that may just have been it./