Posted to alt.home.repair
Todd Todd is offline

Default damn that Julie Bove!

On 10/05/2014 03:09 PM, nestork wrote:
Todd;3292573 Wrote:

And I never put my finger in the trigger guard, unless I intend to pull
the trigger. (Dry firing is bad manners, unless the owner tells you to
go ahead and feel the trigger pull, etc..)

OK, why is pulling the trigger on someone else's gun when it's not
loaded considered "bad manners". Does it cause unnecessary wear on the
mechanisms involved or something?

And, would the same be true for rifles and shot guns?

You can hurt the firing pin. And, if not, the owner
may think it will.
A trick to teach you not to flinch when you pull the
trigger is to load a few duds into the magazine. When
they don't fire, it is really obvious that you flinched.