Posted to alt.home.repair

Default damn that release trigger!

On 10/5/2014 9:28 PM, nestork wrote:

My understanding is that in the sport of skeet shooting, some people use
special triggers called "release triggers". Unlike normal triggers,
release triggers fire the gun when the trigger mechanism is released.
That's supposedly to prevent the pulling of the trigger from causing
flinching and subsequent movement of the shot gun barrel. I know that
because I import stuff from the USA into Canada fairly frequently, and
there was one guy I met at the Canada Border Services Office who was
wanting to import a release trigger for competitive skeet shooting, and
the border guard was having trouble finding the right B3 classification
number for such a thing. I ended up talking to the guy, and he
explained to me that it was a special kind of trigger that fired the gun
when you released the trigger, not when you pulled it, and that was
meant to minimize flinching, and hence improve his shooting accuracy.
It was apparantly worth several hundred dollars.

"Well, the gun didn't go off when I pulled
the trigger. I'll just relax, it's not
dangerous, swing around to chat with Joe,
and take my finger off, and put the gun
away."

BANG!

--