Posted to alt.home.repair

Default damn that beheading!

On 10/6/2014 8:20 AM, trader_4 wrote:

I'm not "pro-gun" at all, but I recognize this case as one in which a
properly armed and trained good guy was able to intervene in a disaster
in the making and prevent it from getting worse. Were it not for that
guy using his gun to stop Alton Nolan, then Vaughan Foods could have
been in the headlines as yet another massacre of innocent people;
something that the USA has seen too many of in the past few years.

Did you also notice how little attention the media gave it? Any interviews
with the hero? Any followup at all? Very little
coverage, they just reported that a co-worker there who was armed
shot the guy, ending it. Compare that to the coverage you get when
someone uses a gun to commit a crime. The vast majority of cases where
a fire arm is legally used to stop a crime, save a life, etc are never
reported at all. This one, they had to, because the murder and what
happened was so heinous.

Since the guy was LEO, I'd have guessed the media
would play it up as "look how law enfarcement
protects you".

--
..
Christopher A. Young