Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Homobase

On Thursday, 9 October 2014 22:42:52 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
whisky-dave wrote

50 wouldn;t there is a formulae 1.7g per 1KG body wieght 50% of peole
would be killed is the estimate.

Which is nothing like 50 pills. Try 1K for a 60Kg person.

It doesn;t take 1k to give you organ damage. That can happen with less than a dozen.

http://www.health.harvard.edu/health...-aspirin-a-day

"If taking aspirin were without side-effects and completely risk free, it might make sense for everyone with heart disease, or just worried about it, to take it. But aspirin does have risks. Reducing blood's clotting potential can lead to hemorrhagic stroke (bleeding inside the brain). In the stomach, aspirin can cause everything from a feeling of mild heartburn to bleeding ulcers. Severe gastrointestinal bleeding can be deadly."

Don't take aspirin just because you've heard it can help prevent a heart attack or stroke. It can, but it can also do some damage. There's no exact tipping point at which it makes sense to start taking an aspirin a day. If you are healthy, haven't been diagnosed with heart disease or other cardiovascular disease, and don't have risk factors for them, aspirin probably isn't for you. You'll reap little benefit while exposing yourself to side effects you'd rather stay away from.

Those that attempt it with asprin/paracetomol aren't in their right mind.

Or are just pig ignorant.

Like yourself ?

Or do you think that those that go to switzerland for euthanasia
are stupid because they could just go to a supermarket and buy
a couple of 100 pills for a fraction of the air fare ?

That wont kill them with aspirin.

or they know that it's unrealible and painful.
Why don't they buy a suicide bag ?

But then again it's no suprise that yuo don;t know the differnce between
euthanasia and suicide.

Because that IS a fact. about 35p for 16 pills of 300mg.

Which wont kill you with aspirin.

Unlikily is the fact here, which is why they don't mind people buying boxes of 16.

Many of them are, most obviously with euthanasia.

I believe those ARE thinking straight.

Pity about your original that you have carefully deleted from the quoting..

then put it back in.

For most it's a cry for help

Which aint suicide, stupid.

How can you tell the differnce ?
Dont; forget that limiting the number of pills is to reduce the
number of deaths from those pills.

it was with my flatmat which is why she phoned her friend
after taking the pills saying where she was but don;t come
to help her as she'd taken a bottle of pills to kill herself.

So it wasn't suicide, stupid.

OK stupid what would have happened if she'd had 100 left in trhe jar rather than the dozen or so she had.

I doubt you even know that it's mostly women that choose a pill and that men prefer high buildings for such things generally speaking.

You just don;t phone a friend with a car that lives 10mins away
and tell them where you are if you truely want to kill yourself.

So it wasn't suicide, stupid.

NO it wan;t stupid, because she remained alive.
Not being able to aquire more than the dozen or so pills meant she had to leave her house, but as it was 11pm she wandered the streets of north london..
If she'd had 100 pills she would have taken them but I don;t she'd have made it out the house. It's not the 1st tiome she's 'attrempted suicide' that was the 3rd each time she has contacted someone for help BEFORE dying. !!!

Then there's still the 'accidental' overdose
I don't believe that happens much with aspirin
in the sort of quantity that produces liver failure.

Actually I think it's kidney failure, but they do want people
that taking just one a day can cause stomuch ulcers, so not
sure what effect taking a 100 in a few minutes might do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspirin_poisoning#Severity

Yep see.. you can kill yourself with asprin but it's not easy as most think..

or the help me overdoes,

If you're taking other medicines and asprin you might
exceed a safe limit which is about 4g per day.

But the limit on how many you can buy will have no effect on that.

At least you've got that right, so if yuo're taking another drug even say night nurse you need/should to be aware of what's in it.

You do realise that you can even be killed by drinking too much water.

But there is no limit on how much of that you can buy at a time.

No there isn;t as few if any people buy water in order to commite suicide so that's why there wouldn't be much point in limiting sales of it.

You can do that with spirits too, and there is no limit on
how much of that you can buy at a time in a bottle either.

Most know the effects of such things, they certainly take such thimgs for fun and depression but I've yet to hear anyone say I want to commit suicide think I'll buy a crate of gin/vodka.......

I had a flatmate (before she lived with me) who took about

15 paracetomols to kill herself because she was despressed.

She failed.

Sure, paracetamol can certainly kill you.

People think all headache pills can kill

I doubt too many think that about aspirin.

Perhaps that's the problem. They get a headache take a dozen asprin the headache remains they take another dozen....
The more you have the more you can take.

If it were a 100 or 200 jar she might have done
her self some serioius harm but not death.

I just don't believe that many would buy 100 or 200 jars of paracetamol.

You don't need to buy them they just need to be at hand at the 'right
time'.

They wouldn't be on hand at the right time unless you buy them.

My father used to buy Asprin in bottles of 200 from boots.
it was he how forst told me about it.
He used to take 1 a day and only ever brought the boots ones.

That last was done for other reasons, to make
it harder for kids to take them accidentally.

So was putting child proof caps on bottles,

Those are much more of a problem for those with arthritis etc.

Didn't stop the child proof tops being impletmeted did it ?

You wont find much that can kill you unreliably there either.

Yes you will. Most at at least contain scissors you can certainly do some damaged with scissors.

or for you to go and find your inert gas,
Its completely trivial to do that, any place flogging party balloons.

Just the sort of place you'll go to when suffering depretion a 'party'
and anyway there's moves to stop those helium ballon sellers,

Not by anyone that matters.

Whether or not it matters to you is irrelivant but I still don't believe they'll be lots of potential suicides from helium ballons.

I don;t believe the 13 year old girl was breathing in helium in order to commite suicide.

why do you think that is, because NASA was affraid of teh competition ?

Because its obviously possible to kill yourself accidentally,
particularly given that helium has an interesting effect on
your voice.

But the above case was the first or one of the 1st in the UK.
Lots of people have breathed in helium and not died.

you can stop such accidents by baning these ballons
or requiring a license to sell them with helium.

That wouldn't stop someone from breathing it out of the balloon.

Breathing helium out of a ballon doesn;t always cause death.

Which is what they plan to do.

Bet they don't, because there is no viable alternative for balloons.

I don;t believe that helium party ballons are crucial to the human race,
and what they'll do is license the organisers of such events.

and now think about the averaae person in the UK. I bet
half wouldn't know what an inert gas was let alone find it.

Sure, but that's just as true of what will kill
you reliably in the medicine cabinet too or
even the cupboard under the sink or the shed.

Yes which is why they choose such things
rather than helium, far esieir to aquire.

Its actually due to ignorance, not the ease.

Your ignorance.
There are far far easier and more relible ways of killing yourself than a party ballon

The main exception is rope.

the expression give someone enough rope
and they'll hang themselves comes to mind.

and then there's cost.

It doesn't cost enough to matter.

What doesn;t cost enough ?

Helium.

So why don't we see more deaths or suicides from helium
iof it's a cheap suicide method ?

Most people that think of killing themselves do it on the spot and use
whatever is to hand they don;t normally go out and purchase items.

I actually know more than that who have chosen to
get what they need to kill themselves reliably if they
ever decide that they want to do that and all of those
have done that by going out and purchasing items.

So what did they buy.

All of the obvious alternatives, suicide bags, barbiturates,
nembutal, helium.

yeah sure, you might believe it I don't, unless you can show some real evidence.

The one that has killed himself successfully used a rope.

How much rope ?, would he have used rope
if it were only sold in 1 inch lenghts ?

That's never going to happen.

If he couldn;t have brought the rope how would he have killed himself
?

These people aren't normally in their 'right mind' at the time.

Sure, those spontaneous ones, but there are plenty
of others that are, most obviously with euthanasia.

Which is also illegal in the UK.

Not if you do it to yourself.

Then it's not euthanasia is it.

Corse it is.

if you kill yourself it's suicide if it's a friend or partner or medical professional does it at your request it's euthanasia.

euthanasia and sucide ARE differnt even if
teh end result is the same. i.e a corpse.

Wrong.

Look it up.
http://www.differencebetween.info/di...and-euthanasia

"Key difference: Suicide is the act of intentionally taking one's own life. Euthanasia is the practice of intentionally ending somebody's life in order to relieve pain and suffering."

Much more effective to get some helium
that's used for party balloons and use that.

It's not that effective and unlikely to kill you.

Its completely effective and always kills you
when you ensure that that is all you breath.

Which isn't that easy to do,

Bull****. Its completely trivial with a bag over your head.

But those selling party ballons don't put a bag over cyour head tpo stop you breathing.

Even you'd be able to manage that.

I wouldn't be stupid enough to try. perhaps yuo should try it.

which is one you can count on one hand the
number of peole that have died in such a way.

Bull****.

then show me all these instances of people killing themselves by helium .

"It's illegal to encourage suicide in the UK, but one 91-year-old US woman ran a business selling "helium hoods" online, sending butterfly adorned boxes out across the world before the FBI shut her down. Isaac warns that, even with helium, there are complications: "From my own research, helium was readily available and you can do it yourself. However, there have been reports of people who have tried it and just woken up with a really bad headache - they tore the hood off when they were in a state of semi-consciousness, because their body was trying to fight for life."

They don't do that because they can buy it at home.

you can buy a knife almost anywhere, why travel or order from mexico ?

Two years ago you could by dehydrated water on the net.

Its easy to test whether what you bought is nembutal.

Why would you want to test it ?
Do you normaly buy such things from an untrusted source ?

There's even been a far better suggestion in this NG, but
make sure you have the £20 on you before you do it.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BjIKPAmCcAA31T3.jpg

That approach is very unreliable.

Not as unrelible as other methods,

Bull****.

electrection is quite a good way of killing yourself.

plenty of people die from electricution.

**** all do in fact.

More people die from electrocution than breathing in helium.

Another obvious approach is a heroin overdose,

heroin is illegal which could be a problem.

Nope, vast numbers use it every day.

But not to commide suicide,

Irrelevant to your claim about a problem.

Very relivent as banning heroin is unlikley to change the suicide stats.

that is NOT how peaches geldof died.

Irrelevant how that silly cow died.

It's very relivent if you want to know the actual cause of death rather than being a ****wit.
While you're at it perhaps you'd like to have a go at the maccans....

but that's more risky because you can't be sure
it's the usual strength and so you can't be sure you
will kill yourself with say 10 times the normal dose.

you can be sold anyhting and if it is wrong it can kill you.

A friend of mine changed his speed dealer, he injected it,
but didn;t know the new dealwer cut it with clucose rather
than anadin and he was rushed to hospital as his arm
swelled up. He was no taking speed to kill himself.

Irrelevant to those who do.

Again I don;t know anyone that has taken speed in order to kill themselves as a delibrate act. Speed is a drug that can help you stay awake not 'fall asleep.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 10 October 2014 15:51:20 UTC+1, Tim Watts wrote:
On 10/10/14 13:53, whisky-dave wrote:

I thought you could still kill yourself from natural gas.
I'm pretty sure you can in the same why you'd kill yourself with helium.
Natrual gase isn't poisonous but niether is a sharp kitchen knife.

That might work (nicely). The one to avoid is CO2 as the body detects
excess CO2 (in the form of acid blood) rather than a lack of O2.

Butane apparently makes you high - or so I recall back in the 80s when
some smackheads were sniffing it in a car and one got so high he lit a

fag...

don't tell Ron Speed that or he'll end up claiming such a way is a common way for people to commit suicide or is it euthanasia he doesn't understand the differnece.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote

as do those who do it via their car exhaust.

And the change made to the gas supplied to houses.

Not sure that's true,

Corse it is. The change from town gas to natural gas
meant that you couldn't suicide that way anymore.

I thought you could still kill yourself from natural gas.

Only in the sense that its an inert gas that can be used
in a suicide bag to avoid gasping for air as you do if
you use the bag by itself and get just CO2 in the bag
over time.

You cant kill yourself by putting your head in a gas
oven like you used to be able to do with town gas
because it had a high level of CO and that kills you
like the car exhaust used to do before the advent
of catalytic converters that stop that now.

I'm pretty sure you can in the same
why you'd kill yourself with helium.

Yes, but that's now how town gas was used to suicide.

they did not change the gas suply to
all house in order to reduce suicides,

No one said they did.

But they did limit the sales of pills like asprin and
paracetomol to reduce both the number of deaths
from the product and the number of 'accidents'.

And no one else did, so its unlikely to have had much effect.

Certainly no effect is visible in the stats.

Presumably because **** all ever succeeded in
killing themselves that way for various reasons.

they added something to make the gas
smell making leaks easier to detect.

Which is irrelevant if you choose to kill yourself that way.

Unless you really don't like the smell.

It didn't have any real effect on those
killing themselves with town gas.

10X that many choose drugs

Interesting that I couldn't find much in the way
of the detail on exactly what drugs they did use.

That;s true although most don;t chose herion to comite
suicide by, but that may well end up killing them.
I DO NOT believe peaches geldof attempted suicide.

They are first when it comes to thinhgs you can avoid,

That wasn't what you said originally.

What I said was they won;lt allow you to buy large
quanaties of asprin and this was because of suicides.

That isnt what is still at the top of the quoting.

Basically it was because peole were both dying and gettign
seriously ill from taking too many asprin and/or paracetomol.

How odd that no other country saw that.

One way to reduce the likelihood of such events is to
reduce the availibility of the products to hand at the time.

But it doesn't do that. All you have
to do is visit more than one shop.

How do you suffocate yourself to death ?

Those bags those into euthanasia have been into for a long
time now. You put it over your head and its got a thing that
goes around your neck to get a decent seal there.

can you show a link to an incident where this actually happene din
the UK and where yuo can buy such things. I'd like a pack of 10 ;-)

There is nothing special about them, just a bag large enough
and something to wrap around the neck, a strip of cloth is fine
and so is packing tape or a large zip tie or some string.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_bag

I wonder how many people
used them, few I'd have thought

Yes, but that's mainly because most don't know about that method.

and they are illegal to buy.

No they aren't, you are free to buy bags big
enough for that and the other stuff everyone has.

The FACT is that the reason you can't buy jars of 100
asprin is because of suicides and accidental overdoses.

Even that is a very dubious proposition given that there are very
few countrys that ban the sale of that many aspirins at one time.

Ask the medical profession in the UK about sales in the UK.

No point, no one disputed that they are banned there.

But the reason(s) is apparently.

Nope.

What is being discussed is whether it makes any sense to ban them.

well that would depend on how effective the ban has been.

And it obviously hasn't been when there has been no effect
on the number of successful or unsuccessful suicides.

Or even on the number of those who damage
themselves by taking too many aspirins either.

No other country is that stupid.

Or clever.

Nothing clever about it when there is no effect on the stats.

There's no ban on me buying too much rope or a ban on buying
too many pillows in argos in case I try to suffocate myslef.
There's no ban on knif buying( other than age restrictions)

Because those bans just arent practical.

Exactly it's pretty easy to tell companies that they
can;t sell bottles of 100 asprin/paracetomol.

And that is pointless because its trivial to buy 5 packs of 20 instead.

Not as trival as it was, I couldn't buy 3 in the same shop.

Completely trivial to go to more than one shop.

There is a ban on what used to be
used to kill yourself with drugs wise.

Laudanum ?

Nope, barbiturates etc.

So barbiturates can't be brought
is that what you're saying. ?

Nope.

There is also a ban on poisons like cyanide that used
to be used for suicide most obviously by the nazis too.

It's because it's leathal and has little use that for the general
public.

Duh.

Why would cyanide be brought ?

Pest control.

I'll tell you peole like smoking and cyanide exists in commercially
availble cigs you can buy a quite a number of shops. I DO NOT know
of anyone that has brought them with the aim to commite suicide.

Because they are useless for killing yourself with.

The Nazis did but hopefully they are few and far between.
cyanide is NOT availble easily by the general public, so
it's vberyu unlikely you#ll find suffecint quantaties in teh
average home that you can 'take' in order to kill yourself.

Duh.

Essentially because there is no real downside to those bans.

There's little downside to not being able to buy 100 paracetomol , but
I was stoped from buying 3 packets of headache pills in the supermarket.

I wasn't.

Lucky/unlukey you, most people are if
they go to a reputable outlet in the UK.

Their problem.

The ban on aspirins is completely silly,

It's NOT a ban on Asprins any more than a
70MPH speed limit is a ban on driving.

you cant kill yourself with too many aspirins

you can.

DO yy know about teh LD50 where 50% of teh population will die
from taking more than 1mg of pacetomol per 1Kg of body wieght.

Paracetamol is not aspirin.

if you are that clever you should know that ;-

Aspirin alone has been linked to numerous adverse side
effects, including but not limited to: kidney failure, liver
failure, ulcers, hearing loss and hemorrhagic stroke.

Irrelevant to whether anyone trys to kill themselves that way.

A study conducted on the elderly in 2000 showed
them to be even more at risk to being heavily affected,
the study concluded that even when only taking an
undersized 75mg/day dose significant changes were
noted in their renal (kidney) functionality.

Irrelevant to whether anyone trys to kill themselves that way.

The impact is not limited to the elderly however, as another
study conducted in 2009 found 80% of individuals (previously
qualified as perfectly healthy) experienced small intestinal
toxicity, after just 14 days of low-dosage aspirin use.

Irrelevant to whether anyone trys to kill themselves that way.

ASprin can do you serious damage.

Irrelevant to whether anyone trys to kill themselves that way.

Yes it is, but by that tome most have 'calmed'
down or changed their mind in that time,

You don't know that.

I do .

You don't.

thats the whole point.

No other country agrees on that.

So what.

So its unlikely to be useful, otherwise others would have noticed.

Aquiring asuffecient quantity and having to talk to people
has the effect of calming or re-analising the situation.

Bull****.

What do you think councilers do.

Nothing useful.

They've even painted yellow lines on teh underground station platforms,
this is because peole are stupid and they NEED to go given limits,
but those lines don;t stop anyone from commiting suicide there
aim is to educate the stupid and make them THINK, also make
them THINK accident can happen and if you're balancing on
the edge of a cliff or station you can fall or be pushed.

Nothing to do with suicide.

exactly but yellow lines can help stop accidents.

Irrelevant to what we are discussing, suicide.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
whisky-dave wrote

50 wouldn;t there is a formulae 1.7g per 1KG body
wieght 50% of peole would be killed is the estimate.

Which is nothing like 50 pills. Try 1K for a 60Kg person.

It doesn;t take 1k to give you organ damage.
That can happen with less than a dozen.

And yet even Britain hasn't made it prescription only for that reason.

http://www.health.harvard.edu/health...-aspirin-a-day

"If taking aspirin were without side-effects and completely risk free, it
might make sense for everyone with heart disease, or just worried about
it, to take it. But aspirin does have risks. Reducing blood's clotting
potential
can lead to hemorrhagic stroke (bleeding inside the brain). In the
stomach,
aspirin can cause everything from a feeling of mild heartburn to bleeding
ulcers. Severe gastrointestinal bleeding can be deadly."

And yet it is now the standard protocol for those with heart disease.

Don't take aspirin just because you've heard
it can help prevent a heart attack or stroke.

I do take it because I know that it does help prevent both.

It can,

It does.

but it can also do some damage.

The risk of that is much lower than of having another heart attack etc.

There's no exact tipping point at which it
makes sense to start taking an aspirin a day.

Wrong. The tipping point is having had a heart attack.

If you are healthy, haven't been diagnosed with heart
disease or other cardiovascular disease, and don't have
risk factors for them, aspirin probably isn't for you.

How odd that so many who are medically
qualified choose to take it in that situation.

You'll reap little benefit while exposing yourself
to side effects you'd rather stay away from.

You're wrong.

Those that attempt it with asprin/paracetomol aren't in their right
mind.

Or are just pig ignorant.

Like yourself ?

Nope, like you.

Or do you think that those that go to switzerland for euthanasia
are stupid because they could just go to a supermarket and buy
a couple of 100 pills for a fraction of the air fare ?

That wont kill them with aspirin.

or they know that it's unrealible and painful.

Or they know nothing of the kind.

Why don't they buy a suicide bag ?

Because they don't know about it, don't like the idea and
would prefer to go there where they can get something
they can just drink that will kill them very reliably and can
afford to do that and are physically capable of doing that.

Because that IS a fact. about 35p for 16 pills of 300mg.

Which wont kill you with aspirin.

Unlikily is the fact here, which is why they
don't mind people buying boxes of 16.

Everywhere else doesn't mind if you buy 100 either.

Many of them are, most obviously with euthanasia.

I believe those ARE thinking straight.

Pity about your original that you have carefully deleted from the
quoting.

then put it back in.

No thanks, too much farting around.

For most it's a cry for help

Which aint suicide, stupid.

How can you tell the differnce ?

Rather obvious when they make sure someone knows about
the purported attempt who can stop the purported attempt.

Dont; forget that limiting the number of pills is
to reduce the number of deaths from those pills.

But there is no evidence that the ban did reduce suicides.

it was with my flatmat which is why she phoned her friend
after taking the pills saying where she was but don;t come
to help her as she'd taken a bottle of pills to kill herself.

So it wasn't suicide, stupid.

OK stupid what would have happened if she'd had
100 left in trhe jar rather than the dozen or so she had.

Nothing special given that they would
have stomach pumped the stupid cow.

I doubt you even know that it's mostly women that choose a pill and
that men prefer high buildings for such things generally speaking.

You're wrong and even someone as stupid as you should be able
to use groups.google and see that I have pointed that out in the past.

You just don;t phone a friend with a car that lives 10mins away
and tell them where you are if you truely want to kill yourself.

So it wasn't suicide, stupid.

NO it wan;t stupid, because she remained alive.

Completely stupid because she is better off dead.

Not being able to aquire more than the dozen or so
pills meant she had to leave her house, but as it was
11pm she wandered the streets of north london.

Where with any luck she would have been run over.

If she'd had 100 pills she would have taken them

You don't know that.

but I don;t she'd have made it out the house.

More fool you.

It's not the 1st tiome she's 'attrempted suicide' that was the 3rd
each time she has contacted someone for help BEFORE dying. !!!

She was never going to die.

Then there's still the 'accidental' overdose

I don't believe that happens much with aspirin
in the sort of quantity that produces liver failure.

Actually I think it's kidney failure, but they do want people
that taking just one a day can cause stomuch ulcers, so not
sure what effect taking a 100 in a few minutes might do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspirin_poisoning#Severity

Yep see.. you can kill yourself with asprin but it's not easy as most
think.

Try taking 1K pills sometime and see if you can manage to do that.

And see if you can keep them down too.

or the help me overdoes,

If you're taking other medicines and asprin you might
exceed a safe limit which is about 4g per day.

But the limit on how many you can buy will have no effect on that.

At least you've got that right, so if yuo're taking another drug
even say night nurse you need/should to be aware of what's in it.

Irrelevant to what we are discussing, suicide.

You do realise that you can even be killed by drinking too much water.

But there is no limit on how much of that you can buy at a time.

No there isn;t as few if any people buy water in order to commite suicide

Just as true of aspirin.

so that's why there wouldn't be much point in limiting sales of it.

Just as true of aspirin.

You can do that with spirits too, and there is no limit on
how much of that you can buy at a time in a bottle either.

Most know the effects of such things,

Pigs arse they do with spirits.

they certainly take such thimgs for fun and depression
but I've yet to hear anyone say I want to commit suicide
think I'll buy a crate of gin/vodka.......

Just as true of aspirin.

I had a flatmate (before she lived with me) who took about

15 paracetomols to kill herself because she was despressed.

She failed.

Sure, paracetamol can certainly kill you.

People think all headache pills can kill

I doubt too many think that about aspirin.

Perhaps that's the problem.

Nope.

They get a headache take a dozen asprin the
headache remains they take another dozen....
The more you have the more you can take.

How odd that that only happens in Britain.

If it were a 100 or 200 jar she might have done
her self some serioius harm but not death.

I just don't believe that many would buy 100 or 200 jars of
paracetamol.

You don't need to buy them they just
need to be at hand at the 'right time'.

They wouldn't be on hand at the right time unless you buy them.

My father used to buy Asprin in bottles of 200
from boots. it was he how forst told me about it.
He used to take 1 a day and only ever brought the boots ones.

And didn't ever try to kill himself that way even
when he had noticed what he had spawned.

That last was done for other reasons, to make
it harder for kids to take them accidentally.

So was putting child proof caps on bottles,

Those are much more of a problem for those with arthritis etc.

Didn't stop the child proof tops being impletmeted did it ?

They mostly did get replaced by the blister packs.

You wont find much that can kill you unreliably there either.

Yes you will.

Bull****.

Most at at least contain scissors you can
certainly do some damaged with scissors.

Very few have ever killed themselves that way.

Same with kitchen implements.

or for you to go and find your inert gas,

Its completely trivial to do that, any place flogging party balloons.

Just the sort of place you'll go to when suffering depretion a 'party'
and anyway there's moves to stop those helium ballon sellers,

Not by anyone that matters.

Whether or not it matters to you

Never said a word about me.

is irrelivant but I still don't believe they'll be
lots of potential suicides from helium ballons.

Doesn't matter what you believe.

I don;t believe the 13 year old girl was breathing
in helium in order to commite suicide.

Corse she wasn't.

why do you think that is, because NASA
was affraid of teh competition ?

Because its obviously possible to kill yourself accidentally,
particularly given that helium has an interesting effect on
your voice.

But the above case was the first or one of the 1st in the UK.
Lots of people have breathed in helium and not died.

Because it isnt easy to kill yourself accidentally that way.

you can stop such accidents by baning these ballons
or requiring a license to sell them with helium.

That wouldn't stop someone from breathing it out of the balloon.

Breathing helium out of a ballon doesn;t always cause death.

Duh.

Which is what they plan to do.

Bet they don't, because there is no viable alternative for balloons.

I don;t believe that helium party ballons are crucial to the human race,

Corse not, but they are still desirable enough that they wont
be banned just because some choose to use it to suicide,
particularly when there are plenty of obvious alternative
inert gases that can be used to suicide with like natural
gas which is in fact already in so many homes.

and what they'll do is license the organisers of such events.

Taint gunna happen, you watch.

and now think about the averaae person in the UK. I bet
half wouldn't know what an inert gas was let alone find it.

Sure, but that's just as true of what will kill
you reliably in the medicine cabinet too or
even the cupboard under the sink or the shed.

Yes which is why they choose such things
rather than helium, far esieir to aquire.

Its actually due to ignorance, not the ease.

Your ignorance.

We'll see...

There are far far easier and more relible
ways of killing yourself than a party ballon

You are wrong, as always.

The main exception is rope.

the expression give someone enough rope
and they'll hang themselves comes to mind.

and then there's cost.

It doesn't cost enough to matter.

What doesn;t cost enough ?

Helium.

So why don't we see more deaths or suicides
from helium iof it's a cheap suicide method ?

Few who want to kill themselves bother to research that.

Most people that think of killing themselves do it on the spot and
use
whatever is to hand they don;t normally go out and purchase items.

I actually know more than that who have chosen to
get what they need to kill themselves reliably if they
ever decide that they want to do that and all of those
have done that by going out and purchasing items.

So what did they buy.

All of the obvious alternatives, suicide
bags, barbiturates, nembutal, helium.

yeah sure, you might believe it I don't,

Your problem.

unless you can show some real evidence.

The evidence is what they chose to get so they could
use it if they decided they wanted to kill themselves.

The one that has killed himself successfully used a rope.

How much rope ?, would he have used rope
if it were only sold in 1 inch lenghts ?

That's never going to happen.

If he couldn;t have brought the rope

He always could because even Britain wouldn't
actually be stupid enough to have a ban like that.

These people aren't normally in their 'right mind' at the time.

Sure, those spontaneous ones, but there are plenty
of others that are, most obviously with euthanasia.

Which is also illegal in the UK.

Not if you do it to yourself.

Then it's not euthanasia is it.

Corse it is.

if you kill yourself it's suicide if it's a friend or partner or
medical professional does it at your request it's euthanasia.

You're wrong.

euthanasia and sucide ARE differnt even if
teh end result is the same. i.e a corpse.

Wrong.

Look it up.
http://www.differencebetween.info/di...and-euthanasia

Just because some fool claims something...

"Key difference: Suicide is the act of intentionally
taking one's own life. Euthanasia is the practice of
intentionally ending somebody's life in order to
relieve pain and suffering."

And that somebody can be yourself, stupid.

Much more effective to get some helium
that's used for party balloons and use that.

It's not that effective and unlikely to kill you.

Its completely effective and always kills you
when you ensure that that is all you breath.

Which isn't that easy to do,

Bull****. Its completely trivial with a bag over your head.

But those selling party ballons don't put a
bag over cyour head tpo stop you breathing.

Even someone as stupid as you should be
able to work out how to get a bag that big.

Even you'd be able to manage that.

I wouldn't be stupid enough to try.
perhaps yuo should try it.

which is one you can count on one hand the
number of peole that have died in such a way.

Bull****.

then show me all these instances of
people killing themselves by helium .

You made the claim.

You get to do the showing.

That's how it works.

"It's illegal to encourage suicide in the UK, but one
91-year-old US woman ran a business selling "helium
hoods" online, sending butterfly adorned boxes out
across the world before the FBI shut her down. Isaac
warns that, even with helium, there are complications:
"From my own research, helium was readily available
and you can do it yourself. However, there have been
reports of people who have tried it and just woken up
with a really bad headache - they tore the hood off
when they were in a state of semi-consciousness,
because their body was trying to fight for life."

There have been reports of people trying to
hang themselves and failing to do that too.

They don't do that because they can buy it at home.

you can buy a knife almost anywhere,
why travel or order from mexico ?

Because those who do that prefer to drink
something fatal than to fail at slashing
their wrists or stabbing themselves.

Two years ago you could by dehydrated water on the net.

Its easy to test whether what you bought is nembutal.

Why would you want to test it ?

To check if you got what you ordered.

Do you normaly buy such things from an untrusted source ?

When it isnt possible to buy it from a trusted source.

Bull****. It's a very unreliable way of killing yourself.

Because **** all know about using helium to kill yourself.

Another obvious approach is a heroin overdose,

heroin is illegal which could be a problem.

Nope, vast numbers use it every day.

But not to commide suicide,

Irrelevant to your claim about a problem.

Very relivent

Bull****.

as banning heroin is unlikley to change the suicide stats.

Duh.

that is NOT how peaches geldof died.

Irrelevant how that silly cow died.

It's very relivent if you want to know the actual cause of death

I couldn't care less how that stupid cow died.

but that's more risky because you can't be sure
it's the usual strength and so you can't be sure you
will kill yourself with say 10 times the normal dose.

you can be sold anyhting and if it is wrong it can kill you.

A friend of mine changed his speed dealer, he injected it,
but didn;t know the new dealwer cut it with clucose rather
than anadin and he was rushed to hospital as his arm
swelled up. He was no taking speed to kill himself.

Irrelevant to those who do.

Again I don;t know anyone that has taken speed
in order to kill themselves as a delibrate act. Speed
is a drug that can help you stay awake not 'fall asleep.

So there is no point in mindlessly rabbiting
on about it when suicide is being discussed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 9 October 2014 22:42:52 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
whisky-dave wrote

I'm not convinced that that would kill you

50 wouldn;t there is a formulae 1.7g per 1KG body wieght 50% of peole
would be killed is the estimate.

Which is nothing like 50 pills. Try 1K for a 60Kg person.

Like I said 50 might not kill you but can cause damage and most likely to cause organ damage.

and that is a completely separate matter to your claim I
commented on, whether most who suicide aren't thinking straight.

Those that attempt it with asprin/paracetomol aren't in their right mind.

Or are just pig ignorant.

either way the result is the same.

Or do you think that those that go to switzerland for euthanasia
are stupid because they could just go to a supermarket and buy
a couple of 100 pills for a fraction of the air fare ?

That wont kill them with aspirin.

http://www.naturalnews.com/027548_sw...eath_risk.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspirin_poisoning

http://adjusthealth.info/index.php?o...=24&Itemid=189

It can be done if you take enough depending on the individual and whether or not they've taken anything else.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...racetamol.html

Because that IS a fact. about 35p for 16 pills of 300mg.

Which wont kill you with aspirin.

It can.

we have speed restrictions on roads,

So does the US and almost everywhere else.

And they do that because speed doesn't do any damage is that it.
Why don't you explin why we have speed limits .

and the FACT that those people that do attempt to
kill themselves by that method fail but end up with
some such disability as liver failer and need treatment.

I just don't believe that many actually attempt
to kill themselves using lots of aspirins.

Well you're wrong

Nope.

ask the medical profession.

They wouldn't know.

So the professional's dont; know but you do is that it.

For most it's a cry for help

Which aint suicide, stupid.

It's not suicide if they survive well done.

Did you know it's also not murder if the victim survives they call it attempted murder.

it was with my flatmat which is why she phoned her friend
after taking the pills saying where she was but don;t come
to help her as she'd taken a bottle of pills to kill herself.

So it wasn't suicide, stupid.

Well done stupid, I never said my flatmat commided suicide did I stupid.

You just don;t phone a friend with a car that lives 10mins away
and tell them where you are if you truely want to kill yourself.

So it wasn't suicide, stupid.

Yes I know stupid.
Where did I say she commited suicide stupid. ?

Then there's still the 'accidental' overdose

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspirin_poisoning#Severity

If you're taking other medicines and asprin you might

exceed a safe limit which is about 4g per day.

But the limit on how many you can buy will have no effect on that.

But if you can buy large quantities it will be easier to take more than 4g per day. A pack of 16 (pretty much the maxium pack size sold in the UK) is 4.8g, then you have to go out and buy more.
Buy a bottle of 100 and you get 30g. Why not buy a few bottles 3 for teh price of 2.

You do realise that you can even be killed by drinking too much water.

But there is no limit on how much of that you can buy at a time.

Why would there be if no ones ever treid to drink water in order to commit suicide.

You can do that with spirits too, and there is no limit on
how much of that you can buy at a time in a bottle either.

But thre's an age limit.
Why if it's no more dangerous than cola.

People think all headache pills can kill

I doubt too many think that about aspirin.

They don't need to they just have to be availble when required.

and they can, depending on quantity.

Its just not feasible to take 1K aspirins.

You don't need to take that many can be as few as 25 for kids.

I just don't believe that many would buy 100 or 200 jars of paracetamol.

You don't need to buy them they just need to be at hand at the 'right
time'.

They wouldn't be on hand at the right time unless you buy them.

The 15 pills my friend took were not hers, she lived in a house of 5 unrelated people. With kids it's usually the parents that buy bteh pills.

So was putting child proof caps on bottles,

Those are much more of a problem for those with arthritis etc.

Doesn't stop them being made does it.

Just the sort of place you'll go to when suffering depretion a 'party'

and anyway there's moves to stop those helium ballon sellers,

Not by anyone that matters.

We'll see.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...schoolboy.html

Because its obviously possible to kill yourself accidentally,

So there must be a way of reducing such accidents.

particularly given that helium has an interesting effect on
your voice.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-11810372

He did not try to commit suicide, he was killed in an accident,

It was a she.

Sorry I was thinking of the suicide, which was a he.

you can stop such accidents by baning these ballons
or requiring a license to sell them with helium.

That wouldn't stop someone from breathing it out of the balloon.

That is not the aim is it, but then agin fining peole for driving above 100MPH doesn;t stop them either does it. ?
So why both having speed limits ?

Which is what they plan to do.

Bet they don't, because there is no viable alternative for balloons.

tough **** there's was no availble alternative to hydrogen for the zepplins..
The world will function quite well without helium party balloons, in fact it'd probbaly be better for teh world, if helium is as poisonous as you suggest.

and then there's cost.

It doesn't cost enough to matter.

What doesn;t cost enough ?

Helium.

Suprised terrorists don't use it tehn if it's as dangerous as you say.

Most people that think of killing themselves do it on the spot and use
whatever is to hand they don;t normally go out and purchase items.

You don't know that.

I do, it's not the first time I've discussed this. I've known
3 people who have attempted to kill themselves. One
ended up in goodmayes psychiatric hospital.

The technical term for that is 'pathetically inadequate sample'

Then read the websites about it.

Been there, done that.

and failed.

I actually know more than that who have chosen to
get what they need to kill themselves reliably if they
ever decide that they want to do that and all of those
have done that by going out and purchasing items.

So what did they buy.

All of the obvious alternatives, suicide bags, barbiturates,
nembutal, helium.

No.
http://lostallhope.com/suicide-stati...ethods-suicide

under 2% for gases.

The one that has killed himself successfully used a rope.

How much rope ?, would he have used rope

if it were only sold in 1 inch lenghts ?

That's never going to happen.

Doesn't matter if teh rope wasn;t availble he wouldn;t have been able to use it to commide suicide.

These people aren't normally in their 'right mind' at the time.

Sure, those spontaneous ones, but there are plenty

of others that are, most obviously with euthanasia.

Which is also illegal in the UK.

Not if you do it to yourself.

Then it's not euthanasia is it.

Corse it is.

euthanasia and sucide ARE differnt even if
teh end result is the same. i.e a corpse.

Wrong.

You're wrong. You don;t even know the differnce between the two terms.

Much more effective to get some helium
that's used for party balloons and use that.

It's not that effective and unlikely to kill you.

Its completely effective and always kills you
when you ensure that that is all you breath.

Which isn't that easy to do,

Bull****. Its completely trivial with a bag over your head.

putting a bag over yuor head doesn;t kill you.

Even you'd be able to manage that.

it's still doesn't kill you.

What kills you is lack of oxygen so why do you feel the need to buy helium to kill yuorself ?

which is one you can count on one hand the
number of people that have died in such a way.

Bull****.

Then prove it, list the number of people that have commited suicide by helium,
I bet (UK) I can count them on one hand.

The other obvious approach is nembutal,
trivially available in the third world over
the counter in places like Mexico.

A doubt many thinking of suicide would
think of buying a ticket to mexico.

Plenty have done that.

them list them.

yeah sure, it's quite comoon for people
going to mexico to buy paracetomol.
I must do it next time I need a packet.

They don't do that because they can buy it at home.

Sure they can, they have to don;load a special browser, to go to what is otherwise an illigel site which sells drugs illegally.

Doesn;t that give you a clue, in that if something isn't availble easily it's less likely to be used, do you fail to understand such a simple concept.
Do you know why more people in america are killed by guns than in the UK per heap of population.

It also cost about $120 g and typically need 10g or more to make sure.

Two years ago you could by dehydrated water on the net.

Its easy to test whether what you bought is nembutal.

I would hope it would be labeled as such, but why can't you get it from a UK store ?

There's even been a far better suggestion in this NG, but
make sure you have the £20 on you before you do it.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BjIKPAmCcAA31T3.jpg

That approach is very unreliable.

Not as unrelible as other methods,

Bull****.

Lots of people died from electric shock every year.

http://www.electricalsafetyfirst.org...ch/statistics/

plenty of people die from electricution.

**** all do in fact.

lots to do with it, as it's one way to kill yourself.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
whisky-dave wrote

I'm not convinced that that would kill you

50 wouldn;t there is a formulae 1.7g per 1KG body
wieght 50% of peole would be killed is the estimate.

Which is nothing like 50 pills. Try 1K for a 60Kg person.

Like I said 50 might not kill you

Definitely wont with aspirin.

but can cause damage and most likely to cause organ damage.

Unlikely.

and that is a completely separate matter to your claim I commented
on, whether most who suicide aren't thinking straight.

Those that attempt it with asprin/paracetomol aren't in their right
mind.

Or are just pig ignorant.

either way the result is the same.

Irrelevant to that claim of yours I commented on.

Or do you think that those that go to switzerland for euthanasia
are stupid because they could just go to a supermarket and buy
a couple of 100 pills for a fraction of the air fare ?

That wont kill them with aspirin.

http://www.naturalnews.com/027548_sw...eath_risk.html

That doesn't say that 100 aspirin pills will kill you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspirin_poisoning

That says that 100 aspirin pills wont kill you.

http://adjusthealth.info/index.php?o...=24&Itemid=189

That doesn't say that 100 aspirin pills will kill you.

It can be done if you take enough depending on the
individual and whether or not they've taken anything else.

Bull**** with aspirin. You just cant take enough or keep them down to do
that.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...racetamol.html

Paracetamol aint aspirin, stupid.

Because that IS a fact. about 35p for 16 pills of 300mg.

Which wont kill you with aspirin.

It can.

Only if you choke on them. You can do that with 5, stupid.

we have speed restrictions on roads,

So does the US and almost everywhere else.

And they do that because speed doesn't do any damage is that it.

Nope.

Why don't you explin why we have speed limits .

It isnt relevant to why only Britain has been stupid enough
to ban the sales of more than 100 aspirins at a time.

and the FACT that those people that do attempt to
kill themselves by that method fail but end up with
some such disability as liver failer and need treatment.

I just don't believe that many actually attempt
to kill themselves using lots of aspirins.

Well you're wrong

Nope.

ask the medical profession.

They wouldn't know.

So the professional's dont; know

Never said that.

but you do is that it.

Nope.

For most it's a cry for help

Which aint suicide, stupid.

It's not suicide if they survive well done.

It aint suicide if they ring someone up who can do
something to stop them killing themselves, stupid.

Did you know it's also not murder if the
victim survives they call it attempted murder.

If you can't manage anything better than this sort of
pathetic **** I will be pulling the plug on the rest of
your pathetic ****.

We were discussing suicide, ****wit.

You just don;t phone a friend with a car that lives 10mins away
and tell them where you are if you truely want to kill yourself.

So it wasn't suicide, stupid.

Yes I know stupid.
Where did I say she commited suicide stupid. ?

We were discussing suicide, ****wit.

Then there's still the 'accidental' overdose

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspirin_poisoning#Severity

If you're taking other medicines and asprin you might

exceed a safe limit which is about 4g per day.

But the limit on how many you can buy will have no effect on that.

But if you can buy large quantities it will be easier to take more than 4g
per day.

You can buy 100 aspirins at a time legally, stupid.

A pack of 16 (pretty much the maxium pack size sold in the UK)

But you are welcome to buy 6 of those at a time even in Britain, stupid.

is 4.8g, then you have to go out and buy more.

Nope, you are welcome to buy 6 of those packs at the same time.

Buy a bottle of 100

Which is perfectly legal in Britain. And you can buy 6 packs of 16 too.

and you get 30g. Why not buy a few bottles 3 for teh price of 2.

Because they are likely to have passed their useby
date by the time you have used them, stupid.

You do realise that you can even be killed by drinking too much water.

But there is no limit on how much of that you can buy at a time.

Why would there be if no ones ever treid
to drink water in order to commit suicide.

There have actually been a few that stupid.

You can do that with spirits too, and there is no limit on
how much of that you can buy at a time in a bottle either.

But thre's an age limit.

Irrelevant to what can kill you.

Why if it's no more dangerous than cola.

No one ever said that its no more dangerous than cola.

People think all headache pills can kill

I doubt too many think that about aspirin.

They don't need to they just have to be availble when required.

They wont be trying to kill themselves with aspirins
if they don't think that will kill them, stupid.

and they can, depending on quantity.

Its just not feasible to take 1K aspirins.

You don't need to take that many can be as few as 25 for kids.

How odd that its perfectly legal to buy 6 packs of 16 even in Britain.

I just don't believe that many would buy 100 or 200 jars of
paracetamol.

You don't need to buy them they just need to be at hand at the 'right
time'.

They wouldn't be on hand at the right time unless you buy them.

The 15 pills my friend took were not hers, she lived in a house of 5
unrelated people.

You can't kill yourself with the 100 aspirins that they could have bought at
once.

With kids it's usually the parents that buy bteh pills.

And they are welcome to buy 6 packs of 16 aspirins if they want to.

Just the sort of place you'll go to when suffering depretion a 'party'
and anyway there's moves to stop those helium ballon sellers,

Not by anyone that matters.

We'll see.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...schoolboy.html

That wasn't a call to stop those helium balloon sellers.

Because its obviously possible to kill yourself accidentally,

So there must be a way of reducing such accidents.

There isnt if you want to still have party balloons.

particularly given that helium has an interesting effect on your voice.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-11810372

He did not try to commit suicide, he was killed in an accident,

It was a she.

Sorry I was thinking of the suicide, which was a he.

And that article points out that quite a few do choose to
use helium to suicide, in spite of your claim that few do.

you can stop such accidents by baning these ballons
or requiring a license to sell them with helium.

That wouldn't stop someone from breathing it out of the balloon.

That is not the aim is it,

Corse it is with that accidental death.

but then agin fining peole for driving above 100MPH doesn;t
stop them either does it. ? So why both having speed limits ?

Because fining people for exceeding the speed limit
does see quite a few stay below the speed limit, stupid.

Which is what they plan to do.

Bet they don't, because there is no viable alternative for balloons.

tough **** there's was no availble alternative to hydrogen for the
zepplins.
The world will function quite well without helium party balloons,

Just as true of all sort of things we arent actually stupid enough
to ban just because they might be used to kill yourself.

in fact it'd probbaly be better for teh world,
if helium is as poisonous as you suggest.

I never ever said that its poisonous at all.

The reason it is used to suicide with is because its
the second most readily available to the general
public INERT gas that works fine to suppress the
suffocation reflex you get with suicide bags.

and then there's cost.

It doesn't cost enough to matter.

What doesn;t cost enough ?

Helium.

Suprised terrorists don't use it tehn
if it's as dangerous as you say.

I never said its dangerous.

Even someone as stupid as you should have
noticed that its no use to terrorists at all.

Most people that think of killing themselves do it on the spot and
use
whatever is to hand they don;t normally go out and purchase items.

You don't know that.

I do, it's not the first time I've discussed this. I've known
3 people who have attempted to kill themselves. One
ended up in goodmayes psychiatric hospital.

The technical term for that is 'pathetically inadequate sample'

Then read the websites about it.

Been there, done that.

and failed.

You're lying thru you teeth as you always do when you
have got done like a ****ing dinner, as you always are.

I actually know more than that who have chosen to
get what they need to kill themselves reliably if they
ever decide that they want to do that and all of those
have done that by going out and purchasing items.

So what did they buy.

All of the obvious alternatives, suicide
bags, barbiturates, nembutal, helium.

No.

Yep.

http://lostallhope.com/suicide-stati...ethods-suicide

under 2% for gases.

The helium suicides are included in the suffocation at the top, 51%

The one that has killed himself successfully used a rope.

How much rope ?, would he have used rope

if it were only sold in 1 inch lenghts ?

That's never going to happen.

Doesn't matter

Corse it does.

if teh rope wasn;t availble

It always will be.

he wouldn;t have been able to use it to commide suicide.

These people aren't normally in their 'right mind' at the time.

Sure, those spontaneous ones, but there are plenty
of others that are, most obviously with euthanasia.

Which is also illegal in the UK.

Not if you do it to yourself.

Then it's not euthanasia is it.

Corse it is.

euthanasia and sucide ARE differnt even if
teh end result is the same. i.e a corpse.

Wrong.

You're wrong.

Nope.

You don;t even know the differnce between the two terms.

They aren't mutually exclusive.

Its still euthanasia if you do it to yourself.

Much more effective to get some helium
that's used for party balloons and use that.

It's not that effective and unlikely to kill you.

Its completely effective and always kills you
when you ensure that that is all you breath.

Which isn't that easy to do,

Bull****. Its completely trivial with a bag over your head.

putting a bag over yuor head doesn;t kill you.

It does if you use an airtight bag and
get a decent seal around your neck.

Even you'd be able to manage that.

it's still doesn't kill you.

It does if you use an airtight bag and
get a decent seal around your neck.

What kills you is lack of oxygen so why do you
feel the need to buy helium to kill yuorself ?

Because any inert gas avoids the suffocation reflex
you get if there ends up with just CO2 in the bag.

which is one you can count on one hand the
number of people that have died in such a way.

Bull****.

Then prove it,

You just did with
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...schoolboy.html

list the number of people that have commited suicide by helium,

I haven't noticed any list of those.

I bet (UK) I can count them on one hand.

You've just lost that bet with
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...schoolboy.html
alone.

Go and **** yourself.

yeah sure, it's quite comoon for people
going to mexico to buy paracetomol.
I must do it next time I need a packet.

They don't do that because they can buy it at home.

Sure they can, they have to don;load a special browser,

Bull****.

to go to what is otherwise an illigel site

Bull****.

which sells drugs illegally.

Doesn;t that give you a clue, in that if something
isn't availble easily it's less likely to be used,

Pity about all that other stuff that will always be available easily.

do you fail to understand such a simple concept.

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

Do you know why more people in america are killed
by guns than in the UK per heap of population.

Even someone as stupid as you should be able to work that out.

It also cost about $120 g

Bull**** it does.

and typically need 10g or more to make sure.

Two years ago you could by dehydrated water on the net.

Its easy to test whether what you bought is nembutal.

I would hope it would be labeled as such,

Doesn't mean it is what its labelled as in a third world country, stupid.

but why can't you get it from a UK store ?

Because its too easy to use to kill yourself.

**** all kill themselves that way deliberately.

http://www.electricalsafetyfirst.org...ch/statistics/

28 is **** all.

plenty of people die from electricution.

**** all do in fact.

lots to do with it, as it's one way to kill yourself.

**** all are that stupid.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 13 October 2014 21:39:23 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
whisky-dave wrote

Rod Speed wrote

whisky-dave wrote

Like I said 50 might not kill you

Definitely wont with aspirin.

it will a child.

but can cause damage and most likely to cause organ damage.

Unlikely.

Very likely ask someone that knows.

That doesn't say that 100 aspirin pills will kill you.

http://www.wddty.com/aspirin-it-kill...very-year.html

Common over-the-counter painkillers such as aspirin kill around 20,000 Americans every year, and another 100,000 end up in hospital as a result of taking the drug, new research reveals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspirin_poisoning

That says that 100 aspirin pills wont kill you.

Why would it.
It doesn;t say a car will kill you, or water, or herion or alcohol

alcohol can kill but no one can tell you excactly how much will kill you.
it's the same with most things, the problem you'r having is that you're too stupid to realise this simple fact.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...racetamol.html

Paracetamol aint aspirin, stupid.

The same law applies in the UK in regard to buying in quantity.

it was with my flatmat which is why she phoned her friend

Then there's still the 'accidental' overdose

But if you can buy large quantities it will be easier to take more than 4g

per day.

You can buy 100 aspirins at a time legally, stupid.

You can buy cars guns, herion, knives and all sorts of things.

A pack of 16 (pretty much the maxium pack size sold in the UK)

But you are welcome to buy 6 of those at a time even in Britain, stupid.

Not from the same outlet without presecription, from a responsible store.
But yet 10 year-olds can buy ciggerettes well done.

is 4.8g, then you have to go out and buy more.

Nope, you are welcome to buy 6 of those packs at the same time.

http://www.bupa.co.uk/individuals/he...er-painkillers

You can buy over-the-counter painkillers from a pharmacy, supermarket or other shops, such as a convenience store, without a prescription from your GP.. Certain types of over-the-counter painkillers, such as paracetamol, are limited to packets of up to 16 if you buy them in a shop without prescription. This is to help prevent people from accidentally taking too many. However, you can buy them from pharmacies in packs of up to 32 tablets.

Try buying 6 packs .....

You can do that with spirits too, and there is no limit on

how much of that you can buy at a time in a bottle either.

But thre's an age limit.

Irrelevant to what can kill you.

it's very relivant, are you saying you don;t know that....

We'll see.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...schoolboy.html

That wasn't a call to stop those helium balloon sellers.

Because its obviously possible to kill yourself accidentally,

So there must be a way of reducing such accidents.

There isnt if you want to still have party balloons.

particularly given that helium has an interesting effect on your voice..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-11810372

He did not try to commit suicide, he was killed in an accident,

It was a she.

Sorry I was thinking of the suicide, which was a he.

And that article points out that quite a few do choose to
use helium to suicide, in spite of your claim that few do.

quite a few 2% for all gases.

but then agin fining peole for driving above 100MPH doesn;t

stop them either does it. ? So why both having speed limits ?

Because fining people for exceeding the speed limit
does see quite a few stay below the speed limit, stupid.

well done so if you stop balloon sellers using helium .............

Just as true of all sort of things we arent actually stupid enough
to ban just because they might be used to kill yourself.

in fact it'd probbaly be better for teh world,
if helium is as poisonous as you suggest.

I never ever said that its poisonous at all.

So it can't kill you then can it.

The reason it is used to suicide with is because its
the second most readily available to the general
public INERT gas that works fine to suppress the
suffocation reflex you get with suicide bags.

but very few people die from helium .
But you could reduce that number by not allowing helium to
be used in party ballons.

Been there, done that.

and failed.

You're lying thru you teeth as you always do when you
have got done like a ****ing dinner, as you always are.

http://www.wddty.com/aspirin-it-kill...very-year.html
Aspirin: It kills 20,000 Americans every year

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...t_balloon.html

"Death by helium still seems to be quite rare. U.S. Poison Control Centers reported only two fatalities between 2000 and 2004."

now compare that to 20,0000 a year.

perhaps it's just americans that are stupid is that it.
you would certainly be a prime example if you think you can take 100 asprin or paracetomol wihtout risk.

Lots of people died from electric shock every year.

**** all kill themselves that way deliberately.

http://www.electricalsafetyfirst.org...ch/statistics/

28 is **** all.

2 deaths from helium between 2002 & 2004 wow what an amazing total.
in a country of about 300+ million.

plenty of people die from electricution.

**** all do in fact.

lots to do with it, as it's one way to kill yourself.

**** all are that stupid.

there's quite a number that are.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/ind...n_alleged.html

http://www.gloucestercitizen.co.uk/M...ail/story.html

http://www.itv.com/news/meridian/sto...ft-death-link/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
whisky-dave wrote

Like I said 50 might not kill you

Definitely wont with aspirin.

it will a child.

No child will munch on 50 aspirins and
its legal to sell 100 at a time anyway.

but can cause damage and most likely to cause organ damage.

Unlikely.

Very likely ask someone that knows.

Don't need to

Just some stupid journo ****ing up the basics, again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspirin_poisoning

That says that 100 aspirin pills wont kill you.

Why would it.

Because that article is about the effects of aspirin, stupid.

It doesn;t say a car will kill you, or water, or herion or alcohol

Because that article is about the effects of aspirin, stupid.

alcohol can kill but no one can tell you excactly how much will kill you.

Irrelevant to whether that article says that 100 aspirins wont kill you.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...racetamol.html

Paracetamol aint aspirin, stupid.

The same law applies in the UK in regard to buying in quantity.

And that is completely stupid given that 100 paracetamol can kill you.

A pack of 16 (pretty much the maxium pack size sold in the UK)

But you are welcome to buy 6 of those at a time even in Britain, stupid.

Not from the same outlet without presecription,

Wrong, as always.
http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp

is 4.8g, then you have to go out and buy more.

Nope, you are welcome to buy 6 of those packs at the same time.

http://www.bupa.co.uk/individuals/he...er-painkillers

You can buy over-the-counter painkillers from a pharmacy, supermarket or
other shops, such as a convenience store, without a prescription from your
GP. Certain types of over-the-counter painkillers, such as paracetamol,
are
limited to packets of up to 16 if you buy them in a shop without
prescription.

That mangles the real story.
http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp
http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp

This is to help prevent people from accidentally taking too many.
However, you can buy them from pharmacies in packs of up to 32 tablets.

Try buying 6 packs .....

Perfectly legal.
http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp

We'll see.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...schoolboy.html

That wasn't a call to stop those helium balloon sellers.

Because its obviously possible to kill yourself accidentally,

So there must be a way of reducing such accidents.

There isnt if you want to still have party balloons.

particularly given that helium has an interesting effect on your voice.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-11810372

He did not try to commit suicide, he was killed in an accident,

It was a she.

Sorry I was thinking of the suicide, which was a he.

And that article points out that quite a few do choose to
use helium to suicide, in spite of your claim that few do.

quite a few 2% for all gases.

Wrong, as always. Most of the suicide using an
inert gas end up in the 51% suffocation, stupid.

but then agin fining peole for driving above 100MPH doesn;t
stop them either does it. ? So why both having speed limits ?

Because fining people for exceeding the speed limit
does see quite a few stay below the speed limit, stupid.

well done so if you stop balloon sellers using helium .............

Not even possible, the voters wouldn't wear it.

in fact it'd probbaly be better for teh world,
if helium is as poisonous as you suggest.

I never ever said that its poisonous at all.

So it can't kill you then can it.

Corse it can when you use it with a suicide
bag to stop the suffocation reflex, stupid.

The reason it is used to suicide with is because its
the second most readily available to the general
public INERT gas that works fine to suppress the
suffocation reflex you get with suicide bags.

but very few people die from helium .

You proved that is a lie
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...schoolboy.html

But you could reduce that number by not
allowing helium to be used in party ballons.

Nope, they'd just use another readily available
inert gas like natural gas or propane and
presumably a few would be stupid enough
to try smoking the last ciggy while doing that
and end up with 3rd degree burns as well.

Been there, done that.

and failed.

You're lying thru you teeth as you always do when you
have got done like a ****ing dinner, as you always are.

http://www.wddty.com/aspirin-it-kill...very-year.html
Aspirin: It kills 20,000 Americans every year

Just because some fool journo mangles the real story as utterly as that...

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...t_balloon.html
"Death by helium still seems to be quite rare. U.S. Poison Control
Centers reported only two fatalities between 2000 and 2004."

Pity about
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...schoolboy.html

now compare that to 20,0000 a year.

Because guns are so much more readily available there, stupid.

perhaps it's just americans that are stupid is that it.

Lots of people died from electric shock every year.

**** all kill themselves that way deliberately.

http://www.electricalsafetyfirst.org...ch/statistics/

28 is **** all.

2 deaths from helium between 2002 & 2004 wow
what an amazing total. in a country of about 300+ million.

Pity about
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...schoolboy.html

plenty of people die from electricution.

**** all do in fact.

lots to do with it, as it's one way to kill yourself.

**** all are that stupid.

there's quite a number that are.

Nope, not even 28.
http://www.electricalsafetyfirst.org...ch/statistics/

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/ind...n_alleged.html

http://www.gloucestercitizen.co.uk/M...ail/story.html

http://www.itv.com/news/meridian/sto...ft-death-link/

Like I said, **** all.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...schoolboy.html
has more using helium, stupid.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 14 October 2014 19:52:22 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
whisky-dave wrote

Rod Speed wrote

Definitely wont with aspirin.

it will a child.

No child will munch on 50 aspirins

How would an expert like you know this.

and
its legal to sell 100 at a time anyway.

Pity none one does it then.
It's legal to buy alcohol when you're 20, but sainsbury won't sell you any without proof.

But you are welcome to buy 6 of those at a time even in Britain, stupid.

Not from the same outlet without presecription,

Wrong, as always.

http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp

From a pharmacy with a presecription.

is 4.8g, then you have to go out and buy more.

Nope, you are welcome to buy 6 of those packs at the same time.

http://www.bupa.co.uk/individuals/he...er-painkillers

You can buy over-the-counter painkillers from a pharmacy, supermarket or

other shops, such as a convenience store, without a prescription from your

GP. Certain types of over-the-counter painkillers, such as paracetamol,

are

limited to packets of up to 16 if you buy them in a shop without

prescription.

That mangles the real story.

http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp

http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/pages/1325.asp...categoryid=101

General sales list medicines

GSL medicines can be sold by a wide range of shops, such as newsagents, supermarkets and petrol stations. Often, only a small pack size or low strength of the medicine may be sold. For example:

NOTE it's the UK site you need to find.

http://www.govyou.co.uk/over-the-counter-painkillers/

The big idea

Legislation (1998) limits the sale of painkillers to packs of 16 in all shops except pharmacies which may sell packs of 32 to minimise the risk of overdosing. People are not allowed by law to buy more than 32 tablets at one time and some shops display a notice to this effect.

This is to help prevent people from accidentally taking too many.

However, you can buy them from pharmacies in packs of up to 32 tablets.

Try buying 6 packs .....

Perfectly legal.

http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp

Then prove it.
Go into a shop and buy them, scan in the reciept .

And that article points out that quite a few do choose to
use helium to suicide, in spite of your claim that few do.

quite a few 2% for all gases.

Wrong, as always. Most of the suicide using an
inert gas end up in the 51% suffocation, stupid.

No they don't stupid.

but then agin fining peole for driving above 100MPH doesn;t

Because fining people for exceeding the speed limit

does see quite a few stay below the speed limit, stupid.

well done so if you stop balloon sellers using helium .............

Not even possible, the voters wouldn't wear it.

Voters couldn't care less about such things.

in fact it'd probbaly be better for teh world,
if helium is as poisonous as you suggest.

I never ever said that its poisonous at all.

So it can't kill you then can it.

Corse it can when you use it with a suicide
bag to stop the suffocation reflex, stupid.

Then that's not the heluum that is killing you is it stupid.

but very few people die from helium .

You proved that is a lie

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...schoolboy.html

4 deaths in 5 years and calling for restrictions.

But you could reduce that number by not
allowing helium to be used in party ballons.

Nope, they'd just use another readily available
inert gas like natural gas or propane

Oh and natural gas and propane gases are inert are they ?
now who's stupid.

http://www.wddty.com/aspirin-it-kill...very-year.html
Aspirin: It kills 20,000 Americans every year

Just because some fool journo mangles the real story as utterly as that....

20,000 every year is highier than 4 in 5 years

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...t_balloon.html

"Death by helium still seems to be quite rare. U.S. Poison Control
Centers reported only two fatalities between 2000 and 2004."

You need to know whether you'r talking about USA or UK you know.

So look again.
every year in the USA 20,000 are killed by asprin
compare that to helium which is 2 in 4 years !

Pity about

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...schoolboy.html

Yep it killed him so baning the sale of helium would have stoped him.

now compare that to 20,0000 a year.

Because guns are so much more readily available there, stupid.

they are stupid, so why choose asprin if guns are more availible ?

so 28 a year is **** all but 2 in 4 years is a lot ?

2 deaths from helium between 2002 & 2004 wow
what an amazing total. in a country of about 300+ million.

Pity about

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...schoolboy.html

it's a pity but it could easily be avioded by banning nhelium or restricting it's sale.

Nope, not even 28.

which is far higher than 2 in 4 years for helium.

**** all died from helium.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...schoolboy.html

has more using helium, stupid.

calls for restrictions a si8milar thing happened in teh 90s with Asprinin and other over the counter headache tablets.

Only the truely stpupid don;t understand this.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Definitely wont with aspirin.

it will a child.

No child will munch on 50 aspirins

How would an expert like you know this.

Even someone as stupid as you should be able to
work out that we have statistics on stuff like that.

and its legal to sell 100 at a time anyway.

Pity none one does it then.

You have no idea whether anyone does or not.

Yes, its unlikely that many use enough aspirins often
enough for there to be any point in buying that many
at a time, but people certainly do that with the 75mg
enteric coated aspirins that are taken daily by so many.

I in fact bought 500 of those at a time, because I saw
them on offer at a much better than normal price and
realised that I would use those before the useby date.

But you are welcome to buy 6 of those at a time even in Britain,
stupid.

Not from the same outlet without presecription,

Wrong, as always.

http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp

From a pharmacy with a presecription.

Wrong, as always. The first section of that
table is GSL, non pharmacy sales outlets.

And with the effervescent forms, there is no legal limit at all.

[...]

And the first row in
http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp
clearly says that 100 tablets or capsules at a time is legally fine for GSL.

For example:

NOTE it's the UK site you need to find.

Wrong, as always.
http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp
is all we need.

http://www.govyou.co.uk/over-the-counter-painkillers/

The big idea

Legislation (1998) limits the sale of painkillers to packs of 16
in all shops except pharmacies which may sell packs of 32

Yes, but
http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp
says you are welcome to buy 5 packs of 16 tablets if you want to.

to minimise the risk of overdosing.

Doesn't explain why you are welcome to by 5 packs
of 16 tablets at a time if you want to and as many
as you like with the effervescent forms.

People are not allowed by law to buy more than 32 tablets at one time

Wrong, as always.
http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp

and some shops display a notice to this effect.

They have ****ed up what the law actually says.

In spades with the effervescent forms.

Try buying 6 packs .....

Perfectly legal.
http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp

Then prove it.

http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp

Go into a shop and buy them, scan in the reciept .

No point.
http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp

And that article points out that quite a few do choose to
use helium to suicide, in spite of your claim that few do.

quite a few 2% for all gases.

Wrong, as always. Most of the suicide using an
inert gas end up in the 51% suffocation, stupid.

No they don't stupid.

Yes they do, cretin.

well done so if you stop balloon sellers using helium .............

Not even possible, the voters wouldn't wear it.

Voters couldn't care less about such things.

They would if the legislators were actually that stupid.

in fact it'd probbaly be better for teh world,
if helium is as poisonous as you suggest.

I never ever said that its poisonous at all.

So it can't kill you then can it.

Corse it can when you use it with a suicide
bag to stop the suffocation reflex, stupid.

Then that's not the heluum that is killing you is it stupid.

Corse it is, because its what you breath, stupid.

but very few people die from helium .

You proved that is a lie
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...schoolboy.html

4 deaths in 5 years

In just that small region, stupid.

and calling for restrictions.

And getting ignored when that fool did.

http://www.wddty.com/aspirin-it-kill...very-year.html
Aspirin: It kills 20,000 Americans every year

Just because some fool journo mangles the real story as utterly as
that...

20,000 every year is highier than 4 in 5 years

Pity that 20K a year aint killed by aspirins, fool.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...t_balloon.html

"Death by helium still seems to be quite rare. U.S. Poison Control
Centers reported only two fatalities between 2000 and 2004."

You need to know whether you'r talking about USA or UK you know.

Nope, that was always obvious.

So look again.

Nope.

every year in the USA 20,000 are killed by asprin

You're lying thru your teeth as you always do when you
have got done like a ****ing dinner, as you always are.

You don't have a SHRED of evidence that 20K
americans are killed every year by ASPIRIN.

compare that to helium which is 2 in 4 years !

In just one pimple on the bum of that soggy little island of yours.

Pity about
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...schoolboy.html

Yep it killed him so baning the sale of helium would have stoped him.

Wrong, as always. He would have killed himself some
other way like with natural gas or propane instead
with a much higher risk of igniting that in the process.

now compare that to 20,0000 a year.

Because guns are so much more readily available there, stupid.

they are stupid, so why choose asprin if guns are more availible ?

They don't choose aspirin, fool.

http://www.electricalsafetyfirst.org...ch/statistics/

28 is **** all.

so 28 a year is **** all but 2 in 4 years is a lot ?

No one ever said that 2 in 4 years is a lot, fool.

2 deaths from helium between 2002 & 2004 wow
what an amazing total. in a country of about 300+ million.

Pity about
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...schoolboy.html

it's a pity but it could easily be avioded by
banning nhelium or restricting it's sale.

Wrong, as always. They would have used something else instead.

Nope, not even 28.

which is far higher than 2 in 4 years for helium.

28 is the whole of britain, fool.

2 in 4 years isnt.

http://www.electricalsafetyfirst.org...ch/statistics/

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/ind...n_alleged.html
http://www.gloucestercitizen.co.uk/M...ail/story.html
http://www.itv.com/news/meridian/sto...ft-death-link/

Like I said, **** all.

**** all died from helium.

More than killed themselves by deliberate electrocution.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...schoolboy.html
has more using helium, stupid.

calls for restrictions a si8milar thing happened in teh 90s
with Asprinin and other over the counter headache tablets.

And what restrictions there are are in fact very minimal.
http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp
In spades with the effervescent forms and powders.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 16 October 2014 21:39:07 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
whisky-dave wrote

Rod Speed wrote

whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Definitely wont with aspirin.

it will a child.

No child will munch on 50 aspirins

How would an expert like you know this.

Even someone as stupid as you should be able to
work out that we have statistics on stuff like that.

Yes they do that's why they put child proof locks on such things.

and its legal to sell 100 at a time anyway.

Pity none one does it then.

You have no idea whether anyone does or not.

YES I DO. YOU DO NOT.

Show me where in the UK you can buy a bottle of 100 Asprinin ?

but of course I could buy more I can buy any amount I want in the same way I can buy herion, crack cocaine or any other drug. I can buy drugs weapins, guns, even sex.
So not sure what point your making.

Yes, its unlikely that many use enough aspirins often
enough for there to be any point in buying that many
at a time, but people certainly do that with the 75mg
enteric coated aspirins that are taken daily by so many.

We were talking about the 300mg and 325mg as it's teh amount of drug you take rather than the absolute number of pills, which is why they have the LD50 at 1.7g/KG as a guide.

I in fact bought 500 of those at a time, because I saw
them on offer at a much better than normal price and
realised that I would use those before the useby date.

well good for you care to share this supplier so we can all benifit.

http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp

From a pharmacy with a presecription.

Wrong, as always. The first section of that
table is GSL, non pharmacy sales outlets.

And with the effervescent forms, there is no legal limit at all.

The show me how tom buy them because that site is for pharamsist NOT
the general public.

http://www.rpharms.com/home/home.asp

And the first row in

http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp

clearly says that 100 tablets or capsules at a time is legally fine for GSL.

You are stupid can you not read.

Aspirin tablets (non-effervescent) and capsules up to 325mg (including 75mg preparations)
Up to 16 GSL Pharmacies and non- pharmacy retail outlets

Not more than 100 tablets or capsules..

Wrong, as always.

http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp

is all we need.

http://www.govyou.co.uk/over-the-counter-painkillers/

Legislation (1998) limits the sale of painkillers to packs of 16 in all shops except pharmacies which may sell packs of 32 to minimise the risk of overdosing. People are not allowed by law to buy more than 32 tablets at one time and some shops display a notice to this effect.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/10/2014 12:43, whisky-dave wrote:
Legislation (1998) limits the sale of painkillers to packs of 16 in all shops except pharmacies which may sell packs of 32 to minimise the risk of overdosing. People are not allowed by law to buy more than 32 tablets at one time and some shops display a notice to this effect.

Take note, not *all* painkillers have this limit. My local pharmacy
stocks packs of 48 x 400mp Ibuprofen.....

The limits are on Asprin and paracetamol based painkillers, as in the
casae of paracetamol, the LD50 is quite close to the dose needed to have
a painkilling effect.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 17 October 2014 13:08:08 UTC+1, John Williamson wrote:
On 17/10/2014 12:43, whisky-dave wrote:

Legislation (1998) limits the sale of painkillers to packs of 16 in all shops except pharmacies which may sell packs of 32 to minimise the risk of overdosing. People are not allowed by law to buy more than 32 tablets at one time and some shops display a notice to this effect.

Take note, not *all* painkillers have this limit. My local pharmacy
stocks packs of 48 x 400mp Ibuprofen.....

I didn;t say *all* painkillers just those that come under the 1998 act and where's your local pharmacy ?

The limits are on Asprin and paracetamol based painkillers, as in the
casae of paracetamol, the LD50 is quite close to the dose needed to have
a painkilling effect.

Which is why it's relativley easy to overdose, especaily if you're on more than one medication.

This was on UK TV too
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-29640415

Those that take such things are not attempting suicide. But it doesn't mean that those drugs can't do harm.

--

Tciao for Now!

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/10/2014 13:50, whisky-dave wrote:
On Friday, 17 October 2014 13:08:08 UTC+1, John Williamson wrote:
On 17/10/2014 12:43, whisky-dave wrote:

Legislation (1998) limits the sale of painkillers to packs of 16 in all shops except pharmacies which may sell packs of 32 to minimise the risk of overdosing. People are not allowed by law to buy more than 32 tablets at one time and some shops display a notice to this effect.

Take note, not *all* painkillers have this limit. My local pharmacy
stocks packs of 48 x 400mp Ibuprofen.....

I didn;t say *all* painkillers just those that come under the 1998 act and where's your local pharmacy ?

About a quarter of a mile away from where I live on the Grand Union
Canal, but it's not the only place I've bought ibruprofen in that size pack.

Paracetamol are in 16's or 32's, as are Aspirin.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , John Williamson
scribeth thus
On 17/10/2014 12:43, whisky-dave wrote:
Legislation (1998) limits the sale of painkillers to packs of 16 in all shops

except pharmacies which may sell packs of 32 to minimise the risk of overdosing.
People are not allowed by law to buy more than 32 tablets at one time and some
shops display a notice to this effect.

Take note, not *all* painkillers have this limit. My local pharmacy
stocks packs of 48 x 400mp Ibuprofen.....

Which taken over a long time cam work wonders dissolving your guts;!(..

But you can take such as Omeprazole for that side effect..

In fact they usually question you as to what you want it for and how
long you intend to take it for...

The limits are on Asprin and paracetamol based painkillers, as in the
casae of paracetamol, the LD50 is quite close to the dose needed to have
a painkilling effect.

Useful stuff that but quite nasty in overdose. The restrictions on sales
of that are good ones. Someone I used to know went into the co-op in
Cherry Hinton high St just a mile or so from Fulbourn Physiatric
hospital and managed to buy 400 off them some years ago now.

Why the stupid till girl let her buy so many never was questioned;!(.
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 17 October 2014 15:06:23 UTC+1, John Williamson wrote:
On 17/10/2014 13:50, whisky-dave wrote:

On Friday, 17 October 2014 13:08:08 UTC+1, John Williamson wrote:

On 17/10/2014 12:43, whisky-dave wrote:

Legislation (1998) limits the sale of painkillers to packs of 16 in all shops except pharmacies which may sell packs of 32 to minimise the risk of overdosing. People are not allowed by law to buy more than 32 tablets at one time and some shops display a notice to this effect.

Take note, not *all* painkillers have this limit. My local pharmacy

stocks packs of 48 x 400mp Ibuprofen.....

I didn;t say *all* painkillers just those that come under the 1998 act and where's your local pharmacy ?

About a quarter of a mile away from where I live on the Grand Union
Canal, but it's not the only place I've bought ibruprofen in that size pack.

Well there;'s nothing stopping you other than thos enot abiding by the law.
An ex flatmate got 80ml of Methadone, but on prescription.
It's not to difficult buying fake booze of cigs, but they aren't legal.

Paracetamol are in 16's or 32's, as are Aspirin.

http://www.mhra.gov.uk/home/groups/p...con071215..pdf

"The products are available in numerous pack
sizes and presentations. Pack sizes of up
to and including 16 tablets are available on
the General Sales List
(GSL), and can be
purchased at pharmacies, supermarkets and ot
her retail outle
ts without the supervision
of a pharmacist. Pack sizes of greater
than 16 tablets are P licensed medicines
available only from pharmacies, under the supervision of a pharmacist"

There's many drugs from india just don't buy from dodgy outlets.

if yopu see a bargin bottel of 100 asprinin beware it could be beached rat **** or anything else dont' just believe the packaging.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Definitely wont with aspirin.

it will a child.

No child will munch on 50 aspirins

How would an expert like you know this.

Even someone as stupid as you should be able to
work out that we have statistics on stuff like that.

Yes they do that's why they put child proof locks on such things.

There are no child proof locks on the
GSL aspirins you can buy anywhere.

and its legal to sell 100 at a time anyway.

Pity none one does it then.

You have no idea whether anyone does or not.

YES I DO.

WRONG, AS ALWAYS.

YOU DO NOT.

WRONG, AS ALWAYS.

Show me where in the UK you can buy a bottle of 100 Asprinin ?

You are welcome to buy 5 packs of 16 tablets or capsules.

And as many packs as you like of the effervescent or powder form.

So not sure what point your making.

That you are welcome to buy 5 packs of 16 tablets or capsules.

And as many packs as you like of the effervescent or powder form.

Yes, its unlikely that many use enough aspirins often
enough for there to be any point in buying that many
at a time, but people certainly do that with the 75mg
enteric coated aspirins that are taken daily by so many.

We were talking about the 300mg and 325mg

Wrong, as always. We are actually talking about aspirin.

as it's teh amount of drug you take
rather than the absolute number of pills,

Wrong, as always with the enteric coated low does aspirins.

which is why they have the LD50 at 1.7g/KG as a guide.

And yet you are welcome to buy as many packs as you
like of the effervescent and powdered form of aspirin.
http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp

I in fact bought 500 of those at a time, because I saw
them on offer at a much better than normal price and
realised that I would use those before the useby date.

well good for you care to share this supplier so we can all benifit.

That was literally a couple of years ago now, so you can't.

http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp

From a pharmacy with a presecription.

Wrong, as always. The first section of that
table is GSL, non pharmacy sales outlets.

And with the effervescent forms, there is no legal limit at all.

The show me how tom buy them because that
site is for pharamsist NOT the general public.

That site shows the legal status, as the descriptions states.
http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp

http://www.rpharms.com/home/home.asp

And the first row in
http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp
clearly says that 100 tablets or capsules at a time is legally fine for
GSL.

You are stupid can you not read.

We'll see...

Aspirin tablets (non-effervescent) and capsules up to 325mg (including
75mg preparations)
Up to 16 GSL Pharmacies and non- pharmacy retail outlets

That is just the pack size, stupid. That the
heading on the top of that column, stupid.

Not more than 100 tablets or capsules..

What I said, stupid.

http://www.govyou.co.uk/over-the-counter-painkillers/

Legislation (1998) limits the sale of painkillers to packs of 16
in all shops except pharmacies which may sell packs of 32

That's what
http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp
has said all along, stupid.

to minimise the risk of overdosing.

And yet there is no limit at all on the number
of packs of the effervescent or powder forms
you can buy in normal retail outlets.
http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp

People are not allowed by law to buy more than 32 tablets at one time

Wrong, as always.
http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp
clearly said that you can buy up to 100 tablets or capsules
at a time, and as many as you like of the effervescent and
powder forms.

and some shops display a notice to this effect.

They are clearly as stupid and as pig ignorant as you.
http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 18 October 2014 00:44:39 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:

Yes they do that's why they put child proof locks on such things.

There are no child proof locks on the
GSL aspirins you can buy anywhere.

Really there's no child proof locks on cars either.

But there is this.
http://www.mhra.gov.uk/Howweregulate...ging/index.htm

"The Human Medicines Regulations (SI 2012/1916) came into force on 14 August 2012. Only those medicines containing aspirin, paracetamol, and more than 24mg of elemental iron must legally be placed on the market in packaging which has been shown to be child resistant."

you really don't know anything about this do you.

Show me where in the UK you can buy a bottle of 100 Asprinin ?

You are welcome to buy 5 packs of 16 tablets or capsules.

5X16 IS NOT 100

I can buy herion, I can buy most illegal things illegally.

and you've still not shown anywhere where ypu can buy them in those quanities legally in the UK.

And as many packs as you like of the effervescent or powder form.

then prove it.
So me a legal site where I can buy such things.

So not sure what point your making.

That you are welcome to buy 5 packs of 16 tablets or capsules.

Depends who you go to. Responsibly suplies obide by the UK law.

as it's teh amount of drug you take
rather than the absolute number of pills,

Wrong, as always with the enteric coated low does aspirins.

doesnt low does tell you anything.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Show me where in the UK you can buy a bottle of 100 Asprinin ?

You are welcome to buy 5 packs of 16 tablets or capsules.

5X16 IS NOT 100

Its near enough.

And you are welcome to buy as many packs as you
like of 16 tablets of the effervescent form and as many
packs as you like of less than 10 in powder form too.

Its actually a lot easier to kill yourself with either
of those forms than with tablets or capsules.

And as many packs as you like of the effervescent or powder form.

then prove it.

http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp
last couple of sections just above the notes.

So not sure what point your making.

That you are welcome to buy 5 packs of 16 tablets or capsules.

Depends who you go to.

Nope.

Responsibly suplies obide by the UK law.

And that is what the law says
http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 20 October 2014 19:38:28 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
whisky-dave wrote

Rod Speed wrote

Show me where in the UK you can buy a bottle of 100 Asprinin ?

You are welcome to buy 5 packs of 16 tablets or capsules.

5X16 IS NOT 100

Its near enough.

Try it, they won't sell tehm to you I've tried.

And you are welcome to buy as many packs as you
like of 16 tablets of the effervescent form and as many
packs as you like of less than 10 in powder form too.

No you are not of the drugs we've been discussing.
But you can buy as many packs of yuo want of effervescent form of vitiam C
well done.

Its actually a lot easier to kill yourself with either
of those forms than with tablets or capsules.

But for whatever reason people tend not to choose them, so they'd be little point on restrictions.

And as many packs as you like of the effervescent or powder form.

then prove it.

http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp

last couple of sections just above the notes.

Note 2: While several products have no legal limit for the amount that may be sold or supplied, pharmacists are expected to exercise professional control to limit the amount of aspirin which may be stored in a patient's home

They will not sell you them.

So not sure what point your making.

That you are welcome to buy 5 packs of 16 tablets or capsules.

Depends who you go to.

Nope.

Responsibly suplies obide by the UK law.

And that is what the law says

http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/pages/1325.asp...categoryid=101

General sales list medicines

GSL medicines can be sold by a wide range of shops, such as newsagents, supermarkets and petrol stations. Often, only a small pack size or low strength of the medicine may be sold. For example:

the largest pack size of paracetamol that shops can sell is 16 tablets but pharmacies can sell packs of 32 tablets
the highest strength of ibuprofen tablets that shops can sell is 200mg but pharmacies can sell tablets at 400mg strength

But like any product I can find ways around this.
Just stand outside camden town tube, you'll be offered dope, skunk and cocaine and that;'s within about 10mins.
I bet thye'd sell you asprin too, I bet they'd sell you a million if you asked.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Show me where in the UK you can buy a bottle of 100 Asprinin ?

You are welcome to buy 5 packs of 16 tablets or capsules.

5X16 IS NOT 100

Its near enough.

Try it, they won't sell tehm to you I've tried.

You should have got enough of a clue to
use a store that does what the law requires.
http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp

And you are welcome to buy as many packs as you
like of 16 tablets of the effervescent form and as many
packs as you like of less than 10 in powder form too.

No you are not of the drugs we've been discussing.

You're wrong, as always.
http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp
Last couple of sections, just before the notes.

But you can buy as many packs of yuo want
of effervescent form of vitiam C well done.

http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp

Its actually a lot easier to kill yourself with either
of those forms than with tablets or capsules.

But for whatever reason people tend not to choose them,

Bull****.

so they'd be little point on restrictions.

Even sillier that you usually manage.

And as many packs as you like of the effervescent or powder form.

then prove it.

http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp
last couple of sections just above the notes.

Note 2: While several products have no legal limit for the amount that may
be sold or supplied, pharmacists are expected to exercise professional
control
to limit the amount of aspirin which may be stored in a patient's home

GSL doesn't have a pharmacist.

They will not sell you them.

You're wrong, as always.

So not sure what point your making.

That you are welcome to buy 5 packs of 16 tablets or capsules.

Depends who you go to.

Nope.

Responsibly suplies obide by the UK law.

And that is what the law says
http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/pages/1325.asp...categoryid=101

General sales list medicines

GSL medicines can be sold by a wide range of shops,
such as newsagents, supermarkets and petrol stations.
Often, only a small pack size or low strength of the
medicine may be sold.

But you are welcome to buy as many packs as
you like with the effervescent and powder forms.
http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp

For example:

the largest pack size of paracetamol that shops can sell is 16 tablets
but pharmacies can sell packs of 32 tablets

But you are welcome to buy as many packs as
you like with the effervescent and powder forms.
http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp

the highest strength of ibuprofen tablets that shops can sell
is 200mg but pharmacies can sell tablets at 400mg strength

What matters is how many packs you can buy at a time.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 21 October 2014 12:36:01 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
whisky-dave wrote

Rod Speed wrote

whisky-dave wrote

Rod Speed wrote

Show me where in the UK you can buy a bottle of 100 Asprinin ?

You are welcome to buy 5 packs of 16 tablets or capsules.

5X16 IS NOT 100

Its near enough.

Try it, they won't sell tehm to you I've tried.

You should have got enough of a clue to
use a store that does what the law requires.

http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp

as long as they are prepared to ignore note 2 which you've deleted.
Try camden tube station.

Note 2: While several products have no legal limit for the amount that may be sold or supplied, pharmacists are expected to exercise professional control to limit the amount of aspirin which may be stored in a patient's home

Note 4: When aspirin is in combination with a pharmacy medicine (eg, low-strength codeine) or a prescription-only medicine (eg, dextropropoxyphene), the more stringent legal category applies

You're wrong, as always.

http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp

Last couple of sections, just before the notes.

Only if you ignore that notes that apply to selling the products.

But you can buy as many packs of yuo want

of effervescent form of vitiam C well done.

http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp

Its actually a lot easier to kill yourself with either
of those forms than with tablets or capsules.

But for whatever reason people tend not to choose them,

Bull****.

prove it.

so they'd be little point on restrictions.

Even sillier that you usually manage.

They don;t put restrictions on selling bottels orm water because not many peolke buy bottels of water with teh aim or commiting suicide and there's little chance they'll take a water overdose.

And as many packs as you like of the effervescent or powder form.

then prove it.

http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp

last couple of sections just above the notes.

Note 2: While several products have no legal limit for the amount that may

be sold or supplied, pharmacists are expected to exercise professional

control

to limit the amount of aspirin which may be stored in a patient's home

GSL doesn't have a pharmacist.

Then it's teh stores that restrict the sales, otherwise they aren't allowed to sell the products.

What matters is how many packs you can buy at a time.

Yep and unless you go to somewhere that ignores the law you won't be able to buy as many packs as you like try it.
Go in to a store buy as many as yuo like then show me teh reciept .

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Show me where in the UK you can buy a bottle of 100 Asprinin ?

You are welcome to buy 5 packs of 16 tablets or capsules.

5X16 IS NOT 100

Its near enough.

Try it, they won't sell tehm to you I've tried.

You should have got enough of a clue to
use a store that does what the law requires.
http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp

as long as they are prepared to ignore note 2 which you've deleted.

note 2 is completely irrelevant to GSL, there is no pharmacist in a GSL.

Try camden tube station.

Try an operation that understands the law.

Note 2: While several products have no legal limit for
the amount that may be sold or supplied, pharmacists
are expected to exercise professional control to limit the
amount of aspirin which may be stored in a patient's home

There is no pharmacist in a GSL.

Note 4: When aspirin is in combination with a pharmacy medicine
(eg, low-strength codeine) or a prescription-only medicine (eg,
dextropropoxyphene), the more stringent legal category applies

We weren't discussing those.

You're wrong, as always.
http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp
Last couple of sections, just before the notes.

Only if you ignore that notes that apply to selling the products.

You're wrong, as always.

Neither note is relevant to the GSLs being discussed.

Its actually a lot easier to kill yourself with either
of those forms than with tablets or capsules.

But for whatever reason people tend not to choose them,

Bull****.

prove it.

YOU made the claim.

YOU get to do the proving.

THAT'S how it works.

[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Obviously after reading this thread, Homebase have announced today they're
closing a quarter of their stores.

They put it down to the modern generation not being into DIY as their
parents were.

Not sure how they work that one out - given they stopped being a simple
DIY shed ages ago.

Perhaps they might look at why replacing high priced DIY goods with
equally high priced soft furnishings, etc, hasn't worked. The clue might
be in the high prices.

--
*I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 21 October 2014 21:23:24 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:

as long as they are prepared to ignore note 2 which you've deleted.

note 2 is completely irrelevant to GSL, there is no pharmacist in a GSL.

Note 2: While several products have no legal limit for
the amount that may be sold or supplied, pharmacists
are expected to exercise professional control to limit the
amount of aspirin which may be stored in a patient's home

There is no pharmacist in a GSL.

So what.

Are you saying that you can buy as many as you want from a single outlet ?

Neither note is relevant to the GSLs being discussed.

what GLS being discussed.
We're not discussing lists.

Its actually a lot easier to kill yourself with either
of those forms than with tablets or capsules.

YOU made the claim.

YOU get to do the proving.

THAT'S how it works.

Seems like you made the claim first.
You're wrong, as always.

http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp

Last couple of sections, just before the notes.

Yes the notes are the important points otherwise they wouldn't add them would they.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote

Obviously after reading this thread, Homebase have
announced today they're closing a quarter of their stores.

They just curled up and died after being called Homobase.

They put it down to the modern generation
not being into DIY as their parents were.

Be interesting to see some states on that, particularly with
renovations.

Not sure how they work that one out - given
they stopped being a simple DIY shed ages ago.

Presumably because they had seen the sales of DIY
stuff drop off and so added other stuff to what they
flog in an attempt to remain viable sales wise.

Perhaps they might look at why replacing high priced
DIY goods with equally high priced soft furnishings,
etc, hasn't worked. The clue might be in the high prices.

But its less clear that they can make a decent living out
of flogging the lower priced stuff given the competition
like pound shops and ebay and amazon etc that have
MUCH lower overheads to cover.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote

as long as they are prepared to ignore note 2 which you've deleted.

note 2 is completely irrelevant to GSL, there is no pharmacist in a GSL.

Note 2: While several products have no legal limit for
the amount that may be sold or supplied, pharmacists
are expected to exercise professional control to limit the
amount of aspirin which may be stored in a patient's home

There is no pharmacist in a GSL.

So what.

So Note 2 is completely irrelevant to what is being
discussed, what is legal in a single GSL transaction.

Are you saying that you can buy as many as you want from a single outlet ?

Yes, with the effervescent and powder forms.
http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp

And you are free to buy up to 100 with the other forms as well.

Neither note is relevant to the GSLs being discussed.

what GLS being discussed.

The ones where you are legally free to buy as many as you
like of the effervescent and powder forms and up to 100
of the other forms.

YOU made the claim.

YOU get to do the proving.

THAT'S how it works.

Seems like you made the claim first.

Says he carefully deleting from the quoting him making the claim first.

You're wrong, as always.
http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp
Last couple of sections, just before the notes.

Yes the notes are the important points otherwise they wouldn't add them
would they.

They don't apply to the *GSL* sales we are discussing.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 22 October 2014 19:33:11 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote

as long as they are prepared to ignore note 2 which you've deleted.

note 2 is completely irrelevant to GSL, there is no pharmacist in a GSL.

Note 2: While several products have no legal limit for
the amount that may be sold or supplied, pharmacists
are expected to exercise professional control to limit the
amount of aspirin which may be stored in a patient's home

There is no pharmacist in a GSL.

So what.

So Note 2 is completely irrelevant to what is being
discussed, what is legal in a single GSL transaction.

The discussion is what you can buy not just what is legal.
The idea is to restrict sales with an am to reducing acedental overdoses
and possoible suicide attempts or rather a succssessful attempt.

If you don;t understand suxh a simple thing then there;s nothing I can do to help you.
I suggest you buy a 200 bottle of paracetmol if you want to prove otherswise

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote

as long as they are prepared to ignore note 2 which you've deleted.

note 2 is completely irrelevant to GSL, there is no pharmacist in a
GSL.

Note 2: While several products have no legal limit for
the amount that may be sold or supplied, pharmacists
are expected to exercise professional control to limit the
amount of aspirin which may be stored in a patient's home

There is no pharmacist in a GSL.

So what.

So Note 2 is completely irrelevant to what is being
discussed, what is legal in a single GSL transaction.

The discussion is what you can buy not just what is legal.

Yes, but Note 2 is completely irrelevant to what you can buy in a GSL too.

The idea is to restrict sales with an am to reducing acedental overdoses
and possoible suicide attempts or rather a succssessful attempt.

What you can buy with the effervescent and powder forms
in a single transaction doesn't do that because you are
welcome to buy as many packs as you like in that format.
http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp

I suggest you buy a 200 bottle of paracetmol if you want to prove
otherswise

You are welcome to buy as many packs as you like of the effervescent and
powder forms.
http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 23 October 2014 22:50:59 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
whisky-dave wrote

The discussion is what you can buy not just what is legal.

Yes, but Note 2 is completely irrelevant to what you can buy in a GSL too.

No it is not.
Do you even know what GLS is ?
http://www.abbreviations.com/term/220541

And it's for it's memebers NOT the general public, which is why MEMBERS can get those drugs like chemists can buy asprin in bulk from their suppliers, but they aren't allowed to sell in bulk to the general public without presecription.

You can tell this if you attempt to the info you posted withough a direct link.

if yuo try to get to this list wothough bypassing their limited security you get this.
Member only content

The content you are trying to access is for our members only.

welcome to buy as many packs as you like in that format.

Provided you are a memmber.

http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp

I suggest you buy a 200 bottle of paracetmol if you want to prove
otherswise

You are welcome to buy as many packs as you like of the effervescent and
powder forms.
http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp

Aspirin tablets (non-effervescent) and capsules above 325mg and up to 500mg.
Greater than 32 , POM, Pharmacies only, To be sold or supplied only in accordance with a prescription.

can you NOT read what's written ?

And if I were a policeman I can have any gun I wanted if I had a firearms license for that gun.

Why don't you show me where I can buy a 200 bottle in the UK.
But you won;t .

Get over it your WRONG.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
whisky-dave wrote

The discussion is what you can buy not just what is legal.

Yes, but Note 2 is completely irrelevant to what you can buy in a GSL
too.

No it is not.

Corse it is, that covers pharmacys that have a pharmacist, stupid.

Do you even know what GLS is ?

Yep.

http://www.abbreviations.com/term/220541

We aint discussing veterinary, stupid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Over-th...United_Kingdom

which is why MEMBERS can get those drugs like chemists can
buy asprin in bulk from their suppliers, but they aren't allowed
to sell in bulk to the general public without presecription.

Wrong with aspirin in effervesent and powder form.
http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp

You can tell this if you attempt to the info you posted withough a direct
link.

Try that again in english instead of gobbledegook when not completely
blotto.

if yuo try to get to this list wothough bypassing their limited security
you get this.
Member only content

Try that again in english instead of gobbledegook when not completely
blotto.

The content you are trying to access is for our members only.

Bull****.

You are welcome to buy as many packs as you like in that format.

Provided you are a memmber.

Nothing whatever to do with being a member.

GSLs don't have members, stupid.

http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp

I suggest you buy a 200 bottle of paracetmol
if you want to prove otherswise

You are welcome to buy as many packs as you like of the effervescent and
powder forms.
http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp

Aspirin tablets (non-effervescent) and capsules above 325mg and up to
500mg.
Greater than 32 , POM, Pharmacies only, To be sold or supplied only in
accordance with a prescription.

Irrelevant to what is perfectly legal with the effervescent and powder
forms.
http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp

can you NOT read what's written ?

Corse I can.
http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp

Last couple of sections just above the notes.

Why don't you show me where I can buy a 200 bottle in the UK.

Because it isnt relevant when you can buy as many packs
as you like of the effervescent and powder forms.

Get over it your WRONG.

Nope.
http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 24 October 2014 11:35:56 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
whisky-dave wrote

[...]

but you can't that is the point.

Get over it your WRONG.

Nope.
http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp

try reading it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
whisky-dave wrote

[...]

and powder forms.
http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp

Aspirin tablets (non-effervescent) and capsules above 325mg
and up to 500mg. Greater than 32 , POM, Pharmacies only,
To be sold or supplied only in accordance with a prescription.

Irrelevant to what is perfectly legal with the effervescent and powder
forms.
http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp

can you NOT read what's written ?

Corse I can.
http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp
Last couple of sections just above the notes.

Why don't you show me where I can buy a 200 bottle in the UK.

Because it isnt relevant when you can buy as many packs
as you like of the effervescent and powder forms.

but you can't

Wrong, as always.
http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp

that is the point.

Wrong, as always.

Get over it your WRONG.

Nope.
http://www.rpharms.com/legal-classif...atus-table.asp

try reading it.

Must have done that to keep rubbing your nose
in the last couple of sections just before the notes.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/10/2014 15:06, John Williamson wrote:

snip

Paracetamol are in 16's or 32's, as are Aspirin.

http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/parac...s-500mg/prd-6f

Cheers
--
Syd