Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Homobase hare brained scheme.

http://www.diyweek.net/news/news.asp?id=16892

Why don't they just offer value for money?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

http://www.diyweek.net/news/news.asp?id=16892

Why don't they just offer value for money?

Instead of this scheme which requires you to be arsed. ICBA.

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, September 14, 2013 8:14:45 PM UTC+1, The Medway Handyman wrote:
http://www.diyweek.net/news/news.asp?id=16892
Why don't they just offer value for money?

Because that would cost them a lot of money.

This costs them hardly anything in lost revenue (200 half price pressure washers) and gets them lots of Face****s too.

It's really no different from Tesco offering Value Bleach, Daisy Bleach and Tesco Bleach and the lottery of which is most likely to leak over your nectarines before you get it home.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 14 Sep 2013 20:14:45 +0100, The Medway Handyman wrote:

http://www.diyweek.net/news/news.asp?id=16892

Pass the bucket before I vomit.

"innovative online shopping initiative"

"specially selected products"

"trades off the popularity of sharing via social media"
Speaking for themselves.

"and people's love of competitions and countdowns"
Speaking for themselves, again.

"social-commerce technology"
Wot?

"Discounts could be as much as 50%"
Or as little as 0%

"the perfect way to get social audiences shopping."
Social audiences?

"People love systems with a bit of fun"
*Some* people...

"We love taking on the system, getting something for nothing and
gaining social kudos. These are the human truths that already drive
social media. Co-buying taps into these social drivers."
BUCKET, QUICK...

"innovative approach, as well as showcasing the range"
splatter Did they employ the writers of The Office?

"our teams will be watching the products they choose to help inform
buying decisions in the future."

Ha! The real reason, cheap customer research but based on a very
skewed sample of their customer base. Those that think letting the
world know what they are doing or where they are every minute of the
day is "cool".

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , The Medway Handyman
writes
http://www.diyweek.net/news/news.asp?id=16892

Why don't they just offer value for money?

Hey Dave,

Some may see it as ironic that you accuse Homebase of being poor value
for money but then base your parts resale prices on theirs, or has that
changed?

Also, can't say I understand the Homobase moniker you apply when
referring to that company. I assume it is some sort of derisive comment
about their standing in the diy market but I thought that associating
negative attributes by reference to queers was something that most
people grew out of by their late teens, apparently not.

For someone posting in the name of a business that purports to be a
polite, friendly and fair trader it seems to be a consistently repeated
careless remark.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday 14 September 2013 22:50 fred wrote in uk.d-i-y:

In article , The Medway Handyman
writes
http://www.diyweek.net/news/news.asp?id=16892

Why don't they just offer value for money?

Hey Dave,

Some may see it as ironic that you accuse Homebase of being poor value
for money but then base your parts resale prices on theirs, or has that
changed?

Also, can't say I understand the Homobase moniker you apply when
referring to that company. I assume it is some sort of derisive comment
about their standing in the diy market but I thought that associating
negative attributes by reference to queers was something that most
people grew out of by their late teens, apparently not.

Lighten up dude...

For someone posting in the name of a business that purports to be a
polite, friendly and fair trader it seems to be a consistently repeated
careless remark.

Reading this on the web? See:

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Tim Watts wrote:
[...]

I actually believe that fred made a few good points. I'll go as far to say
fred's post had constructive criticism and was not a personal attack on TMH.
It's up to TMH if he wants to learn from those comments.

The alternative is listening to Unbeliever or Nthkentman calling TMH a dick.

--
Adam