Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Homobase

On Friday, 17 October 2014 15:06:23 UTC+1, John Williamson wrote:
On 17/10/2014 13:50, whisky-dave wrote:

On Friday, 17 October 2014 13:08:08 UTC+1, John Williamson wrote:

On 17/10/2014 12:43, whisky-dave wrote:

Legislation (1998) limits the sale of painkillers to packs of 16 in all shops except pharmacies which may sell packs of 32 to minimise the risk of overdosing. People are not allowed by law to buy more than 32 tablets at one time and some shops display a notice to this effect.

Take note, not *all* painkillers have this limit. My local pharmacy

stocks packs of 48 x 400mp Ibuprofen.....

I didn;t say *all* painkillers just those that come under the 1998 act and where's your local pharmacy ?

About a quarter of a mile away from where I live on the Grand Union
Canal, but it's not the only place I've bought ibruprofen in that size pack.

Well there;'s nothing stopping you other than thos enot abiding by the law.
An ex flatmate got 80ml of Methadone, but on prescription.
It's not to difficult buying fake booze of cigs, but they aren't legal.

Paracetamol are in 16's or 32's, as are Aspirin.

http://www.mhra.gov.uk/home/groups/p...con071215..pdf

"The products are available in numerous pack
sizes and presentations. Pack sizes of up
to and including 16 tablets are available on
the General Sales List
(GSL), and can be
purchased at pharmacies, supermarkets and ot
her retail outle
ts without the supervision
of a pharmacist. Pack sizes of greater
than 16 tablets are P licensed medicines
available only from pharmacies, under the supervision of a pharmacist"

There's many drugs from india just don't buy from dodgy outlets.

if yopu see a bargin bottel of 100 asprinin beware it could be beached rat **** or anything else dont' just believe the packaging.