Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Homobase

On Thursday, 9 October 2014 22:42:52 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
whisky-dave wrote

I'm not convinced that that would kill you

50 wouldn;t there is a formulae 1.7g per 1KG body wieght 50% of peole
would be killed is the estimate.

Which is nothing like 50 pills. Try 1K for a 60Kg person.

Like I said 50 might not kill you but can cause damage and most likely to cause organ damage.

and that is a completely separate matter to your claim I
commented on, whether most who suicide aren't thinking straight.

Those that attempt it with asprin/paracetomol aren't in their right mind.

Or are just pig ignorant.

either way the result is the same.

Or do you think that those that go to switzerland for euthanasia
are stupid because they could just go to a supermarket and buy
a couple of 100 pills for a fraction of the air fare ?

That wont kill them with aspirin.

http://www.naturalnews.com/027548_sw...eath_risk.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspirin_poisoning

http://adjusthealth.info/index.php?o...=24&Itemid=189

It can be done if you take enough depending on the individual and whether or not they've taken anything else.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...racetamol.html

Because that IS a fact. about 35p for 16 pills of 300mg.

Which wont kill you with aspirin.

It can.

we have speed restrictions on roads,

So does the US and almost everywhere else.

And they do that because speed doesn't do any damage is that it.
Why don't you explin why we have speed limits .

and the FACT that those people that do attempt to
kill themselves by that method fail but end up with
some such disability as liver failer and need treatment.

I just don't believe that many actually attempt
to kill themselves using lots of aspirins.

Well you're wrong

Nope.

ask the medical profession.

They wouldn't know.

So the professional's dont; know but you do is that it.

For most it's a cry for help

Which aint suicide, stupid.

It's not suicide if they survive well done.

Did you know it's also not murder if the victim survives they call it attempted murder.

it was with my flatmat which is why she phoned her friend
after taking the pills saying where she was but don;t come
to help her as she'd taken a bottle of pills to kill herself.

So it wasn't suicide, stupid.

Well done stupid, I never said my flatmat commided suicide did I stupid.

You just don;t phone a friend with a car that lives 10mins away
and tell them where you are if you truely want to kill yourself.

So it wasn't suicide, stupid.

Yes I know stupid.
Where did I say she commited suicide stupid. ?

Then there's still the 'accidental' overdose

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspirin_poisoning#Severity

If you're taking other medicines and asprin you might

exceed a safe limit which is about 4g per day.

But the limit on how many you can buy will have no effect on that.

But if you can buy large quantities it will be easier to take more than 4g per day. A pack of 16 (pretty much the maxium pack size sold in the UK) is 4.8g, then you have to go out and buy more.
Buy a bottle of 100 and you get 30g. Why not buy a few bottles 3 for teh price of 2.

You do realise that you can even be killed by drinking too much water.

But there is no limit on how much of that you can buy at a time.

Why would there be if no ones ever treid to drink water in order to commit suicide.

You can do that with spirits too, and there is no limit on
how much of that you can buy at a time in a bottle either.

But thre's an age limit.
Why if it's no more dangerous than cola.

People think all headache pills can kill

I doubt too many think that about aspirin.

They don't need to they just have to be availble when required.

and they can, depending on quantity.

Its just not feasible to take 1K aspirins.

You don't need to take that many can be as few as 25 for kids.

I just don't believe that many would buy 100 or 200 jars of paracetamol.

You don't need to buy them they just need to be at hand at the 'right
time'.

They wouldn't be on hand at the right time unless you buy them.

The 15 pills my friend took were not hers, she lived in a house of 5 unrelated people. With kids it's usually the parents that buy bteh pills.

So was putting child proof caps on bottles,

Those are much more of a problem for those with arthritis etc.

Doesn't stop them being made does it.

Just the sort of place you'll go to when suffering depretion a 'party'

and anyway there's moves to stop those helium ballon sellers,

Not by anyone that matters.

We'll see.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...schoolboy.html

Because its obviously possible to kill yourself accidentally,

So there must be a way of reducing such accidents.

particularly given that helium has an interesting effect on
your voice.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-11810372

He did not try to commit suicide, he was killed in an accident,

It was a she.

Sorry I was thinking of the suicide, which was a he.

you can stop such accidents by baning these ballons
or requiring a license to sell them with helium.

That wouldn't stop someone from breathing it out of the balloon.

That is not the aim is it, but then agin fining peole for driving above 100MPH doesn;t stop them either does it. ?
So why both having speed limits ?

Which is what they plan to do.

Bet they don't, because there is no viable alternative for balloons.

tough **** there's was no availble alternative to hydrogen for the zepplins..
The world will function quite well without helium party balloons, in fact it'd probbaly be better for teh world, if helium is as poisonous as you suggest.

and then there's cost.

It doesn't cost enough to matter.

What doesn;t cost enough ?

Helium.

Suprised terrorists don't use it tehn if it's as dangerous as you say.

Most people that think of killing themselves do it on the spot and use
whatever is to hand they don;t normally go out and purchase items.

You don't know that.

I do, it's not the first time I've discussed this. I've known
3 people who have attempted to kill themselves. One
ended up in goodmayes psychiatric hospital.

The technical term for that is 'pathetically inadequate sample'

Then read the websites about it.

Been there, done that.

and failed.

I actually know more than that who have chosen to
get what they need to kill themselves reliably if they
ever decide that they want to do that and all of those
have done that by going out and purchasing items.

So what did they buy.

All of the obvious alternatives, suicide bags, barbiturates,
nembutal, helium.

No.
http://lostallhope.com/suicide-stati...ethods-suicide

under 2% for gases.

The one that has killed himself successfully used a rope.

How much rope ?, would he have used rope

if it were only sold in 1 inch lenghts ?

That's never going to happen.

Doesn't matter if teh rope wasn;t availble he wouldn;t have been able to use it to commide suicide.

These people aren't normally in their 'right mind' at the time.

Sure, those spontaneous ones, but there are plenty

of others that are, most obviously with euthanasia.

Which is also illegal in the UK.

Not if you do it to yourself.

Then it's not euthanasia is it.

Corse it is.

euthanasia and sucide ARE differnt even if
teh end result is the same. i.e a corpse.

Wrong.

You're wrong. You don;t even know the differnce between the two terms.

Much more effective to get some helium
that's used for party balloons and use that.

It's not that effective and unlikely to kill you.

Its completely effective and always kills you
when you ensure that that is all you breath.

Which isn't that easy to do,

Bull****. Its completely trivial with a bag over your head.

putting a bag over yuor head doesn;t kill you.

Even you'd be able to manage that.

it's still doesn't kill you.

What kills you is lack of oxygen so why do you feel the need to buy helium to kill yuorself ?

which is one you can count on one hand the
number of people that have died in such a way.

Bull****.

Then prove it, list the number of people that have commited suicide by helium,
I bet (UK) I can count them on one hand.

The other obvious approach is nembutal,
trivially available in the third world over
the counter in places like Mexico.

A doubt many thinking of suicide would
think of buying a ticket to mexico.

Plenty have done that.

them list them.

yeah sure, it's quite comoon for people
going to mexico to buy paracetomol.
I must do it next time I need a packet.

They don't do that because they can buy it at home.

Sure they can, they have to don;load a special browser, to go to what is otherwise an illigel site which sells drugs illegally.

Doesn;t that give you a clue, in that if something isn't availble easily it's less likely to be used, do you fail to understand such a simple concept.
Do you know why more people in america are killed by guns than in the UK per heap of population.

It also cost about $120 g and typically need 10g or more to make sure.

Two years ago you could by dehydrated water on the net.

Its easy to test whether what you bought is nembutal.

I would hope it would be labeled as such, but why can't you get it from a UK store ?

There's even been a far better suggestion in this NG, but
make sure you have the £20 on you before you do it.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BjIKPAmCcAA31T3.jpg

That approach is very unreliable.

Not as unrelible as other methods,

Bull****.

Lots of people died from electric shock every year.

http://www.electricalsafetyfirst.org...ch/statistics/

plenty of people die from electricution.

**** all do in fact.

lots to do with it, as it's one way to kill yourself.