Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Homobase

whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
whisky-dave wrote

I'm not convinced that that would kill you

50 wouldn;t there is a formulae 1.7g per 1KG body
wieght 50% of peole would be killed is the estimate.

Which is nothing like 50 pills. Try 1K for a 60Kg person.

Like I said 50 might not kill you

Definitely wont with aspirin.

but can cause damage and most likely to cause organ damage.

Unlikely.

and that is a completely separate matter to your claim I commented
on, whether most who suicide aren't thinking straight.

Those that attempt it with asprin/paracetomol aren't in their right
mind.

Or are just pig ignorant.

either way the result is the same.

Irrelevant to that claim of yours I commented on.

Or do you think that those that go to switzerland for euthanasia
are stupid because they could just go to a supermarket and buy
a couple of 100 pills for a fraction of the air fare ?

That wont kill them with aspirin.

http://www.naturalnews.com/027548_sw...eath_risk.html

That doesn't say that 100 aspirin pills will kill you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspirin_poisoning

That says that 100 aspirin pills wont kill you.

http://adjusthealth.info/index.php?o...=24&Itemid=189

That doesn't say that 100 aspirin pills will kill you.

It can be done if you take enough depending on the
individual and whether or not they've taken anything else.

Bull**** with aspirin. You just cant take enough or keep them down to do
that.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...racetamol.html

Paracetamol aint aspirin, stupid.

Because that IS a fact. about 35p for 16 pills of 300mg.

Which wont kill you with aspirin.

It can.

Only if you choke on them. You can do that with 5, stupid.

we have speed restrictions on roads,

So does the US and almost everywhere else.

And they do that because speed doesn't do any damage is that it.

Nope.

Why don't you explin why we have speed limits .

It isnt relevant to why only Britain has been stupid enough
to ban the sales of more than 100 aspirins at a time.

and the FACT that those people that do attempt to
kill themselves by that method fail but end up with
some such disability as liver failer and need treatment.

I just don't believe that many actually attempt
to kill themselves using lots of aspirins.

Well you're wrong

Nope.

ask the medical profession.

They wouldn't know.

So the professional's dont; know

Never said that.

but you do is that it.

Nope.

For most it's a cry for help

Which aint suicide, stupid.

It's not suicide if they survive well done.

It aint suicide if they ring someone up who can do
something to stop them killing themselves, stupid.

Did you know it's also not murder if the
victim survives they call it attempted murder.

If you can't manage anything better than this sort of
pathetic **** I will be pulling the plug on the rest of
your pathetic ****.

it was with my flatmat which is why she phoned her friend
after taking the pills saying where she was but don;t come
to help her as she'd taken a bottle of pills to kill herself.

So it wasn't suicide, stupid.

Well done stupid, I never said my flatmat commided suicide did I stupid.

We were discussing suicide, ****wit.

You just don;t phone a friend with a car that lives 10mins away
and tell them where you are if you truely want to kill yourself.

So it wasn't suicide, stupid.

Yes I know stupid.
Where did I say she commited suicide stupid. ?

We were discussing suicide, ****wit.

Then there's still the 'accidental' overdose

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspirin_poisoning#Severity

If you're taking other medicines and asprin you might

exceed a safe limit which is about 4g per day.

But the limit on how many you can buy will have no effect on that.

But if you can buy large quantities it will be easier to take more than 4g
per day.

You can buy 100 aspirins at a time legally, stupid.

A pack of 16 (pretty much the maxium pack size sold in the UK)

But you are welcome to buy 6 of those at a time even in Britain, stupid.

is 4.8g, then you have to go out and buy more.

Nope, you are welcome to buy 6 of those packs at the same time.

Buy a bottle of 100

Which is perfectly legal in Britain. And you can buy 6 packs of 16 too.

and you get 30g. Why not buy a few bottles 3 for teh price of 2.

Because they are likely to have passed their useby
date by the time you have used them, stupid.

You do realise that you can even be killed by drinking too much water.

But there is no limit on how much of that you can buy at a time.

Why would there be if no ones ever treid
to drink water in order to commit suicide.

There have actually been a few that stupid.

You can do that with spirits too, and there is no limit on
how much of that you can buy at a time in a bottle either.

But thre's an age limit.

Irrelevant to what can kill you.

Why if it's no more dangerous than cola.

No one ever said that its no more dangerous than cola.

People think all headache pills can kill

I doubt too many think that about aspirin.

They don't need to they just have to be availble when required.

They wont be trying to kill themselves with aspirins
if they don't think that will kill them, stupid.

and they can, depending on quantity.

Its just not feasible to take 1K aspirins.

You don't need to take that many can be as few as 25 for kids.

How odd that its perfectly legal to buy 6 packs of 16 even in Britain.

I just don't believe that many would buy 100 or 200 jars of
paracetamol.

You don't need to buy them they just need to be at hand at the 'right
time'.

They wouldn't be on hand at the right time unless you buy them.

The 15 pills my friend took were not hers, she lived in a house of 5
unrelated people.

You can't kill yourself with the 100 aspirins that they could have bought at
once.

With kids it's usually the parents that buy bteh pills.

And they are welcome to buy 6 packs of 16 aspirins if they want to.

Just the sort of place you'll go to when suffering depretion a 'party'
and anyway there's moves to stop those helium ballon sellers,

Not by anyone that matters.

We'll see.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...schoolboy.html

That wasn't a call to stop those helium balloon sellers.

Because its obviously possible to kill yourself accidentally,

So there must be a way of reducing such accidents.

There isnt if you want to still have party balloons.

particularly given that helium has an interesting effect on your voice.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-11810372

He did not try to commit suicide, he was killed in an accident,

It was a she.

Sorry I was thinking of the suicide, which was a he.

And that article points out that quite a few do choose to
use helium to suicide, in spite of your claim that few do.

you can stop such accidents by baning these ballons
or requiring a license to sell them with helium.

That wouldn't stop someone from breathing it out of the balloon.

That is not the aim is it,

Corse it is with that accidental death.

but then agin fining peole for driving above 100MPH doesn;t
stop them either does it. ? So why both having speed limits ?

Because fining people for exceeding the speed limit
does see quite a few stay below the speed limit, stupid.

Which is what they plan to do.

Bet they don't, because there is no viable alternative for balloons.

tough **** there's was no availble alternative to hydrogen for the
zepplins.
The world will function quite well without helium party balloons,

Just as true of all sort of things we arent actually stupid enough
to ban just because they might be used to kill yourself.

in fact it'd probbaly be better for teh world,
if helium is as poisonous as you suggest.

I never ever said that its poisonous at all.

The reason it is used to suicide with is because its
the second most readily available to the general
public INERT gas that works fine to suppress the
suffocation reflex you get with suicide bags.

and then there's cost.

It doesn't cost enough to matter.

What doesn;t cost enough ?

Helium.

Suprised terrorists don't use it tehn
if it's as dangerous as you say.

I never said its dangerous.

Even someone as stupid as you should have
noticed that its no use to terrorists at all.

Most people that think of killing themselves do it on the spot and
use
whatever is to hand they don;t normally go out and purchase items.

You don't know that.

I do, it's not the first time I've discussed this. I've known
3 people who have attempted to kill themselves. One
ended up in goodmayes psychiatric hospital.

The technical term for that is 'pathetically inadequate sample'

Then read the websites about it.

Been there, done that.

and failed.

You're lying thru you teeth as you always do when you
have got done like a ****ing dinner, as you always are.

I actually know more than that who have chosen to
get what they need to kill themselves reliably if they
ever decide that they want to do that and all of those
have done that by going out and purchasing items.

So what did they buy.

All of the obvious alternatives, suicide
bags, barbiturates, nembutal, helium.

No.

Yep.

http://lostallhope.com/suicide-stati...ethods-suicide

under 2% for gases.

The helium suicides are included in the suffocation at the top, 51%

The one that has killed himself successfully used a rope.

How much rope ?, would he have used rope

if it were only sold in 1 inch lenghts ?

That's never going to happen.

Doesn't matter

Corse it does.

if teh rope wasn;t availble

It always will be.

he wouldn;t have been able to use it to commide suicide.

These people aren't normally in their 'right mind' at the time.

Sure, those spontaneous ones, but there are plenty
of others that are, most obviously with euthanasia.

Which is also illegal in the UK.

Not if you do it to yourself.

Then it's not euthanasia is it.

Corse it is.

euthanasia and sucide ARE differnt even if
teh end result is the same. i.e a corpse.

Wrong.

You're wrong.

Nope.

You don;t even know the differnce between the two terms.

They aren't mutually exclusive.

Its still euthanasia if you do it to yourself.

Much more effective to get some helium
that's used for party balloons and use that.

It's not that effective and unlikely to kill you.

Its completely effective and always kills you
when you ensure that that is all you breath.

Which isn't that easy to do,

Bull****. Its completely trivial with a bag over your head.

putting a bag over yuor head doesn;t kill you.

It does if you use an airtight bag and
get a decent seal around your neck.

Even you'd be able to manage that.

it's still doesn't kill you.

It does if you use an airtight bag and
get a decent seal around your neck.

What kills you is lack of oxygen so why do you
feel the need to buy helium to kill yuorself ?

Because any inert gas avoids the suffocation reflex
you get if there ends up with just CO2 in the bag.

which is one you can count on one hand the
number of people that have died in such a way.

Bull****.

Then prove it,

You just did with
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...schoolboy.html

list the number of people that have commited suicide by helium,

I haven't noticed any list of those.

I bet (UK) I can count them on one hand.

You've just lost that bet with
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...schoolboy.html
alone.

The other obvious approach is nembutal,
trivially available in the third world over
the counter in places like Mexico.

A doubt many thinking of suicide would
think of buying a ticket to mexico.

Plenty have done that.

them list them.

Go and **** yourself.

yeah sure, it's quite comoon for people
going to mexico to buy paracetomol.
I must do it next time I need a packet.

They don't do that because they can buy it at home.

Sure they can, they have to don;load a special browser,

Bull****.

to go to what is otherwise an illigel site

Bull****.

which sells drugs illegally.

Doesn;t that give you a clue, in that if something
isn't availble easily it's less likely to be used,

Pity about all that other stuff that will always be available easily.

do you fail to understand such a simple concept.

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

Do you know why more people in america are killed
by guns than in the UK per heap of population.

Even someone as stupid as you should be able to work that out.

It also cost about $120 g

Bull**** it does.

and typically need 10g or more to make sure.

Two years ago you could by dehydrated water on the net.

Its easy to test whether what you bought is nembutal.

I would hope it would be labeled as such,

Doesn't mean it is what its labelled as in a third world country, stupid.

but why can't you get it from a UK store ?

Because its too easy to use to kill yourself.

There's even been a far better suggestion in this NG, but
make sure you have the £20 on you before you do it.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BjIKPAmCcAA31T3.jpg

That approach is very unreliable.

Not as unrelible as other methods,

Bull****.

Lots of people died from electric shock every year.

**** all kill themselves that way deliberately.

http://www.electricalsafetyfirst.org...ch/statistics/

28 is **** all.

plenty of people die from electricution.

**** all do in fact.

lots to do with it, as it's one way to kill yourself.

**** all are that stupid.