Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Lets roll!

On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 16:28:31 -0700, Gunner Asch wrote:

On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 15:10:53 -0400, "
wrote:

Take a look at the walther 22 semi pistol
http://www.americanrifleman.org/arti...er-p22-review/

I was thinking about getting SWMBO a Walther PPK/S but couldn't decide on .32
or .380.

380. Only James Bond would depend on the .32

And the .380 is "way way light"

Is it better to carry a .380 (or .32) or to not carry a .45?

Posted to alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

Default Ballistic Nylon - what is it? Lets roll!

"Michael A. Terrell" on Sat, 28 Jul 2012
17:52:39 -0400 typed in alt.survival the following:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

"HeyBub" on Sat, 28 Jul 2012 06:39:30 -0500
typed in alt.survival the following:

* Holmes WAS wearing a "ballistic nylon" vest. Ignorant journalists
immediately morphed this into "body armor." Something made of "ballistic
nylon" won't stop squat, let alone a bullet.

What is, exactly "ballistic nylon"?

Nylon panties worn by mail carriers who are about to 'Go Postal'. ;-)

ROFL.

thanks, I think.

pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich
Most journalists these days couldn't investigate a missing chocolate cake
Posted to alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

" on Sat, 28 Jul 2012
15:17:33 -0400 typed in alt.survival the following:
On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 09:32:47 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" on Sat, 28 Jul 2012
07:59:39 -0400 typed in alt.survival the following:

HeyBub wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote:

It was for an engineer friend working for the same construction
company I worked for out in The Pacific at the missile range when the
company got contracts to build U.S. Embassies in various countries
around the globe. For some odd reason, the government is kinda picky
about security at embassies. You could look up balanced magnetic door
switches of a few types, some more secure than others and harder if
not impossible to defeat. O_o

In the opening episode of this season's "Breaking Bad," the cops raided the
headquarters of the bad guy. The cops confiscated a laptop computer and
checked it into the police property room. Obviously, when the cops got
around to looking through the computer's files, Walt and his buddy would be
screwed. Oh, what to do?

The got an OLD delivery truck with an aluminum shell. In this truck, they
mounted the business end of a magnetic junk crane, you know the type, about
five feet in diameter and capable of picking up trashed automobiles. Also in
the van they mounted 42 heavy-duty batteries.

During the night, they drove the truck up against the back wall of the
police property room and threw the switch.

It was a hoot to see all the shelving and metal property leave its location
and hug the wall!

The cops were, um, call it confused to see everything in the property room
in disarray. Then they found the truck, tipped over against the back wall.

Where there's a will, there's a way.

It takes an alternating magnetic field to demagnatise a disk and the
permananat magnets inside the drive have a higher density that that
would have provided.

Aren't the electromagnets on those booms A/C powered?

Perhaps, but "42 heavy duty batteries" aren't. ;-)

Good point.

OTOH, in "Cryptonepricon" (Or however it is spelled - Neil
Stephenson's book) the "good guys" built large magnetic coils into the
door and window frames of the server room. Any computer drive taken
out of the server room without first killing the main power - got
wiped. When they said they offered secure data storage, they meant
it.

I doubt they could get the magnetic flux density necessary to write a modern
disk drive.

Oh they did get the necessary flux density. It was, after all, a
Major Plot Point.

In the real world - just a matter of engineering.

Of course, you can't expect a script writer to
know that. Like an episode of McGyver years ago: He was inside a
nuclear reactor and the control for the 'alarm system' was built on
Radio Shack perf board.

Good thing, I've talked with many friends over the years about how
They got Missile (etc) Security all wrong - and the consensus was
usually "Do you really want them to get it right?"

Right. No need to know. It just ruins the story line. ;-)

OTOH, I understand that Tom Clancy has been interviewed a couple of times
because of some of the details in his submarine scenes.

A) the SF story publish in 1942 about the making of an "atomic
bomb" which got the author a visit from the FBI. (And there was a
short story some years later, about how a guy got tired of the bad
props for a science fiction series, so made some "realistic" ones.
They were accepted, and soon, the series was a mega hit because it all
seemed "real". Then one evening, he answers the door, and mistakes
the person at the door for the FBI, before spotting the "Flying
Saucer" in the driveway.)

B) "The Secret that exploded" - after a while, if you speak the
jive of the tribe, they assume you too have the necessary clearance.
--
pyotr filipivich
Most journalists these days couldn't investigate a missing chocolate cake
at a pre-school without a Democrat office holder telling them what to look for,
where, and why it is Geroge Bush's fault.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

The Daring Dufas wrote:

I'm not a veteran but I know it's a shame the way or military veterans
are treated by our government. Hell, Islamic terrorist prisoners are
probably treated with more respect. I tried to join twice but was turned
away for medical reasons. Funny thing, I was in college during The
Vietnam War and my contemporaries were running to Canada, shooting a toe
off, claiming to be queer or a minister in The Kazoo Church. I tried to
join and was turned down. It was 35 years before I discovered the secret
to avoiding the military during The Vietnam era, it was "allergies", if
you had allergies you weren't any good for target practice. I found it
out after telling a friend who was a retired recruiter for The Army. He
told me "allergies" was THE BIG SECRET for legally avoiding The Draft.
Heck I signed up for The Air Force because they had the best electronic
toys. It was a big disappointment to be turned down. O_o

I wasn't allowed to join because of five medical 4F ratings, so they
drafted me. I was interested in the Air Force for Avionincs traning,
but ended up as a broadcast engineer for AFRTS after I was drafted.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 16:22:03 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

A Ruger 10-22 is not a bad compromise for someone with hand
disabilities. Its a moderately short semiautomatic 22 rifle.

A great rifle. At 50 yards, with scope you can put all ten rounds
inside a match box. At night you can kill a gator with a single shot
in his eye - that takes part of his skull off or directly hits the
brain.. .22 LRHP

I think there are now 20 or 30 round mags, I have not checked them.
Ten rounds is good for a charging deer- shot in the lungs face front.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

The Daring Dufas wrote:

Well, a sissy isn't going to attack me unless you think I could die from
having my butt grabbed. O_o

They might beat you up with a purse, with a brick in it.
Posted to alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote:

[...]

Unless science trumps engineering. Getting that sort of flux density over a
large area tends to cause "problems".

[...]

"You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of
sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose
boundaries are that of imagination. That's the signpost up ahead—
your next stop, the Twilight Zone!"

B) "The Secret that exploded" - after a while, if you speak the
jive of the tribe, they assume you too have the necessary clearance.

AIUI, he was allowed a tour of a boomer but all of the classified stuff was
covered. His imagination just filled in the "obvious". IIRC, the issue was
the SONAR station.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

The Daring Dufas wrote:

What worries me is a home defense situation where I'm awakened by a
goblin at the door and my hands don't work too well when I'm first
awakened. If I close my hands, one or more fingers stick and won't
open normally until my hands warmup. Long gone are the days when I
could jump out of bed and spring into action. I've seen some material
on modifying trigger assemblies on home defense shotguns to make it
easier for someone with arthritis to fire the weapon. I live in pain
but it would be a lot worse if I sat around instead of pushing myself.
Me and JH are looking for a young guy to help us pull wire and cable
and climb around in ceilings, someone around 50 years old. ^_^

I had some punk ask me if I had a gun to protect myself when i lived
up north. I told him I wasn't afraid of his little gang. He asked,
What would you do if you woke in the middle of the night to find someone
in your bedroom? I smiled & told him that there were two steps that
squeaked, and I was a very light sleeper. He wanted to know what that
meant, so I smiled and told him there was a 200+ pound TV in my bedroom,
and I wouldn't hesitate to shove it down the stairs. He still didn't
get it, so I explained that when he and the TV console hit the landing,
he'd end up laying there dead in my basement while I called the police
to report that some loser tried to steal more TV than he could carry.
He had the nerve to call me crazy! ;-)
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

The Daring Dufas wrote:

Some of my cop friends have dealt with violent critters hopped up on
angel dust and one of the dusted had his legs shot to bits but kept
coming at the officers like he didn't notice. It took a head shot to
put him down. There are zombies among us so we must be vigilant. O_o

And not vote any more of them into office.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Thanks. I just got a new power connector for that laptop. It's
going to be fun to replace.

I am confident it will be successfully repaired and go to a worthy
veteran.

I have more stuff to send, no time to pack it, sigh.

technomaNge

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

A Ruger 10-22 is not a bad compromise for someone with hand
disabilities. Its a moderately short semiautomatic 22 rifle.

A great rifle. At 50 yards, with scope you can put all ten rounds
inside a match box. At night you can kill a gator with a single shot
in his eye - that takes part of his skull off or directly hits the
brain.. .22 LRHP

I think there are now 20 or 30 round mags, I have not checked them.
Ten rounds is good for a charging deer- shot in the lungs face front.

As I said in another post, a friend had a 250 round magazine for his 10/22. It
took a while to load, though.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

The Daring Dufas wrote:

Do you laugh your ass off watching low budget SciFi shows where the
engine room of the giant alien space cruiser is actually a chiller
plant for an big building's air conditioning system? Placards with
alien looking symbols cover the nameplates with Carrier, York, Trane
and Square D printed on them. It hurts to laugh that hard sometimes. ^_^

I LOVE that crap. Sometimes I need a good laugh and it never fails
to deliver. OTOH, I got bored and wrote a Sci-Fi trilogy about 25 years
ago that had a lot of hidden puns. The 286 computer was brand new and
bragging about 12 MHz processors on a 16 bit data bus. The computer in
the story had a 4 GHz processor with a 1024 bit data bus, and used FTL
technology to eliminate the bottleneck between the the processor and
memory. No hard drives, it used 'Crystal Memory' A terabyte per cubic
inch, and one engineer is complaining he only has 10 memory modules.
They are each 20'*20'*100', and he's complaining. ;-)

Then there's the working transporter they developed, along with lots
of other off the wall technology. ;-)
Posted to alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

Oren wrote:

On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 17:52:39 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

What is, exactly "ballistic nylon"?

Nylon panties worn by mail carriers who are about to 'Go Postal'. ;-)

http://i1-news.softpedia-static.com/images/news2/Big-Bloomers-Makes-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXL-Knickers-for-Extra-Large-Women-2.jpg

An old daytime TV talk show in Cincinnati, Ohio (The 50/50 Club) had
a warmup comic who would toss a pair of even bigger panties up into the
lighting grid to get the women laughing just before the show started.

The show started out on radio, and the tiny studio only seated 50
guests, and later they expanded to allow for another 50. She was a real
part of early broadcast history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruth_Ly...broadcaster%29

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in
message ...

What worries me is a home defense situation where I'm awakened by a
goblin at the door and my hands don't work too well when I'm first
awakened. TDD

Could you strengthen the door instead?

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 20:22:23 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote:

[...]

They still had Microsoft in the story, huh?

Then there's the working transporter they developed, along with lots
of other off the wall technology. ;-)

Posted to alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

pyotr filipivich wrote:

"HeyBub" on Sat, 28 Jul 2012 06:39:30 -0500
typed in alt.survival the following:

* Holmes WAS wearing a "ballistic nylon" vest. Ignorant journalists
immediately morphed this into "body armor." Something made of "ballistic
nylon" won't stop squat, let alone a bullet.

What is, exactly "ballistic nylon"?

Nylon panties worn by mail carriers who are about to 'Go Postal'. ;-)

ROFL.

thanks, I think.

I'm just saying that if you see their panties and a gun, HIDE! ;-)
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in
message ...

Do you laugh your ass off watching low budget SciFi shows where the
engine room of the giant alien space cruiser is actually a chiller
plant for an big building's air conditioning system? Placards with
alien looking symbols cover the nameplates with Carrier, York, Trane
and Square D printed on them. It hurts to laugh that hard sometimes.
^_^

TDD

I choked up with laughter at the submarine's control room in The Fifth
Missile which was a row of old Tektronix 5## tube scopes on carts.

jsw

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

A Ruger 10-22 is not a bad compromise for someone with hand
disabilities. Its a moderately short semiautomatic 22 rifle.

A great rifle. At 50 yards, with scope you can put all ten rounds
inside a match box. At night you can kill a gator with a single shot
in his eye - that takes part of his skull off or directly hits the
brain.. .22 LRHP

I think there are now 20 or 30 round mags, I have not checked them.
Ten rounds is good for a charging deer- shot in the lungs face front.

As I said in another post, a friend had a 250 round magazine for his 10/22. It
took a while to load, though.

I think I missed the mention of that. Even the 10 round mag is
excellent. Shoot a deer in the ear at 50 yards and he drops. (.22
LRHP Magnum rounds) ... nearly knocks his antlers off.

The 10/22 is a fine small rifle...

Posted to alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 20:46:25 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Nylon panties worn by mail carriers who are about to 'Go Postal'. ;-)

ROFL.

thanks, I think.

I'm just saying that if you see their panties and a gun, HIDE! ;-)

Take a pair of those super large panties, the really big ones, and
hide a pair under the front seat of a friend (or enemy). Wait until
his wife finds them. ( hint, hint he cheated on you last night )

http://www.wastesomecash.com/huge-panties.html

Hide from the bride's reckless display of her gun.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

technomaNge wrote:

Thanks. I just got a new power connector for that laptop. It's
going to be fun to replace.

I am confident it will be successfully repaired and go to a worthy
veteran.

I have more stuff to send, no time to pack it, sigh.

No problem. I'm trying to get caught up. I want to empty a 12'*12'
building by my driveway and convert it into a real electronics shop.
That will cost me at least $1,000 and I'll hjave to deal with zoning &
code enforcement. Is now a criminal act to do lousy repairs. I even
need a building permit to replace some rotten gateposts. The only thing
that doesn't require a permit is to replace sidewalks, if you're
disabled. In a way I was thrilled when construction slowed down. Code
Enforcment had to lay off over 75% of the inspectors, and prices on
building materials dropped back to where they belong. Several 'trade
only' building smaretial suppliers are now open to the public in an
attempt to keep their doors open. They just can't understand why people
aren't flocking through their doors after decades of being told, 'We
don't need your business'. Some people?

No matter, I'm going to do some of the work anyway.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

" wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

I was talking about you spending too much time at the keyboard, and
staring at the electron gun over the decades.

LCD fixed that. All better now. ;-)

Sure, after all that damage was done to your head by a steady stream
of high speed electrons. ;-)
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

A Ruger 10-22 is not a bad compromise for someone with hand
disabilities. Its a moderately short semiautomatic 22 rifle.

A great rifle. At 50 yards, with scope you can put all ten rounds
inside a match box. At night you can kill a gator with a single shot
in his eye - that takes part of his skull off or directly hits the
brain.. .22 LRHP

I think there are now 20 or 30 round mags, I have not checked them.
Ten rounds is good for a charging deer- shot in the lungs face front.

As I said in another post, a friend had a 250 round magazine for his 10/22. It
took a while to load, though.

From a movie set, no doubt. "OK boys, he's fired all six shells! get
him before he can reload!!!" Then come the other 244! ;-)
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote:

[...]

No, just too many plugins, and the ability to convert & run software
written for any processor or OS in the new systems native code. MS could
never write code like that.

Then there's the working transporter they developed, along with lots
of other off the wall technology. ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Jim Wilkins wrote:

I choked up with laughter at the submarine's control room in The Fifth
Missile which was a row of old Tektronix 5## tube scopes on carts.

How about 'Plan 9 from Outer Space'? Things sitting around in the
'space ship' that would go flying onto the deck if it ever moved. Or
'Voyage to the bottom of the sea' that couldn't do anything without a
steam line rupturing. I bet the crew of the Nautilus laughed their
asses off at the 'Seaview'.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

The Daring Dufas wrote:

[...]

They respect crazy, they will run from crazy. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/28/2012 7:41 PM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"The Daring Dufas" wrote in
message ...

What worries me is a home defense situation where I'm awakened by a
goblin at the door and my hands don't work too well when I'm first
awakened. TDD

Could you strengthen the door instead?

I've installed a number of metal door for customers in their businesses.
I could have fun getting with my friend who owns a
metal fabrication shop and build a 1/4" thick steel entry door
and steel frame that could frustrate even a SWAT team battering
ram. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/28/2012 5:40 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 17:29:22 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

Take a look at the walther 22 semi pistol
http://www.americanrifleman.org/arti...er-p22-review/

I've shot a few of them.. small calibre, but if you can't make the bad guy
**** off after emptying the clip of CCI stingers, you have a bigger
problem anyway.

Many folks are having problems with those cute little guns so I'd be
looking at something else. The only pistol that ever seemed to fit my
hand was a Desert Eagle .50 cal. ^_^

TDD

You must have big feet :-\

I'm wearing size 14 shoes. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

wrote:

Nylon panties worn by mail carriers who are about to 'Go Postal'. ;-)

ROFL.

thanks, I think.

I'm just saying that if you see their panties and a gun, HIDE! ;-)

Take a pair of those super large panties, the really big ones, and
hide a pair under the front seat of a friend (or enemy). Wait until
his wife finds them. ( hint, hint he cheated on you last night )

http://www.wastesomecash.com/huge-panties.html

Hide from the bride's reckless display of her gun.

An old joke, probably from Reader's Digest:

Charlie is changing clothes at the gym and the other guys jaws drop
when they see that he's wearing a very tight girdle. One asks, When did
you start a gridle? He turned red & said, Since my wife found it under
the seat of my car the other day.

Do you remember Tech TV when it was a computer related TV network?
They published a list of the '10 worst Christmas presents' one year, and
this was on the list. I'll bet TMT & Hawkie shop he
http://manties.net/

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

The Daring Dufas wrote:

They respect crazy, they will run from crazy. ^_^

My neighbors couldn't understand why I was the only one in the area
that they didn't steal from or vandalize my property. ;-)
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/28/2012 4:02 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 05:28:50 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

And to educate you it'sPLUNK notplink- Hide quoted text -

It is PLONK

Itsplink when flicking a tiny little booger into the metal trash
can..as it bounces off the back and spirals to the trash below.

Which is why I use it when dealing with leftwingers. They are of zero
account. Much like scratching ones ass.

Gunner

I figure everyone has their own style. I like plop or 'plop, plop,
fizz, fizz - oh what a relief it is'. That way they can be a turd or an
Alka-seltzer, your choice. )

But I rarely put posters in the kill file.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

The Daring Dufas wrote:

On 7/28/2012 7:41 PM, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"The Daring Dufas" wrote in
message ...

What worries me is a home defense situation where I'm awakened by a
goblin at the door and my hands don't work too well when I'm first
awakened. TDD

Could you strengthen the door instead?

I've installed a number of metal door for customers in their businesses.
I could have fun getting with my friend who owns a
metal fabrication shop and build a 1/4" thick steel entry door
and steel frame that could frustrate even a SWAT team battering
ram. ^_^

A couple of my steel doors weigh over 200 lbs each. I used them on
the shop buildings. I just hope I never need the torch to cut my way
in, since it's kept locked behind one of those doors.

That was one of my better deals. I bought them from a surplus
building supply place for $20 each. They were left over from some job
and had a piece of sheet metal spot welded to cover some extra slots. A
few minutes with a chisel and a grinder and there was no sign they were
ever there. They have a very high fire rating.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 20:37:58 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

Many folks are having problems with those cute little guns so I'd be
looking at something else. The only pistol that ever seemed to fit my
hand was a Desert Eagle .50 cal. ^_^

TDD

You must have big feet :-\

I'm wearing size 14 shoes. ^_^

TDD

Those alone should be an adequate deterrent. :-\
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/28/2012 6:22 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 07:04:05 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 7/28/2012 6:09 AM, HeyBub wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:

Heck, I'm disabled, can't run and I'm not bullet proof so I suppose I
could limp away as quickly as I could or do whatever I could to
protect a child from a lunatic. O_o

You might consider configuring your situation to provide another choice:
Returning fire.

I've been thinking of getting a firearm again but the only problem for
me is my arthritic hands. I can't even shake hand with folks at times
because of it and I cant imagine the pain the recoil of any type gun
would cause me much less being able to hold on to the darn thing. The
last pistol I owned was a 9mm Browning Hi-Power which really didn't have
that much kick with standard ball or semi-wadcutter ammo but I had it
loaded with military surplus sub machine gun ammo and the darn thing
kicked like a mule and sounded like a howitzer going off. I'll have to
get a sissy gun I suppose but those can be deadly too. ^_^

TDD

A Ruger 10-22 is not a bad compromise for someone with hand
disabilities. Its a moderately short semiautomatic 22 rifle. A Marlin
Mod 60 is slower to reload..but then it does hold 19 rds of ammo..and is
cheaper.

Use of subgun ammo in a High Power is very very hard on the weapon
itself. Ive seen a number of them come through my hands over the years
that needed extensive rebuilding/repair to be usable again safely.

Standard 127gr JHP is not as hard on the weapon..or the shooter.

Is your trigger finger in as bad shape as the hands? IF you can grab a
handgun..Id suggest a 4" 38 Special with 125gr JHP for serious..and
regular lead ammo for practice.

Gunner

The Hi-Power I owned was a Belgian manufactured pistol and the fellow I
bought it from told me it was a NATO issue weapon. The sub gun ammo was
not what I shot in it for target practice all the time but heck, if some
fool tried to run me down with his car, that ammo would penetrate the
vehicle rather well. The FMJ bullet had a pointed steel center wrapped
in lead inside the copper?/brass? outer shell. It made holes in hard
things quite easily. I never had any kind of feed problems with any ammo
I tried in it, I wish I still had the pistol. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 20:35:18 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

Could you strengthen the door instead?

I've installed a number of metal door for customers in their businesses.
I could have fun getting with my friend who owns a
metal fabrication shop and build a 1/4" thick steel entry door
and steel frame that could frustrate even a SWAT team battering
ram. ^_^

TDD

One night a Mariel Cuban, at USP-Lewisburg, told the officer it was
going to be a "big" night. Later during the 9 O'clock count he passed
each cell on G-Block. Not a soul in sight, until he reached the end
of the range. Sure enough, all of the crooks were in the last cell
(wall blocks removed to scuttle through).

The next day began the task of 1/4" steel plate on the walls and
ceilings. NO more party nights after that. :-\

The standing joke was you could throw a buck-naked Cuban out of an
airplane. When he hit the ground he would have a shank.

Oh the memories....
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Didn't I see that on Monty Python's Flying Circus, but it was a knight and a
sword, not an officer and a handgun.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

Some of my cop friends have dealt with violent critters hopped up on
angel dust and one of the dusted had his legs shot to bits but kept
coming at the officers like he didn't notice. It took a head shot to
put him down. There are zombies among us so we must be vigilant. O_o

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

A Ruger 10-22 is not a bad compromise for someone with hand
disabilities. Its a moderately short semiautomatic 22 rifle.

A great rifle. At 50 yards, with scope you can put all ten rounds
inside a match box. At night you can kill a gator with a single shot
in his eye - that takes part of his skull off or directly hits the
brain.. .22 LRHP

I think there are now 20 or 30 round mags, I have not checked them.
Ten rounds is good for a charging deer- shot in the lungs face front.

There are 25 round mags, I have a half dozen of them for my 10/22.
There are also double-stack 30 round mags and Brownell offers 50 round
mags for the 10/22.
Posted to alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

Do you remember Tech TV when it was a computer related TV network?
They published a list of the '10 worst Christmas presents' one year, and
this was on the list. I'll bet TMT & Hawkie shop he
http://manties.net/

I do NOT want to know what Google search keywords you used
to find that!

technomaNge

Posted to alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

technomaNge wrote:

Do you remember Tech TV when it was a computer related TV network?
They published a list of the '10 worst Christmas presents' one year, and
this was on the list. I'll bet TMT & Hawkie shop he
http://manties.net/

I do NOT want to know what Google search keywords you used
to find that!

Tech TV mentioned that the list of bad gifts was on their website. I
figured it would be things like useless computer accessories, but that
was on the list along with other crap. The sight was so hideous that I
haven't been able to forget the URL. It makes you wonder how they stay
in business, doesn't it?

It's a good URL to leave in someone's browser history when they leave
their computer running, unattended. ;-)

Lets roll! terryc Metalworking 1 July 22nd 12 04:23 AM
Buy to lets Phil Gardner UK diy 457 December 4th 07 01:28 AM
Dassault.Systemes.P3.CATIA.V5R17, GibbsCAM.2006.v8.0.17, Copra Roll Forming v2007, Ubeco Profil Roll Form v4.3, Mazak CPC, FANUC Robotics Simulation, Lantek, AMADA, other ... kashumoto_tokugawa UK diy 1 November 10th 06 07:18 PM
Building the roll part of a roll top desk [email protected] Woodworking 3 July 24th 06 02:26 PM
Refinishing roll part of roll top desk [email protected] Woodworking 3 June 2nd 06 02:31 PM