Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Lets roll!

The Daring Dufas wrote:

I'm not a veteran but I know it's a shame the way or military veterans
are treated by our government. Hell, Islamic terrorist prisoners are
probably treated with more respect. I tried to join twice but was turned
away for medical reasons. Funny thing, I was in college during The
Vietnam War and my contemporaries were running to Canada, shooting a toe
off, claiming to be queer or a minister in The Kazoo Church. I tried to
join and was turned down. It was 35 years before I discovered the secret
to avoiding the military during The Vietnam era, it was "allergies", if
you had allergies you weren't any good for target practice. I found it
out after telling a friend who was a retired recruiter for The Army. He
told me "allergies" was THE BIG SECRET for legally avoiding The Draft.
Heck I signed up for The Air Force because they had the best electronic
toys. It was a big disappointment to be turned down. O_o

I wasn't allowed to join because of five medical 4F ratings, so they
drafted me. I was interested in the Air Force for Avionincs traning,
but ended up as a broadcast engineer for AFRTS after I was drafted.