Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Lets roll!

The Daring Dufas wrote:

What worries me is a home defense situation where I'm awakened by a
goblin at the door and my hands don't work too well when I'm first
awakened. If I close my hands, one or more fingers stick and won't
open normally until my hands warmup. Long gone are the days when I
could jump out of bed and spring into action. I've seen some material
on modifying trigger assemblies on home defense shotguns to make it
easier for someone with arthritis to fire the weapon. I live in pain
but it would be a lot worse if I sat around instead of pushing myself.
Me and JH are looking for a young guy to help us pull wire and cable
and climb around in ceilings, someone around 50 years old. ^_^

I had some punk ask me if I had a gun to protect myself when i lived
up north. I told him I wasn't afraid of his little gang. He asked,
What would you do if you woke in the middle of the night to find someone
in your bedroom? I smiled & told him that there were two steps that
squeaked, and I was a very light sleeper. He wanted to know what that
meant, so I smiled and told him there was a 200+ pound TV in my bedroom,
and I wouldn't hesitate to shove it down the stairs. He still didn't
get it, so I explained that when he and the TV console hit the landing,
he'd end up laying there dead in my basement while I called the police
to report that some loser tried to steal more TV than he could carry.
He had the nerve to call me crazy! ;-)