Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lets roll!

On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 15:13:48 -0500, CRNG wrote:

On 29 Jul 2012 17:12:37 GMT, notbob wrote in
Re Lets roll!:

On 2012-07-29, CRNG wrote:
Sticking to their guns: Marines place $22.5M order for the Colt .45
M1911

Glad to hear it. You couldn't give me a 9mm Baretta.

nb

Yeah, I couldn't believe when the switched from the .45 to the 9mm
years ago. It just didn't make sense to me.

Some say the same about the change from 7.62 to 5.65, too.

Decisions like that make we question the wisdom of joining the
military.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 14:32:21 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

" wrote:

On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 13:33:37 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

" wrote:

My 32 round 92FS magazine is a pain in the ass to handle attached to a pistol
but kinda fun on the range. ;-)

You should take 'dimmie' with you sometime. He think's he's an
expert at everything else. I'll bet that he would be so nervous that he
could tread a running sewing machine, and no one would ever see his 100+
sock puppets again. ;-)

Nah, it would be even more painful for me than it would be for him.

Then you need to spend a LOT more time at the range .

Gotta get there first.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 13:32:34 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 7/25/2012 6:53 AM, Doug wrote:
On Tue, 24 Jul 2012 23:09:19 -0400, "
wrote:

On Tue, 24 Jul 2012 20:01:10 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Tue, 24 Jul 2012 21:45:51 -0500, "Doug"
wrote:

On Tue, 24 Jul 2012 14:45:01 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Tue, 24 Jul 2012 09:41:59 -0500, "Doug"
wrote:

... personally I think everyone who wants a
gun (with some restrictions) should be allowed to have a gun legally.
I'm not in favor of taking guns away from people (in most cases).

What "restrictions? Should a blind man own a gun?

What do you perceive as a reason to take away a privately owned gun?

You seen to have an opinion of when to take the guns... please share
with us.

I do but no matter what I say, it won't be perfect so I'll leave that
to our dear Congress to mull over.

Take a chance. I'll try to follow your logic. Do not blame this on
congress. Why do you need a "perfect" answer?

I was seeking your ideas and honest opinions of restrictions on, and
taking of guns from a decent citizens.

Got answers?

Easy. He's a loony lefty. They don't need reasons for hating anything (or
anyone).

I don't hate, just don't think guns should be for everyone. Suppose
you knew a guy was unstable and capable of killing, would you want
that person to be allowed to buy a gun legally? I know he may still
get a gun illegally but I'm talking about legal gun ownership.

Who's going to determine who will be allowed to own a gun. "That guy
disagrees with The President, he must be crazy and want to harm our
ruler, don't let him get a gun!" Some P.L.L.C.F. committee or Gun Tzar
appointed by the Commiecrat in office will determine your rights? O_o

If you want to own a gun, obviously you're not to be trusted owning one.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 16:24:33 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in
message ...

Atila Iskander wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

My 22" 2048 * 1536 HP monitor died on me.

Was it glaucoma or LEDcoma?

Bad 'fryback'. ;-) That monitor weighed over 70 pounds.

Somewhere I have a pair of fully shielded Nokia 21" CRT .22 dot
pitch monitors that weigh something like 80lbs each. The .22 dpi on
a large monitor like that is like looking at a film projection. Very
fine detail
but the darn things can cause your desk to break through the floor.
^_^

TDD

They sure are nice, though. I complained of eyestrain from staring at
the CAD screen 12+ hours a day and finally was given long-persistance
hi res CRTs like that, for $2000 each in the early 90's. Thanks,
MILSTAR.

Now LCDs, that'll put those things to shame, are dirt cheap. As Micheal
alluded to in another thread, I do sit in front of a screen, often 12+ hours a
day (and have for over thirty years). I don't miss CRT displays AT ALL.

The spare laptop I bought 'for parts' at a flea market has a pixel
pitch of 0.204mm, or 1400x1050 on a 14.1" diagonal. The standard is
0.28mm. HDTV is gorgeous on it, within a small viewing angle.

This 15" laptop is 1680x1050 (right now using an external 24" 1920x1200
monitor). In '98 I had a 1920x1200 laptop. I much prefer the 16:10s over
16:9s but they're becoming hard to find.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default The Three Voters

On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 17:03:29 -0400, "
wrote:

You forgot the part where Holder got involved. :-(

Right. I bet the person you replied to knows little of a 1911. Likely
owns no firearms or has ever been close to one. Smart folks don't use
000 buckshot in a 870 (Remington home defense). I even bet she did not
write such a post, but grabbed it off the net.

Last time I was wrong, it was a mistake :-\

__
Fame is like a shaved pig with a greased tail, and it is only after it
has slipped through the hands of some thousands, that some fellow, by
mere chance, holds on to it! -- Davy Crockett

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

"Oren" wrote in message
On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 17:03:29 -0400, "
__
--

Fame is all in other peoples' heads.
-Jewel-

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 14:25:03 -0700, Oren wrote:

Right. I bet the person you replied to knows little of a 1911. Likely
owns no firearms or has ever been close to one.

He actually brags about not owning any sort of firearm. Of course,
every month or two he posts asking for advice on what to buy. Been
doing it for years now. SOGOTP.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 14:13:08 -0700, Gunner Asch wrote:

On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 11:38:56 -0400, "
wrote:

On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 03:54:07 -0700, Gunner Asch wrote:

On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 20:21:48 -0400, "
wrote:

On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 16:59:21 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 16:22:03 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

A Ruger 10-22 is not a bad compromise for someone with hand
disabilities. Its a moderately short semiautomatic 22 rifle.

A great rifle. At 50 yards, with scope you can put all ten rounds
inside a match box. At night you can kill a gator with a single shot
in his eye - that takes part of his skull off or directly hits the
brain.. .22 LRHP

I think there are now 20 or 30 round mags, I have not checked them.
Ten rounds is good for a charging deer- shot in the lungs face front.

As I said in another post, a friend had a 250 round magazine for his 10/22. It
took a while to load, though.

They are an utter pain in the ass to handle attached to a rifle though.
While they may be fun on a range with a crank trigger
attachment....shrug

My 32 round 92FS magazine is a pain in the ass to handle attached to a pistol
but kinda fun on the range. ;-)

Smile I have (1) in 45 ACP for the 1911s. I can also use it for a
riot baton when I run out of ammo. A gift from a client many years ago
who was pretty good at making mags. And it actually works pretty well.
I sometimes will stuff it into the mag well and holster when walking up
to the shooting lines, after following guys with 15 rd pistols. Gets a
pretty good laugh from the crowd.

I'm considering investing in high-capacity magazines. Sort of a hedge against
further stupidity in Washington.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/29/2012 2:33 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 14:04:49 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 7/29/2012 12:41 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 10:03:44 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 7/29/2012 9:18 AM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 23:11:55 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 7/28/2012 9:05 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 20:35:18 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

Could you strengthen the door instead?

I've installed a number of metal door for customers in their businesses.
I could have fun getting with my friend who owns a
metal fabrication shop and build a 1/4" thick steel entry door
and steel frame that could frustrate even a SWAT team battering
ram. ^_^

TDD

One night a Mariel Cuban, at USP-Lewisburg, told the officer it was
going to be a "big" night. Later during the 9 O'clock count he passed
each cell on G-Block. Not a soul in sight, until he reached the end
of the range. Sure enough, all of the crooks were in the last cell
(wall blocks removed to scuttle through).

The next day began the task of 1/4" steel plate on the walls and
ceilings. NO more party nights after that. :-\

The standing joke was you could throw a buck-naked Cuban out of an
airplane. When he hit the ground he would have a shank.

Oh the memories....

When you see solid steel plate walls lining a cell, you know it's a
serious prison. Of course I've heard of the special high security
federal prison somewhere that's underground where I doubt some of its
inmates will ever see daylight again. O_o

TDD

Built into the side of a mountain.

http://www.bop.gov/locations/institutions/flm/index.jsp

Hm, getting thrown in the hole there must be a unique experience? I've
heard of political prisoners being in there not just super spies but
folks who really ****ed off some big government mucky mucks. O_o

TDD

The Unibomer, FBI double-agent spy, domestic terrorists, leaders of
gangs and the those convicted of singing to loud in church.

Being "ADMAX" (administrative maximum security), much of the controls
and policies are dictated by Central Office in Washington.

You forgot: asking embarrassing questions of our rulers. ^_^

TDD

That falls under "singing to loud in church". A catch all, so nothing
is missed :-\

Sorry, my ignorance. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 14:39:34 -0700, Winston_Smith
wrote:

On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 14:25:03 -0700, Oren wrote:

Right. I bet the person you replied to knows little of a 1911. Likely
owns no firearms or has ever been close to one.

He actually brags about not owning any sort of firearm. Of course,
every month or two he posts asking for advice on what to buy. Been
doing it for years now. SOGOTP.

Once he posted that he hid under his bed and the batteries were dead
in his flashlight. He just trolls you guys in his cross posts. After
he kill filed some folks, I did the same to him.

SOGOTP is funny. Often used by a late ancestor when I was small.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

No worry mate. There are other charges. Like reckless eyeballin' and
silent contempt. Even walking crooked in the corridor (DWI: drunk
while incarcerated).
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

The Daring Dufas wrote:

My first job out of college was a job at an electrical supplier and I
was always blamed for any prank even if I didn't perpetrate it. I once
put a small lizard I found on the loading dock in the coffee can for the
coffee money fund and whenever someone dropped coins in the can, the
lizard ran around inside the can making quite a racket. I found a frog
outside, put it in a small box labeled "DO NOT OPEN". The screams of the
curious secretary let me know when it was opened. I never did get the
hang of being a grownup. ^_^

Amateur! I installed some speakers & an amplifier to the business
phone line so everyone in the shop could hear every conversation. You
could hear the old mechanical phone exchange connect to the line, then
look for a ring generator. You could answer the phone before it rang,
every time. It really freaked out our customers!

At a Cable TV office in Ohio I would turn the lens upside backwards
or both, every time one young woman came down the hall. She thought she
was going insane.!

I have an allergy to cigarette smoke, and one idiot thought that it
was funny to light up and blow the crap in my face. I asked the manager
to remind them that the building was supposed to be smoke free, but he
didn't care. One night I emptied an entire can of Lysol into the
ductwork. The jerk light up the next morning and took a deep drag, and
almost passed out. He ran to get the manager and was screaming like a
little girl that I had tried to kill him. I smiled and told the manager
that I had sprayed the ductwork to rid it of the nicotine odor, and that
I would have to keep doing it, till it was gone, and reminded him of the
million dollars worth of electronics across the hall wasn't supposed to
be exposed to smoke. ;-)

I'm deathly allergic to tobacco smoke and have been known to brain a
smoking creep with a fire extinguisher after emptying in his face.
Freon and Halon are also very rough on smokers if you can get enough
of a concentration into the air. CO2 is also fun to release in large
quantities in a small space around smokers. I've had evil thoughts of
flammable gasses even high concentrations of O2 but the civilized man
in me put a stop to that. I've installed Halon fire suppression systems
and if I remember correctly it took less than an 8% concentration of
1301 to put out a fire. I've never seen a smoker try to light up in that
atmosphere but it would be fun albeit expensive to tryout on one
of those idiots. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

The Daring Dufas wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote:

When I was a kid, I made my own crude big stun gun with a vibrator,
transformer and battery pack slung on my shoulder and a wand with
a two pronged 15 amp plug on the end and cable back to the power supply.
I had a doorbell button for a trigger. The sparks frightened the
bullies. ^_^

I built one with a solid state vibrator, and the power transformer
from a car radio. It really lit them up off a couple D cells! I took
it to electronics class when I started highschool and hooked it to the
lab supply to get the 12.6 volts. It blew a 15W lightbulb when I turned
it on. ;-)

I bow to a fellow young mad scientist but I built mine when I was in
middle school. In high school I was even more dangerous. ^_^

I built that when I was 13, and working part time in a TV shop. I
was a 'legendary nerd' in high school.

1: I took a spare scope tube to school on the school bus and the kids
were screaming to the bus driver that I was carrying a bomb.

2: I set up the school's first video tape equipment in the '60s. I
would turn the volume & brightness up and down from master control, just
to see if they were actually watch the tape delayed lessons.

3: I had complete access to the areas of the school that required a
master key, since I ran the sound equipment for assemblies, and tested
the others before games & pep rallies.

4: I did things like carry a set of wall locker doors to the metal shop
to weld some broken hinges. You should have seen the kids & teachers
staring as I walked down those long hallway. ;-)

5: I found some errors in our Physics textbook, and when we got to
electricity the teach told the other students to direct all their
questions to me.

6: My physic project was a home brew ultrasonic alarm, but some parts
had been on backorder for over six months, when they were due. I
couldn't turn in a partial prject with the schematics & other drawings,
and was told I would fail the course. The next day the teacher passed
out the grades, and I had an A+, with a note that he decided that the
professional grade TV degausing coil I'd made & sold him was my project.

7: We started a ham radio club, and needed money for equipment. I got
the school newspaper to post a request for donations of old electroncs.
Then I taught the other electronics students to do baisic radio & TV
repair. We raised over $600 from selling the used equipment and built a
nice station. We had a dozen leftover, working TVs that I donated to
the school. Of course, my favorite teachers got a TV they could keeping
their classroom before they school assigned the rest to classrooms.

8: The Dean of boys would pull me from whatever class I was in when
there was a problem with any of the school's electronics.

These are just a few, off the top of my head.

I had a very similar experience in school doing the same sorts of things
for the school. The principals were always interested in saving
money and I fixed things because it was fun for me. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

Default Ballistic Nylon - what is it? Lets roll!

The Daring Dufas wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote:

I even have friends who are ministers. ^_^

Me too. I was a broadcast engineer at two Florida Christian TV
stations.

A good friend of mine went to work for Sister Mary Elephant at EWTN in
Irondale, Al. ^_^

I worked at a 5 MW EIRP TV station in Orlando, and built Ch. 58 in
Destin, Florida. Keeping ten extra phone lines working during a week
long telethon was always exciting.

I do a lot of telecom work now but it's blending into the data network
systems I do because of the switch to VoIP by a lot of commercial
entities. I'm also doing a lot of remote control via the Web of energy
management system service. Heck, tomorrow I have a standard little
electrical job to do. I get bored if I don't switch things up. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

On 7/29/2012 4:17 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 11:46:58 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 7/28/2012 8:43 PM, misanthrope wrote:
On 7/28/2012 4:02 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 05:28:50 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

And to educate you it'sPLUNK notplink- Hide quoted text -

It is PLONK

Itsplink when flicking a tiny little booger into the metal trash
can..as it bounces off the back and spirals to the trash below.

Which is why I use it when dealing with leftwingers. They are of zero
account. Much like scratching ones ass.

Gunner

I figure everyone has their own style. I like plop or 'plop, plop,
fizz, fizz - oh what a relief it is'. That way they can be a turd or an
Alka-seltzer, your choice. )

But I rarely put posters in the kill file.

If you just ignore them and nobody ever responds to them again, you can
watch them melt down as they desperately try to get attention. ^_^

TDD

There are some that simply **** me off and when I read their posts and
start checking magazine capacity..I kill file em. Most are good for a
couple days or even a weeks worth of tweaking and bashing, but far too
many of them are like Bozo the Clown punching bags..no matter how hard
you hit them..they come back for more. And I dont have time in an
already busy schedule to stand there bashing them. Its good
exercise..but thats all it is. So they go plink.

Gunner

They are like incorrigible children in a way, they keep trying until
they get spanked. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 17:44:19 -0400, "
wrote:

I'm considering investing in high-capacity magazines. Sort of a hedge against
further stupidity in Washington.

Do it soon. The pending Cybersecurity Bill has some gun controls
slipped into it.

"...Democratic senators have offered an amendment to the cybersecurity
bill that would limit the purchase of high capacity gun magazines for
some consumers."

http://www.infowars.com/dems-sneak-gun-control-amendment-into-cybersecurity-bill/

The usual suspects....
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Lets roll! (how to deal with smokers)

My hero!

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

I'm deathly allergic to tobacco smoke and have been known to brain a
smoking creep with a fire extinguisher after emptying in his face.
Freon and Halon are also very rough on smokers if you can get enough
of a concentration into the air. CO2 is also fun to release in large
quantities in a small space around smokers. I've had evil thoughts of
flammable gasses even high concentrations of O2 but the civilized man
in me put a stop to that. I've installed Halon fire suppression systems
and if I remember correctly it took less than an 8% concentration of
1301 to put out a fire. I've never seen a smoker try to light up in that
atmosphere but it would be fun albeit expensive to tryout on one
of those idiots. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I'm considering investing in high-capacity magazines. Sort of a hedge against
further stupidity in Washington.

Do it soon. The pending Cybersecurity Bill has some gun controls
slipped into it.

"...Democratic senators have offered an amendment to the cybersecurity
bill that would limit the purchase of high capacity gun magazines for
some consumers."

Understood. That's why it may be a nice financial move.

http://www.infowars.com/dems-sneak-gun-control-amendment-into-cybersecurity-bill/

The usual suspects....

Of course. Chuck-E-Dumb****.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I'm considering investing in high-capacity magazines. Sort of a hedge against
further stupidity in Washington.

Do it soon. The pending Cybersecurity Bill has some gun controls
slipped into it.

"...Democratic senators have offered an amendment to the cybersecurity
bill that would limit the purchase of high capacity gun magazines for
some consumers."

Understood. That's why it may be a nice financial move.

In Californictionstain, I understand a single 30 round mag in your car
-- no guns or ammo within thirty miles of you car is a crime. They
will lock you up back behind the down yonder.

http://www.infowars.com/dems-sneak-gun-control-amendment-into-cybersecurity-bill/

The usual suspects....

Of course. Chuck-E-Dumb****.

....and his hypocrisy...along with the other malcontents.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I'm considering investing in high-capacity magazines. Sort of a hedge against
further stupidity in Washington.

Do it soon. The pending Cybersecurity Bill has some gun controls
slipped into it.

"...Democratic senators have offered an amendment to the cybersecurity
bill that would limit the purchase of high capacity gun magazines for
some consumers."

Understood. That's why it may be a nice financial move.

In Californictionstain, I understand a single 30 round mag in your car
-- no guns or ammo within thirty miles of you car is a crime. They
will lock you up back behind the down yonder.

There is a reason I don't live in Californicate.

http://www.infowars.com/dems-sneak-gun-control-amendment-into-cybersecurity-bill/

The usual suspects....

Of course. Chuck-E-Dumb****.

...and his hypocrisy...along with the other malcontents.

Sure, he's just a ringleader of the stupid.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

You forgot the part where Holder got involved. :-(

Right. I bet the person you replied to knows little of a 1911. Likely
owns no firearms or has ever been close to one. Smart folks don't use
000 buckshot in a 870 (Remington home defense). I even bet she did not
write such a post, but grabbed it off the net.

Indeed. #4 bird shot or #4 buckshot works nicely inside the home. And
out to a reasonable distance outdoors as well. One can put a man down
with a load of #4 buck at 25 yrds even from a cylinder bore barrel.

Last time I was wrong, it was a mistake :-\

__
Fame is like a shaved pig with a greased tail, and it is only after it
has slipped through the hands of some thousands, that some fellow, by
mere chance, holds on to it! -- Davy Crockett

Btw...someone sent me a link...VBG

http://dvice.com/archives/2012/07/salt-shooting-s.php

Ill buy one when they hit the market.

I'd even buy one form "As Seen on TV". ;-)
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Lets roll! Lets not smoke!

Stormin Mormon wrote:

I never did this, but ought have. One college professor at my "smoke free"
campus would smoke, as he was teaching. He'd use a piece of paper for his
ashtray, or perhaps an empty pop can. I never did put flash paper, or a dry
pop can with a bunch of gunpowder, in the trash can.

A pop can with a dozen drops of gasoline might have got his
attention.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

He'd have smelled it, before the action. Gunpowder is odorless.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

Stormin Mormon wrote:

I never did this, but ought have. One college professor at my "smoke free"
campus would smoke, as he was teaching. He'd use a piece of paper for his
ashtray, or perhaps an empty pop can. I never did put flash paper, or a
dry
pop can with a bunch of gunpowder, in the trash can.

A pop can with a dozen drops of gasoline might have got his
attention.

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

The Daring Dufas wrote:

I'm deathly allergic to tobacco smoke and have been known to brain a
smoking creep with a fire extinguisher after emptying in his face.
Freon and Halon are also very rough on smokers if you can get enough
of a concentration into the air. CO2 is also fun to release in large
quantities in a small space around smokers. I've had evil thoughts of
flammable gasses even high concentrations of O2 but the civilized man
in me put a stop to that. I've installed Halon fire suppression systems
and if I remember correctly it took less than an 8% concentration of
1301 to put out a fire. I've never seen a smoker try to light up in that
atmosphere but it would be fun albeit expensive to tryout on one
of those idiots. ^_^

Or in a nice mix of pure Oxygen & Acetylene.

A late friend of mine was on an oxygen machine because of his emphysema
and of course he couldn't throw the cigarets away. He told me that a
cigaret lasts about 1 second in a oxygen rich atmosphere. I said to him,
"You've shotgunned pot, now you've done it with tobacco." ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

The Daring Dufas wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote:

[...]

That, along with how long it took to get someone there to do the
work. At that time they had to request service, then the school board
would wait till they had several schools with problems before they
called the contractor to to the work. That changed after I was out of
the service. I had that schools system & two others under contract on a
time & materials contract. The principals had the authority to call me
for service. it wasn't unusual for me to get a call at 6:30 in the
morning, then rush over to the school to have the item repaired before
classes started.

Funny how life leads one down an interesting often unexpected path. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote:

I even have friends who are ministers. ^_^

Me too. I was a broadcast engineer at two Florida Christian TV
stations.

A good friend of mine went to work for Sister Mary Elephant at EWTN in
Irondale, Al. ^_^

I worked at a 5 MW EIRP TV station in Orlando, and built Ch. 58 in
Destin, Florida. Keeping ten extra phone lines working during a week
long telethon was always exciting.

I do a lot of telecom work now but it's blending into the data network
systems I do because of the switch to VoIP by a lot of commercial
entities. I'm also doing a lot of remote control via the Web of energy
management system service. Heck, tomorrow I have a standard little
electrical job to do. I get bored if I don't switch things up. ^_^

The only VOIP I've done is low end. I've installed & maintained
networks, and worked as an industrial electrician. I can no longer
climb ladders, so that eleiminates most electrical work.

Three time this month me and JH traveled to Tupelo, MS to fix the
control system for a Trane AC system at a drug store. There was nothing
wrong with the AC unit itself but the Web connected energy management
system couldn't control the AC because of a proprietary Trane control
system. On the last trip, a Trane interface circuit board had to be
installed by me to allow a standard thermostat ie the energy management
system to control the AC unit. I was up and down a 20' internal ladder
and out a roof hatch a half dozen times for that service and I'm still
in pain but I've been up and down more ladders and crawling around on
floors and concrete since then. Me and JH are both disabled and getting
up and down from the floor is extremely difficult for us. When I grunt
and moan loudly because it hurts like hell to move around, customers ask
JH what's wrong with me and he says "Oh, he's just practicing his
karate." I'm hurting like hell right now and will take some more pain
meds before going to bed. Me and most of the guys I work with are
disabled in one way or another and we get no help from the government,
in fact all of us have been turned away so we told them to get screwed
and we just keep working as hard as we can when we can. O_o

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

The Daring Dufas wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote:

[...]

I had a neighbor, like that. The county was paying his medical
bills, so he didn't give a damn. They would haul him off in an
ambulance a couple times a month because of it. His wife was insane,
and would wander into peoples houses if they didn't lock their doors.
She would stand by the road and curse like a sailor, demanding that you
either give her a cigarette, or go buy a carton for her. They finally
condemned their house and committed both of them. Their son sold the
land for $3,000. The buyer hired a contractor to clean up the property,
and they hauled away over 20 tons of trash, junk & garbage. There was a
12'*12' shed on the back corner that was crammed tight with years of
garbage. Doesn't it seem odd that people can turn that way, shortly
after you buy a house down the street?
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking

The Daring Dufas wrote:

Funny how life leads one down an interesting often unexpected path. ^_^

I really freaked out one grade school principal when I told him the
intercom couldn't be repaired in the school and took it to the shop. ;-)
Posted to alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote:

[...]

The VA doctors & nurses tell me that I'm not in enough pain to need
any medication. One VA appointment 'Nurse Ratchet' asked, "What is your
pain level today, on a scale from 1 to 10." I stared at her and said, I
would have cut my #@$%^&@#$%^ legs off this morning if I still had a
chain saw that would start. She said, "That's between 2 and 3 so you
don't need any pain medication for that.
Posted to alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote:

[...]

I was in the hospital and a young woman doctor asked me what my pain
level was on a 1-10 scale, my answer was "ELEVIN!" and I despise drugs
because the darn stuff never works on me in any normal dose. O_o

TDD

Posted to alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

Default Roof jobs, and needing a helper

Wish I lived closer, and was available to help out. I had one job "just
replace a thermostat" that ended up being half a dozen times up and down a
ladder, to the roof. That was memorable.

It would have been a lot faster job, if I'd had a qualified helper, and a
couple walkie talkies.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

[...]

Posted to alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

Default pain levels

You get the feeling that someone in government doesn't want doctors to
prescribe pain meds?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

The VA doctors & nurses tell me that I'm not in enough pain to need
any medication. One VA appointment 'Nurse Ratchet' asked, "What is your
pain level today, on a scale from 1 to 10." I stared at her and said, I
would have cut my #@$%^&@#$%^ legs off this morning if I still had a
chain saw that would start. She said, "That's between 2 and 3 so you
don't need any pain medication for that.

Posted to alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote:

I was in the hospital and a young woman doctor asked me what my pain
level was on a 1-10 scale, my answer was "ELEVIN!" and I despise drugs
because the darn stuff never works on me in any normal dose. O_o

I have had surgery and not taken the pain medicine. Most times I
didn't even have the prescription filled, because I too hat to take
pills.
Posted to alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:

You get the feeling that someone in government doesn't want doctors to
prescribe pain meds?

Some just want a paycheck, not to work for it.
Posted to alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

Default pain meds prescription Lets roll!

My gut sense, is that the Fed is making it more dificult for people to
write pain meds. I have a personal theory why, but that's not really
important. I reccomend that you fill all your RX, and keep them some where
secure, in case there is a time you really need the meds.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

I have had surgery and not taken the pain medicine. Most times I
didn't even have the prescription filled, because I too hat to take
pills.

Posted to alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

Did you ever read the book 1984, by George Orwell?

That's one source of my theory on pain meds. During the candid conversations
Winston Smith had with Brown (was that the other guy's name?). The other guy
said a few things which I find memorable.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

Stormin Mormon wrote:

You get the feeling that someone in government doesn't want doctors to
prescribe pain meds?

Some just want a paycheck, not to work for it.

Posted to alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

On 7/30/2012 5:22 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Wish I lived closer, and was available to help out. I had one job "just
replace a thermostat" that ended up being half a dozen times up and down a
ladder, to the roof. That was memorable.

It would have been a lot faster job, if I'd had a qualified helper, and a
couple walkie talkies.

I have a pair of nice little 22 channel Cobra Micro Talk GMRS/FRS radios
that work very well. Me and JH do a lot of telecom and data
wiring and the radios come in handy when you're 300' away from your
co-conspirator trying to sort out or find cables. We've been trying
to find a young guy maybe 50 years old or so to help us pull wire
up in ceilings where it's difficult for us to climb around. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

I've also had very good results with FRS. Mine are Motorla FR-50. The AA
cells are heavier, but last longer. The one time they didn't work, I was
leaning into a roof unit and my man on the ground called. I got some static,
but not much voice. Guess I oughta climbed out, and "hey, was that you,
calling?".

Do you use the nicad packs, or feed them batteries every morning?

At age 48, I may be the man you need. But, I'm a bit far away.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

I have a pair of nice little 22 channel Cobra Micro Talk GMRS/FRS radios
that work very well. Me and JH do a lot of telecom and data
wiring and the radios come in handy when you're 300' away from your
co-conspirator trying to sort out or find cables. We've been trying
to find a young guy maybe 50 years old or so to help us pull wire
up in ceilings where it's difficult for us to climb around. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

One fellow I worked for. I'd issue him a FRS walkie talkie at the beginning
of the day. He'd get a call on the cell phone, and turn off the FRS.
Finally, I quit using FRS, and just call him on the cell when I needed it.

One time we were troubleshooting a system from cellar (where I was) to third
floor. I handed him a walkie, which he set down, and then climbed the
stairs. I asked him why he did that. "I knew you had three. You were holding
one, the second was on the table, so I figured I had the third one". I
guess there is no accounting for how some folks think.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

I have a pair of nice little 22 channel Cobra Micro Talk GMRS/FRS radios
that work very well. Me and JH do a lot of telecom and data
wiring and the radios come in handy when you're 300' away from your
co-conspirator trying to sort out or find cables. We've been trying
to find a young guy maybe 50 years old or so to help us pull wire
up in ceilings where it's difficult for us to climb around. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote:

I was in the hospital and a young woman doctor asked me what my pain
level was on a 1-10 scale, my answer was "ELEVIN!" and I despise drugs
because the darn stuff never works on me in any normal dose. O_o

I have had surgery and not taken the pain medicine. Most times I
didn't even have the prescription filled, because I too hat to take
pills.

I don't like anything that affects my balance, perception of the world
around me or any of my senses in any way. I've a physician friend who
helps me and understands my distaste for any narcotic drugs. I fix his
computers and other things like his old ultrasound machine and he fixes
me. He prescribed Tramadol which seems to be the mildest of the strong
pain killers but still doesn't do all that much but it helps. I take OTC
Naproxen sodium (generic Aleve) along with the Tramadol for the
inflammation that torments me. Doc has suggested adding another drug
that targets nerve pain that I also have which can keep me from getting
any sleep. With the DEA looking over every doctor and pharmacist's
shoulder, it's difficult to get the amount of pain medication one needs
because the DEA terrorizes the health care providers about the amount of
pain meds they provide. JH one of the guys I work with, lives on Lortabs
for his congenital crippling gout-like condition and the DEA has been
eyeballing his doctors because of the amount of drugs my friend takes to
survive. I crawl out of bed early every morning to take my meds then go
back to bed because it can take two hours for the stuff to start
working. Oh well, I'm back to bed for a while now so I can work today. O_o

TDD

Lets roll! terryc Metalworking 1 July 22nd 12 04:23 AM
Buy to lets Phil Gardner UK diy 457 December 4th 07 01:28 AM
Dassault.Systemes.P3.CATIA.V5R17, GibbsCAM.2006.v8.0.17, Copra Roll Forming v2007, Ubeco Profil Roll Form v4.3, Mazak CPC, FANUC Robotics Simulation, Lantek, AMADA, other ... kashumoto_tokugawa UK diy 1 November 10th 06 07:18 PM
Building the roll part of a roll top desk [email protected] Woodworking 3 July 24th 06 02:26 PM
Refinishing roll part of roll top desk [email protected] Woodworking 3 June 2nd 06 02:31 PM