Posted to rec.woodworking
Len Len is offline

Default AT&T Usenet Netnews Service Shutting Down

Looks like this is it for me, unless I can find another news server.

Len

wrote in message

Please note that on or around July 15, 2009, AT&T will no longer be
offering access to the Usenet Netnews service. If you wish to

continue
reading Usenet newsgroups, access is available through third-party

vendors.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message

Please note that on or around July 15, 2009, AT&T will no longer be
offering access to the Usenet Netnews service. If you wish to

continue
reading Usenet newsgroups, access is available through third-party

vendors.

These guys have provided me flawless service for the past several
years. At 10 Euro per *year* for the service, they're a great
value as well (unless you really need binary groups):

http://individual.net/

Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message

Please note that on or around July 15, 2009, AT&T will no longer be
offering access to the Usenet Netnews service. *If you wish to

continue
reading Usenet newsgroups, access is available through third-party

vendors.

I read the rec via Google Groups. No problems since I started using
Google over ayear ago. No binaries, though.

Bill Leonhardt
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message

Please note that on or around July 15, 2009, AT&T will no longer be
offering access to the Usenet Netnews service. If you wish to

continue
reading Usenet newsgroups, access is available through third-party

vendors.

Yeah, I sent them a reply asking how much they were going to refund me
on my monthly bill. I expect a prompt and satisfactory reply.

--
If it ain't perfect, improve it...
But don't break it while you're fixin' it!
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Steve Turner" wrote in message
Yeah, I sent them a reply asking how much they were going to refund me
on my monthly bill. I expect a prompt and satisfactory reply.

Hah! I didn't bother making that request when Rogers dropped usenet three or
four years ago. After a very short period with them, you just know there
isn't ever going to be any consideration for customers. Within the week, I
found another service that was cheaper, had usenet and in fact had much
better customer service, not that I've needed it.

It felt pretty good the day I called Rogers up and told the customer service
agent to completely cancel my service. When he asked why and I told him it
was because of Rogers dropping usenet without offering any type of monthly
fee decrease, he didn't say anything. Guess he expected it.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Len" wrote:

Looks like this is it for me, unless I can find another news server.

Can you get Verizon?

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Len wrote:
Looks like this is it for me, unless I can find another news server.

motzarella.org

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
"Len" wrote:

Looks like this is it for me, unless I can find another news server.

Can you get Verizon?

Lew

Verizon is terrible as far as the groups it carries. No alt or binaries.
I just signed up for Giganews at $3 a month. www.giganews.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

"-MIKE-" wrote in message
Len wrote:
Looks like this is it for me, unless I can find another news server.

motzarella.org

I tried them and they miss a lot of postings so I no longer use them. I
just tried it in fact, and they do not have many of the binaries that
teranews and giganews have.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message

Please note that on or around July 15, 2009, AT&T will no longer be
offering access to the Usenet Netnews service. If you wish to

continue
reading Usenet newsgroups, access is available through third-party

vendors.

Yeah, I sent them a reply asking how much they were going to refund me
on my monthly bill. I expect a prompt and satisfactory reply.

--
If it ain't perfect, improve it...
But don't break it while you're fixin' it!
To reply, eat the taco.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/

When comcast dropped newsgroups I called and asked that same
question. The response was a stone cold "no". After I griped about the
service deteriorating and the prices going up I got a $10/mo credit for
6 months. If you don't ask you don't receive.
Art

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Len" wrote:

Looks like this is it for me, unless I can find another news server.

Can you get Verizon?

Lew

Verizon is terrible as far as the groups it carries. No alt or binaries.
I just signed up for Giganews at $3 a month. www.giganews.com

I'll second that. I switched to Verizon FiOS a month or so ago and they
only have the comp, humanities, misc, news, rec, sci, soc, & talk groups.
I suspect my posts never show up on many servers other than verizon's
as most go without any response.
Art

Posted to rec.woodworking

I'm in the same AT&T boat. I have another server, TeraNews, that offers
a pretty good package for a one-time fixed fee of a couple of bucks.

I've got too much stuff with ATT to drop 'em, but they are tops on my
list for terrible service. When I signed up for my DSL, the sales gal
swore up and down that I'd be able to cover two computers at opposite
ends of my house with one connection. She said 300 feet is quite
doable, so my 75 feet between units was easily doable. Hah. I now have
two DSL services in my house. You think they'd give me a break on the
second service, right?

Larry

wrote in message

Please note that on or around July 15, 2009, AT&T will no longer be
offering access to the Usenet Netnews service. If you wish to

continue
reading Usenet newsgroups, access is available through third-party

vendors.

Posted to rec.woodworking

TD Driver wrote in
:

I'm in the same AT&T boat. I have another server, TeraNews, that
offers a pretty good package for a one-time fixed fee of a couple of
bucks.

I've got too much stuff with ATT to drop 'em, but they are tops on my
list for terrible service. When I signed up for my DSL, the sales gal
swore up and down that I'd be able to cover two computers at opposite
ends of my house with one connection. She said 300 feet is quite
doable, so my 75 feet between units was easily doable. Hah. I now
have two DSL services in my house. You think they'd give me a break
on the second service, right?

Larry

You've got two DSL services? If one of the boxes is a wireless router,
you could connect the other via a PCI wireless card. They cost about
$30-$50 and plug into your computer. It's a one time cost rather than a
recurring monthly cost.

The alternative is to run a network cable (100ft cables can be purchased
for around $10-$20 online) between computers. Safer if you're in a
populated area, but not as conveinent.

Back to Usenet: If you read mostly text groups, look for a
pay-as-you-download plan. I have somewhere around 60GB of transfer
before I have to purchase more, and that will keep me going for years.
It only cost $25 from Astraweb.

Puckdropper
rec.woodworking

Posted to rec.woodworking

TD Driver wrote:
I'm in the same AT&T boat. I have another server, TeraNews, that
offers a pretty good package for a one-time fixed fee of a couple of
bucks.
I've got too much stuff with ATT to drop 'em, but they are tops on my
list for terrible service. When I signed up for my DSL, the sales gal
swore up and down that I'd be able to cover two computers at opposite
ends of my house with one connection. She said 300 feet is quite
doable, so my 75 feet between units was easily doable. Hah. I now
have two DSL services in my house. You think they'd give me a break
on the second service, right?

Larry

You DSL line SHOULD go to a router - even if you have only one computer
connected - because the router acts as a hardware firewall.

Once your router is online, you can connect multiple internet devices* to
the router. Say you get an 8-port router. One of the ports can host a second
router which now gives you a potential total of 15 connected devices. On the
second router, you can connect yet a third router for a (now) totals 22
computers, and so on. All sharing the ONE DSL connection.

You may need a 12-year-old male to help with the connections.

----------
* This includes not only computers but VoIP telephones.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 9, 8:18*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
TD Driver wrote:
[...]

Actually, I think you are confusing switches and routers. The DSL
modem connects to a router, preferably wireless and typically with a
built in 4 port switch. Then you can connect 4 wired devices and
numerous wireless devices to that. If you want to connect more then 4
wired devices you can then buy a 4, 8, or 16 port switch, connect it
to one of the ports on the router and get more. The router isn't a
true firewall, but does provide an acceptable level of defense for
most home networks via "NATing" or Network Address Translation.

Anyway, paying for 2 DSL lines is not the solution unless you live in
a VERY large house, in which case you probably don't care about the
expense;+}. Each Cat 5e wire can go 100 meters. If you don't want to
pull wire then the wireless *might* get you 100 ft. You can also buy
wireless repeaters which would give you more range. Another option
would be using the power line network stuff. All of this would be
cheaper then paying 30-40/month for another line.

Now that I have digressed from the original post...

I use Google Groups for news reading now. No binaries, but it really
is better for reading groups like this one. And it's free. If you
want to share photos of projects then use one of the free web based
photo sharing services like Picassa. No, I don't work for Google...

Jim

Posted to rec.woodworking

jtpryan wrote:
On Jun 9, 8:18 am, "HeyBub" wrote:
TD Driver wrote:
[...]

Most routers do contain a "SPI firewall". As well, most wireless
routers will allow MAC address filtering.

Anyway, paying for 2 DSL lines is not the solution unless you live in
a VERY large house, in which case you probably don't care about the
expense;+}. Each Cat 5e wire can go 100 meters. If you don't want to
pull wire then the wireless *might* get you 100 ft. You can also buy
wireless repeaters which would give you more range. Another option
would be using the power line network stuff. All of this would be
cheaper then paying 30-40/month for another line.

Now that I have digressed from the original post...

I use Google Groups for news reading now. No binaries, but it really
is better for reading groups like this one. And it's free. If you
want to share photos of projects then use one of the free web based
photo sharing services like Picassa. No, I don't work for Google...

Jim

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
jtpryan wrote:
...snipped...
Actually, I think you are confusing switches and routers. The DSL
modem connects to a router, preferably wireless and typically with a
built in 4 port switch. Then you can connect 4 wired devices and
numerous wireless devices to that. If you want to connect more then 4
wired devices you can then buy a 4, 8, or 16 port switch, connect it
to one of the ports on the router and get more. The router isn't a
true firewall, but does provide an acceptable level of defense for
most home networks via "NATing" or Network Address Translation.

I don't know what kind of hardware AT&T is using, but Verizon very
commonly uses a Westell 6100 or similar DSL modem which has basic router
features as well as being a DSL modem, including DHCP. All you need to do is
add a switch, maybe $20 OR $30 for a 4 port unit. It won't do NAT IIRC,
but it will allow assigning an internet-routable IP address to 1 device on
the local net.

plausible, and wrong." (H L Mencken)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 9 Jun 2009 08:56:11 -0700 (PDT), jtpryan
wrote:

Anyway, paying for 2 DSL lines is not the solution unless you live in
a VERY large house, in which case you probably don't care about the
expense;+}. Each Cat 5e wire can go 100 meters. If you don't want to
pull wire then the wireless *might* get you 100 ft.

If you're only getting 100 feet from your wireless it is time to
upgrade. My 802.11g gives me closer to 300 feet, even with walls in
the way.

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com

Two Down - Two to Go!
Posted to rec.woodworking

jtpryan wrote:
I use Google Groups for news reading now. No binaries, but it really
is better for reading groups like this one. And it's free. If you
want to share photos of projects then use one of the free web based
photo sharing services like Picassa. No, I don't work for Google...

Better than *what*? I hate browsing groups with Google...

--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/

Posted to rec.woodworking

Hammer Hands writes:

Yeah Steve I did the same thing. I reminded them since they have been
providing the service for free along with my internet service, I should
expect a lower bill after July. Like you I expect a quick response to my
issue (yeah right!!!)

AT&T provided usenet by farming it out to giganews and claiming it was
gratis. The refused to take responsibility for it and claimed they
never charged for it, so their customers never were owed a rate
reduction.

ISPs having been striving to rid themselves of this non revenue
generating albatross for years. Only a few hardy holdouts are left.
Quit complaining and buy an independent service. I pay $3 for 5G of
download. Since I only frequent about a dozen newsgroups, should last
me about 7-8 yrs.

nb
Posted to rec.woodworking

TD Driver wrote:
I'm in the same AT&T boat. I have another server, TeraNews, that offers
a pretty good package for a one-time fixed fee of a couple of bucks.

I've got too much stuff with ATT to drop 'em, but they are tops on my
list for terrible service. When I signed up for my DSL, the sales gal
swore up and down that I'd be able to cover two computers at opposite
ends of my house with one connection. She said 300 feet is quite
doable, so my 75 feet between units was easily doable. Hah. I now have
two DSL services in my house. You think they'd give me a break on the
second service, right?

Larry

That's strange. I've wired an entire church/elementary school (27
machines) to a single DSL line using over 2000' of CAT5e, one router and
about 7 network switches. I had no problem.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.woodworking

jtpryan wrote:
On Jun 9, 8:18 am, "HeyBub" wrote:
TD Driver wrote:
[...]

I'm not confusing routers and switches - the public has. Originally, they
performed separate jobs. Most "routers" today are combination "routers" AND
"switches."

"Preferably wireless" is problematic. Wireless routers suffer from two
debilitating characteristics: they are much easier to hack than wired
routers and they are ususally about half the speed of a comparably-priced
wired device.

Anyway, paying for 2 DSL lines is not the solution unless you live in
a VERY large house, in which case you probably don't care about the
expense;+}. Each Cat 5e wire can go 100 meters. If you don't want to
pull wire then the wireless *might* get you 100 ft. You can also buy
wireless repeaters which would give you more range. Another option
would be using the power line network stuff. All of this would be
cheaper then paying 30-40/month for another line.

Now that I have digressed from the original post...

I use Google Groups for news reading now. No binaries, but it really
is better for reading groups like this one. And it's free. If you
want to share photos of projects then use one of the free web based
photo sharing services like Picassa. No, I don't work for Google...

Google Groups is significantly brain-damaged. It loses or misplaces posts
quite often. It's biggest disadvantage is the time interval before a message
or reply shows up. This interval, sometimes, is measured in days.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Steve Turner wrote:
jtpryan wrote:
I use Google Groups for news reading now. No binaries, but it really
is better for reading groups like this one. And it's free. If you
want to share photos of projects then use one of the free web based
photo sharing services like Picassa. No, I don't work for Google...

Better than *what*? I hate browsing groups with Google...

Browsing with Google Groups is better than any number of alternative, being
poked with a pointy stick, for one.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"HeyBub" wrote in
:

Browsing with Google Groups is better than any number of alternative,
being poked with a pointy stick, for one.

Hm... I don't know. It depends on how pointy the stick is and how often
I'm poked by it. Using a real NNTP server would be worth enduring a little
pain.

Puckdropper
rec.woodworking

Posted to rec.woodworking

Didn't mean to get off track on this, but let me clarify my set up. Two
offices in the house, 75 feet apart. My 'puter has wireless, my wife's
does not so needs to be wired into the combo modem/router. That
modem/router's signal doesn't reach my office -- probably due to the
stainless steel appliances in the kitchen that stands between the two
offices. (Yes, I've thought about moving the kitchen :-)). I've tried
intermediate "signal booster" to no avail as well as trying to send the
signal via housewire. I know I can run cable between her router and my
office, but there isn't an easy path between the two locations. Hence,
the two DSL lines.

Larry

HeyBub wrote:
jtpryan wrote:
On Jun 9, 8:18 am, "HeyBub" wrote:
TD Driver wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

TD Driver wrote:
Didn't mean to get off track on this, but let me clarify my set up. Two
offices in the house, 75 feet apart. My 'puter has wireless, my wife's
does not so needs to be wired into the combo modem/router. That
modem/router's signal doesn't reach my office -- probably due to the
stainless steel appliances in the kitchen that stands between the two
offices. (Yes, I've thought about moving the kitchen :-)). I've tried
intermediate "signal booster" to no avail as well as trying to send the
signal via housewire. I know I can run cable between her router and my
office, but there isn't an easy path between the two locations. Hence,
the two DSL lines.

Larry

http://www.linksysbycisco.com/US/en/products/PowerLine
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 9, 12:06*pm, Doug Winterburn wrote:
jtpryan wrote:
On Jun 9, 8:18 am, "HeyBub" wrote:
TD Driver wrote:
[...]

True, but that is only on the wireless side.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 9, 1:43*pm, Steve Turner wrote:
jtpryan wrote:
I use Google Groups for news reading now. *No binaries, but it really
is better for reading groups like this one. *And it's free. *If you
want to share photos of projects then use one of the free web based
photo sharing services like Picassa. *No, I don't work for Google...

Better than *what*? *I hate browsing groups with Google...

--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/

I used to use Forte Agent. I guess it's what you get used to, but I
really prefer Google when reading this. I can set up an RSS feed with
alerts in my email, the searching is of course the best, I don't need
offline capabilities any more. But I know what you mean, I used Agent
for years and slowly got sucked into the Google borg, now I am one
with it;+}

-Jim
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 9, 4:54*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
jtpryan wrote:
On Jun 9, 8:18 am, "HeyBub" wrote:
TD Driver wrote:
[...]

You are correct about wireless, I only mentioned it because it's nice
to have as an option. You can turn it off if you don't use it much.
I've never had that experience with Google. If I start a thread, I
almost immediately go back to the group, see it on top and star it.
It does seem to appear more quickly in active groups like this one,
but that just may be a perception.

-Jim

Posted to rec.woodworking

HeyBub wrote:
jtpryan wrote:
On Jun 9, 8:18 am, "HeyBub" wrote:
TD Driver wrote:
[...]

Have you tried a second access point set up as a repeater?

-Jim
Posted to rec.woodworking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
"-MIKE-" wrote in message
Len wrote:
Looks like this is it for me, unless I can find another news server.

motzarella.org

I tried them and they miss a lot of postings so I no longer use them.

I've been using Motzarella.org free since Comcast dropped usenet, I
guess about a year. I never lose any postings, and it works exactly as
good and as fast as giganews worked with comcast.

I just tried it in fact, and they do not have many of the binaries that
teranews and giganews have.

Motzarella doesn't carry ANY binaries. If you need binaries you must
pay. I get to see abpw woodworking binaries free from:

http://www.delorie.com/wood/abpw/

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

TD Driver wrote:
Didn't mean to get off track on this, but let me clarify my set up. Two
offices in the house, 75 feet apart. My 'puter has wireless, my wife's
does not so needs to be wired into the combo modem/router. That
modem/router's signal doesn't reach my office -- probably due to the
stainless steel appliances in the kitchen that stands between the two
offices.

What router do you use?

I have a Linksys WRT54G wireless and it easily reaches 75 feet for sure.
I can also run the laptops in our kitchen, and our kitchen is full of
stainless steel appliances, no problem. There probably is something
interfering with the transmission, but I'd be surprised if it was the
stainless steel stuff. Something else must be going on.

How far does your wireless reach?

(Yes, I've thought about moving the kitchen :-)). I've tried
intermediate "signal booster" to no avail as well as trying to send the
signal via housewire. I know I can run cable between her router and my
office, but there isn't an easy path between the two locations. Hence,
the two DSL lines.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

Jack Stein wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
"-MIKE-" wrote in message
Len wrote:
Looks like this is it for me, unless I can find another news server.

motzarella.org

I tried them and they miss a lot of postings so I no longer use them.

I've been using Motzarella.org free since Comcast dropped usenet, I
guess about a year. I never lose any postings, and it works exactly as
good and as fast as giganews worked with comcast.

I just switched to motzarella.org the other day after hearing about AT&T
shutting down our news servers; I wanted to run with it a while to see
if it was comparable, and so far so good.

I just tried it in fact, and they do not have many of the binaries
that teranews and giganews have.

Motzarella doesn't carry ANY binaries. If you need binaries you must
pay. I get to see abpw woodworking binaries free from:

http://www.delorie.com/wood/abpw/

Yeah, I ****ed and moaned when AT&T quit carrying binaries about a year
ago, but since I still had *some* semblance of a news service with them
I couldn't see paying extra for an external service. Now I'm seriously
considering paying the one-time setup fee for Teranews so I can have the
whole ball of wax again. I'll send the bill to AT&T. :-)

To reply, eat the taco.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/
Posted to rec.woodworking

Jack Stein wrote:

I have both wired and wireless on my router and there is not a
noticeable difference on internet connections. The main thing is both
my kids play games over the wireless and that takes a lot of
bandwidth, no problem there. I use it on my laptop to watch
Ustream.tv pool tournaments on my big screen TV. I have no problem at
all, even when my kids are on at the same time. The main thing is
wireless is fast enough for most stuff you do on-line. Gaming and
watching TV is about as intense as it gets I think, and simply flying
around the net doesn't even get it breathing hard. 54Mbps is not
much of a limitation for most stuff, Comcast is lucky if it gives you
6 Mbps.

The points you make are well-taken. After all the smoke and features are
boiled away, the issue comes down to the physical location - and intangibles
and unmeasurables such as Voodoo - probably more than anything else.

Posted to rec.woodworking

HeyBub wrote:

"Preferably wireless" is problematic. Wireless routers suffer from two
debilitating characteristics: they are much easier to hack than wired
routers

I'm not sure about that, but I'm not the CIA so not a lot of people are
trying to hack into my system. I'd guess the majority of wireless
routers don't even have security enabled. Still 99.99% of people would
at best be able to use their internet connection if thy parked across
the street. Getting into their PC would be far more problematic. In
fact, most people have a hard time doing it on their own system.

[...]

Thats true. I can go outside on my deck which is about 50' long going
away from the router, and about another 20-30 feet (2 rooms) away from
the router, and have no problem with that distance. Not sure how far it
will go, but I think you would need a huge house to outdistance it.
Other things could come into play, like is he broadcasting from a lead
lined room or something.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article
"Ed Pawlowski" writes:

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
.. .
"Len" wrote:

Looks like this is it for me, unless I can find another news server.

Can you get Verizon?

Lew

Verizon is terrible as far as the groups it carries. No alt or binaries.
I just signed up for Giganews at $3 a month. www.giganews.com

I'm with giganews as well, same rate.

The odd-timing thing is that I had closed (technically, scheduled
for closing) my giganews account about 2 weeks ago as part of
trimming my spending. Then the AT&T posting came through. So I
switched giganews to the low-volume setting instead of the unlimited
that I had been using.

--
| Stories of tortures used by debauchers
Drew Lawson | lurid, licentious and vile
| make me smile
Posted to rec.woodworking

jtpryan wrote:
On Jun 9, 8:18 am, "HeyBub" wrote:
TD Driver wrote:
[...]

The spi firewall is on all connections. MAC filtering is on wlan.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Jack Stein" wrote in message

Motzarella doesn't carry ANY binaries. If you need binaries you must pay.

Yes and no. They carry one of the binaries groups I frequent, but have only
the text postings, no binaries postings

For the past 36 hours I've run both the giganews and the teranews groups and
both have had equal numbers of posts, but I have problems replying to the
teranews at times. Maybe their pay servers are better. .

Posted to rec.woodworking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
"Jack Stein" wrote in message

Motzarella doesn't carry ANY binaries. If you need binaries you must pay.

Yes and no. They carry one of the binaries groups I frequent, but have only
the text postings, no binaries postings

For the past 36 hours I've run both the giganews and the teranews groups and
both have had equal numbers of posts, but I have problems replying to the
teranews at times. Maybe their pay servers are better. .

I'm using motzarella right now and it's working fine, and the
performance is almost as good as AT&T's servers. I just tried accessing
the public.teranews.com server (free, unlimited, binaries, but no
posting, and download speeds are capped) and it's not responding (nor is
their unlimited.teranews.com server). Their free.teranews.com server
responds, but of course I haven't established an account with them so I
can access it. That coupled with your comment about having troubles
posting doesn't make me want to give them any money...

--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/

AT&T Usenet Netnews Service Shutting Down FreeTheBirthCert Home Repair 18 June 9th 09 08:24 PM
RCA P61939 keeps shutting down catsman Electronics Repair 1 December 6th 05 10:48 PM
Boiler shutting down Dean Cox UK diy 65 October 21st 05 09:36 PM
Technic SA-DA8 shutting down Will Electronics Repair 1 May 1st 04 06:10 AM
Heat Keeps Shutting Off Frontier Home Repair 29 December 24th 03 01:44 PM