Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default AT&T Usenet Netnews Service Shutting Down

Jack Stein wrote:

I have both wired and wireless on my router and there is not a
noticeable difference on internet connections. The main thing is both
my kids play games over the wireless and that takes a lot of
bandwidth, no problem there. I use it on my laptop to watch
Ustream.tv pool tournaments on my big screen TV. I have no problem at
all, even when my kids are on at the same time. The main thing is
wireless is fast enough for most stuff you do on-line. Gaming and
watching TV is about as intense as it gets I think, and simply flying
around the net doesn't even get it breathing hard. 54Mbps is not
much of a limitation for most stuff, Comcast is lucky if it gives you
6 Mbps.

The points you make are well-taken. After all the smoke and features are
boiled away, the issue comes down to the physical location - and intangibles
and unmeasurables such as Voodoo - probably more than anything else.