Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Stein Jack Stein is offline

Default AT&T Usenet Netnews Service Shutting Down

TD Driver wrote:
Didn't mean to get off track on this, but let me clarify my set up. Two
offices in the house, 75 feet apart. My 'puter has wireless, my wife's
does not so needs to be wired into the combo modem/router. That
modem/router's signal doesn't reach my office -- probably due to the
stainless steel appliances in the kitchen that stands between the two
offices.

What router do you use?

I have a Linksys WRT54G wireless and it easily reaches 75 feet for sure.
I can also run the laptops in our kitchen, and our kitchen is full of
stainless steel appliances, no problem. There probably is something
interfering with the transmission, but I'd be surprised if it was the
stainless steel stuff. Something else must be going on.

How far does your wireless reach?

(Yes, I've thought about moving the kitchen :-)). I've tried
intermediate "signal booster" to no avail as well as trying to send the
signal via housewire. I know I can run cable between her router and my
office, but there isn't an easy path between the two locations. Hence,
the two DSL lines.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com