Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve Turner[_2_] Steve Turner[_2_] is offline

Default AT&T Usenet Netnews Service Shutting Down

Jack Stein wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
"-MIKE-" wrote in message
Len wrote:
Looks like this is it for me, unless I can find another news server.

motzarella.org

I tried them and they miss a lot of postings so I no longer use them.

I've been using Motzarella.org free since Comcast dropped usenet, I
guess about a year. I never lose any postings, and it works exactly as
good and as fast as giganews worked with comcast.

I just switched to motzarella.org the other day after hearing about AT&T
shutting down our news servers; I wanted to run with it a while to see
if it was comparable, and so far so good.

I just tried it in fact, and they do not have many of the binaries
that teranews and giganews have.

Motzarella doesn't carry ANY binaries. If you need binaries you must
pay. I get to see abpw woodworking binaries free from:

http://www.delorie.com/wood/abpw/

Yeah, I ****ed and moaned when AT&T quit carrying binaries about a year
ago, but since I still had *some* semblance of a news service with them
I couldn't see paying extra for an external service. Now I'm seriously
considering paying the one-time setup fee for Teranews so I can have the
whole ball of wax again. I'll send the bill to AT&T. :-)

To reply, eat the taco.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/