Posted to rec.woodworking
Nova Nova is offline

Default AT&T Usenet Netnews Service Shutting Down

TD Driver wrote:
I'm in the same AT&T boat. I have another server, TeraNews, that offers
a pretty good package for a one-time fixed fee of a couple of bucks.

I've got too much stuff with ATT to drop 'em, but they are tops on my
list for terrible service. When I signed up for my DSL, the sales gal
swore up and down that I'd be able to cover two computers at opposite
ends of my house with one connection. She said 300 feet is quite
doable, so my 75 feet between units was easily doable. Hah. I now have
two DSL services in my house. You think they'd give me a break on the
second service, right?

Larry

That's strange. I've wired an entire church/elementary school (27
machines) to a single DSL line using over 2000' of CAT5e, one router and
about 7 network switches. I had no problem.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA