Posted to rec.woodworking
David

Default Ebay prices crack me up!

Example:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Boeshield-T-9-Ru...QQcmdZViewItem

Boeshield:$8 current bid. shipping $8.

what's wrong with this picture?

I just ordered some for $12 with NO shipping from a boat supplier.

Tee hee!

dave
Posted to rec.woodworking

Some of the sales are really absurd. When looking for a source for
30330 return address labels for my labelwriter printer, I had a look at
ebay.ca.

One guy has them on sale for 9.99 US and wants a standard flat rate
shipping fee to Canada of 25.66 US.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy

In article ,
David wrote:

Boeshield:$8 current bid. shipping $8.

Like that clown selling a computer lessons CD for FREE... $ 6.95 US for
S&H.

You'd be paying him for a CD which has nothing but advertising of his
products.

Nose-hair trimmer, and cordless drill. $19.95. $29.95 S&H
Posted to rec.woodworking

yea, the shipping scame is pretty common, and cheap as hell.
If i see a seller who is going nuts with the shipping, i always send
them an email asking them if they made a mistake and mean 5.00 for
shipping instead of 50.00, etc etc, or something along those lines to
try and **** them off.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Toller

If i see a seller who is going nuts with the shipping, i always send
them an email asking them if they made a mistake and mean 5.00 for
shipping instead of 50.00, etc etc, or something along those lines to
try and **** them off.

I've gotten a number of complaints like that because I (like everyone else
on eBay) charge about $5 handling. It takes time to pack it up and ship it.
Beats the heck out of me why they complain, when all they have to do is bid
accordingly, or not bid at all.
One guy won the auction and then demanded I reduce the shipping; like he is
somehow special. I told him to forget about it and I sold it to the next
bidder.

Posted to rec.woodworking
LRod

On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 22:04:53 GMT, "Toller" wrote:

I've gotten a number of complaints like that because I (like everyone else
on eBay) charge about $5 handling. It takes time to pack it up and ship it.

Well, why don't you break it down altogether: $6 house payment, $2
mortgage interest, $3.50 gas, 75¢ electricity, 50¢ tape, etc. Those
are all rents that should be in the base price of the product, just
like the raw materials and the machinery is to a manufacturer.

It's unethical, in my opinion to break out a separate (additional)
charge for "handling" when that cost should be a part of the cost of
the product. It represents pure profit, so far as I'm concerned, just
like extended warranties, just because someone wants to maintain a
price point to make a sale. It belongs in the price.

Beats the heck out of me why they complain, when all they have to do is bid
accordingly, or not bid at all.

No problem. I won't be bidding on yours. I sure do retain the right to
bitch about it, though.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

Posted to rec.woodworking
Charles Spitzer

"LRod" wrote in message
On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 22:04:53 GMT, "Toller" wrote:

I've gotten a number of complaints like that because I (like everyone else
on eBay) charge about $5 handling. It takes time to pack it up and ship
it.

Well, why don't you break it down altogether: $6 house payment, $2
mortgage interest, $3.50 gas, 75¢ electricity, 50¢ tape, etc. Those
are all rents that should be in the base price of the product, just
like the raw materials and the machinery is to a manufacturer.

like the phone company? $7 for this fee, $3.75 for that fee, ad inifinitum,
when all the fees are is part of the base charge anyway.

It's unethical, in my opinion to break out a separate (additional)
charge for "handling" when that cost should be a part of the cost of
the product. It represents pure profit, so far as I'm concerned, just
like extended warranties, just because someone wants to maintain a
price point to make a sale. It belongs in the price.

Beats the heck out of me why they complain, when all they have to do is
bid
accordingly, or not bid at all.

No problem. I won't be bidding on yours. I sure do retain the right to
bitch about it, though.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Barta

wrote:

yea, the shipping scame is pretty common, and cheap as hell.
If i see a seller who is going nuts with the shipping, i always send
them an email asking them if they made a mistake and mean 5.00 for
shipping instead of 50.00, etc etc, or something along those lines
to try and **** them off.

I have no use for jerkoffs that sell a $20 item for $5 then charge $40
for shipping. They might as well have tattooed on their forehead...
"I'm a dishonest putz but I don't have the wit or the courage to be
any good at it." I never buy anything from those types because you
don't know what other lame surprises are in store for you.

Joe Barta

Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Berger

Don't your customers have to "handle" it too? They have to take
delivery (sometimes that means picking it up from UPS, USPS, etc.),
unpack it, and dispose of the packing materials. Why can't you
take your effort into account in the selling price?

Toller wrote:

I've gotten a number of complaints like that because I (like everyone else
on eBay) charge about $5 handling. It takes time to pack it up and ship it.
Beats the heck out of me why they complain, when all they have to do is bid
accordingly, or not bid at all.
One guy won the auction and then demanded I reduce the shipping; like he is
somehow special. I told him to forget about it and I sold it to the next
bidder.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Frank Arthur

If you had to send the bottle or can of Boeshield to someone else in the USA
how much would you have to spend to box and ship it?
USPS, UPS or whatever.

"David" wrote in message
Example:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Boeshield-T-9-Ru...QQcmdZViewItem

Boeshield:$8 current bid. shipping $8.

what's wrong with this picture?

I just ordered some for $12 with NO shipping from a boat supplier.

Tee hee!

dave

Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom P

All and all It's what ever you can get. I never bid on items with high
shipping or if I do I only bid what its worth as a deal with shipping
combined. LET THE BUYER BEWARE

"David" wrote in message
Example:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Boeshield-T-9-Ru...QQcmdZViewItem

Boeshield:$8 current bid. shipping $8.

what's wrong with this picture?

I just ordered some for $12 with NO shipping from a boat supplier.

Tee hee!

dave

Posted to rec.woodworking
Brian Elfert

Joe Barta writes:

I have no use for jerkoffs that sell a $20 item for $5 then charge $40
for shipping. They might as well have tattooed on their forehead...
"I'm a dishonest putz but I don't have the wit or the courage to be
any good at it." I never buy anything from those types because you
don't know what other lame surprises are in store for you.

I know guys who sold Xbox 360s at huge profits on Ebay before Christmas.

They charged $40 to $50 shipping and justified it as covering shipping,
Ebay, and Paypal fees. The 50% to 100% profit they made couldn't cover
the Ebay and Paypal fees??

Shipping fees should cover the cost to get something to me, not be a huge
profit margin for the seller. Some sellers sell stuff for 1 cent and
charge $19.95 shipping to get around Ebay fees as Ebay doesn't charge
their cut on shipping.

Brian Elfert
Posted to rec.woodworking
Lobby Dosser

Brian Elfert wrote:

Shipping fees should cover the cost to get something to me, not be a
huge profit margin for the seller. Some sellers sell stuff for 1 cent
and charge $19.95 shipping to get around Ebay fees as Ebay doesn't
charge their cut on shipping.

Why doesn't e-bay go after them? I see a lot of this and it is blatently
obvious that they are avoiding the e-bay fees.
Posted to rec.woodworking
David

Default ! :

Ba r r y wrote:
On 6 Jan 2006 13:26:16 -0800, wrote:

yea, the shipping scame is pretty common, and cheap as hell.
If i see a seller who is going nuts with the shipping, i always send
them an email asking them if they made a mistake and mean 5.00 for
shipping instead of 50.00, etc etc, or something along those lines to
try and **** them off.

The seller Dave was pointing to isn't exactly scamming on shipping.

He is offering $7.95 flat rate shipping, and offers to combine
auctions for one shipping charge. He has 767 items currently for
sale. The seller has a 5000+ 99.9% positive feedback rating.

That's a scam? Have you priced actual packaging and shipping charges,
including pickup fees or gas to get to the shipper lately? How about
time? Is yours free?

If I order just this one item from Grizzly via Amazon, it's $7.95 +
$7.70 for shipping, or I can buy a 12 oz. can of Boeshield locally for
about $15 + sales tax. $7.95 for a 4 oz. can of Boeshield, and paying
shipping on the one item simply dosen't make economic sense if you're
looking for a deal.

The boating supplier Dave mentions probably is using it as a
loss-leader special to attract other sales, as they're probably losing
a few cents on it if you order nothing else.

Now if Dave would share the name of the boating supplier... G

I can do that.
and the name of the boating supplier is...

bettersailing.com

I meant to order just one or two cans but ended up adding a silicone
free dry lubricant as well, about $17/can.

dave
Posted to rec.woodworking
David

"David" wrote in message

Example:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Boeshield-T-9-Ru...QQcmdZViewItem

Boeshield:$8 current bid. shipping $8.

what's wrong with this picture?

I just ordered some for $12 with NO shipping from a boat supplier.

Tee hee!

dave

at least $6. that's why i ordered 2 cans of the T9 and added another
$17 can of dry film lube to my order--I felt guilty!

Dave

Posted to rec.woodworking
David

Ba r r y wrote:

[...]

(I guess I accidently cleared out the subject on the previous post)

I can do that.
and the name of the boating supplier is...

bettersailing.com

I meant to order just one or two cans but ended up adding a silicone
free dry lubricant as well, about $17/can.

dave
Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Barta

Lobby Dosser wrote:

Brian Elfert wrote:

Shipping fees should cover the cost to get something to me, not
be a huge profit margin for the seller. Some sellers sell stuff
for 1 cent and charge $19.95 shipping to get around Ebay fees as
Ebay doesn't charge their cut on shipping.

Why doesn't e-bay go after them? I see a lot of this and it is
blatently obvious that they are avoiding the e-bay fees.

I never thought of that. I've sold stuff on ebay and I use Paypal..
the fees for both are pretty low. But I suppose if you sell a lot of
stuff and start with a nearly full retail price, those fees might add
up. I'm sure ebay is aware of this and either they don't care, or
they'll do something about it eventually.

Capitalism... gotta love it :-)

Joe Barta
Posted to rec.woodworking
Toller

"Joe Barta" wrote in message
.. .
wrote:

yea, the shipping scame is pretty common, and cheap as hell.
If i see a seller who is going nuts with the shipping, i always send
them an email asking them if they made a mistake and mean 5.00 for
shipping instead of 50.00, etc etc, or something along those lines
to try and **** them off.

I have no use for jerkoffs that sell a $20 item for $5 then charge $40
for shipping. They might as well have tattooed on their forehead...
"I'm a dishonest putz but I don't have the wit or the courage to be
any good at it." I never buy anything from those types because you
don't know what other lame surprises are in store for you.

Geez, when you see an item you decide how much you want to pay for it; say
$40.
If shipping is $5 you bid $35. If shipping is $30 you bid $10.
What is so damn hard about understanding that?
And what is lame or dishonest about it?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg O

"LRod" wrote in message
On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 22:04:53 GMT, "Toller" wrote:

I've gotten a number of complaints like that because I (like everyone else
on eBay) charge about $5 handling. It takes time to pack it up and ship
it.

Charge what ever you want for shipping an handling! Just be up front about
it and I will decide if the total price is in line. I refuse to bid if the
shipping and handling is not shown.
My neighbor "won" an auction on Ebay lately. He sent an e-mail for a request
for shipping charges before he bid. After the bid was done the seller sent
him a e-mail for the total, with shipping, and HANDLING! The shipping was as
quoted, but the added handling charge was more than the shipping. It was a
small item, but with all the charges it was more than he would have wanted
bid/pay for the item.
Greg

Junior Member

My brother in law bought a bicycle on ebay with a really high shipping and handling price (even for a bicycle). The only thing was he was from the same city as the seller and he told him he would pick it up. The seller demanded he have it shipped, my BIL said no, so the seller refused to go thru with the sale.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lobby Dosser

"Toller" wrote:

"Joe Barta" wrote in message
.. .
wrote:

[...]

e-bay does not collect a fee on "shipping". Let's say the "true" shipping
and handling cost is $10. If you charge $30, you get $20 that is not
dinged with a fee.

On another note, one technique I have found useful as a buyer is to query
sellers for a 'best price to my doorstep'. I've used this technique when
buying multiples of an item and usually query as many sellers as I can
find selling the same or similar items. The seller then sets up a private
auction for the agreed upon price. I have seen sellers load more than 50%
of the quote into the shipping come auction time.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Lobby Dosser

"Greg O" wrote:

"LRod" wrote in message
On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 22:04:53 GMT, "Toller" wrote:

I've gotten a number of complaints like that because I (like everyone
else on eBay) charge about $5 handling. It takes time to pack it up
and ship it.

Charge what ever you want for shipping an handling! Just be up front
about it and I will decide if the total price is in line. I refuse to
bid if the shipping and handling is not shown.
My neighbor "won" an auction on Ebay lately. He sent an e-mail for a
request for shipping charges before he bid. After the bid was done the
seller sent him a e-mail for the total, with shipping, and HANDLING!
The shipping was as quoted, but the added handling charge was more
than the shipping. It was a small item, but with all the charges it
was more than he would have wanted bid/pay for the item.
Greg

I always ask for shipping And handling, though frequently I'll pass an
auction that does not quote S&H or provide a calculator.
Posted to rec.woodworking
A.M. Wood

"It's unethical, in my opinion to break out a separate (additional)
charge for "handling" when that cost should be a part of the cost of
the product."

That is idiotic for a number of reasons.

There is absolutely NOTHING unethical about charging a fee for a
necessary service as long as the fee is disclosed in advance. It is
also not a "scam." Only a moron believes they are scammed when they
are told that shipping costs $x.xx if they buy something.

Simple math will prove that $19 for a product + $1 for shipping = $20
just like is $15 for a product + $5 for shipping = $20. Now maybe some
people are fooled by the difference and feel a whole lot better and I'm
certain the advertisers just love having those kind of folks around.
However the rest of us don't much care about anything more than the
all-in cost of $20, because that's what we are paying.

If you had ever shipped anything you would know that it costs money to
buy packing tape, boxes and bubble wrap. People get really ****ed off
when the stuff they bought arrives damaged because it wasn't properly
packaged.

"I have no use for jerkoffs that sell a $20 item for $5 then charge $40
for shipping."

The only jerkoff is the one who can't clearly see that they are paying
$45 for a $20 item and go ahead and make the purchase.

"Don't your customers have to "handle" it too? "

Yes they do. And they are more then welcome to bill themselves for
their trouble.

Posted to rec.woodworking
todd

"LRod" wrote in message
On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 22:04:53 GMT, "Toller" wrote:

I've gotten a number of complaints like that because I (like everyone

else
on eBay) charge about $5 handling. It takes time to pack it up and ship

it.

Well, why don't you break it down altogether: $6 house payment, $2
mortgage interest, $3.50 gas, 75¢ electricity, 50¢ tape, etc. Those
are all rents that should be in the base price of the product, just
like the raw materials and the machinery is to a manufacturer.

It's unethical, in my opinion to break out a separate (additional)
charge for "handling" when that cost should be a part of the cost of
the product. It represents pure profit, so far as I'm concerned, just
like extended warranties, just because someone wants to maintain a
price point to make a sale. It belongs in the price.

Well, it's a little harder to build the price in on an auction. Since the
seller doesn't know what the final price will be, it makes sense for the
shipping and handling to be factored in by the buyer. I think it's
different for a seller who auctions something here and there than it is for
an established business who actually knows their fixed and variable costs
and can factor them into the sales price. For me, I take the actual
shipping cost and throw in $2 for supplies. I don't think it's unethical to
break out a handling cost. What I think is unethical is one of the other
stories in this thread where the bidder asked for the shipping cost prior to
bidding and then when the auction is over a handling charge is sneaked in.

todd

Posted to rec.woodworking
todd

"Brian Elfert" wrote in message
Joe Barta writes:

I have no use for jerkoffs that sell a $20 item for $5 then charge $40
for shipping. They might as well have tattooed on their forehead...
"I'm a dishonest putz but I don't have the wit or the courage to be
any good at it." I never buy anything from those types because you
don't know what other lame surprises are in store for you.

I know guys who sold Xbox 360s at huge profits on Ebay before Christmas.

They charged $40 to $50 shipping and justified it as covering shipping,
Ebay, and Paypal fees. The 50% to 100% profit they made couldn't cover
the Ebay and Paypal fees??

It is against one's user agreement with PayPal to "charge back" PayPal fees.

Shipping fees should cover the cost to get something to me, not be a huge
profit margin for the seller. Some sellers sell stuff for 1 cent and
charge $19.95 shipping to get around Ebay fees as Ebay doesn't charge
their cut on shipping.

That's also contrary to eBay policy. I don't know why they don't crack down
on it, since it's money out of their pocket.

Brian Elfert

todd

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Barta

Toller wrote:

"Joe Barta" wrote in message
.. .
wrote:

yea, the shipping scame is pretty common, and cheap as hell.
If i see a seller who is going nuts with the shipping, i always
send them an email asking them if they made a mistake and mean
5.00 for shipping instead of 50.00, etc etc, or something along
those lines to try and **** them off.

I have no use for jerkoffs that sell a $20 item for $5 then
charge $40 for shipping. They might as well have tattooed on
their forehead... "I'm a dishonest putz but I don't have the wit
or the courage to be any good at it." I never buy anything from
those types because you don't know what other lame surprises are
in store for you.

Geez, when you see an item you decide how much you want to pay for
it; say $40.
If shipping is $5 you bid $35. If shipping is $30 you bid $10.
What is so damn hard about understanding that?

I understand it perfectly. Confusion is not the problem.

And what is lame or dishonest about it?

So if I sold you a car for $100 and charged you a $15,000 delivery fee
that wouldn't be lame? (and *of course* you can't pick it up dummy)

If I sell you a tire for $5 but I charge $80 for mounting and
balancing.... that's not dishonest? (and no, you can't mount it
yourself sir... all tires come with mounting and balancing as a
courtesty)

Buy one widget for $10 and we'll throw in a second widget for FREE...
just pay the shipping and handling (which happens to be $12.95...
EACH)

It's not at all difficult to understand.... and if YOU want to do
business with folks that play these games, that's your option. But
when you get bit in the ass by one of them, I hope you don't complain
too loudly because this guy won't be feelin no sympathy!

Joe Barta

P.S. And if you think it's just okie dokie to skate past ebay's
fees... if someone were to use a loophole to skate past paying YOU
what you might otherwise be owed, I wonder if you'd think it was
perfectly ok.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Toller

And what is lame or dishonest about it?

So if I sold you a car for $100 and charged you a $15,000 delivery fee
that wouldn't be lame? (and *of course* you can't pick it up dummy)

Okay, the car costs $15,100. Is that lame or dishonest? Seems perfectly
honest and straight forward to me.

And who said you can't pick it up? I sold a large piece of exercise
equipment on Ebay. For anyone wanting it shipped I charged "the actual
freight cost plus $50 handling" The buyer paid $355 for the machine, $50
for handling, and $65 for freight. The buyer knew the story before bidding
and was delighted with her bargain.
I didn't bother to figure out in advance what the shipping would be, because
I assumed the buyer would be local and pick it up. Then there would be no
freight and no handling.
Was I lame or dishonest?

If I sell you a tire for $5 but I charge $80 for mounting and
balancing.... that's not dishonest? (and no, you can't mount it
yourself sir... all tires come with mounting and balancing as a
courtesty)

Well, lets see. The tire costs $85. And that is dishonest how?

It's not at all difficult to understand.... and if YOU want to do
business with folks that play these games, that's your option. But
when you get bit in the ass by one of them, I hope you don't complain
too loudly because this guy won't be feelin no sympathy!

How could I get bit when the cost is known to me before I bid? If I am too
stupid or lazy to add in the shipping before bidding then I certainly
deserve what I get.

Joe Barta

P.S. And if you think it's just okie dokie to skate past ebay's
fees... if someone were to use a loophole to skate past paying YOU
what you might otherwise be owed, I wonder if you'd think it was
perfectly ok.

Ebay doesn't seem to have a problem with people charging handling; they
would just charge commission on the entire transaction rather than just the
product if they cared. Why on earth do you? Or are you just trolling on
this and I bit?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Bud

Shipping fees should cover the cost to get something to me, not be a huge
profit margin for the seller. Some sellers sell stuff for 1 cent and
charge $19.95 shipping to get around Ebay fees as Ebay doesn't charge
their cut on shipping.

That's also contrary to eBay policy. I don't know why they don't crack down
on it, since it's money out of their pocket.

Hundred of thousands of auctions. Not sure how they could monitor such
things on an item by item level without any complaints. They may do
some sampling, however.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Brian Elfert

"todd" writes:

They charged $40 to $50 shipping and justified it as covering shipping,
Ebay, and Paypal fees. The 50% to 100% profit they made couldn't cover
the Ebay and Paypal fees??

It is against one's user agreement with PayPal to "charge back" PayPal fees.

They weren't/aren't chargin back the Paypal fees. They are just
justifying inflated shipping by saying they need to cover the Paypal and
Ebay fees.

That's also contrary to eBay policy. I don't know why they don't crack down
on it, since it's money out of their pocket.

It may be against Ebay policy, but many sellers do it. There would
probably be a seller rebellion if they started charging their cut on
shipping as some sellers pass along true costs and some items cost
hundreds to ship.

Brian Elfert

Posted to rec.woodworking
Brian Elfert

toolmiser writes:

My brother in law bought a bicycle on ebay with a really high shipping
and handling price (even for a bicycle). The only thing was he was
from the same city as the seller and he told him he would pick it up.
The seller demanded he have it shipped, my BIL said no, so the seller
refused to go thru with the sale.

I was looking at Dell computers on Ebay before Christmas and saw lots of
good prices. But, the price became ripoffs when shipping of $75 to $100
was added. I ended up buying from the Dell Outlet.

One seller even had a different price listed for local pickup that was
like $50 higher than the regular Buy It Now price. He was basically
adding on the profit he normally makes on shipping.

Brian Elfert
Posted to rec.woodworking
Toller

"toolmiser" wrote in message

My brother in law bought a bicycle on ebay with a really high shipping
and handling price (even for a bicycle). The only thing was he was
from the same city as the seller and he told him he would pick it up.
The seller demanded he have it shipped, my BIL said no, so the seller
refused to go thru with the sale.

Unless the seller says he allows pickups, you are required to ask before
bidding if you want to pick up.
A number of people have refused to allow pickups or charged a handling
charge. I asked first, so I didn't bid, and now filter their listings out.
No big problem.
I have never refused a pick up, though it has just happened once. It is
easier than shipping, and worth forgoing my $5 handling charge. Obviously
other sellers don't feel that way, but they have the right to run their
auction any way they want, as long as they conform to eBay requirements.
Your BIL deserves a negative feedback for backing out of a purchase; though
I expect the seller just let it go because it wasn't worth the hassle.

Posted to rec.woodworking

And what should I bid to the guy that was selling labels for my Dymo
Labelwriter for $9.99 and was charging $25 flat rate for shipment to
Canada?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Charles Self

Joe Barta writes:

I have no use for jerkoffs that sell a $20 item for $5 then charge $40
for shipping. They might as well have tattooed on their forehead...
"I'm a dishonest putz but I don't have the wit or the courage to be
any good at it." I never buy anything from those types because you
don't know what other lame surprises are in store for you.

I know guys who sold Xbox 360s at huge profits on Ebay before Christmas.

They charged $40 to $50 shipping and justified it as covering shipping,
Ebay, and Paypal fees. The 50% to 100% profit they made couldn't cover
the Ebay and Paypal fees??

Shipping fees should cover the cost to get something to me, not be a huge
profit margin for the seller. Some sellers sell stuff for 1 cent and
charge $19.95 shipping to get around Ebay fees as Ebay doesn't charge
their cut on shipping.

I got a friend to Ebay some old books for me, stuff I hadn't looked at in a
decade or more, but that was useful and costly when bought and might be
useful to others. Most sold for $1.50 or so. I listed a flat $5 shipping, no
deals. Most cost $1.40 for postage and a buck for the envelope. I "made" $2
or so extra on each book because of the postage...but I had to address the
envelopes, drive them into town and stand in line to ship the suckers.

My decision: I'd rather throw the books away next time it happens. It's a
PITA, got my buddy six or seven neutral feedbacks because of the shipping
costs, and basically didn't bring in enough to cover the time and energy of
entering the books on Ebay.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Charles Self

wrote in message
oups.com...
And what should I bid to the guy that was selling labels for my Dymo
Labelwriter for $9.99 and was charging $25 flat rate for shipment to
Canada?

I don't know what those labels cost in a store, but I'd say you shouldn't
bid if the combined price bothers you.

Posted to rec.woodworking
foggytown

A.M. Wood wrote:

"I have no use for jerkoffs that sell a $20 item for $5 then charge $40
for shipping."

The only jerkoff is the one who can't clearly see that they are paying
$45 for a $20 item and go ahead and make the purchase.

In my case I won't buy from any seller who has to resort to that kind
of tactic because it screams "DON'T TRUST THIS PERSON". If a
traditional store with an on-line service can deliver a washing machine
for $30, why do some ebay sellers require the same amount for an item
that will fit in your mail box?

We know that ratings and feedback on ebay are no longer credible guides
to a buyer/seller's integrity. Common sense has to rule. From now on
whenevr I see one of these obvious overcharges, the seller is going to
get a pointed comment which will also be copied in to ebay.

FoggyTown

Posted to rec.woodworking
Roger amd Missy Behnke

Every buy something from a traditional retailer or catalog warehouse then
have it shipped? There is usually a shipping AND handling charge. Are
these merchants being unethical?

"LRod" wrote in message
[...]

Ebay, best prices on Welders? [email protected] Metalworking 18 March 26th 05 04:04 PM
EBay hack Don Foreman Metalworking 59 March 23rd 05 02:32 AM
HELP Crack in brand new TV case - Best way to hide the repair???? willshak Home Repair 0 January 25th 05 01:33 AM
Repairing a small crack in poured basement abacus Home Repair 7 July 15th 04 03:53 AM
Papering over a settlement crack in an internal wall Gordon UK diy 1 February 17th 04 06:42 PM