Posted to rec.woodworking
Brian Elfert

Default Ebay prices crack me up!

toolmiser writes:

My brother in law bought a bicycle on ebay with a really high shipping
and handling price (even for a bicycle). The only thing was he was
from the same city as the seller and he told him he would pick it up.
The seller demanded he have it shipped, my BIL said no, so the seller
refused to go thru with the sale.

I was looking at Dell computers on Ebay before Christmas and saw lots of
good prices. But, the price became ripoffs when shipping of $75 to $100
was added. I ended up buying from the Dell Outlet.

One seller even had a different price listed for local pickup that was
like $50 higher than the regular Buy It Now price. He was basically
adding on the profit he normally makes on shipping.

Brian Elfert