Posted to rec.woodworking
Lobby Dosser

Default Ebay prices crack me up!

"Toller" wrote:

"Joe Barta" wrote in message
.. .
wrote:

yea, the shipping scame is pretty common, and cheap as hell.
If i see a seller who is going nuts with the shipping, i always send
them an email asking them if they made a mistake and mean 5.00 for
shipping instead of 50.00, etc etc, or something along those lines
to try and **** them off.

I have no use for jerkoffs that sell a $20 item for $5 then charge
$40 for shipping. They might as well have tattooed on their
forehead... "I'm a dishonest putz but I don't have the wit or the
courage to be any good at it." I never buy anything from those types
because you don't know what other lame surprises are in store for
you.

Geez, when you see an item you decide how much you want to pay for it;
say $40.
If shipping is $5 you bid $35. If shipping is $30 you bid $10.
What is so damn hard about understanding that?
And what is lame or dishonest about it?

e-bay does not collect a fee on "shipping". Let's say the "true" shipping
and handling cost is $10. If you charge $30, you get $20 that is not
dinged with a fee.

On another note, one technique I have found useful as a buyer is to query
sellers for a 'best price to my doorstep'. I've used this technique when
buying multiples of an item and usually query as many sellers as I can
find selling the same or similar items. The seller then sets up a private
auction for the agreed upon price. I have seen sellers load more than 50%
of the quote into the shipping come auction time.