Posted to rec.woodworking
Charles Spitzer

Default Ebay prices crack me up!

"LRod" wrote in message
On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 22:04:53 GMT, "Toller" wrote:

I've gotten a number of complaints like that because I (like everyone else
on eBay) charge about $5 handling. It takes time to pack it up and ship
it.

Well, why don't you break it down altogether: $6 house payment, $2
mortgage interest, $3.50 gas, 75¢ electricity, 50¢ tape, etc. Those
are all rents that should be in the base price of the product, just
like the raw materials and the machinery is to a manufacturer.

like the phone company? $7 for this fee, $3.75 for that fee, ad inifinitum,
when all the fees are is part of the base charge anyway.

It's unethical, in my opinion to break out a separate (additional)
charge for "handling" when that cost should be a part of the cost of
the product. It represents pure profit, so far as I'm concerned, just
like extended warranties, just because someone wants to maintain a
price point to make a sale. It belongs in the price.

Beats the heck out of me why they complain, when all they have to do is
bid
accordingly, or not bid at all.

No problem. I won't be bidding on yours. I sure do retain the right to
bitch about it, though.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net