Posted to rec.woodworking
Lobby Dosser

Default Ebay prices crack me up!

"Greg O" wrote:

"LRod" wrote in message
On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 22:04:53 GMT, "Toller" wrote:

I've gotten a number of complaints like that because I (like everyone
else on eBay) charge about $5 handling. It takes time to pack it up
and ship it.

Charge what ever you want for shipping an handling! Just be up front
about it and I will decide if the total price is in line. I refuse to
bid if the shipping and handling is not shown.
My neighbor "won" an auction on Ebay lately. He sent an e-mail for a
request for shipping charges before he bid. After the bid was done the
seller sent him a e-mail for the total, with shipping, and HANDLING!
The shipping was as quoted, but the added handling charge was more
than the shipping. It was a small item, but with all the charges it
was more than he would have wanted bid/pay for the item.
Greg

I always ask for shipping And handling, though frequently I'll pass an
auction that does not quote S&H or provide a calculator.