Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg O

Default Ebay prices crack me up!

"LRod" wrote in message
On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 22:04:53 GMT, "Toller" wrote:

I've gotten a number of complaints like that because I (like everyone else
on eBay) charge about $5 handling. It takes time to pack it up and ship
it.

Charge what ever you want for shipping an handling! Just be up front about
it and I will decide if the total price is in line. I refuse to bid if the
shipping and handling is not shown.
My neighbor "won" an auction on Ebay lately. He sent an e-mail for a request
for shipping charges before he bid. After the bid was done the seller sent
him a e-mail for the total, with shipping, and HANDLING! The shipping was as
quoted, but the added handling charge was more than the shipping. It was a
small item, but with all the charges it was more than he would have wanted
bid/pay for the item.
Greg