Posted to rec.woodworking
todd

Default Ebay prices crack me up!

"Brian Elfert" wrote in message
Joe Barta writes:

I have no use for jerkoffs that sell a $20 item for $5 then charge $40
for shipping. They might as well have tattooed on their forehead...
"I'm a dishonest putz but I don't have the wit or the courage to be
any good at it." I never buy anything from those types because you
don't know what other lame surprises are in store for you.

I know guys who sold Xbox 360s at huge profits on Ebay before Christmas.

They charged $40 to $50 shipping and justified it as covering shipping,
Ebay, and Paypal fees. The 50% to 100% profit they made couldn't cover
the Ebay and Paypal fees??

It is against one's user agreement with PayPal to "charge back" PayPal fees.

Shipping fees should cover the cost to get something to me, not be a huge
profit margin for the seller. Some sellers sell stuff for 1 cent and
charge $19.95 shipping to get around Ebay fees as Ebay doesn't charge
their cut on shipping.

That's also contrary to eBay policy. I don't know why they don't crack down
on it, since it's money out of their pocket.

Brian Elfert

todd