Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Barta

Default Ebay prices crack me up!

Toller wrote:

"Joe Barta" wrote in message
.. .
wrote:

yea, the shipping scame is pretty common, and cheap as hell.
If i see a seller who is going nuts with the shipping, i always
send them an email asking them if they made a mistake and mean
5.00 for shipping instead of 50.00, etc etc, or something along
those lines to try and **** them off.

I have no use for jerkoffs that sell a $20 item for $5 then
charge $40 for shipping. They might as well have tattooed on
their forehead... "I'm a dishonest putz but I don't have the wit
or the courage to be any good at it." I never buy anything from
those types because you don't know what other lame surprises are
in store for you.

Geez, when you see an item you decide how much you want to pay for
it; say $40.
If shipping is $5 you bid $35. If shipping is $30 you bid $10.
What is so damn hard about understanding that?

I understand it perfectly. Confusion is not the problem.

And what is lame or dishonest about it?

So if I sold you a car for $100 and charged you a $15,000 delivery fee
that wouldn't be lame? (and *of course* you can't pick it up dummy)

If I sell you a tire for $5 but I charge $80 for mounting and
balancing.... that's not dishonest? (and no, you can't mount it
yourself sir... all tires come with mounting and balancing as a
courtesty)

Buy one widget for $10 and we'll throw in a second widget for FREE...
just pay the shipping and handling (which happens to be $12.95...
EACH)

It's not at all difficult to understand.... and if YOU want to do
business with folks that play these games, that's your option. But
when you get bit in the ass by one of them, I hope you don't complain
too loudly because this guy won't be feelin no sympathy!

Joe Barta

P.S. And if you think it's just okie dokie to skate past ebay's
fees... if someone were to use a loophole to skate past paying YOU
what you might otherwise be owed, I wonder if you'd think it was
perfectly ok.