Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT: Covid jab reactions?

On Tue, 30 Mar 2021 16:19:41 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

snip

Ok thanks. Please let us know how you feel over the next 24 hours. ;-)

Will do - so long as I live :-)

John ... John! Wake up! ;-)

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

snip

Ok thanks. Please let us know how you feel over the next 24 hours. ;-)

Will do - so long as I live :-)

John ... John! Wake up! ;-)

Who me, must I?

Still here apparently... arm feels like it is a bit bruised, and very
slight temperature - but other than that, so far so good.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31/03/2021 11:51, Martin Brown wrote:
On 30/03/2021 16:26, John Rumm wrote:
On 30/03/2021 14:12, Radio Man wrote:

I think the Pfizer is more powerful because I've had both vaccines (I
am clinically highly vulnerable) and the Pfizer gave me more side
effects than the Astra Zeneca.

That seems like a leap of logic too far. For starters you would not
necessarily expect the same response to the first jab as you get to
the second, and you can only be a COVID19 vaccine virgin the once.

Worse than that being given one of each is an unlicensed use unless you
are a part of a clinical trail into mixing and matching of vaccines.

It is supposed to be a second injection of the same vaccine.

Trials of using a different second vaccine have been ongoing for some
time now.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

snip

Ok thanks. Please let us know how you feel over the next 24 hours. ;-)

Will do - so long as I live :-)

John ... John! Wake up! ;-)

Who me, must I?

phew

Still here apparently... arm feels like it is a bit bruised, and very
slight temperature -

One you can feel or you have measured?

but other than that, so far so good.

Gdgd. ;-)

On a more administrative note / question. I took a call from an agent
working at our local surgery (I'm not sure if she was working there
temporarily to do that sort of thing, she sounded like it) and
accepted the booking for the Mrs to have her first jab at a local
medical centre a couple of miles away (within the next couple of
days). She also said I could have mine whilst we were there, sent both
of us booking confirmations by TXT then rang later to cancel mine as
she had offered me one by mistake (too young, toy boy etc). ;-)

Some weeks later and with the jab rollout going well, I received a
letter from the NHS offering me my jab and to book it online. The
nearest place being 5 miles away (but likely crap parking) and the
next being 7 miles away, with the potential of parking outside (the
concern re parking being finding a place at all and if I had to leave
the Mrs 'circling', the likely pushback to such responsibility). ;-(

Now, I'm more than happy to drive the 7 miles and back, especially if
that frees up something more local for people no so mobile but I was
wondering what the deal is re those being offered it via their surgery
and those getting a more formal / central / NHS invite?

Listening around, it seems some have simply either just turned up at
the local places, got in the queue and been given their jab (or not,
the guy in the queue when the Mrs was getting her second jab suggested
he didn't have an appointment but she didn't know how he got on (and I
was 'hovering' round the corner in the car)), or requested a jab at
somewhere 'local' simply because they CBA to travel further?

The place I had mine was just a High Street pharmacy that had been
partly converted into a jab centre by adding some seats and screens in
the general shop area?

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

snip

Ok thanks. Please let us know how you feel over the next 24 hours. ;-)

Will do - so long as I live :-)

John ... John! Wake up! ;-)

Who me, must I?

phew

Still here apparently... arm feels like it is a bit bruised, and very
slight temperature -

One you can feel or you have measured?

Very casually - pointed my IR thermomemter at me bonce - it normally
shows about mid 34s on the forehead, but was hovering high 35s

but other than that, so far so good.

Gdgd. ;-)

On a more administrative note / question. I took a call from an agent
working at our local surgery (I'm not sure if she was working there
temporarily to do that sort of thing, she sounded like it) and
accepted the booking for the Mrs to have her first jab at a local
medical centre a couple of miles away (within the next couple of
days). She also said I could have mine whilst we were there, sent both
of us booking confirmations by TXT then rang later to cancel mine as
she had offered me one by mistake (too young, toy boy etc). ;-)

I get the impression there are a number of overlapping systems here. I
first got text from my gp with a link to a accurx web site. SWBMO did
not get that (don't think they have her mobile number) but got a call
from a real person at the surgery a couple of days later. Few days after
that, dead tree letter from NHS with link to nhs.co.uk to book on that.
Then last friday a text from NHS with link to the same web site promoted
on the letter.

I am expecting a carrier pidgin to turn up next!

(still you can't say they are not being diligent!)

Some weeks later and with the jab rollout going well, I received a
letter from the NHS offering me my jab and to book it online. The
nearest place being 5 miles away (but likely crap parking) and the
next being 7 miles away, with the potential of parking outside (the
concern re parking being finding a place at all and if I had to leave
the Mrs 'circling', the likely pushback to such responsibility). ;-(

Yup can't see SWMBO going for the suggestion she takes herself over
there tomorrow :-) Still on the bright side, our GPs surgery is slap
bang in the middle of a large car park so that is easy. (although in
"normal" times I often park on the street 4 mins walk away and save the
£1.20 they want for the car park (which used to be free for 20 mins, and
then cheap for another 30 mins - now you can only buy an hour plus)

Now, I'm more than happy to drive the 7 miles and back, especially if
that frees up something more local for people no so mobile but I was
wondering what the deal is re those being offered it via their surgery
and those getting a more formal / central / NHS invite?

I think if you do it via the nhs web site you get to choose a "local"
vaccination centre - but not necessarily your GP.

Still at least the 7 miles will give you chance to put some charge back
in the battery.

Listening around, it seems some have simply either just turned up at
the local places, got in the queue and been given their jab (or not,
the guy in the queue when the Mrs was getting her second jab suggested
he didn't have an appointment but she didn't know how he got on (and I
was 'hovering' round the corner in the car)), or requested a jab at
somewhere 'local' simply because they CBA to travel further?

Some of the local ones seem to have an "informal" reserve list[1] - so
you can leave your details, and they might call you at short notice one
night if they are going to have shots spare at the end of the day that
would otherwise have to be binned. Some of the staff at one of my
clients have managed to get theirs well ahead of their cohort that way.

[1]I get the impression there is no formal policy on this since you know
it's going to cause whinging regardless of how sensible the practice
would see to the "reasonable man".

The place I had mine was just a High Street pharmacy that had been
partly converted into a jab centre by adding some seats and screens in
the general shop area?

Yup I think our local one has done similar.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 31 Mar 2021 16:16:46 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

snip

One you can feel or you have measured?

Very casually - pointed my IR thermomemter at me bonce - it normally
shows about mid 34s on the forehead, but was hovering high 35s

;-)

I get the impression there are a number of overlapping systems here. I
first got text from my gp with a link to a accurx web site. SWBMO did
not get that (don't think they have her mobile number) but got a call
from a real person at the surgery a couple of days later. Few days after
that, dead tree letter from NHS with link to nhs.co.uk to book on that.
Then last friday a text from NHS with link to the same web site promoted
on the letter.

You would think they couldn't give the stuff away ... or maybe they
know you have a bad memory? ;-)

I am expecting a carrier pidgin to turn up next!

As long as avian flu hasn't got them all. ;-(

(still you can't say they are not being diligent!)

No, quite. Was just wondering if I was being mugged off as it seems
many others have had it locally. Admittedly many of those claimed
'underlying heath issues' so ... ?

Some weeks later and with the jab rollout going well, I received a
letter from the NHS offering me my jab and to book it online. The
nearest place being 5 miles away (but likely crap parking) and the
next being 7 miles away, with the potential of parking outside (the
concern re parking being finding a place at all and if I had to leave
the Mrs 'circling', the likely pushback to such responsibility). ;-(

Yup can't see SWMBO going for the suggestion she takes herself over
there tomorrow :-)

Mine might but I'm growing ever concerned that maybe she shouldn't be
trusted / expected to. ;-(

Ok, I know we haven't been out in the car much over the last year and
I don't think she drove any of those times but it's like falling off a
bike so ...

Still on the bright side, our GPs surgery is slap
bang in the middle of a large car park so that is easy. (although in
"normal" times I often park on the street 4 mins walk away and save the
£1.20 they want for the car park (which used to be free for 20 mins, and
then cheap for another 30 mins - now you can only buy an hour plus)

I think I put a couple of hours on the meter (best VFM), even though I
may have only been a few mins as I really didn't want her 'stressing'
that a warden was passing and her expecting to have to drive off (and
then get lost). ;-(

But then she was surprised that I was able to drive straight to her
second shot after X weeks ... seemingly ignoring the fact that I have
lived in this area my whole life (so far). What she meant was that
'she' couldn't have driven there the second time as she'd forgotten
where it was (1 mile from home).

Now, I'm more than happy to drive the 7 miles and back, especially if
that frees up something more local for people no so mobile but I was
wondering what the deal is re those being offered it via their surgery
and those getting a more formal / central / NHS invite?

I think if you do it via the nhs web site you get to choose a "local"
vaccination centre - but not necessarily your GP.

Yes and yes (you didn't). The did say something like 'If you wait
there could be more / better options' but I didn't want to take the
risk (catching Covid or then running out etc).

Still at least the 7 miles will give you chance to put some charge back
in the battery.

Agreed. The Meriva seems to be pretty good re parasitic drain and has
started readily even when left untouched for 3 months.

Listening around, it seems some have simply either just turned up at
the local places, got in the queue and been given their jab (or not,
the guy in the queue when the Mrs was getting her second jab suggested
he didn't have an appointment but she didn't know how he got on (and I
was 'hovering' round the corner in the car)), or requested a jab at
somewhere 'local' simply because they CBA to travel further?

Some of the local ones seem to have an "informal" reserve list[1] - so
you can leave your details, and they might call you at short notice one
night if they are going to have shots spare at the end of the day that
would otherwise have to be binned.

Yeah, I've heard of that.

Some of the staff at one of my
clients have managed to get theirs well ahead of their cohort that way.

Not a bad perk then, especially given they are putting themselves at
an increased risk.

[1]I get the impression there is no formal policy on this since you know
it's going to cause whinging regardless of how sensible the practice
would see to the "reasonable man".

Yeah, 'first come first served' and on the QT I would think in some
cases (last thing in a long day and with doses otherwise going to
waste).

The place I had mine was just a High Street pharmacy that had been
partly converted into a jab centre by adding some seats and screens in
the general shop area?

Yup I think our local one has done similar.

It looked a bit crude / enclosed compared where the Mrs went. The
'admin' was on some tables set out in the car park (first time in a
Gazebo, the second just in the open) and then walk a few paces into a
couple of temporarily looking buildings. She didn't even sit down on
the second one. ;-)

On mine I hovered outside for about 30 seconds, got called in, sat
inside (in a booth), filled out a form, had the jab and was out in
probably 2 mins but at least all of us had masks on and they kept the
door open.

I really don't understand why so many people don't want it, don't
think it's real (even) or don't seem to care (re masks / social
distancing / hand cleaning).

It was too late for me to do anything when the Mrs walked right up to
a street busker's girlfriend to praise her partners singing and give
her a couple of quid. It was quite loud so she was face to face and
neither she nor her had masks on ... ;-(

WTF you doing, you know there is a pandemic going on ...?

'I forgot ...' ;-(

TBF, if either of us has been in a shop / petrol station or anything
it's been me so she hasn't even had the little practice I have re mask
wearing. It's like being with a kid though, always keeping a bottle of
sanitiser in my pocket / car and monitoring everything she's touching

She did note that I was the ONLY person to open the doors coming out
of the shopping centre with my elbow (as I had done on the way in).

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Steve Walker wrote:
On 31/03/2021 11:51, Martin Brown wrote:
On 30/03/2021 16:26, John Rumm wrote:
On 30/03/2021 14:12, Radio Man wrote:

I think the Pfizer is more powerful because I've had both vaccines (I
am clinically highly vulnerable) and the Pfizer gave me more side
effects than the Astra Zeneca.

That seems like a leap of logic too far. For starters you would not
necessarily expect the same response to the first jab as you get to
the second, and you can only be a COVID19 vaccine virgin the once.

Worse than that being given one of each is an unlicensed use unless you
are a part of a clinical trail into mixing and matching of vaccines.

It is supposed to be a second injection of the same vaccine.

Trials of using a different second vaccine have been ongoing for some
time now.

Anyone had that? Quite a few friend have had the second jab, but all the
same as the first.

--
*Failure is not an option. It's bundled with your software.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
T i m wrote:
I get the impression there are a number of overlapping systems here. I
first got text from my gp with a link to a accurx web site. SWBMO did
not get that (don't think they have her mobile number) but got a call
from a real person at the surgery a couple of days later. Few days after
that, dead tree letter from NHS with link to nhs.co.uk to book on that.
Then last friday a text from NHS with link to the same web site promoted
on the letter.

You would think they couldn't give the stuff away ... or maybe they
know you have a bad memory? ;-)

I am expecting a carrier pidgin to turn up next!

Mine were arranged by my GP. At a local surgery. But still got contacted
by the NHS offering me one at the local hospital.
It would seem like they're not using a central database - or perhaps only
updating it once in a while.

However, you have to confirm the offer. So nothing wasted by asking me
twice. Better that than the other way.

--
*How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 31 Mar 2021 18:31:44 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

snip

Mine were arranged by my GP. At a local surgery.

I wonder if that was only the case for those above a certain age (my
Mrs is 70+ for example). High priority etc?

But still got contacted
by the NHS offering me one at the local hospital.

I only got that, the Mrs only got the GP call.

It would seem like they're not using a central database - or perhaps only
updating it once in a while.

Yeah, it seems to be a pretty mixed bag judging by those who have
commented on it so far.

However, you have to confirm the offer. So nothing wasted by asking me
twice. Better that than the other way.

Quite.

The Mrs runs our diary and unlike me where I was able to book the date
and time of both jabs from the dates and times offered, she was not
given a date for the second jab when given the first. Concerned she
might miss out, I suggested she check the interval covered between my
jabs and apply that to hers and see if we were past that date and she
wasn't.

Coincidentally I took the call from the GP a couple of days later
booking her second and it was arranged for a couple of days after
that.

First one she pretty well walked straight though it from me pulling up
outside to her getting back into the car about 60 seconds later.

Unfortunately, in spite of us turning up dead-on-time for her second
appointment, there was quite a queue spaced out along the pavement but
it only took maybe 15 mins for her to get sorted.

I think they had four injections stations running.

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Steve Walker wrote:
[...]

I don't think that they are giving different 2nd vaccinations as part of
the vaccination drive that way yet, only running it as a stand-alone
trial - ready for if one vaccine is in too short supply.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
T i m wrote:
[...]

I got a letter and booked both my vaccinations (1st is tomorrow
morning). I later got a text with a link. Following that link gave an
option to book or an option to decline making a booking. Selecting
decline gives further options, with one of them being that you are
already booked in. Hopefully that will have satisfied both the NHS
central database and that of the group of GP practices and neither
should send me any further, now unneeded letters or texts.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Steve Walker wrote:
[...]

As the voltage that electronic circuits need has continued to fall, they
probably don't own anything that *has* a 9V battery.

Indeed, all I can think of in our house (with three kids and lots of
tech) are DVMs, smoke alarms and a TENS machine. Even my alarm clock no
longer needs a backup battery - it stores settings and alarms in EEPROM
and synchronises the clock to the radio.

It's a pity, as they are ideal for testing N-gauge locomotives!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31/03/2021 14:50, Steve Walker wrote:
On 31/03/2021 11:51, Martin Brown wrote:
On 30/03/2021 16:26, John Rumm wrote:
On 30/03/2021 14:12, Radio Man wrote:

I think the Pfizer is more powerful because I've had both vaccines
(I am clinically highly vulnerable) and the Pfizer gave me more side
effects than the Astra Zeneca.

That seems like a leap of logic too far. For starters you would not
necessarily expect the same response to the first jab as you get to
the second, and you can only be a COVID19 vaccine virgin the once.

Worse than that being given one of each is an unlicensed use unless
you are a part of a clinical trail into mixing and matching of vaccines.

It is supposed to be a second injection of the same vaccine.

Trials of using a different second vaccine have been ongoing for some
time now.

But in monitored cohorts of not particularly vulnerable people.

OP claims to be "highly vulnerable". It would be most irresponsible to
subject such an individual to an untested mix and match vaccine schema.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31/03/2021 19:10, T i m wrote:
On Wed, 31 Mar 2021 18:31:44 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

snip

Mine were arranged by my GP. At a local surgery.

I wonder if that was only the case for those above a certain age (my
Mrs is 70+ for example). High priority etc?

In the case of our, no it seems like they contact all those eligible. I
got contact from the GP before the "national" invite.

But still got contacted
by the NHS offering me one at the local hospital.

I only got that, the Mrs only got the GP call.

We both go ours from the GP (me by text, her by phone)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 31 Mar 2021 20:39:31 +0100, Steve Walker wrote:

In article ,
Steve Walker wrote:
[...]

Probably replying to the wrong thread!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Walker wrote:
[...]

Yes, apparently I did. Not sure quite how, as they are well separated -
and I hadn't had a drink at that stage!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 31 Mar 2021 20:10:19 +0100, Steve Walker
wrote:

snip

I got a letter and booked both my vaccinations (1st is tomorrow
morning).

Any feedback?

I later got a text with a link.

When I took the call from the surgery it was on the house phone but I
updated their records and both our mobiles so they could send the
confirmations there.

When the Mrs came down I just told her she'd had a text, from the
doctors, confirming the appointment for her first jab and leaving her
to read it and put it in her dairy.

Following that link gave an
option to book or an option to decline making a booking.

After being called back and my appointment cancelled (their mistake, I
was too young) I got the NHS letter a couple of weeks later.

Selecting
decline gives further options, with one of them being that you are
already booked in.

I never saw those options of course and we didn't get an NHS invite
for the Mrs so I assume they had their act together for us.

Hopefully that will have satisfied both the NHS
central database and that of the group of GP practices and neither
should send me any further, now unneeded letters or texts.

I wouldn't mind if they did as at lest that means they have you in
their system. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31/03/2021 22:52, Steve Walker wrote:
On 31/03/2021 22:40, Bob Eager wrote:

Probably replying to the wrong thread!

Yes, apparently I did. Not sure quite how, as they are well separated -
and I hadn't had a drink at that stage!

Must be the post Covid-19 brain fog then, maybe ??.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/04/2021 16:38, Andrew wrote:
On 31/03/2021 22:52, Steve Walker wrote:
On 31/03/2021 22:40, Bob Eager wrote:

Probably replying to the wrong thread!

Yes, apparently I did. Not sure quite how, as they are well separated
- and I hadn't had a drink at that stage!

Must be the post Covid-19 brain fog then, maybe ??.

Nope. Not caught it and only had the first vaccination this morning.
I've no excuse.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 31 Mar 2021 17:25:35 +0100, T i m wrote:

On Wed, 31 Mar 2021 16:16:46 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

snip

[...]

You mean underlying heath *problems*. Get a gardener and tell him to action it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I am expecting a carrier pidgin to turn up next!

Must have affected you more than you think, unless you're actually
thinking of Malay/Papua New Guinea mipela tok pidgin.

--
AnthonyL

Why ever wait to finish a job before starting the next?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I am expecting a carrier pidgin to turn up next!

Must have affected you more than you think,

How do you figure that? - my spelling is a good as ever :-)

unless you're actually
thinking of Malay/Papua New Guinea mipela tok pidgin.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/03/2021 14:26, John Rumm wrote:
On 30/03/2021 11:44, T i m wrote:

One for the medical people ... As more and more people take the jab I
was wondering if there are any stats that cover what sort of reaction
they may have to one and why that might be?

eg. We both had the AZ jab (she's had both now) and neither of us had
any reaction at all.

In contrast, a mate, his Mrs and their friend all had theirs and all
three suffered ranging reactions from headaches, overall aching to
nausea etc?

All of the above are possible...

(I had my first one this morning, so I will find out which if any kick
in for me!)

As I understand it, the vaccine (most vaccines) start building our own
antibodies by exposing them to an inactive version of the target virus
(profile?)

Sometimes it's an attenuated or weakened version of the actual pathogen
(or possibly a genetically engineered version with its "payload"
removed), but more commonly its just a part of it - typically some of
the surface proteins since these will be what the immune system will
"see" first following infection.

Neither of the jabs in common use here are conventional ones. Quietly in
the last few years there's been some really radical work in biology.

The Pfizer-Biontech one is based on mRNA. This is a signalling system
used inside all living cells to make proteins, and in this case the
protein it makes is on the outside of the virus.

The AZ_Oxford one is a virus, but a modified cold virus. Modified to
make the same protein.

I had AZ, and had mild flu-like symptoms for a day; my wife had symptoms
for 3 days.

I know a few people who've had the real thing. They are young, and
basically healthy. And have become real zealots for everyone possible
being immunized. It's not fun.

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 2 Apr 2021 21:38:10 +0100, Vir Campestris
wrote:

snip

The Pfizer-Biontech one is based on mRNA. This is a signalling system
used inside all living cells to make proteins, and in this case the
protein it makes is on the outside of the virus.

The AZ_Oxford one is a virus, but a modified cold virus. Modified to
make the same protein.

I had AZ, and had mild flu-like symptoms for a day; my wife had symptoms
for 3 days.

I know a few people who've had the real thing. They are young, and
basically healthy. And have become real zealots for everyone possible
being immunized. It's not fun.

So do we think there is a link between the OAZ jab and blood clots
(and not with PB) or is it that there may have been more doses of the
OAZ jab administered for some (potentially unlinked) 'link' being
formed?

I saw something of white blood cells / platelets mentioned on the news
earlier (like there was a link)?

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"T i m" wrote in message
On Fri, 2 Apr 2021 21:38:10 +0100, Vir Campestris
wrote:

snip

The Pfizer-Biontech one is based on mRNA. This is a signalling system
used inside all living cells to make proteins, and in this case the
protein it makes is on the outside of the virus.

The AZ_Oxford one is a virus, but a modified cold virus. Modified to
make the same protein.

I had AZ, and had mild flu-like symptoms for a day; my wife had symptoms
for 3 days.

I know a few people who've had the real thing. They are young, and
basically healthy. And have become real zealots for everyone possible
being immunized. It's not fun.

So do we think there is a link between the OAZ jab and blood clots

We know there is and its known to only happen
is an unusual subset of middle aged women.

(and not with PB)

Yep.

or is it that there may have been more
doses of the OAZ jab administered for some
(potentially unlinked) 'link' being formed?

That isnt the reason.

I saw something of white blood cells / platelets
mentioned on the news earlier (like there was a link)?

Yep, you need to have a low platelet count to get the problem.

And it's a very specific type of blood clot too, cerebral venous sinus
thrombosis.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default More Heavy Trolling by the Senile Octogenarian Nym-Shifting Ozzie Cretin!

On Sat, 3 Apr 2021 09:15:07 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"T i m" wrote in message
On Fri, 2 Apr 2021 21:38:10 +0100, Vir Campestris
wrote:

snip

[...]

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-56620646

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Vir Campestris wrote:
I know a few people who've had the real thing. They are young, and
basically healthy. And have become real zealots for everyone possible
being immunized. It's not fun.

Quite. I have two friends who've had it, but not badly enough to have been
hospitalised. Both have the so called Long Covid. I don't know anyone out
of many who have had anything other than a mild reaction to the vaccine,
and the vast majority none at all. But most, being old like me, have had
Pfizer.

--
*Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
T i m wrote:
On Fri, 2 Apr 2021 21:38:10 +0100, Vir Campestris
wrote:

snip

[...]

Even if there is proved to be a link, it is still a tiny number compared
to the likelihood of being very ill with Covid.

Think of it like insurance. The vast majority never actually need their
house insurance. Yet happily pay it every year just in case of a serious
fire, etc.

--
*Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 03 Apr 2021 12:11:03 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

snip

So do we think there is a link between the OAZ jab and blood clots
(and not with PB) or is it that there may have been more doses of the
OAZ jab administered for some (potentially unlinked) 'link' being
formed?

I saw something of white blood cells / platelets mentioned on the news
earlier (like there was a link)?

Even if there is proved to be a link, it is still a tiny number compared
to the likelihood of being very ill with Covid.

Oh sure, I was just wondering if anyone yet thought that there
actually was a link, or that it couldn't still be just coincidence
etc?

Think of it like insurance. The vast majority never actually need their
house insurance. Yet happily pay it every year just in case of a serious
fire, etc.

Sure. The *only* issue might be if you were in the specific 'could be
at higher risk of a fatal blood clot' *if* it's actually linked to the
AZ vaccine, group.

If it's only 'middle aged women' then both of us here should be ok but
daughter is now 30 (so not middle aged but is a woman), but probably
won't be offered hers for a good while yet and by which time they
should have even more stats.

Just interested minds etc ... ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 03 Apr 2021 12:07:29 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Vir Campestris wrote:
I know a few people who've had the real thing. They are young, and
basically healthy. And have become real zealots for everyone possible
being immunized. It's not fun.

Quite. I have two friends who've had it, but not badly enough to have been
hospitalised.

My mate (70+) has lost 3 family members and a couple of his (Ex)
garage customers to it. I'm not sure if he's aware of anyone who has
had it and survived?

Turns out my Mums next_door_neighbour had it (and survived) so that
was a pretty close call (for her).

snip

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Vir Campestris wrote:
I know a few people who've had the real thing. They are young, and
basically healthy. And have become real zealots for everyone possible
being immunized. It's not fun.

Quite. I have two friends who've had it, but not badly enough to have been
hospitalised. Both have the so called Long Covid. I don't know anyone out
of many who have had anything other than a mild reaction to the vaccine,
and the vast majority none at all. But most, being old like me, have had
Pfizer.

I've had the Oxford one - I'm also old

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/04/2021 13:06, charles wrote:
In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Vir Campestris wrote:
I know a few people who've had the real thing. They are young, and
basically healthy. And have become real zealots for everyone possible
being immunized. It's not fun.

Quite. I have two friends who've had it, but not badly enough to have been
hospitalised. Both have the so called Long Covid. I don't know anyone out
of many who have had anything other than a mild reaction to the vaccine,
and the vast majority none at all. But most, being old like me, have had
Pfizer.

I've had the Oxford one - I'm also old

Me, too.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
T i m wrote:
Sure. The *only* issue might be if you were in the specific 'could be
at higher risk of a fatal blood clot' *if* it's actually linked to the
AZ vaccine, group.

Everyone is at risk of a fatal blood clot vaccine or not. But the
percentages who get it, tiny.

Seems to me many look for any excuse not to have the vaccine. And aren't
interested in actual risks.

No different, really, from gambling. Everyone knows the vast majority lose
overall, but plenty still do it regularly.

--
*I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/04/2021 13:06, charles wrote:
In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Vir Campestris wrote:
I know a few people who've had the real thing. They are young, and
basically healthy. And have become real zealots for everyone possible
being immunized. It's not fun.

Quite. I have two friends who've had it, but not badly enough to have been
hospitalised. Both have the so called Long Covid. I don't know anyone out
of many who have had anything other than a mild reaction to the vaccine,
and the vast majority none at all. But most, being old like me, have had
Pfizer.

I've had the Oxford one - I'm also old

Ditto

But Marxism is the crack cocaine.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/04/2021 13:06, charles wrote:
In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Vir Campestris wrote:
I know a few people who've had the real thing. They are young, and
basically healthy. And have become real zealots for everyone possible
being immunized. It's not fun.

Quite. I have two friends who've had it, but not badly enough to have been
hospitalised. Both have the so called Long Covid. I don't know anyone out
of many who have had anything other than a mild reaction to the vaccine,
and the vast majority none at all. But most, being old like me, have had
Pfizer.

I've had the Oxford one - I'm also old

I had the Oxford/AZ vaccine on Thursday morning. On Friday I woke up
with a very slight headache and my left arm was slightly still. Neither
enough to affect my day. However, I did feel very tired for various
parts of the day.

I had less sleep than normal last night, but have been back to normal
still today.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 03 Apr 2021 14:45:42 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
T i m wrote:
Sure. The *only* issue might be if you were in the specific 'could be
at higher risk of a fatal blood clot' *if* it's actually linked to the
AZ vaccine, group.

Everyone is at risk of a fatal blood clot vaccine or not.

Yes, but that's not what we are talking about here.

But the
percentages who get it, tiny.

Sure ... and once any risk is defined, typically not a problem, unless
it happens to be you or one of yours.

Seems to me many look for any excuse not to have the vaccine.

But that could depend if you are a glass half full or half empty
person.

And aren't
interested in actual risks.

I'm not sure they are something as easy to define and any risk linked
to the vaccine itself.

Like, if you don't have any underlying health issues, don't go out or
allow anyone in or near ... and regularly wash your hands and clean
any delivered shopping, what are the chances of catching covid? In
fact you are likely to be at a higher than normal (for you) risk,
whilst going to get your jab, including getting knocked down or
getting something else, like the flu!

So, it's potentially possible (however unlikely) you *could* be at a
greater risk in general, from the jab (inc allergic reaction etc) than
without.

I'm still not saying that you shouldn't get the jab, just that (*if*
there is an association with blood clots) and especially if you are in
the 'higher risk group (*if* there is an association with blood
clots), from having it compared with not.

No different, really, from gambling.

Agreed, if you do something that could put you at a higher than normal
risk.

Everyone knows the vast majority lose
overall, but plenty still do it regularly.

Because they get 'fun' or 'a buzz' out of that risk. I'm not sure
direct life-and-death risks are quite the same. ;-)

eg. Until any links between the jab and death from blood clots are
disproved, if I were a middle aged woman with the specific know /
suggested conditions ... and I didn't go out etc, I think I'd have to
think hard about having the AZ jab. So far the others not so.

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 3 Apr 2021 15:59:46 +0100, Steve Walker
wrote:

On 03/04/2021 13:06, charles wrote:
In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Vir Campestris wrote:
I know a few people who've had the real thing. They are young, and
basically healthy. And have become real zealots for everyone possible
being immunized. It's not fun.

Quite. I have two friends who've had it, but not badly enough to have been
hospitalised. Both have the so called Long Covid. I don't know anyone out
of many who have had anything other than a mild reaction to the vaccine,
and the vast majority none at all. But most, being old like me, have had
Pfizer.

I've had the Oxford one - I'm also old

I had the Oxford/AZ vaccine on Thursday morning. On Friday I woke up
with a very slight headache and my left arm was slightly still. Neither
enough to affect my day. However, I did feel very tired for various
parts of the day.

I think the potential for any *noticeable* side effects could be a
function of how much pain you may be in anyway?

The Mrs probably needs two new shoulders and is generally in pain from
them so wouldn't feel any 'new' low level pain from the injection
there.

If it made your ears ring I might not notice over my tinnitus.

I had less sleep than normal last night, but have been back to normal
still today.

Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

T i m wrote:
On Sat, 03 Apr 2021 12:11:03 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

snip

So do we think there is a link between the OAZ jab and blood clots
(and not with PB) or is it that there may have been more doses of the
OAZ jab administered for some (potentially unlinked) 'link' being
formed?
I saw something of white blood cells / platelets mentioned on the news
earlier (like there was a link)?

Even if there is proved to be a link, it is still a tiny number compared
to the likelihood of being very ill with Covid.

Oh sure, I was just wondering if anyone yet thought that there
actually was a link, or that it couldn't still be just coincidence
etc?

In the United States, there's already been one "coincidence"
that was ruled out. One of the other vaccines recorded some
cases, but their frequency is the same as the general population.

https://science.sciencemag.org/conte...6536/1294.full

"A somewhat similar blood disorder, called immune thrombocytopenia (ITP),
has been seen in at least 40 people in the United States who received
the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines against COVID-19, but the
U.S. Food and Drug Administration said that syndrome did not
appear to be more common in vaccinated people."

In other words, ITP condition is in the general population, and
would have occurrences whether vaccinated or not vaccinated.
The vaccine did not increase the frequency.

*******

This is a backgrounder for VIPIT.

vaccine-induced prothrombotic immune thrombocytopenia (VIPIT)

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...know-1.5370015

If VIPIT was a coincidence, they would have stated as much by now.
(That's if they'd seen a case in the general population,
in someone who had not had the AstraZenica jab.)

The incidence of people dying from it, may be reduced, as
treatment methods become more well-known by doctors.

*******

They already have labs set up for sticky platelet conditions.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...cine-1.5971270

"The lab runs specialized tests for different types of
platelet disorders, including screening for
Heparin-induced thrombocytopenia (HIT)."

Paul
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"T i m" wrote in message
On Sat, 03 Apr 2021 12:11:03 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

snip

[...]

There is some doubt about that now with a man in Melbourne
Australia who has just had the blood clots after vaccination.

That's far fewer than the multiple women in
western europe tho some of whom have died.

then both of us here should be ok but
daughter is now 30 (so not middle aged but is a woman), but probably
won't be offered hers for a good while yet and by which time they
should have even more stats.

Just interested minds etc ... ;-)

It more than that with nurses etc.