Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vir Campestris Vir Campestris is offline

Default OT: Covid jab reactions?

On 30/03/2021 14:26, John Rumm wrote:
On 30/03/2021 11:44, T i m wrote:

One for the medical people ... As more and more people take the jab I
was wondering if there are any stats that cover what sort of reaction
they may have to one and why that might be?

eg. We both had the AZ jab (she's had both now) and neither of us had
any reaction at all.

In contrast, a mate, his Mrs and their friend all had theirs and all
three suffered ranging reactions from headaches, overall aching to
nausea etc?

All of the above are possible...

(I had my first one this morning, so I will find out which if any kick
in for me!)

As I understand it, the vaccine (most vaccines) start building our own
antibodies by exposing them to an inactive version of the target virus
(profile?)

Sometimes it's an attenuated or weakened version of the actual pathogen
(or possibly a genetically engineered version with its "payload"
removed), but more commonly its just a part of it - typically some of
the surface proteins since these will be what the immune system will
"see" first following infection.

Neither of the jabs in common use here are conventional ones. Quietly in
the last few years there's been some really radical work in biology.

The Pfizer-Biontech one is based on mRNA. This is a signalling system
used inside all living cells to make proteins, and in this case the
protein it makes is on the outside of the virus.

The AZ_Oxford one is a virus, but a modified cold virus. Modified to
make the same protein.

I had AZ, and had mild flu-like symptoms for a day; my wife had symptoms
for 3 days.

I know a few people who've had the real thing. They are young, and
basically healthy. And have become real zealots for everyone possible
being immunized. It's not fun.

Andy