Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default OT: Covid jab reactions?

On Wed, 31 Mar 2021 18:31:44 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

snip

Mine were arranged by my GP. At a local surgery.

I wonder if that was only the case for those above a certain age (my
Mrs is 70+ for example). High priority etc?

But still got contacted
by the NHS offering me one at the local hospital.

I only got that, the Mrs only got the GP call.

It would seem like they're not using a central database - or perhaps only
updating it once in a while.

Yeah, it seems to be a pretty mixed bag judging by those who have
commented on it so far.

However, you have to confirm the offer. So nothing wasted by asking me
twice. Better that than the other way.

Quite.

The Mrs runs our diary and unlike me where I was able to book the date
and time of both jabs from the dates and times offered, she was not
given a date for the second jab when given the first. Concerned she
might miss out, I suggested she check the interval covered between my
jabs and apply that to hers and see if we were past that date and she
wasn't.

Coincidentally I took the call from the GP a couple of days later
booking her second and it was arranged for a couple of days after
that.

First one she pretty well walked straight though it from me pulling up
outside to her getting back into the car about 60 seconds later.

Unfortunately, in spite of us turning up dead-on-time for her second
appointment, there was quite a queue spaced out along the pavement but
it only took maybe 15 mins for her to get sorted.

I think they had four injections stations running.

Cheers, T i m