Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default OT: Covid jab reactions?

On Wed, 31 Mar 2021 14:30:52 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

On 31/03/2021 12:11, T i m wrote:
On Tue, 30 Mar 2021 16:19:41 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

snip

Ok thanks. Please let us know how you feel over the next 24 hours. ;-)

Will do - so long as I live :-)

John ... John! Wake up! ;-)

Who me, must I?

phew

Still here apparently... arm feels like it is a bit bruised, and very
slight temperature -

One you can feel or you have measured?

but other than that, so far so good.

Gdgd. ;-)

On a more administrative note / question. I took a call from an agent
working at our local surgery (I'm not sure if she was working there
temporarily to do that sort of thing, she sounded like it) and
accepted the booking for the Mrs to have her first jab at a local
medical centre a couple of miles away (within the next couple of
days). She also said I could have mine whilst we were there, sent both
of us booking confirmations by TXT then rang later to cancel mine as
she had offered me one by mistake (too young, toy boy etc). ;-)

Some weeks later and with the jab rollout going well, I received a
letter from the NHS offering me my jab and to book it online. The
nearest place being 5 miles away (but likely crap parking) and the
next being 7 miles away, with the potential of parking outside (the
concern re parking being finding a place at all and if I had to leave
the Mrs 'circling', the likely pushback to such responsibility). ;-(

Now, I'm more than happy to drive the 7 miles and back, especially if
that frees up something more local for people no so mobile but I was
wondering what the deal is re those being offered it via their surgery
and those getting a more formal / central / NHS invite?

Listening around, it seems some have simply either just turned up at
the local places, got in the queue and been given their jab (or not,
the guy in the queue when the Mrs was getting her second jab suggested
he didn't have an appointment but she didn't know how he got on (and I
was 'hovering' round the corner in the car)), or requested a jab at
somewhere 'local' simply because they CBA to travel further?

The place I had mine was just a High Street pharmacy that had been
partly converted into a jab centre by adding some seats and screens in
the general shop area?

Cheers, T i m