Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default OT: Covid jab reactions?

On Sat, 03 Apr 2021 14:45:42 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
T i m wrote:
Sure. The *only* issue might be if you were in the specific 'could be
at higher risk of a fatal blood clot' *if* it's actually linked to the
AZ vaccine, group.

Everyone is at risk of a fatal blood clot vaccine or not.

Yes, but that's not what we are talking about here.

But the
percentages who get it, tiny.

Sure ... and once any risk is defined, typically not a problem, unless
it happens to be you or one of yours.

Seems to me many look for any excuse not to have the vaccine.

But that could depend if you are a glass half full or half empty
person.

And aren't
interested in actual risks.

I'm not sure they are something as easy to define and any risk linked
to the vaccine itself.

Like, if you don't have any underlying health issues, don't go out or
allow anyone in or near ... and regularly wash your hands and clean
any delivered shopping, what are the chances of catching covid? In
fact you are likely to be at a higher than normal (for you) risk,
whilst going to get your jab, including getting knocked down or
getting something else, like the flu!

So, it's potentially possible (however unlikely) you *could* be at a
greater risk in general, from the jab (inc allergic reaction etc) than
without.

I'm still not saying that you shouldn't get the jab, just that (*if*
there is an association with blood clots) and especially if you are in
the 'higher risk group (*if* there is an association with blood
clots), from having it compared with not.

No different, really, from gambling.

Agreed, if you do something that could put you at a higher than normal
risk.

Everyone knows the vast majority lose
overall, but plenty still do it regularly.

Because they get 'fun' or 'a buzz' out of that risk. I'm not sure
direct life-and-death risks are quite the same. ;-)

eg. Until any links between the jab and death from blood clots are
disproved, if I were a middle aged woman with the specific know /
suggested conditions ... and I didn't go out etc, I think I'd have to
think hard about having the AZ jab. So far the others not so.

Cheers, T i m