Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default When we get old (er)

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Tuesday, 9 August 2016 14:11:52 UTC+1, wrote:
On Tuesday, 9 August 2016 13:58:59 UTC+1, whisky-dave wrote:
On Monday, 8 August 2016 13:24:04 UTC+1, tabbypurr wrote:
On Monday, 8 August 2016 12:31:55 UTC+1, whisky-dave wrote:
On Thursday, 4 August 2016 21:08:50 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:

The latest Bosch only cost me $50 at a garage sale
and works fine.

for me it'd be the running cost that would annoy me I suspect.

12-20p a wash versus half an hour or so of hand washing.

Takes me less than a few miniutes and a couple of squerts of washing up
liquid DOES NOT cost even 12p.
My friend dishwasher runs overnight so not the fastest way to wash a
cup you want.

I don't believe you can wash a dishwasherful of stuff in a few minutes.
But seriously, I'm not interested in discussing it.

At least your right about that, but unkike you it seems I can wash up a
cup within a few minutes

Even a besotted drunk like yourself would use more than just a cup.

where as you seem to want to put it in a dishwasher. But for me
to get a dishwahser full of stuff would take me nearly a week,

It takes me more like 9-10 days depending on how often the
evening meal uses a full sized dinner plate instead of something
else and that's when I do the dishwasher run, when there are no
more clean full sized dinner plates left. I run out of those first
and the dishwasher is mostly full of the rest of the stuff by then.

how is that economical

By saving all that hot water you waste washing everything
you have used after ever meal or cup of tea etc.

or fast.

Lot less work putting stuff in the dishwasher after you have
eaten off it or drunk from it than washing it after doing that.

Perhaps IF I had a family of 4+

Dont need anything like that, that just
sees you run the dishwasher less frequently.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bod wrote
whisky-dave wrote
wrote
whisky-dave wrote
tabbypurr wrote
whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote

The latest Bosch only cost me $50 at a garage sale and works fine.

for me it'd be the running cost that would annoy me I suspect.

12-20p a wash versus half an hour or so of hand washing.

Takes me less than a few miniutes and a couple of squerts of washing up
liquid DOES NOT cost even 12p. My friend dishwasher runs overnight so
not the fastest way to wash a cup you want.

I don't believe you can wash a dishwasherful of stuff in a few minutes.
But seriously, I'm not interested in discussing it.

At least your right about that, but unkike you it seems I can wash up a
cup within a few minutes where as you seem to want to put it in a
dishwasher. But for me to get a dishwahser full of stuff would take me
nearly a week, how is that economical or fast.

Perhaps IF I had a family of 4+ or I ran gastro pub, or a resturant or
somethijng abopve the scale of just me I migth have condidered a
dishwasher.

There's two of us and I can wash up by hand well within 10 minutes after a
meal.

Much quicker to put it in the dishwasher.

Why on earth would we need a fishwasher!

To save all those 10 minutes of washing it by hand.

We'd need to buy double of every piece of cutlery and crockery as well.

Hardly the end of civilisation as we know it.

After a full dishwasher wash, you'd then have to spend several minutes
putting everything away. What a load of faffing about.

Lot less faffing around than ****ing 10 minutes
of your time against the wall after every meal.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 09 Aug 2016 22:06:24 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

[...]

And most people have too much of it. It's the kind of thing everyone gives you as presents, especially when you move house, get married, etc.

After a full dishwasher wash, you'd then have to spend several minutes
putting everything away. What a load of faffing about.

Lot less faffing around than ****ing 10 minutes
of your time against the wall after every meal.

In the UK we have indoor dunnies.

--
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me. -- Emo Philips
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 09 Aug 2016 20:50:23 +0100, Tim Streater wrote:

In article , James Wilkinson
wrote:

On Tue, 09 Aug 2016 19:51:33 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 09/08/2016 19:44, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Tue, 09 Aug 2016 19:35:54 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 09/08/2016 19:23, James Wilkinson wrote:

[snip]

Because you're not lazy like us. And I don't put things away either.
Dirty dishes collect in piles on the draining board, when it looks like
a load, I empty anything left in the dishwasher and stick the dirty
things in. As I need things which have run out on the cupboards, I get
one from the dishwasher.

Yuk!

What's yuk about it?

Piling up dirty dishes.

The dirt dries on pretty quickly.

Your method is too much of a faff. We just load as we go and empty once
its run overnight.

But you have to open the dishwasher and pull the tray out for every single dish. Much less time consuming to do all the loading in one go.

When I was single and working it took a week to fill
the d/w up.

4 days for me, but bowls of cat meat add extra.

And I never had a problem with odours

Me neither, including the meat bowls. When they're dry, they don't smell.

or the machine being
unable to clean the dishes. Very hot water sprayed at pressure is very
effective.

Very agreed.

--
Kakistocracy - Government by the least qualified or most unprincipled citizens.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/kakistocracy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 09 Aug 2016 00:37:53 +0100, Bob Eager wrote:

On Tue, 09 Aug 2016 00:25:53 +0100, James Wilkinson wrote:

On Mon, 08 Aug 2016 23:35:09 +0100, Bob Eager wrote:

On Mon, 08 Aug 2016 22:54:46 +0100, Tim Streater wrote:

In article , Bob Eager
wrote:

On Mon, 08 Aug 2016 22:29:52 +0100, James Wilkinson wrote:

On Mon, 08 Aug 2016 22:08:47 +0100, Bob Eager
wrote:

On Mon, 08 Aug 2016 20:15:59 +0100, James Wilkinson wrote:

On Mon, 08 Aug 2016 20:13:29 +0100, wrote:

On Monday, 8 August 2016 16:12:44 UTC+1, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Mon, 08 Aug 2016 13:22:35 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Thursday, 4 August 2016 21:08:50 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:

The latest Bosch only cost me $50 at a garage sale and works
fine.

for me it'd be the running cost that would annoy me I
suspect.

More fool you. It actually costs less to run than doing it by
hand.

Sure? Dishwashers only wash properly at something like 75C.
You don't use anything like that temperature by hand, most of
the work is done by scrubbing, but a dishwasher can't scrub.
You also drip dry things, or dry them with a towel. The
dishwasher uses heat.

Dishwashers use water blasting with grit to scrub dishes.

I didn't realise there was grit in the tablets.

Only old ones use a hot drying cycle now.

Mine is only about 2 years old and it does. So they dry by magic?

What tablets?

The things you put in to wash the dishes! The detergent!

I don't use tablets.

Me too neither. I use Finish powder - which you can only get in 1kg
plastic jobs now rather than the 3kg ones that used to be available.
They've pushed all the suckers towards tablets as they are more
expensive.

http://cpc.farnell.com/shorrock-tric...r-powder-10kg/

dp/
SA01340

Morrisons tablets are 5p each.

I never enter Morrisons.

Why not?

--
Every day more money is printed for Monopoly than the US Treasury.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

James Wilkinson wrote
[...]

Dunno. I expect most who do change to
a dishwasher would need to get more.

It's the kind of thing everyone gives you as presents, especially when you
move house, get married, etc.

I never had anyone give me any when moving house.

And eventually broke most of what I had which I started with.

After a full dishwasher wash, you'd then have to spend several minutes
putting everything away. What a load of faffing about.

Lot less faffing around than ****ing 10 minutes
of your time against the wall after every meal.

In the UK we have indoor dunnies.

Don't believe you.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 09 Aug 2016 21:04:43 +0100
Capitol wrote:

Having used tablets and no additional salt, nor rinse-aid, in our
Very Hard Water area for at least five years now, at approximately 2
washes per 3 weeks, there are no indications that my dishwasher's
softener is not working just fine.

If you have not refilled the salt container, your water softener
is clapped. Your dishwasher may however be capable of rinsing dishes
in hard water without lime deposition in same strange manner.
Manufacturers do not fit salt containers out of the goodness of their
heart. If it didn't work, they wouldn't fit it!

Whatever the 'strange manner' is, it's effective. You have not,
however, answered my question.

--
Davey.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 09 Aug 2016 20:18:15 +0100
Tim Streater wrote:

Agreed, and we find that the tablets do that just fine, even in our
Very Hard Water area.

I take it you are referring to the tablets that contain the washing
powder? If so, explain how any salt in such tablets can be beneficial.
As Bob points out, salt doesn't soften water.

I have no idea how it, or even if, regenerates the softener, but there
are no indications of lack of softening, in our Very Hard Water area.
There can, by now, be absolutely no residual salt in the machine, so
something is either softening the water, or having the same effect,
somehow. All we put in is dishes, and tablets.
However it is working, it is working, and we have no need to add salt
or rinse-aid to our machine.

--
Davey.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

You must have a choice. Here, we have Tesco's or Morrison's. The normal
procedure is to shop at Morrison's, and then move over to Tesco's for
the things that Morrison's doesn't stock, or are maybe cheaper there.
There is an Aldi, but it is full of crap that is piled high, and looks
as though the January sales just passed through. All the time. It is as
appetising as an American Wal-Mart store, and that is not a compliment.

--
Davey.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 09 Aug 2016 19:51:33 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 09/08/2016 19:44, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Tue, 09 Aug 2016 19:35:54 +0100, Bod wrote:

====snip====

Yuk!

What's yuk about it?

Piling up dirty dishes.

Yeah, my thought too. It's bad enough piling up dirty dishes *into* the
dishwasher but to consider piling them up on the draining board is beyond
the pale imho.

It's the emptying of the cleaned dishes and cutlery *out* of the
dishwasher which both me and the missus find a bit of a chore. Filling
the dishwasher seems less of a pain (unless your other half is hell bent
on sabotaging your efforts at honing your skills as a "Load Master").

I guess one way to eliminate the "Putting the dishes away" problem is to
install *two* dishwasher machines[1] so you can alternate between them as
a clean dishes 'source' and a dirty dishes 'sink' - no need for a full
size dishes/crockery cupboard[2] then! :-)

TBH, I'm surprised no enterprising manufacturer of domestic White Goods
has come up with a dishwasher designed to mimic this principle in one way
or another (I expect there are plenty of 'industrial' dishwasher designs
offering exactly this feature already available).

[1] I've just quickly checked our own kitchen to see if it's possible to
squeeze a second dishwasher in by sacrificing half a base unit. It turns
out that there is just sufficient space to do so but it would be a very
tight squeeze indeed and require shifting the sink unit some six inches
northward (the sink unit is by the east facing window looking out onto
our back garden).

It's doable (just!) but would involve far more work than I'd care to
undertake (or even shell out for) so it just ain't going to happen and,
having just 'floated the concept' to my missus, it's *never* gonna
happen! :-(

[2] I suppose a crockery cupboard would still be needed for spares and
'Best Crockery' but at least it needn't be disturbed quite so frequently
ensuring that its contents would suffer far less exposure to the risk of
'handling damage'.

Considering the advantages of becoming a "Two Dishwasher Family"
(convenience, redundancy and reduced damage risk to the "Best Crockery"),
I'm surprised it isn't a common theme in the more spacious family home
kitchen these days.

--
Johnny B Good

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 09 Aug 2016 19:35:54 +0100, wrote:

[...]

There is a two drawer dishwasher available (Fisher and Paytel
IIRC). Having used it, I can assure you that it is totally crap for
traditional unit. Two dishwashers are appealing, but only if mounted at
waist level to avoid the getting to the back low down area.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 9 August 2016 15:37:34 UTC+1, Bod wrote:
On 09/08/2016 15:18, whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, 9 August 2016 14:11:52 UTC+1, wrote:
On Tuesday, 9 August 2016 13:58:59 UTC+1, whisky-dave wrote:
On Monday, 8 August 2016 13:24:04 UTC+1, tabbypurr wrote:
On Monday, 8 August 2016 12:31:55 UTC+1, whisky-dave wrote:
On Thursday, 4 August 2016 21:08:50 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:

The latest Bosch only cost me $50 at a garage sale
and works fine.

for me it'd be the running cost that would annoy me I suspect.

12-20p a wash versus half an hour or so of hand washing.

Takes me less than a few miniutes and a couple of squerts of washing up liquid DOES NOT cost even 12p.
My friend dishwasher runs overnight so not the fastest way to wash a cup you want.

I don't believe you can wash a dishwasherful of stuff in a few minutes.. But seriously, I'm not interested in discussing it.

At least your right about that, but unkike you it seems I can wash up a cup within a few minutes where as you seem to want to put it in a dishwasher.
But for me to get a dishwahser full of stuff would take me nearly a week, how is that economical or fast.

Perhaps IF I had a family of 4+ or I ran gastro pub, or a resturant or somethijng abopve the scale of just me I migth have condidered a dishwasher..

There's two of us and I can wash up by hand well within 10 minutes
after a meal.

Me too and there's one of me and a cat.

Why on earth would we need a fishwasher!

No idea I gues if they get advertised and peole are told how cheap they are top use and how safe they are and how they can clean better than any other system then people will go from liking teh idea to feeling they want one and then feel they need one, then next stage is being thpought of as weird for not having one.

We'd need to buy double of
every piece of cutlery and crockery as well.

Well I have the sets you usually have to buy in sets of 4 or 6 if you want a set.

After a full dishwasher wash, you'd then have to spend several minutes
putting everything away. What a load of faffing about.

Yep. but some seem to think it's the best thing sicne whatever they last believed tras maids, and now it;s those hot taps to fill your kettle with.
Here at uni, I notice the (especailly the chinese) students filling their kettle to make tea and coffee from the water cooler, they stand there for 5 mins waiting for cooler to put cold water in their kettle.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 9 August 2016 16:13:40 UTC+1, wrote:
On Tuesday, 9 August 2016 15:18:06 UTC+1, whisky-dave wrote:
[...]

I can see no basis for such a claim. I knew this would be a brainless discussion.

It became that when you started. But if yuo;'re still havign problems

http://www.wikihow.com/Clean-Cups

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 8 August 2016 13:22:45 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Thursday, 4 August 2016 21:08:50 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Thursday, 4 August 2016 09:01:42 UTC+1, Bod wrote:
On 04/08/2016 08:49, Andy Burns wrote:
Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬) wrote:

apparently "they don't make dishes
anymore" so we only have deep bowls

My (not ancient) crockery has rice bowls and cereal dishes, I
find
the
rice bowls far better for cereal, than the cereal bowls which are
too
shallow and slosh out the sides to easily.

you'll appreciate the havoc that
causes trying to load the machine efficiently

Not really, no space for a washdisher here.

Washing up by hand only takes about 3 or 4 minutes with just the
two
of
us.

Even less with takeways. :-)

A Fishwasher is a waste of money to us and simply something else to
go
wrong, also takes up unnecessary space.

I cod do with one when I'm really lazy

Can't see why I should be doing what a machine can do for me.

for me it depends on the machine.

It actually depends on how much work is involved in doing it by hand.

If it were significanlty less hassle then I'd think about a machine
but for me it wouldn;t be significanlty less hassle to have a dishwasher.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 10:23:48 +0100, Tim Streater wrote:

wrote:

Your method is too much of a faff. We just load as we go and empty once
its run overnight.

But you have to open the dishwasher and pull the tray out for every single
dish. Much less time consuming to do all the loading in one go.

No, once per meal.

You never have snacks? Are you that regimented?

--
A scientist from Texas A&M University has invented a bra that keeps women's breasts from jiggling and prevents the nipples from pushing through the fabric when cold weather sets in.
At a news conference announcing the invention, the scientist was taken outside by a group of cowboys, who then proceeded to kick the **** out of him.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Your method is too much of a faff. We just load as we go and empty once
its run overnight.

But you have to open the dishwasher and pull the tray out for every single
dish. Much less time consuming to do all the loading in one go.

No, once per meal.

You never have snacks? Are you that regimented?

I had 2 wagon wheels and two toffee kit-kats for breakfat what exactly needs going in the dishwasher ?

if I have soemn snakes tonigh it'll be a cake of some sort of a packet of crips, I had worchester sauce again I found no need for a dishwasher didn;t even find need for a plate, although I wish I had a machine to automatically open the bags for me, it would save lots of time and probbly cheaper than opening them myself ;-P

Can you tell, me what snacks need a dishwasher ?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Your method is too much of a faff. We just load as we go and empty once
its run overnight.

But you have to open the dishwasher and pull the tray out for every single
dish. Much less time consuming to do all the loading in one go.

No, once per meal.

You never have snacks? Are you that regimented?

I had 2 wagon wheels and two toffee kit-kats for breakfat what exactly needs going in the dishwasher ?

if I have soemn snakes tonigh it'll be a cake of some sort of a packet of crips, I had worchester sauce again I found no need for a dishwasher didn;t even find need for a plate, although I wish I had a machine to automatically open the bags for me, it would save lots of time and probbly cheaper than opening them myself ;-P

Can you tell, me what snacks need a dishwasher ?

Well I stick things in the dirty dishes pile many times a day.

--
I've had bad luck with both my wives. The first one left me and the second one didn't.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 00:56:42 +0100, Johnny B Good wrote:

On Tue, 09 Aug 2016 19:51:33 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 09/08/2016 19:44, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Tue, 09 Aug 2016 19:35:54 +0100, Bod wrote:

====snip====

Yuk!

What's yuk about it?

Piling up dirty dishes.

Yeah, my thought too. It's bad enough piling up dirty dishes *into* the
dishwasher but to consider piling them up on the draining board is beyond
the pale imho.

Do you have OCD? Do you wash your hands 30 times a day? It's just a small amount of food that soon dries out, it doesn't smell.

It's the emptying of the cleaned dishes and cutlery *out* of the
dishwasher which both me and the missus find a bit of a chore. Filling
the dishwasher seems less of a pain (unless your other half is hell bent
on sabotaging your efforts at honing your skills as a "Load Master").

If you use your crockery from the dishwasher, there's hardly any to take out by the time you do the next load.

I guess one way to eliminate the "Putting the dishes away" problem is to
install *two* dishwasher machines[1] so you can alternate between them as
a clean dishes 'source' and a dirty dishes 'sink' - no need for a full
size dishes/crockery cupboard[2] then! :-)

Why would you need that? I just use the clean ones in the dishwasher while the dirty ones pile up on the sink.

--
I would defend the liberty of consenting adult creationists to practice whatever intellectual perversions they like in the privacy of their own homes; but it is also necessary to protect the young and innocent. -- Arthur C. Clarke
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 00:50:30 +0100, Davey wrote:

wrote:

[...]

The Aldi here is fine. There's one aisle with random stuff in it that changes every time. I never use that aisle as I go to a supermarket for specific things. If I had needed any of the things in the random aisle, I would have bought one when I needed it, from somewhere that always stocks those things.

The rest of the store however is food, cheap AND quality at the same time.

--
Thought for the Day:
The Bible teaches us to love your neighbour, and the Kama Sutra explains how.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 9 August 2016 14:11:52 UTC+1, tabbypurr wrote:
On Tuesday, 9 August 2016 13:58:59 UTC+1, whisky-dave wrote:
On Monday, 8 August 2016 13:24:04 UTC+1, tabbypurr wrote:

12-20p a wash versus half an hour or so of hand washing.

Takes me less than a few miniutes and a couple of squerts of washing up liquid DOES NOT cost even 12p.
My friend dishwasher runs overnight so not the fastest way to wash a cup you want.

I don't believe you can wash a dishwasherful of stuff in a few minutes. But seriously, I'm not interested in discussing it.

At least your right about that, but unkike you it seems I can wash up a cup within a few minutes

I can see no basis for such a claim. I knew this would be a brainless discussion.

It became that when you started. But if yuo;'re still havign problems

http://www.wikihow.com/Clean-Cups

Ah, another feeble new low. Bye bye.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2016-08-08, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Bob Eager
wrote:

On Mon, 08 Aug 2016 22:29:52 +0100, James Wilkinson wrote:

[36 lines snipped]

The things you put in to wash the dishes! The detergent!

I don't use tablets.

Me too neither.

+1

The only time we tried them, the dishes didn't get properly clean & we found
the soggy remains of the tablet in the bottom of the washer.

Didn't happen with me, either with my old dishwasher or the new one that says "tablet compatible" (I have no idea why you'd need anything special about a tablet compatible dishwasher, they all use hot water that will dissolve a tablet - yours must have a broken heater).

--
I go fishing; I catch nothing. I go to orgies; I catch everything.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2016-08-08, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Bob Eager
wrote:

On Mon, 08 Aug 2016 22:29:52 +0100, James Wilkinson wrote:

[36 lines snipped]

The things you put in to wash the dishes! The detergent!

I don't use tablets.

Me too neither.

+1

The only time we tried them, the dishes didn't get properly clean & we
found the soggy remains of the tablet in the bottom of the washer.

I use Finish powder - which you can only get in 1kg plastic jobs now
rather than the 3kg ones that used to be available.

Annoying, isn't it?

Did you see the CPC link I posted for the 10kg tubs?

I did. Have you actually used this stuff? And did it meet with SWNFI
approval?

SWNFI not found in any anagram searches. She who..... I presume.

--
If you walk into a nuclear power station with a pocket full of Brazil nuts, you will set off the radiation leak alarm, as Brazil nuts are radioative.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

That's because the tap water isnt drinkable in quite a bit of china.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬) wrote:

[...]

Corse it would if you use it properly. Leave it open, put stuff in it
after
you have used it. When its something like full, close the door and run
it.

How long will it take to fill ?

In my case normally 9-10 days depending on what I've had for the
evening meal. Its basically full when all the full sized dinner plates
are dirty and the time that takes to happen varys a little depending
on what I have had for dinner. I dont use a full sized dinner plate
with every evening meal.

Even if your kitchen is so badly designed that you can't leave it open
even you should be able to manage to open the door to put some
more stuff in it after the meal and to close the door after doing that.

yes but what's the point.

The point is not ****ing 10 minutes of your time
against the wall washing up by hand after each meal.

I have alsom found that I don;t need a lareg array of knives.
I find the knife I use with my fish a chips can also be used for
spreading butter or magarine, it can cut burgers, cheese all
sorts of things, so I havent; found a need for lots of cultery
such as fish knives steak knives butter knives.

I prefer to use the appropriate knife for the job. I use steak
knives for eating most evening meals, but prefer a proper
knife for spreading the marg and marm on the ****ing
great slab of toast that is all I have for breakfast and for
the spreading the marg and relish on the massive great
salami and lettuce open sandwich that I often have
from the dome cut off the vertical loaf with the bread
fresh out of the bread machine.

I don;t need a milk jug either I have the skill to
poor mile out of teh bottle straigh into my cup.

I haven't bothered with milk for decades now and
when I still did I used the HUT milk in the cardboard
boxes lined with metal foil, no jug at all and straight
into the bin when empty.

I can still use a manual tin opener too a skill that few have it seems.

I still use one myself.

I can make a cup of tea all by myself I don;t need a teasmaid
they just seem more trouble than they are worth.

And only a fool thinks that about a dishwasher or washing machine.

I can wash a cup up too and much quicker than putting it in a dish
washers

Bull**** you can.

Yes I can. If you donl;t know how it;s done check this out.

http://www.wikihow.com/Clean-Cups

Nothing like as quick as putting it in the dishwasher.

adding teh detergent settig the cycle

Even a terminal ****wit such as yourself should have noticed that you
only have to do that when its close to full of stuff that needs washing.

then waiting around for it oot finish.

Even a terminal ****wit such as yourself should have noticed
that you dont actually have to wait around while it happens.

That;s teh problem I have to wait until its full.

Not a problem, you just need a few more plates etc.

I tend to rinse a used tea cup under hot running water,
empty that running water into the cup then empty it,
cup then ready to be refiled with hot water to make tea.

Even a terminal ****wit such as yourself should have noticed
that there is more involved than just the cup for the tea.

You mean a plate and a knife and fork.

Even you dont exist in just tea and whisky.

I run mine about every 9 days for the normal stuff and another run
for the full sized beer bottles we call long necks every 24 days.

I don't have one to run.

More fool you.

why,

Because its a lot easier and wastes a lot less of your time
putting stuff in a dishwasher and running it when its close
to full than washing all that stuff by hand after ever meal.

Doesn;t take me long at all a few muniutes at most.
How long is a dishwasher cycle ?

Irrelevant, you are doing something else when that happens.

Soemthing wrong with the washing machine at the WE.
took from friday 8pm to sunday 6pm to do a wash
although I turned it off at night.

Time to get it fixed.

If I get off my arse and fix the original one that is now
40+ years old and likely just has a scaled up solenoid
valve, I'll likely have two, mainly so I can just put stuff
straight into the appropriate dishwasher as it is used.

how many of yuo are there ?

One.

but you need two dishwashers.

Dont need two, I choose to have two.

The latest Bosch only cost me $50 at a garage sale
and works fine.

for me it'd be the running cost that would annoy me I suspect.

More fool you. It actually costs less to run than doing it by hand.

That's what they tell you

No one ever told me that.

have you actually worked it out for yourself.

Yep. And even if it didnt, the cost is so low that I'm not
actually stupid enough to do that by hand to save so little.

I wouldn;t to save money but it saves me time and
is more convient and quickwer to do it by hand.

Even sillier than you usually manage.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 10:23:48 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

wrote:

Your method is too much of a faff. We just load as we go and empty once
its run overnight.

But you have to open the dishwasher and pull the tray out for every
single
dish. Much less time consuming to do all the loading in one go.

No, once per meal.

You never have snacks?

Not ones that need anything to go in the dishwasher.

Currently it is normally a piece of fruit, apple in winter,
nectarines in summer, bananas all year round.

When I still snacked on a slab of my own fruit cake,
nothing needed to go in the dishwasher after that.

Are you that regimented?

Anyone with half a clue designs their kitchen so the
dishwasher can stay open so stuff can go straight in
it after its been used and then you just put the tablet
in it and close the door when its full.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 11 Aug 2016 01:07:45 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 10:23:48 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

wrote:

Your method is too much of a faff. We just load as we go and empty once
its run overnight.

But you have to open the dishwasher and pull the tray out for every
single
dish. Much less time consuming to do all the loading in one go.

No, once per meal.

You never have snacks?

Not ones that need anything to go in the dishwasher.

Currently it is normally a piece of fruit, apple in winter,
nectarines in summer, bananas all year round.

Health freak.

When I still snacked on a slab of my own fruit cake,
nothing needed to go in the dishwasher after that.

I use a plate for cake, as it leaves crumbs everywhere.

Are you that regimented?

Anyone with half a clue designs their kitchen so the
dishwasher can stay open so stuff can go straight in
it after its been used and then you just put the tablet
in it and close the door when its full.

Alright for you with your mansion. Anyway an open dishwasher is untidy.

--
The sensible in the world are doomed to be frustrated by petty, officious idiots.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Wednesday, 10 August 2016 15:18:30 UTC+1, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 10:23:48 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Makes more sense to use the same plate for snacks until
it gets too dirty to use if you are into messy snacks.

I use the same plate repeatedly for the massive great
slab of multigrain toast with marg and my marmalade
that is my only breakfast and only get a clean plate
when some of the marg has leaked thru the hole that
the paddle makes in the bread machine or when some
or the marmalade has fallen off onto the plate.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Why would you need that?

So you don't have to shift the pile on the sink into the
dishwasher when its time to run the dishwasher.

I just use the clean ones in the dishwasher while the dirty ones pile up
on the sink.

Makes more sense to put the dirty stuff straight into the dishwasher
in a kitchen which has been designed to allow the dishwasher to be
left open.

The other alternative to a pair of dishwashers is a single dishwasher
that has spare trays and somewhere to put the extra trays so you
can take the trays of clean stuff out of the dishwasher into the
runners in the cupboard next to it and use the clean stuff out
of those spare trays as you need clean stuff. And put the dirty
stuff straight into the other pair of trays as they get dirty.

Not ideal tho, trays full of dishes arent the lightest thing around.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

I do it the other way, keep good stocks of what I use much at home
so its always just a few steps away and replenish my stock at home
when anything I use much is on special or half price etc.

I buy almost nothing at normal full price.

The rest of the store however is food, cheap AND quality at the same time.

Going to be interesting to see how much I don't buy at Aldi, ours is still
only half built, should be done by Xmas.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 10:23:48 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

wrote:

Your method is too much of a faff. We just load as we go and empty
once
its run overnight.

But you have to open the dishwasher and pull the tray out for every
single
dish. Much less time consuming to do all the loading in one go.

No, once per meal.

You never have snacks?

Not ones that need anything to go in the dishwasher.

Currently it is normally a piece of fruit, apple in winter,
nectarines in summer, bananas all year round.

Health freak.

Nothing to do with health, its just a convenient snack.

When I still snacked on a slab of my own fruit cake,
nothing needed to go in the dishwasher after that.

I use a plate for cake, as it leaves crumbs everywhere.

Sure, but no need to put that plate in the dishwasher,
just tip the crumbs in the bin and use it again next time.

Are you that regimented?

Anyone with half a clue designs their kitchen so the
dishwasher can stay open so stuff can go straight in
it after its been used and then you just put the tablet
in it and close the door when its full.

Alright for you with your mansion.

Don't need a mansion, just a properly designed kitchen.

Anyway an open dishwasher is untidy.

And your pile of dirty dishes on the sink isnt ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Davey
writes
On Tue, 9 Aug 2016 08:18:17 -0700 (PDT)
wrote:

I'm taken aback by the extent of your brain failure. Having used ion
exchangers I do know enough about them to know that in hard water
areas, you still need to put salt in the salt container in a
dishwasher. What salt there is or isn't in the detergent tablet is
completely irrelevant, it does not recharge the ion exchanger.

Having used tablets and no additional salt, nor rinse-aid, in our Very
Hard Water area for at least five years now, at approximately 2
washes per 3 weeks, there are no indications that my dishwasher's
softener is not working just fine.

Our use is as above but I cheated and connected the supply to the hot
water feed which comes from an ion exchange softener. We have a low
pressure hot water cistern and long pipe runs so I reckoned the fill
water would be lukewarm at best.

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 10 August 2016 19:50:59 UTC+1, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 00:56:42 +0100, Johnny B Good wrote:

On Tue, 09 Aug 2016 19:51:33 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 09/08/2016 19:44, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Tue, 09 Aug 2016 19:35:54 +0100, Bod wrote:

====snip====

Yuk!

What's yuk about it?

Piling up dirty dishes.

Yeah, my thought too. It's bad enough piling up dirty dishes *into* the
dishwasher but to consider piling them up on the draining board is beyond
the pale imho.

Do you have OCD?

A friend has it so I know the effects it can have.

Do you wash your hands 30 times a day?

N ot iunless I go to teh toilet 30 times a day.

It's just a small amount of food that soon dries out, it doesn't smell.

What has smell go to do with it. Do you think food poisening is trnasmitted by smell do you think ecoli is transmitted by smelling ?

It's the emptying of the cleaned dishes and cutlery *out* of the
dishwasher which both me and the missus find a bit of a chore. Filling
the dishwasher seems less of a pain (unless your other half is hell bent
on sabotaging your efforts at honing your skills as a "Load Master").

If you use your crockery from the dishwasher, there's hardly any to take out by the time you do the next load.

IS the dishwasher the best place to store clean and dirty plates side by side I didn;t realise that.

I guess one way to eliminate the "Putting the dishes away" problem is to
install *two* dishwasher machines[1] so you can alternate between them as
a clean dishes 'source' and a dirty dishes 'sink' - no need for a full
size dishes/crockery cupboard[2] then! :-)

Why would you need that? I just use the clean ones in the dishwasher while the dirty ones pile up on the sink.

For me the sink is the place where I get clean drinking water usually by putting a pint class under the cold tap, if there;s plates piled up I can't get the glass under the tap.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 11 August 2016 00:07:41 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
[...]

Yes I know but we're not in china, they aren;t in china and emails have been sent around asking students not to use the water cooler to fill kettles.
Originaly us technical staff werent allowed kettles due to H&S.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬) wrote:

[...]

So you basically have a 9 or 10 set dinner service which you go through before you start washing up.
You see if I have a meal after I finshed it goes in the sink, next time I need a similar plate I pick it from teh sink wash it, it really deosn;t take me 10 mins it gets a wash rinse and sits draining I don;t wipe up. By the time my meal is reay the plates pretty much dry even in the winter and I reuse that plate.
What you seem to be saying is that you you donlt wash anything until you have a full dish washer for me that will mean I'll have to buy another 10 plates and as I have 5 ort so cups of tea in the evening that means I'l have to buy at least 25 cups to last me the week, it really isn't that difficult to wash a cup, I do NOT need a dishwasher to do it.
What I would prefer is someone to fill my cup for me as that takes me longer to do than the washing.

Even if your kitchen is so badly designed that you can't leave it open
even you should be able to manage to open the door to put some
more stuff in it after the meal and to close the door after doing that..

yes but what's the point.

The point is not ****ing 10 minutes of your time
against the wall washing up by hand after each meal.

It take sme a couple of minutes at most how long does a dishwasher take 30 mins +

I have alsom found that I don;t need a lareg array of knives.
I find the knife I use with my fish a chips can also be used for
spreading butter or magarine, it can cut burgers, cheese all
sorts of things, so I havent; found a need for lots of cultery
such as fish knives steak knives butter knives.

I prefer to use the appropriate knife for the job.

I find most knives can be used for most things.

I use steak
knives for eating most evening meals,

what happens when you;'ve used the steak knife can you have steak again that week because you can't wash it intil the dishwasher is full ?

but prefer a proper
knife for spreading the marg and marm on the ****ing
great slab of toast that is all I have for breakfast and for
the spreading the marg and relish on the massive great
salami and lettuce open sandwich that I often have
from the dome cut off the vertical loaf with the bread
fresh out of the bread machine.

and what ghappens to this knife after it gets put in teh dishwasher and you can;t use it for 9-10 days ? So you have to order new ones ?
Doesn't sound very cheap or efficient to me.

So how many butter knives do you own ?

I don;t need a milk jug either I have the skill to
poor mile out of teh bottle straigh into my cup.

I haven't bothered with milk for decades now and
when I still did I used the HUT milk in the cardboard
boxes lined with metal foil, no jug at all and straight
into the bin when empty.

Same as my plastic bottles then, excapt mine are fully recylceable
not sure if metal foil lined waxed paper cardboard are recylceable.

I can still use a manual tin opener too a skill that few have it seems.

I still use one myself.

well done. How many do you have ?
I have 3.

I can make a cup of tea all by myself I don;t need a teasmaid
they just seem more trouble than they are worth.

And only a fool thinks that about a dishwasher or washing machine.

I can wash a cup up too and much quicker than putting it in a dish
washers

Bull**** you can.

Yes I can. If you donl;t know how it;s done check this out.

http://www.wikihow.com/Clean-Cups

Nothing like as quick as putting it in the dishwasher.

Puttign it in teh sink is quicker as the sink doesn't have a door to open of close. In fact I coukld throw it out the window quicker than put it in a dishwasher.

adding teh detergent settig the cycle

Even a terminal ****wit such as yourself should have noticed that you
only have to do that when its close to full of stuff that needs washing.

then waiting around for it oot finish.

Even a terminal ****wit such as yourself should have noticed
that you dont actually have to wait around while it happens.

That;s teh problem I have to wait until its full.

Not a problem, you just need a few more plates etc.

1-2 weeks of plates, and provided they are dishwasher safe.

Even a terminal ****wit such as yourself should have noticed
that there is more involved than just the cup for the tea.

You mean a plate and a knife and fork.

Even you dont exist in just tea and whisky.

I'm yet to find a use for a knife and fork when making a cup of tea.
I use a spoon for stiring and I tend to need only one for teh entire night if not week or month, I don;t fill the need to leave a spoon to be dishwashed next week with the other 35 odds spoons I'll need to last me a week befire washing up.

I run mine about every 9 days for the normal stuff and another run
for the full sized beer bottles we call long necks every 24 days.

I don't have one to run.

More fool you.

why,

Because its a lot easier and wastes a lot less of your time
putting stuff in a dishwasher and running it when its close
to full than washing all that stuff by hand after ever meal.

Doesn;t take me long at all a few muniutes at most.
How long is a dishwasher cycle ?

Irrelevant, you are doing something else when that happens.

if I had a dishwasher I'd prefer to do something esle other than fill it empty it and spend time cleaning it buying the detergent and salt for it.

Yep. And even if it didnt, the cost is so low that I'm not
actually stupid enough to do that by hand to save so little.

I wouldn;t to save money but it saves me time and
is more convient and quickwer to do it by hand.

Even sillier than you usually manage.

I can wsh a cup up and get it ready for re-use long before you've managed that with a dishwasher.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Which you obviously do being such a ****ty person.

It's just a small amount of food that soon dries out, it doesn't smell.

What has smell go to do with it. Do you think food poisening is
trnasmitted by smell do you think ecoli is transmitted by smelling ?

You dont get food poisoning when you wash them in a dishwasher.

It's the emptying of the cleaned dishes and cutlery *out* of the
dishwasher which both me and the missus find a bit of a chore. Filling
the dishwasher seems less of a pain (unless your other half is hell
bent
on sabotaging your efforts at honing your skills as a "Load Master").

If you use your crockery from the dishwasher, there's hardly any to take
out by the time you do the next load.

IS the dishwasher the best place to store clean and dirty plates side by
side

He doesnt do that.

I didn;t realise that.

Just like with everything else.

I guess one way to eliminate the "Putting the dishes away" problem is
install *two* dishwasher machines[1] so you can alternate between them
as
a clean dishes 'source' and a dirty dishes 'sink' - no need for a full
size dishes/crockery cupboard[2] then! :-)

Why would you need that? I just use the clean ones in the dishwasher
while the dirty ones pile up on the sink.

For me the sink is the place where I get clean drinking water
usually by putting a pint class under the cold tap, if there;s
plates piled up I can't get the glass under the tap.

He said ON the sink, not IN the sink, stupid.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

Presumably those who do that dont realise that british tap water is
different.

and emails have been sent around asking students
not to use the water cooler to fill kettles.

And they flush those emails where they belong without even reading them.

Originaly us technical staff werent allowed kettles due to H&S.

Perfectly sensible, you are clearly brain dead.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Do you pile up your dirty dishes on the *on* the sink as well, Rod?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬) wrote:

[...]

Nope, I buy the large dinner plates as individual plates, Corelles.

which you go through before you start washing up.

Yes, once there are no more clean ones, I do a dishwasher
run with the dishwasher mostly full when I do it like that.

You see if I have a meal after I finshed it goes in the sink,
next time I need a similar plate I pick it from teh sink wash it,

More fool you.

it really deosn;t take me 10 mins it gets a
wash rinse and sits draining I don;t wipe up.

Still a lot more farting around than just putting it in the
dishwasher and then when there are no more clean largest
dinner plates, closing the dishwasher and start it running.

By the time my meal is reay the plates pretty
much dry even in the winter and I reuse that plate.

Many of my meals have the potato still in its
jackets microwaved on the plate the meal will be
eaten off, under a plastic cover in the microwave.

What you seem to be saying is that you you donlt
wash anything until you have a full dish washer

Yes.

for me that will mean I'll have to buy another 10 plates

Hardly the end of civilisation as we know it.

and as I have 5 ort so cups of tea in the evening

More fool you.

that means I'l have to buy at least
25 cups to last me the week,

Or you could chose to do the dishwasher run
when its full of dirty cups instead of the largest
dinner plates if you are such a tea addict.

No wonder you end up washing your hands 30 times a day.

it really isn't that difficult to wash a cup,
I do NOT need a dishwasher to do it.

I dont need a dishwasher to wash anything, but I have better things
do to with my time than to do stuff a machine does much better.

What I would prefer is someone to fill my cup for me
as that takes me longer to do than the washing.

I'm not actually stupid enough to drink that much tea.

Even if your kitchen is so badly designed that you can't leave it open
even you should be able to manage to open the door to put some
more stuff in it after the meal and to close the door after doing that.

yes but what's the point.

The point is not ****ing 10 minutes of your time
against the wall washing up by hand after each meal.

It take sme a couple of minutes at most

Still a complete waste of time.

how long does a dishwasher take 30 mins +

Irrelevant because even a terminal drunken ****wit such
as yourself should have noticed that you can do anything
you like while that dishwasher is washing what is inside it.

I have alsom found that I don;t need a lareg array of knives.
I find the knife I use with my fish a chips can also be used for
spreading butter or magarine, it can cut burgers, cheese all
sorts of things, so I havent; found a need for lots of cultery
such as fish knives steak knives butter knives.

I prefer to use the appropriate knife for the job.

I find most knives can be used for most things.

Corse they can, but anyone with even half a clue uses the
sort of knife what works best for what they are doing.

Only a terminal ****wit such as yourself would try cutting a piece
of bread off a loaf from the bread machine with a butter knife.

I use steak knives for eating most evening meals,

what happens when you;'ve used the steak
knife can you have steak again that week

I can in fact have normal meals all that
two weeks because I have dozens of them.

but prefer a proper knife for spreading the marg and marm
on the ****ing great slab of toast that is all I have for breakfast
and for the spreading the marg and relish on the massive
great salami and lettuce open sandwich that I often have
from the dome cut off the vertical loaf with the bread
fresh out of the bread machine.

and what ghappens to this knife after it gets put in teh dishwasher

Nothing, there are plenty more like it.

And since this is the best you can manage, here
goes the chain on the rest of your even sillier ****.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Nope. I empty the dishwasher of the clean stuff and put
the dirty stuff into the dishwasher when they get dirty.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Wednesday, 10 August 2016 15:18:30 UTC+1, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 10:23:48 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

why wait until it gets too dirty ? and how do you judge too dirty.

I use the same plate repeatedly for the massive great
slab of multigrain toast with marg and my marmalade
that is my only breakfast and only get a clean plate
when some of the marg has leaked thru the hole that
the paddle makes in the bread machine or when some
or the marmalade has fallen off onto the plate.

You see if I found a bit of marg or whatever on the plate I;d get a kitchen towel or something and wipe it off, i'd take me a few seconds why would I put it in the dishwaher and leave it for a week+ then take 30+ minutes waiting for it to be washed ?
Luckily you only have one slice of toast if you had between 2 and 4 like I do you'd need perhaps 4 plates .
Same as with me for tea I typically have 4 or 5 a night and upto 2 coffees
they all go in the same cup/mug I don;t need to have 6 mugs every evening to put in a dishwasher along with the 6 spoons for stirring of course.