Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default When we get old (er)

On 03/08/2016 08:49, Tim Lamb wrote:

the house. My theory about the *random stackers* or visiting family is
that they are never there to do the unloading and thus don't suffer the
consequences of their actions. There is also the elder daughter who has
to use the deep sided cereal bowl she used as a child which does not fit
anywhere sensible....

Only the one bowl.. you're lucky, apparently "they don't make dishes
anymore" so we only have deep bowls and you'll appreciate the havoc that
causes trying to load the machine efficiently...

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬) wrote:

apparently "they don't make dishes
anymore" so we only have deep bowls

My (not ancient) crockery has rice bowls and cereal dishes, I find the
rice bowls far better for cereal, than the cereal bowls which are too
shallow and slosh out the sides to easily.

you'll appreciate the havoc that
causes trying to load the machine efficiently

Not really, no space for a washdisher here.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/08/2016 08:49, Andy Burns wrote:
Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬) wrote:

apparently "they don't make dishes
anymore" so we only have deep bowls

My (not ancient) crockery has rice bowls and cereal dishes, I find the
rice bowls far better for cereal, than the cereal bowls which are too
shallow and slosh out the sides to easily.

you'll appreciate the havoc that
causes trying to load the machine efficiently

Not really, no space for a washdisher here.

Washing up by hand only takes about 3 or 4 minutes with just the two of us.
A Fishwasher is a waste of money to us and simply something else to go
wrong, also takes up unnecessary space.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/08/2016 00:16, Davey wrote:
On 2 Aug 2016 21:41:46 GMT
Huge wrote:

Use a Krooklock on our car despite it having an immobiliser and
deadlocks?

I keep a Krooklock in the car. I leave it as an exercise for the
reader as to what it's for.

"The Club" is the US version of Krooklock, but still the same device.
Once in Baltimore, Maryland, I was stopped at a traffic light, and
parked at the side of a road was a rusty old car, so rusty that I could
see what was in the boot by looking through the rear wing. But it had a
Club to prevent vehicle theft.

That wreck is worth £100,000 if you get some artist to put it in the tate.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 3 August 2016 22:25:44 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"James Wilkinson" wrote in message

I know when my lights are on because they're lighting up the ground in
front of the ****ing car!

Not when you have turned them on when it was dark,
had the sun come up while using the car, and then
stop using the car rather later.

That happened to a friend of mine. We were driving to a party and staying the night we arrived early about 5pm in daylight. When we got out of teh car a regan IIRC it was beeping he had no idea why so ignored it.
Around 10am we attempted to leave and teh car wouldnlt start flat battery.

we think what happened is he put the lights on to go through blackwall tunnel and forgot to turn them off after exciting the tunnel.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬) wrote:

apparently "they don't make dishes
anymore" so we only have deep bowls

My (not ancient) crockery has rice bowls and cereal dishes, I find the
rice bowls far better for cereal, than the cereal bowls which are too
shallow and slosh out the sides to easily.

you'll appreciate the havoc that
causes trying to load the machine efficiently

Not really, no space for a washdisher here.

Washing up by hand only takes about 3 or 4 minutes with just the two of us.

Even less with takeways. :-)

A Fishwasher is a waste of money to us and simply something else to go
wrong, also takes up unnecessary space.

I cod do with one when I'm really lazy but haven't the plaice to put it.

I guess if you have dirty fish... but that's a problem I'm yet to have. :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬) wrote:

apparently "they don't make dishes
anymore" so we only have deep bowls

My (not ancient) crockery has rice bowls and cereal dishes, I find the
rice bowls far better for cereal, than the cereal bowls which are too
shallow and slosh out the sides to easily.

you'll appreciate the havoc that
causes trying to load the machine efficiently

Not really, no space for a washdisher here.

Washing up by hand only takes about 3 or 4 minutes with just the two of us.
A Fishwasher is a waste of money to us and simply something else to go
wrong, also takes up unnecessary space.

It's the effort required that a dishwasher removes.

--
Love is complicated machinery.
But sometimes all you need is a good screw to fix it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬) wrote:

apparently "they don't make dishes
anymore" so we only have deep bowls

My (not ancient) crockery has rice bowls and cereal dishes, I find the
rice bowls far better for cereal, than the cereal bowls which are too
shallow and slosh out the sides to easily.

you'll appreciate the havoc that
causes trying to load the machine efficiently

Not really, no space for a washdisher here.

Washing up by hand only takes about 3 or 4 minutes with just the two
of us.
A Fishwasher is a waste of money to us and simply something else to go
wrong, also takes up unnecessary space.

It's the effort required that a dishwasher removes.

Effort!?

Yes the bit where you have to collect all the stuff together, pull down the door load everything in, add whatever detergent you need, close the door set the thing off ......

That's the effort, why do you think men get married for sex ;-

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 04 Aug 2016 14:55:26 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Wednesday, 3 August 2016 22:25:44 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"James Wilkinson" wrote in message

I know when my lights are on because they're lighting up the ground in
front of the ****ing car!

Not when you have turned them on when it was dark,
had the sun come up while using the car, and then
stop using the car rather later.

That happened to a friend of mine. We were driving to a party and staying the night we arrived early about 5pm in daylight. When we got out of teh car a regan IIRC it was beeping he had no idea why so ignored it.
Around 10am we attempted to leave and teh car wouldnlt start flat battery.

A decent car will switch to sidelights when you put the ignition off. A good battery won't go flat with sidelights.

Now they all have LEDs, nobody will flatten a battery anymore.

we think what happened is he put the lights on to go through blackwall tunnel and forgot to turn them off after exciting the tunnel.

I don't turn my lights on for tunnels. Tunnels have their own lights.

--
We always hold hands. If I let go, she shops.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬) wrote:

apparently "they don't make dishes
anymore" so we only have deep bowls

My (not ancient) crockery has rice bowls and cereal dishes, I find the
rice bowls far better for cereal, than the cereal bowls which are too
shallow and slosh out the sides to easily.

you'll appreciate the havoc that
causes trying to load the machine efficiently

Not really, no space for a washdisher here.

Washing up by hand only takes about 3 or 4 minutes with just the two
of us.
A Fishwasher is a waste of money to us and simply something else to go
wrong, also takes up unnecessary space.

It's the effort required that a dishwasher removes.

Effort!?

Yes, most people detest washing dishes, it's a chore.

--
Sexy Sharon's sister saw saucy Sally swiftly suck seventy six soldiers sons.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬) wrote:

[...]

I know someone (a lawyer) who measured the time taken to load her dishwasher, she was convinced it was still taking as long as washing the dishes. It wasn't anything like as long, but once you get used to something easier, it becomes annoyingly hard again.

--
Sexy Sharon's sister saw saucy Sally swiftly suck seventy six soldiers sons.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 4 Aug 2016 06:55:26 -0700 (PDT)
whisky-dave wrote:

we think what happened is he put the lights on to go through
blackwall tunnel and forgot to turn them off after exciting the
tunnel.

I didn't know that tunnels were excitable.

--
Davey.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 4 August 2016 19:47:42 UTC+1, Davey wrote:
we think what happened is he put the lights on to go through
blackwall tunnel and forgot to turn them off after exciting the
tunnel.

I didn't know that tunnels were excitable.

The ones in Princes Street Gardens are, unless of course you get off at Haymarket.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote:

we think what happened is he put the lights on to go through
blackwall tunnel and forgot to turn them off after exciting the
tunnel.

I didn't know that tunnels were excitable.

Oh yes. Thats kwantum fizziks that is!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
James Wilkinson wrote

I know when my lights are on because they're
lighting up the ground in front of the ****ing car!

Not when you have turned them on when it was
dark, had the sun come up while using the car,
and then stop using the car rather later.

That happened to a friend of mine.

Yeah, I do it quite a bit, essentially because the garage sale run
normally starts in the dark because we like to show up at the ones
that are sposed to open at 7am at 6am and thats in the dark in winter.

Maybe about 20% of the time I find I still have the lights on later.

Not a problem with the Getz, it turns all the lights off when you turn
the ignition off and lock the car with the remote and beeps to remind
you that the lights are on when you do that in case you want to turn the
sidelights on again if you want them on with the car parked and locked.

We were driving to a party and staying the night we arrived
early about 5pm in daylight. When we got out of teh car a
regan IIRC it was beeping he had no idea why so ignored it.

Around 10am we attempted to leave and teh car wouldnlt start flat battery.

Yeah, the 73 Golf does let you leave the car with
the lights on and on a few occasions one of the
neighbours had told me that the lights are still on.

we think what happened is he put the lights on to go through blackwall
tunnel and forgot to turn them off after exciting the tunnel.

None of our tunnels need the cars to have their lights on.
One of the underground car parks under one of the shopping
malls does see some turn their lights on when in there, but
thats not to see where you are going, more to make their
car more visible to other people.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬) wrote:

apparently "they don't make dishes
anymore" so we only have deep bowls

My (not ancient) crockery has rice bowls and cereal dishes, I find the
rice bowls far better for cereal, than the cereal bowls which are too
shallow and slosh out the sides to easily.

you'll appreciate the havoc that
causes trying to load the machine efficiently

Not really, no space for a washdisher here.

Washing up by hand only takes about 3 or 4 minutes with just the two of
us.

Even less with takeways. :-)

A Fishwasher is a waste of money to us and simply something else to go
wrong, also takes up unnecessary space.

I cod do with one when I'm really lazy

Can't see why I should be doing what a machine can do for me.

I run mine about every 9 days for the normal stuff and another run
for the full sized beer bottles we call long necks every 24 days.

but haven't the plaice to put it.

My kitchen has a 20' long cantilevered bench along one wall
of a U shaped kitchen that is off the side of the massive great
open plan main room and stuff like dishwashers and 2 bar
fridge sized vertical freezers and cupboards slot in under
that so there is tons of room for stuff like dishwashers.

If I get off my arse and fix the original one that is now
40+ years old and likely just has a scaled up solenoid
valve, I'll likely have two, mainly so I can just put stuff
straight into the appropriate dishwasher as it is used.

The latest Bosch only cost me $50 at a garage sale
and works fine.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

news

Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬) wrote:

[...]

Yeah, she's a fool. I just put the used dishes straight in the dishwasher
and don't bother to even rinse them. I to tip stuff l like chop bones
off into the bin before the plate goes in the dishwasher but that's it.

And the kitchen is designed so that the dishwasher stays
open so you don't even have to open it to put more
dishes in. Just close it before doing the dishwashing run.

but once you get used to something easier, it becomes annoyingly hard
again.

I always hated washing the dishes, presumably
because we were made to do it as kids.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬) wrote:

[...]

Me too. It even cleans dishes that've been dried on for 4 days.

And the kitchen is designed so that the dishwasher stays
open so you don't even have to open it to put more
dishes in. Just close it before doing the dishwashing run.

But how do you get to each shelf?

but once you get used to something easier, it becomes annoyingly hard
again.

I always hated washing the dishes, presumably
because we were made to do it as kids.

I'm just lazy. I detest doing something that has to be done again later..

--
This space was empty.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬) wrote:

[...]

Mine is about 9-10 days, when all the largest plates are dirty.

And the kitchen is designed so that the dishwasher stays
open so you don't even have to open it to put more
dishes in. Just close it before doing the dishwashing run.

But how do you get to each shelf?

The bottom shelf is fully open onto the open door.

but once you get used to something easier, it becomes annoyingly hard
again.

I always hated washing the dishes, presumably
because we were made to do it as kids.

I'm just lazy. I detest doing something that has to be done again later.

Yeah, the car has only been washed once in its 10 year life.
And it lives outside under the trees and is filthy.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news On Thu, 04 Aug 2016 16:50:16 +0100, whisky-dave

Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬) wrote:

[...]

How can you get that much dishes in the dishwasher? Or do you have 1 meal a day?

And the kitchen is designed so that the dishwasher stays
open so you don't even have to open it to put more
dishes in. Just close it before doing the dishwashing run.

But how do you get to each shelf?

The bottom shelf is fully open onto the open door.

And the top?

but once you get used to something easier, it becomes annoyingly hard
again.

I always hated washing the dishes, presumably
because we were made to do it as kids.

I'm just lazy. I detest doing something that has to be done again later.

Yeah, the car has only been washed once in its 10 year life.
And it lives outside under the trees and is filthy.

I've never seen the point in washing (the outside of) a car which lives outside. It's not like you're going to bed with it. And it's not like you sit on it, only in it.

--
The average lifespan of electronic devices is between zero and infinity, or 2 days after the warranty runs out, whichever comes first.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬) wrote:

[...]

Ok, I stood on the roof of mine at a motorcycle race.

--
Dopeler effect (n): The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬) wrote:

[...]

They fit fine.

Or do you have 1 meal a day?

Only 1 meal a day that uses the largest plates. I don't bother with lunch
at all and breakfast is just a ****ing great slab of toast, so thick that it
will just fit in the toaster that has been chosen to be able to toast the
thickest slices available. I don't bother to have a clean plate every
day for that toast because that plate hardly ever gets dirty and when
it does when say the marg has leaked thru the slot that the bread
machine leaves in the end slab of toast, only bother with a clean
plate then. The dishwasher would handle a clean one of those
every day fine, and a clean largest plate every day too. I don't
in practice use a largest plate every day, the steaks are done
on those massive great cast iron things that go under the grill
and other meals like currys are eaten out of the large square
rigid plastic containers with lids that the rice is microwaved in.

And the kitchen is designed so that the dishwasher stays
open so you don't even have to open it to put more
dishes in. Just close it before doing the dishwashing run.

But how do you get to each shelf?

The bottom shelf is fully open onto the open door.

And the top?

Half out.

but once you get used to something easier, it becomes annoyingly hard
again.

I always hated washing the dishes, presumably
because we were made to do it as kids.

I'm just lazy. I detest doing something that has to be done again
later.

Yeah, the car has only been washed once in its 10 year life.
And it lives outside under the trees and is filthy.

I've never seen the point in washing (the outside of) a car which lives
outside.

Yeah, me too. I did used to wash the Golf before what you call the MoT check
in the last 20 years of its 40 year life with the likely pointless idea that
the
checker might not be as fussy with a clean car. Don't bother with the Getz,
the mechanic I now use couldn't care less and just checks the obvious stuff
like the tyres and lights and does the mandatory brakes check with the
meter they put on the front passengers seat floor and go for a drive etc.

It's not like you're going to bed with it. And it's not like you sit on
it, only in it.

Yeah, tho if its filthy enough you can get that on your clothes as you walk
past it when its been parked quite close in a supermarket parking lot.

I haven't bothered to clean the inside either. The dash is pretty
dusty but the cloth seats arent that that's all I care about.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news On Thu, 04 Aug 2016 21:47:00 +0100, Rod Speed

Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬) wrote:

[...]

I fill mine every 4 days, but then I've got cats dirtying bowls with meat in.

[...]

But you get the satisfaction of knowing the owner of the car next to you probably had the same problem.

I haven't bothered to clean the inside either. The dash is pretty
dusty but the cloth seats arent that that's all I care about.

Mine usually end up terrible inside as I use them for carrying bushes and soil and stuff.

--
Instructions on a Chinese fuzzaway:
Do not use it in shaving off beard.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 5 August 2016 00:24:58 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:

the mechanic I now use couldn't care less and just checks the obvious stuff
like the tyres and lights and does the mandatory brakes check with the
meter they put on the front passengers seat floor and go for a drive etc.

that's crude. We've had mandatory separate 4 wheel checks for decades.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote
Rod Speed wrote

the mechanic I now use couldn't care less and just checks the obvious
stuff
like the tyres and lights and does the mandatory brakes check with the
meter they put on the front passengers seat floor and go for a drive etc.

that's crude.

Perfectly adequate to check if the car can stop properly. It has a printer
built
in that prints out the results it got and that gets attached to the report.

In Canberra way back in the 60s there was just one testing station
'manned' by govt employees that had you drive over a pit with
at least one monkey in it who checked under the car and then
you charged down the very long shed and hit the brakes while
on the thing that measured the braking performance.

We've had mandatory separate 4 wheel checks for decades.

Pointless unnecessary expense.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 5 Aug 2016 09:24:50 +1000
"Rod Speed" wrote:

the mechanic I now use couldn't care less and just checks the obvious
stuff like the tyres and lights and does the mandatory brakes check
with the meter they put on the front passengers seat floor and go for
a drive etc.

I once had a Bradford Van where the tester did that, and the seat folded
forward and threw the Tapley meter onto the floor. The battery came
loose, too, and dripped acid onto the forecourt. We had had to hit one
of the rear lights to make it come on, and the kingpin slop was audible.
It passed, though. He liked Bradford Vans.

It wandered down the road, steering like an American car from a 1950's
film. I was glad to sell it.

--
Davey.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Davey wrote
Rod Speed wrote

the mechanic I now use couldn't care less and just checks
the obvious stuff like the tyres and lights and does the
mandatory brakes check with the meter they put on the
front passengers seat floor and go for a drive etc.

I once had a Bradford Van where the tester did that, and the
seat folded forward and threw the Tapley meter onto the floor.

Ours put the meter on the floor in front of the passenger seat.

The battery came loose, too, and dripped acid onto
the forecourt. We had had to hit one of the rear lights
to make it come on, and the kingpin slop was audible.
It passed, though. He liked Bradford Vans.

It wandered down the road, steering like an American
car from a 1950's film. I was glad to sell it.

Cant say I have ever come across one.

The parents had a Commer van with a prop
up roof that they turned into a campervan.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 5 August 2016 01:09:41 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
tabbypurr wrote
Rod Speed wrote

the mechanic I now use couldn't care less and just checks the obvious
stuff
like the tyres and lights and does the mandatory brakes check with the
meter they put on the front passengers seat floor and go for a drive etc.

that's crude.

Perfectly adequate to check if the car can stop properly. It has a printer
built
in that prints out the results it got and that gets attached to the report.

We've had mandatory separate 4 wheel checks for decades.

Pointless unnecessary expense.

Anyone that knows the subject knows why it's done.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote
Rod Speed wrote
tabbypurr wrote
Rod Speed wrote

the mechanic I now use couldn't care less and just checks the obvious
stuff
like the tyres and lights and does the mandatory brakes check with the
meter they put on the front passengers seat floor and go for a drive
etc.

that's crude.

Perfectly adequate to check if the car can stop properly. It has a
printer
built in that prints out the results it got and that gets attached to the
report.

We've had mandatory separate 4 wheel checks for decades.

Pointless unnecessary expense.

Anyone that knows the subject knows why it's done.

How odd that **** all are actually stupid enough to do it that way.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
Yes the bit where you have to collect all the stuff together, pull down the door load everything in, add whatever detergent you need, close the door set the thing off ......

That's the effort, why do you think men get married for sex ;-

Then there's the 'not much point in doing a wash until it's full' -
especially if there are only two of you.

--
*'Progress' and 'Change' are not synonyms.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 5 August 2016 08:16:50 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
tabbypurr wrote
Rod Speed wrote
tabbypurr wrote
Rod Speed wrote

the mechanic I now use couldn't care less and just checks the obvious
stuff
like the tyres and lights and does the mandatory brakes check with the
meter they put on the front passengers seat floor and go for a drive
etc.

that's crude.

Perfectly adequate to check if the car can stop properly. It has a
printer
built in that prints out the results it got and that gets attached to the
report.

We've had mandatory separate 4 wheel checks for decades.

Pointless unnecessary expense.

Anyone that knows the subject knows why it's done.

How odd that **** all are actually stupid enough to do it that way.

How odd that you are so compelled to voice your opinion on topics you have not the first clue about. Goodbye faulty one.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
Yes the bit where you have to collect all the stuff together, pull
down the door load everything in, add whatever detergent you need,
close the door set the thing off ......

That's the effort, why do you think men get married for sex ;-

Then there's the 'not much point in doing a wash until it's full' -
especially if there are only two of you.

I live with someone who *has* to wash a single used teaspoon! I suppose
she doesn't want stuff cluttering up the sink but I think it is a waste
of hot water and not a good use of time for someone who has a cupboard
full of potions for itchy skin!

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote:
Yes the bit where you have to collect all the stuff together, pull
down the door load everything in, add whatever detergent you need,
close the door set the thing off ......

That's the effort, why do you think men get married for sex ;-

Then there's the 'not much point in doing a wash until it's full' -
especially if there are only two of you.

I live with someone who *has* to wash a single used teaspoon! I
suppose she doesn't want stuff cluttering up the sink but I think it
is a waste of hot water and not a good use of time for someone who
has a cupboard full of potions for itchy skin!

Yep, I know. Anything left in the sink will quickly be washed, which
can be convenient, but can also be a pain in the arse, especially when
it's in there to soak and soften up the dry bits of food.

--
Davey.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote
whisky-dave wrote

Yes the bit where you have to collect all the stuff together,
pull down the door load everything in, add whatever
detergent you need, close the door set the thing off ......

Hardly the end of civilisation as we know it.

That's the effort, why do you think men get married for sex ;-

Then there's the 'not much point in doing a wash until
it's full' - especially if there are only two of you.

All that means is more crockery and cutlery. Even you should be able to
manage that.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
[...]

All those not stupid enough to go that route too, eh ?

Goodbye faulty one.

Just another of your pathetic little drug crazed fantasys, gutless one.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 04 Aug 2016 20:57:39 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
James Wilkinson wrote

I know when my lights are on because they're
lighting up the ground in front of the ****ing car!

Not when you have turned them on when it was
dark, had the sun come up while using the car,
and then stop using the car rather later.

That happened to a friend of mine.

Yeah, I do it quite a bit, essentially because the garage sale run
normally starts in the dark because we like to show up at the ones
that are sposed to open at 7am at 6am and thats in the dark in winter.

Maybe about 20% of the time I find I still have the lights on later.

Not a problem with the Getz, it turns all the lights off when you turn
the ignition off and lock the car with the remote and beeps to remind
you that the lights are on when you do that in case you want to turn the
sidelights on again if you want them on with the car parked and locked..

My Golf annoyed me - to put on one half of the sidelights (the side in the middle of the road), you pushed the indicator stalk in that direction with the engine off. But when you pull over on the left, your indicator is already facing that way, the wrong way for the side you want lit up..

We were driving to a party and staying the night we arrived
early about 5pm in daylight. When we got out of teh car a
regan IIRC it was beeping he had no idea why so ignored it.

Around 10am we attempted to leave and teh car wouldnlt start flat battery.

Yeah, the 73 Golf does let you leave the car with
the lights on and on a few occasions one of the
neighbours had told me that the lights are still on.

I used to have a car with three 100Ah batteries in the back in addition to the main one. It was because I went camping in it and used a fridge etc. I used to leave the lights on deliberately at work and see how many panicked people would tell me I was going to flatten my battery.

we think what happened is he put the lights on to go through blackwall
tunnel and forgot to turn them off after exciting the tunnel.

None of our tunnels need the cars to have their lights on.
One of the underground car parks under one of the shopping
malls does see some turn their lights on when in there, but
thats not to see where you are going, more to make their
car more visible to other people.

You should be able to see another car with the lighting in a car park.

Probably just people with automatic lights.

--
There was a blackout in my neighborhood last night.
I had to shoot him before he stole everything.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

James Wilkinson wrote
Rod Speed wrote
whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
James Wilkinson wrote

[...]

Mine is much older than that and doesnt have any of that ****.

Neither does the much more recent than your Golf Getz.

The Merc one of my mates borrowed when a tree had jumped
out and attack her car did have that sort of fancy selective
sidelight **** and she had to get me to turn the lights off on that.

We were driving to a party and staying the night we arrived
early about 5pm in daylight. When we got out of teh car a
regan IIRC it was beeping he had no idea why so ignored it.

Around 10am we attempted to leave and teh car wouldnlt start flat
battery.

Yeah, the 73 Golf does let you leave the car with
the lights on and on a few occasions one of the
neighbours had told me that the lights are still on.

I used to have a car with three 100Ah batteries in the back in addition to
the main one. It was because I went camping in it and used a fridge etc.
I used to leave the lights on deliberately at work and see how many
panicked people would tell me I was going to flatten my battery.

They weren't panicking, just being helpful.

we think what happened is he put the lights on to go through blackwall
tunnel and forgot to turn them off after exciting the tunnel.

None of our tunnels need the cars to have their lights on.
One of the underground car parks under one of the shopping
malls does see some turn their lights on when in there, but
thats not to see where you are going, more to make their
car more visible to other people.

You should be able to see another car with the lighting in a car park.

You can see that better with the car headlights on.

Probably just people with automatic lights.

Nope.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 05 Aug 2016 23:34:06 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

James Wilkinson wrote
Rod Speed wrote
whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
James Wilkinson wrote

[...]

They stopped once I'd explained to them that even a normal decent car battery won't go flat in 8 hours of work with just sidelights on.

we think what happened is he put the lights on to go through blackwall
tunnel and forgot to turn them off after exciting the tunnel.

None of our tunnels need the cars to have their lights on.
One of the underground car parks under one of the shopping
malls does see some turn their lights on when in there, but
thats not to see where you are going, more to make their
car more visible to other people.

You should be able to see another car with the lighting in a car park..

You can see that better with the car headlights on.

Only if your eyesight sux.

Probably just people with automatic lights.

Nope.

There's a lot of those about, you can see how stupid they are when they drive through a patch of trees and the lights go on for 5 seconds. You'd think they'd take a recent average.

--
Why isn't 11 pronounced onety one?