Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davey Davey is offline

Default When we get old (er)

On Fri, 5 Aug 2016 09:24:50 +1000
"Rod Speed" wrote:

the mechanic I now use couldn't care less and just checks the obvious
stuff like the tyres and lights and does the mandatory brakes check
with the meter they put on the front passengers seat floor and go for
a drive etc.

I once had a Bradford Van where the tester did that, and the seat folded
forward and threw the Tapley meter onto the floor. The battery came
loose, too, and dripped acid onto the forecourt. We had had to hit one
of the rear lights to make it come on, and the kingpin slop was audible.
It passed, though. He liked Bradford Vans.

It wandered down the road, steering like an American car from a 1950's
film. I was glad to sell it.

--
Davey.