Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default When we get old (er)

On 03/08/16 01:26, bm wrote:
"Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬)" wrote
in message ...
On 02/08/2016 17:09, Tim Watts wrote:
On 02/08/16 17:03, DerbyBorn wrote:
Will we be doing any of the following:

Press the buttons on our TV Remote really hard if it doesn't do what we
want?

Already do - because my volume buttons are knackered!

Now there's a really simple DIY job right there.

Carefully "fiddling" your way around the seam of the remote you'll
eventually workout where the internal clips hide (4 most likely)and
which direction to ease them with a fine bladed tool to split the case.

Once you have the remote in half(s) the conductive "rubber" key-pad can
be lifted off as a complete sheet and you'll spot the dirty contacts on
the PCB.
Give them all a wipe with your preferred cleaning solvent (Think I used
nail varnish remover last time) and clean the contact side of the rubber
buttons while you're at it.

Reassemble and your remote is good as new once more.

With some of'em, with solvent, you'll totally screw the carbon tracks/pads,
ebay here we come.

isopropyl alcohol is my solvent of choice these days: I have never found
a plastic that it damages and it's adequate as a solvent (not as good as
carbon tet, but it does take off grease).
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , News
writes
In message ,
writes

1 - Always turning back around once you've left the car and pinging the
remote to see the indicators flash (for those of us without auto folding
mirrors)

2 - having to re-arrange the dishwasher every day because "they" have
put randomly intermingled cutlery in the cutlery drawer or put a small
plate between 2 big plates etc.

3 - re-hanging all the washing on the airer with nylons on the bottom
rungs and cottons on the top rungs... grouping socks together in pairs
and oh so many other things I'd be listing them all night.

You've got a spycam in my house, haven't you? :-)

Mine too!

Also I had forgotten the dishwasher. I have devised the best arrangement
for our range of crockery and cutlery based on 25 years experience in a
factory production environment. ( I always envied the time and motion
people).

the house. My theory about the *random stackers* or visiting family is
that they are never there to do the unloading and thus don't suffer the
consequences of their actions. There is also the elder daughter who has
to use the deep sided cereal bowl she used as a child which does not fit
anywhere sensible....

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/08/2016 22:46, Andy Burns wrote:
Huge wrote:

I keep a Krooklock in the car. I leave it as an exercise for the reader
as to what it's for.

I keep the 3' metal handle for opening the loft hatch behind my bedroom
door, though I can comfortably reach the catch without it :-P

6 D cell maglite, you want to see who you are bashing.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/08/2016 01:14, Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬) wrote:
[...]

---

I had one which was too worn for that. It was actually a
dictionary/encyclopaedia which my dad used and was used to.

So I painstakingly glued slivers of conductive plastic from a black
electronic components anti-static bag onto each pad using a microscopic
smear of RTV silicone.

It worked perfectly. I proudly returned it to the old ******* to find
he'd just bought a new one.

Cheers
--
Syd
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The first and last ones are important I think. The remote controls tend to
suffer from debris from the rubber mat getting in the hole where the contact
is made and stopping it from working. It can be cleaned out but this
normally requires you to open up the remote, remove the mat and use ipa to
clean off gunge and flakes that are in the holes where the contacts are.
six months on and its got to be done again.
With water taps its lime scale build up under the top and as many people do
not turn off the tap firmly soon you need a good clean up or a lot more
strength to clean out the lime scale.
If you do not do the check it tends to start to drip in the middle of the
night and with us all on meters that can be expensive.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"DerbyBorn" wrote in message
2.236...
Will we be doing any of the following:

Press the buttons on our TV Remote really hard if it doesn't do what we
want?

After locking the car with the remote, walk round and give each door 3 or
4
pulls of the door handle?

Use a Krooklock on our car despite it having an immobiliser and deadlocks?

Give the taps an extra turn to the off position every time we go near the
sink.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 2 August 2016 23:48:03 UTC+1, bm wrote:
No matter how much you shake your peg, the last drop sometimes gets your
leg.

You'd think Dyson would have invented something for that.

Owain
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 3 August 2016 02:08:37 UTC+1, Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬) wrote:
... haven't ever used soapy water
myself but yes it's something to be wary of.

Yes, people can slip in the bath after using soapy water.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 2 August 2016 23:21:43 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 02 Aug 2016 22:48:35 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

Even you should be able to ignore the beeping when that happens.

No, I cannot ignore noises.

Corse you can. If someone said they would shoot you
if you didn't ignore the beeps, you'd ignore the beeps.

Lol. I didn't know you were capable of being funny.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 03 Aug 2016 09:15:00 +0100, Syd Rumpo wrote:

[...]

You can get paint-on repair stuff these days.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 8/3/2016 3:08 AM, Tim Watts wrote:

isopropyl alcohol is my solvent of choice these days: I have never found
a plastic that it damages and it's adequate as a solvent (not as good as
carbon tet, but it does take off grease).

Many years ago, I used isopropyl alcohol to clean a plastic hairbrush
and put it down on the counter. I returned later, picked up the handle,
and the rest of the brush stayed, in little pieces, on the counter.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

not turn off the tap firmly soon you need a good clean up or a lot
more strength to clean out the lime scale.
If you do not do the check it tends to start to drip in the middle
of the
night and with us all on meters that can be expensive.
Brian

Brian - DIY People may do these things for a good reason. I was really
thinking of of those who actually abuse items rather than fixing things -
or apply old habits to new devices.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 3 Aug 2016 06:51:55 -0400, S Viemeister
wrote:

On 8/3/2016 3:08 AM, Tim Watts wrote:

isopropyl alcohol is my solvent of choice these days: I have never found
a plastic that it damages and it's adequate as a solvent (not as good as
carbon tet, but it does take off grease).

Many years ago, I used isopropyl alcohol to clean a plastic hairbrush
and put it down on the counter. I returned later, picked up the handle,
and the rest of the brush stayed, in little pieces, on the counter.

You just reminded me of an incident that happened when i worked in the
licensed trade.
When wine on draught first was first installed the customers were
given a free spray bottle of IPA that was intended to be sprayed over
the wine box and pipe connector to sterilise it .
One landord decided to spray a good quantity over his draught soft
drinks dispenser but unfortunately what ever type of plastic the
mechanism was made of reacted and shrank and cracked , this resulted
in several gallons of Cola and Lemonade leaking from the mechanism,
unfortunatly he had done is spray job just before going to bed so
didn't discover the leaks till morning.

G.Harman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2016-08-03, Tim Watts wrote:

[31 lines snipped]

isopropyl alcohol is my solvent of choice these days: I have never found
a plastic that it damages and it's adequate as a solvent (not as good as
carbon tet, but it does take off grease).

That and the solvent uPVC cleaner that Wickes sell. Not sure what it is,
but it sure removes grease. And the gooey layer on items suffering from
"plastic cancer".

Oooh - ta for the tip. I need something to clean the uPVC sills in the
conservatory.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/08/16 11:51, S Viemeister wrote:
On 8/3/2016 3:08 AM, Tim Watts wrote:

isopropyl alcohol is my solvent of choice these days: I have never found
a plastic that it damages and it's adequate as a solvent (not as good as
carbon tet, but it does take off grease).

Many years ago, I used isopropyl alcohol to clean a plastic hairbrush
and put it down on the counter. I returned later, picked up the handle,
and the rest of the brush stayed, in little pieces, on the counter.

Unlucky

I've used IPA on switches (as in mains wall plates) with no ill effects.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/08/2016 13:12, Huge wrote:

Oooh - ta for the tip. I need something to clean the uPVC sills in the
conservatory.

Make sure it's the solvent and not soapy water!

(I'm surprised you can still buy it.)

You don't, you put some soap in water and stir....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 03 Aug 2016 02:28:02 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 03 Aug 2016 00:31:42 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news On Wed, 03 Aug 2016 00:03:11 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news On Tue, 02 Aug 2016 23:43:32 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news On Tue, 02 Aug 2016 23:21:37 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news On Tue, 02 Aug 2016 21:57:49 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news On Tue, 02 Aug 2016 20:13:21 +0100, Tim Watts

wrote:

On 02/08/16 18:03, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
DerbyBorn wrote:

Hell no.

You forgot giving the fridge door a push to make sure it is
closed
when
you
walk past it.

Do at work,

Don't at home because my fridge beeps like a whiny thing if
it's
not
closed

First thing I'd do is remove the beeper.

More fool you. Its handy to avoid not closing it properly
accidentally.

I'd fix the magnet.

The magnet isnt broken.

If it's working, it would close easily.

But not automatically.

I'm as forgetful as they come, but leaving your fridge door open has
be
about as stupid as driving along with your car door open.

Doesn't have to be left wide open so that is noticeable.

That implies you tried to close it and failed.

Nope, just that you didn't close it properly.

Best see a doctor about your lack of dexterity.

No doctor can do anything about a lack of dexterity.

You can get creams or something.

None that do a damned thing about dexterity.

Don't they do creams for arthritis?

So like I said, you need a better magnet.

Wrong, as always.

You do understand magnetism?

And I understand how fridge doors work too.

By magnetism.

There is more involved than just magnetism.

No.

Cars that do that when lights are on annoy me to.

More fool you.

I might want to leave the lights on, for example for me to see
the
gate
or
garage door I'm opening.

Even you should be able to ignore the beeping when that happens.

No, I cannot ignore noises.

Corse you can. If someone said they would shoot you
if you didn't ignore the beeps, you'd ignore the beeps.

But they'd still annoy me.

So infrequently that only a fool would disconnect the beeper.

Not if I always came home in the evening, left the lights on to get
out
and open the garage door, then got back in to drive the car in.

With the wrecks you drive, sure. Makes no sense in a non wreck tho.

Why would that make the bleeper more or less annoying?

No one said it did.

Then what was your point?

What was yours ?

That a beep every dark evening would **** me off.

--
What's the best thing to get for a woman who has everything?
A man to show her how to work it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/08/2016 08:06, Bob Eager wrote:

None of which is OCD. OCD is when you find it hard to conduct a normal
life because of much more pronounced versions of the above.

But it must be somewhere on the OCD scale like degrees of aspergers ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Even you should be able to ignore the beeping when that happens.

No, I cannot ignore noises.

Corse you can. If someone said they would shoot you
if you didn't ignore the beeps, you'd ignore the beeps.

Lol. I didn't know you were capable of being funny.

He isn't, it must be what you're drinking.

--
An elderly man was stopped by the police around 2 a.m and was asked where he was going at that time of night.
The man replied, "I'm on my way to a lecture about alcohol abuse and the effects it has on the human body, as well as smoking and staying out late."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in
:

;¬) wrote:
... haven't ever used soapy water
myself but yes it's something to be wary of.

Yes, people can slip in the bath after using soapy water.

Owain

Often a screw in the battery compartment as well. I would avoud a strong
solvent - especially nail varnish remover.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 3 August 2016 12:20:55 UTC+1, wrote:
... several gallons of Cola and Lemonade leaking from the mechanism,
unfortunatly he had done is spray job just before going to bed so
didn't discover the leaks till morning.

very unfortunate sticky leaks

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 03 Aug 2016 12:20:54 +0100, damduck-egg wrote:

he rest of the brush stayed, in little pieces, on the counter.

You just reminded me of an incident that happened when i worked in the
licensed trade.
When wine on draught first was first installed the customers were given
a free spray bottle of IPA

India Pale Ale?

(not seriuos!)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote:
The first and last ones are important I think. The remote controls
tend to suffer from debris from the rubber mat getting in the hole
where the contact is made and stopping it from working. It can be
cleaned out but this normally requires you to open up the remote,
remove the mat and use ipa to clean off gunge and flakes that are in

snip

One of the Sky remotes started to play up a good while ago.
I took it apart, removed crap and noticed that the mat seemed to be damp. I
gave it a good scrub with nail polish remover.
Seems that I should not have done this. It works fine now
though....................... or so I'm told. I watch very little telly.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

DerbyBorn wrote:

Hell no.

You forgot giving the fridge door a push to make sure it is closed
when you walk past it.

Do at work,

Don't at home because my fridge beeps like a whiny thing if it's not
closed

First thing I'd do is remove the beeper. Cars that do that when
lights are on annoy me to.

Prick.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 03 Aug 2016 19:44:11 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Brian Gaff wrote:
The first and last ones are important I think. The remote controls
tend to suffer from debris from the rubber mat getting in the hole
where the contact is made and stopping it from working. It can be
cleaned out but this normally requires you to open up the remote,
remove the mat and use ipa to clean off gunge and flakes that are in

snip

One of the Sky remotes started to play up a good while ago.
I took it apart, removed crap and noticed that the mat seemed to be damp. I
gave it a good scrub with nail polish remover.
Seems that I should not have done this. It works fine now
though....................... or so I'm told. I watch very little telly.

Can't afford a new remote for £7 on Ebay?

--
"Cowpoke" - someone who does not use cows for their intended purpose.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

DerbyBorn wrote:

Hell no.

You forgot giving the fridge door a push to make sure it is closed
when you walk past it.

Do at work,

Don't at home because my fridge beeps like a whiny thing if it's not
closed

First thing I'd do is remove the beeper. Cars that do that when
lights are on annoy me to.

Prick.

Not my fault I can remember to turn my lights off.

--
Attila the Hun died during a bout of rough sex where his partner broke his nose causing a haemorrhage.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

DerbyBorn wrote:

Hell no.

You forgot giving the fridge door a push to make sure it is closed
when you walk past it.

Do at work,

Don't at home because my fridge beeps like a whiny thing if it's
not closed

First thing I'd do is remove the beeper. Cars that do that when
lights are on annoy me to.

Prick.

Not my fault I can remember to turn my lights off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vaIBZCLUQU

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Brian Gaff wrote:
The first and last ones are important I think. The remote controls
tend to suffer from debris from the rubber mat getting in the hole
where the contact is made and stopping it from working. It can be
cleaned out but this normally requires you to open up the remote,
remove the mat and use ipa to clean off gunge and flakes that are
in

snip

One of the Sky remotes started to play up a good while ago.
I took it apart, removed crap and noticed that the mat seemed to be
damp. I gave it a good scrub with nail polish remover.
Seems that I should not have done this. It works fine now
though....................... or so I'm told. I watch very little
telly.

Can't afford a new remote for £7 on Ebay?

New my backside.
I have 3 working remotes in my office drawer.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

DerbyBorn wrote:

Hell no.

You forgot giving the fridge door a push to make sure it is closed
when you walk past it.

Do at work,

Don't at home because my fridge beeps like a whiny thing if it's
not closed

First thing I'd do is remove the beeper. Cars that do that when
lights are on annoy me to.

Prick.

Not my fault I can remember to turn my lights off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vaIBZCLUQU

Good song. Did you have a point or were you just listening to it?

--
One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Brian Gaff wrote:
The first and last ones are important I think. The remote controls
tend to suffer from debris from the rubber mat getting in the hole
where the contact is made and stopping it from working. It can be
cleaned out but this normally requires you to open up the remote,
remove the mat and use ipa to clean off gunge and flakes that are
in
snip

One of the Sky remotes started to play up a good while ago.
I took it apart, removed crap and noticed that the mat seemed to be
damp. I gave it a good scrub with nail polish remover.
Seems that I should not have done this. It works fine now
though....................... or so I'm told. I watch very little
telly.

Can't afford a new remote for £7 on Ebay?

New my backside.
I have 3 working remotes in my office drawer.

One for each hand and one for your foot?

--
A woman standing nude in front of a mirror says to her husband: "I look horrible, I feel fat and ugly, pay me a compliment."
He replies, "Your eyesight is perfect."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

DerbyBorn wrote:

[...]

Nothing to do with dexterity.

So like I said, you need a better magnet.

Wrong, as always.

You do understand magnetism?

And I understand how fridge doors work too.

By magnetism.

There is more involved than just magnetism.

No.

Yep, there is also how the hinge system works.

[...]

And only a fool would cut the beeper in other than a wreck.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

DerbyBorn wrote:

[...]

People with arthritis are not dexterous. Or dextrose.

So like I said, you need a better magnet.

Wrong, as always.

You do understand magnetism?

And I understand how fridge doors work too.

By magnetism.

There is more involved than just magnetism.

No.

Yep, there is also how the hinge system works.

WD40 it then.

[...]

Anyone sensible would cut it when they don't need it. And usually it's a plug in thing in the fuse and relay box, so you're not damaging the car.

--
A blue whale's heart is roughly the size of a VW Beetle, and its aorta is large enough for a human to crawl through.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

DerbyBorn wrote:

[...]

But when the lack of dexterity has nothing to do
with arthritis, the cream will do absolutely nothing.

So like I said, you need a better magnet.

Wrong, as always.

You do understand magnetism?

And I understand how fridge doors work too.

By magnetism.

There is more involved than just magnetism.

No.

Yep, there is also how the hinge system works.

WD40 it then.

Nothing to do with what WD40 is good for.

[...]

But it isnt the only time it needs to beep.

And usually it's a plug in thing in the fuse and relay box, so you're not
damaging the car.

But it can't beep when it needs to if you remove it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news On Wed, 03 Aug 2016 02:28:02 +0100, Rod Speed

DerbyBorn wrote:

[...]

You said "No doctor can do anything about a lack of dexterity" - yet most loss of dexterity in old age is due to arthritis.

So like I said, you need a better magnet.

Wrong, as always.

You do understand magnetism?

And I understand how fridge doors work too.

By magnetism.

There is more involved than just magnetism.

No.

Yep, there is also how the hinge system works.

WD40 it then.

Nothing to do with what WD40 is good for.

If the hinge is stiff, WD40 will help.

[...]

Yes it is. Why else would your car beep?

I don't want it to beep. I know when my lights are on because they're lighting up the ground in front of the ****ing car!

--
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news On Tue, 02 Aug 2016 21:57:49 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in
message

Bull**** it is.

So like I said, you need a better magnet.

Wrong, as always.

You do understand magnetism?

And I understand how fridge doors work too.

By magnetism.

There is more involved than just magnetism.

No.

Yep, there is also how the hinge system works.

WD40 it then.

Nothing to do with what WD40 is good for.

If the hinge is stiff, WD40 will help.

And when it isnt, it wont.

[...]

Yes it is.

Wrong, as always.

Why else would your car beep?

Whenever anything has gone wrong.

And usually it's a plug in thing in the fuse and relay box, so you're
not damaging the car.

But it can't beep when it needs to if you remove it.

I don't want it to beep.

More fool you.

I know when my lights are on because they're lighting up the ground in
front of the ****ing car!

Not when you have turned them on when it was dark,
had the sun come up while using the car, and then
stop using the car rather later.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news On Wed, 03 Aug 2016 20:34:34 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news On Tue, 02 Aug 2016 21:57:49 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in
message

DerbyBorn wrote:

[...]

Show detailed stats or STFU.

So like I said, you need a better magnet.

Wrong, as always.

You do understand magnetism?

And I understand how fridge doors work too.

By magnetism.

There is more involved than just magnetism.

No.

Yep, there is also how the hinge system works.

WD40 it then.

Nothing to do with what WD40 is good for.

If the hinge is stiff, WD40 will help.

And when it isnt, it wont.

When it isn't, it doesn't prevent the door closing.

[...]

Different beepers. Different noise.

And usually it's a plug in thing in the fuse and relay box, so you're
not damaging the car.

But it can't beep when it needs to if you remove it.

I don't want it to beep.

More fool you.

I know when my lights are on because they're lighting up the ground in
front of the ****ing car!

Not when you have turned them on when it was dark,
had the sun come up while using the car, and then
stop using the car rather later.

I'd switch them off when it began to get light, while I was still driving.

--
Sprinter Tim Montgomery is banned 2 years for doping.
Track officials began to suspect he might be juicing.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news

And usually it's a plug in thing in the fuse and relay box, so you're
not damaging the car.

But it can't beep when it needs to if you remove it.

I don't want it to beep.

More fool you.

I know when my lights are on because they're lighting up the ground in
front of the ****ing car!

Not when you have turned them on when it was dark,
had the sun come up while using the car, and then
stop using the car rather later.

The most sensible cars just change to sidelights when the ignition is off.

--
Mrs. Jones is having her house painted, and her husband comes home from work and leans against the freshly painted wall.
The next day, she says to the painter, "You wanna see where my husband put his hand last night?"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news On Tue, 02 Aug 2016 22:48:35 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in
message
news On Tue, 02 Aug 2016 21:57:49 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in
message

Go and **** yourself.

[...]

Not anymore.

And usually it's a plug in thing in the fuse and relay box, so you're
not damaging the car.

But it can't beep when it needs to if you remove it.

I don't want it to beep.

More fool you.

I know when my lights are on because they're lighting up the ground in
front of the ****ing car!

Not when you have turned them on when it was dark,
had the sun come up while using the car, and then
stop using the car rather later.

I'd switch them off when it began to get light, while I was still driving.

Plenty don't, hence the reminder.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news

And usually it's a plug in thing in the fuse and relay box, so you're
not damaging the car.

But it can't beep when it needs to if you remove it.

I don't want it to beep.

More fool you.

I know when my lights are on because they're lighting up the ground in
front of the ****ing car!

Not when you have turned them on when it was dark,
had the sun come up while using the car, and then
stop using the car rather later.

The most sensible cars just change to sidelights when the ignition is off.

Mine in fact turns both off when the ignition is off and if you want the
sidelights to be on when the ignition is off, you have to turn them on
again once the ignition is off. When you are stuck with ancient wrecks
you get to wear what they used to do then.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2 Aug 2016 21:41:46 GMT
Huge wrote:

Use a Krooklock on our car despite it having an immobiliser and
deadlocks?

I keep a Krooklock in the car. I leave it as an exercise for the
reader as to what it's for.

"The Club" is the US version of Krooklock, but still the same device.
Once in Baltimore, Maryland, I was stopped at a traffic light, and
parked at the side of a road was a rusty old car, so rusty that I could
see what was in the boot by looking through the rear wing. But it had a
Club to prevent vehicle theft.

--
Davey.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 03 Aug 2016 01:28:31 +0100, Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬) wrote:

On 02/08/2016 21:15, Mike Lander wrote:

That's OCD not getting old (er).

OCD now there's a topic that deserves it's very own thread...

2 - having to re-arrange the dishwasher every day because "they" have
put randomly intermingled cutlery in the cutlery drawer or put a small
plate between 2 big plates etc.

Whenever I'm trying to find space to stow something in the dishwasher,
the thought, "My missus would be *so* in the wrong job if she were ever
to be employed as a Load Master on a cargo ship." keeps popping into my
head. It's uncanny, it happens almost every time.

--
Johnny B Good