Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default When we get old (er)

On 03/08/16 11:51, S Viemeister wrote:
On 8/3/2016 3:08 AM, Tim Watts wrote:

isopropyl alcohol is my solvent of choice these days: I have never found
a plastic that it damages and it's adequate as a solvent (not as good as
carbon tet, but it does take off grease).

Many years ago, I used isopropyl alcohol to clean a plastic hairbrush
and put it down on the counter. I returned later, picked up the handle,
and the rest of the brush stayed, in little pieces, on the counter.

Unlucky

I've used IPA on switches (as in mains wall plates) with no ill effects.