Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Pounder Esquire Mr Pounder Esquire is offline

Default When we get old (er)

James Wilkinson wrote:
On Wed, 03 Aug 2016 19:44:11 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:
Brian Gaff wrote:
The first and last ones are important I think. The remote controls
tend to suffer from debris from the rubber mat getting in the hole
where the contact is made and stopping it from working. It can be
cleaned out but this normally requires you to open up the remote,
remove the mat and use ipa to clean off gunge and flakes that are
in

snip

One of the Sky remotes started to play up a good while ago.
I took it apart, removed crap and noticed that the mat seemed to be
damp. I gave it a good scrub with nail polish remover.
Seems that I should not have done this. It works fine now
though....................... or so I'm told. I watch very little
telly.

Can't afford a new remote for £7 on Ebay?

New my backside.
I have 3 working remotes in my office drawer.