Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default When we get old (er)

"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 04 Aug 2016 16:50:16 +0100, whisky-dave
wrote:

On Thursday, 4 August 2016 15:38:40 UTC+1, Bod wrote:
On 04/08/2016 15:28, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Thu, 04 Aug 2016 09:01:41 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 04/08/2016 08:49, Andy Burns wrote:
Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬) wrote:

apparently "they don't make dishes
anymore" so we only have deep bowls

My (not ancient) crockery has rice bowls and cereal dishes, I find
the
rice bowls far better for cereal, than the cereal bowls which are
too
shallow and slosh out the sides to easily.

you'll appreciate the havoc that
causes trying to load the machine efficiently

Not really, no space for a washdisher here.

Washing up by hand only takes about 3 or 4 minutes with just the two
of us.
A Fishwasher is a waste of money to us and simply something else to
go
wrong, also takes up unnecessary space.

It's the effort required that a dishwasher removes.

Effort!?

Yes the bit where you have to collect all the stuff together, pull down
the door load everything in, add whatever detergent you need, close the
door set the thing off ......

That's the effort, why do you think men get married for sex ;-

I know someone (a lawyer) who measured the time taken to load her
dishwasher, she was convinced it was still taking as long as washing the
dishes. It wasn't anything like as long,

Yeah, she's a fool. I just put the used dishes straight in the dishwasher
and don't bother to even rinse them. I to tip stuff l like chop bones
off into the bin before the plate goes in the dishwasher but that's it.

And the kitchen is designed so that the dishwasher stays
open so you don't even have to open it to put more
dishes in. Just close it before doing the dishwashing run.

but once you get used to something easier, it becomes annoyingly hard
again.

I always hated washing the dishes, presumably
because we were made to do it as kids.