Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Wilkinson James Wilkinson is offline

Default When we get old (er)

On Thu, 04 Aug 2016 14:55:26 +0100, whisky-dave wrote:

On Wednesday, 3 August 2016 22:25:44 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"James Wilkinson" wrote in message

I know when my lights are on because they're lighting up the ground in
front of the ****ing car!

Not when you have turned them on when it was dark,
had the sun come up while using the car, and then
stop using the car rather later.

That happened to a friend of mine. We were driving to a party and staying the night we arrived early about 5pm in daylight. When we got out of teh car a regan IIRC it was beeping he had no idea why so ignored it.
Around 10am we attempted to leave and teh car wouldnlt start flat battery.

A decent car will switch to sidelights when you put the ignition off. A good battery won't go flat with sidelights.

Now they all have LEDs, nobody will flatten a battery anymore.

we think what happened is he put the lights on to go through blackwall tunnel and forgot to turn them off after exciting the tunnel.

I don't turn my lights on for tunnels. Tunnels have their own lights.

--
We always hold hands. If I let go, she shops.