Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default When we get old (er)

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Tuesday, 9 August 2016 14:11:52 UTC+1, wrote:
On Tuesday, 9 August 2016 13:58:59 UTC+1, whisky-dave wrote:
On Monday, 8 August 2016 13:24:04 UTC+1, tabbypurr wrote:
On Monday, 8 August 2016 12:31:55 UTC+1, whisky-dave wrote:
On Thursday, 4 August 2016 21:08:50 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:

The latest Bosch only cost me $50 at a garage sale
and works fine.

for me it'd be the running cost that would annoy me I suspect.

12-20p a wash versus half an hour or so of hand washing.

Takes me less than a few miniutes and a couple of squerts of washing up
liquid DOES NOT cost even 12p.
My friend dishwasher runs overnight so not the fastest way to wash a
cup you want.

I don't believe you can wash a dishwasherful of stuff in a few minutes.
But seriously, I'm not interested in discussing it.

At least your right about that, but unkike you it seems I can wash up a
cup within a few minutes

Even a besotted drunk like yourself would use more than just a cup.

where as you seem to want to put it in a dishwasher. But for me
to get a dishwahser full of stuff would take me nearly a week,

It takes me more like 9-10 days depending on how often the
evening meal uses a full sized dinner plate instead of something
else and that's when I do the dishwasher run, when there are no
more clean full sized dinner plates left. I run out of those first
and the dishwasher is mostly full of the rest of the stuff by then.

how is that economical

By saving all that hot water you waste washing everything
you have used after ever meal or cup of tea etc.

or fast.

Lot less work putting stuff in the dishwasher after you have
eaten off it or drunk from it than washing it after doing that.

Perhaps IF I had a family of 4+

Dont need anything like that, that just
sees you run the dishwasher less frequently.