Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default When we get old (er)

On Thursday, 11 August 2016 01:35:12 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"James Wilkinson" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 16:18:38 +0100, whisky-dave
wrote:

On Wednesday, 10 August 2016 15:18:30 UTC+1, James Wilkinson wrote:
On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 10:23:48 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , James Wilkinson
wrote:

On Tue, 09 Aug 2016 20:50:23 +0100, Tim Streater

wrote:

Your method is too much of a faff. We just load as we go and empty
once
its run overnight.

But you have to open the dishwasher and pull the tray out for every
single
dish. Much less time consuming to do all the loading in one go.

No, once per meal.

You never have snacks? Are you that regimented?

I had 2 wagon wheels and two toffee kit-kats for breakfat what exactly
needs going in the dishwasher ?

if I have soemn snakes tonigh it'll be a cake of some sort of a packet of
crips, I had worchester sauce again I found no need for a dishwasher
didn;t even find need for a plate, although I wish I had a machine to
automatically open the bags for me, it would save lots of time and
probbly cheaper than opening them myself ;-P

Can you tell, me what snacks need a dishwasher ?

Well I stick things in the dirty dishes pile many times a day.

Makes more sense to use the same plate for snacks until
it gets too dirty to use if you are into messy snacks.

why wait until it gets too dirty ? and how do you judge too dirty.

I use the same plate repeatedly for the massive great
slab of multigrain toast with marg and my marmalade
that is my only breakfast and only get a clean plate
when some of the marg has leaked thru the hole that
the paddle makes in the bread machine or when some
or the marmalade has fallen off onto the plate.

You see if I found a bit of marg or whatever on the plate I;d get a kitchen towel or something and wipe it off, i'd take me a few seconds why would I put it in the dishwaher and leave it for a week+ then take 30+ minutes waiting for it to be washed ?
Luckily you only have one slice of toast if you had between 2 and 4 like I do you'd need perhaps 4 plates .
Same as with me for tea I typically have 4 or 5 a night and upto 2 coffees
they all go in the same cup/mug I don;t need to have 6 mugs every evening to put in a dishwasher along with the 6 spoons for stirring of course.