Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Wilkinson James Wilkinson is offline

Default When we get old (er)

On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 00:50:30 +0100, Davey wrote:

On 8 Aug 2016 23:37:53 GMT
Bob Eager wrote:

On Tue, 09 Aug 2016 00:25:53 +0100, James Wilkinson wrote:

On Mon, 08 Aug 2016 23:35:09 +0100, Bob Eager
wrote:

On Mon, 08 Aug 2016 22:54:46 +0100, Tim Streater wrote:

In article , Bob Eager
wrote:

On Mon, 08 Aug 2016 22:29:52 +0100, James Wilkinson wrote:

On Mon, 08 Aug 2016 22:08:47 +0100, Bob Eager
wrote:

On Mon, 08 Aug 2016 20:15:59 +0100, James Wilkinson wrote:

On Mon, 08 Aug 2016 20:13:29 +0100,
wrote:

On Monday, 8 August 2016 16:12:44 UTC+1, James Wilkinson
wrote:
On Mon, 08 Aug 2016 13:22:35 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Thursday, 4 August 2016 21:08:50 UTC+1, Rod Speed
wrote:

The latest Bosch only cost me $50 at a garage sale and
works fine.

for me it'd be the running cost that would annoy me I
suspect.

More fool you. It actually costs less to run than doing
it by hand.

Sure? Dishwashers only wash properly at something like
75C. You don't use anything like that temperature by hand,
most of the work is done by scrubbing, but a dishwasher
can't scrub. You also drip dry things, or dry them with a
towel. The dishwasher uses heat.

Dishwashers use water blasting with grit to scrub dishes.

I didn't realise there was grit in the tablets.

Only old ones use a hot drying cycle now.

Mine is only about 2 years old and it does. So they dry by
magic?

What tablets?

The things you put in to wash the dishes! The detergent!

I don't use tablets.

Me too neither. I use Finish powder - which you can only get in
1kg plastic jobs now rather than the 3kg ones that used to be
available. They've pushed all the suckers towards tablets as they
are more expensive.

http://cpc.farnell.com/shorrock-tric...r-powder-10kg/

dp/
SA01340

Morrisons tablets are 5p each.

I never enter Morrisons.

You must have a choice. Here, we have Tesco's or Morrison's. The normal
procedure is to shop at Morrison's, and then move over to Tesco's for
the things that Morrison's doesn't stock, or are maybe cheaper there.
There is an Aldi, but it is full of crap that is piled high, and looks
as though the January sales just passed through. All the time. It is as
appetising as an American Wal-Mart store, and that is not a compliment.

The Aldi here is fine. There's one aisle with random stuff in it that changes every time. I never use that aisle as I go to a supermarket for specific things. If I had needed any of the things in the random aisle, I would have bought one when I needed it, from somewhere that always stocks those things.

The rest of the store however is food, cheap AND quality at the same time.

--
Thought for the Day:
The Bible teaches us to love your neighbour, and the Kama Sutra explains how.