Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default When we get old (er)

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Thursday, 11 August 2016 00:07:41 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Tuesday, 9 August 2016 15:37:34 UTC+1, Bod wrote:
On 09/08/2016 15:18, whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, 9 August 2016 14:11:52 UTC+1, wrote:
On Tuesday, 9 August 2016 13:58:59 UTC+1, whisky-dave wrote:
On Monday, 8 August 2016 13:24:04 UTC+1, tabbypurr wrote:
On Monday, 8 August 2016 12:31:55 UTC+1, whisky-dave wrote:
On Thursday, 4 August 2016 21:08:50 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:

The latest Bosch only cost me $50 at a garage sale
and works fine.

for me it'd be the running cost that would annoy me I suspect.

12-20p a wash versus half an hour or so of hand washing.

Takes me less than a few miniutes and a couple of squerts of
washing
up liquid DOES NOT cost even 12p.
My friend dishwasher runs overnight so not the fastest way to wash
cup you want.

I don't believe you can wash a dishwasherful of stuff in a few
minutes. But seriously, I'm not interested in discussing it.

At least your right about that, but unkike you it seems I can wash
up a
cup within a few minutes where as you seem to want to put it in a
dishwasher.
But for me to get a dishwahser full of stuff would take me nearly a
week, how is that economical or fast.

Perhaps IF I had a family of 4+ or I ran gastro pub, or a resturant
or
somethijng abopve the scale of just me I migth have condidered a
dishwasher.

There's two of us and I can wash up by hand well within 10 minutes
after a meal.

Me too and there's one of me and a cat.

Why on earth would we need a fishwasher!

No idea I gues if they get advertised and peole are told how cheap they
are top use and how safe they are and how they can clean better than
any
other system then people will go from liking teh idea to feeling they
want
one and then feel they need one, then next stage is being thpought of
as
weird for not having one.

We'd need to buy double of
every piece of cutlery and crockery as well.

Well I have the sets you usually have to buy in sets of 4 or 6 if you
want
a set.

After a full dishwasher wash, you'd then have to spend several minutes
putting everything away. What a load of faffing about.

Yep. but some seem to think it's the best thing sicne whatever they
last
believed tras maids, and now it;s those hot taps to fill your kettle
with.
Here at uni, I notice the (especailly the chinese) students filling
their
kettle to make tea and coffee from the water cooler, they stand there
for
5 mins waiting for cooler to put cold water in their kettle.

That's because the tap water isnt drinkable in quite a bit of china.

Yes I know but we're not in china, they aren;t in china

Presumably those who do that dont realise that british tap water is
different.

and emails have been sent around asking students
not to use the water cooler to fill kettles.

And they flush those emails where they belong without even reading them.

Originaly us technical staff werent allowed kettles due to H&S.

Perfectly sensible, you are clearly brain dead.