Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default When we get old (er)

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Thursday, 4 August 2016 21:08:50 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Thursday, 4 August 2016 09:01:42 UTC+1, Bod wrote:
On 04/08/2016 08:49, Andy Burns wrote:
Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬) wrote:

apparently "they don't make dishes
anymore" so we only have deep bowls

My (not ancient) crockery has rice bowls and cereal dishes,
find
the
rice bowls far better for cereal, than the cereal bowls
which
are
too
shallow and slosh out the sides to easily.

you'll appreciate the havoc that
causes trying to load the machine efficiently

Not really, no space for a washdisher here.

Washing up by hand only takes about 3 or 4 minutes with just
the
two
of
us.

Even less with takeways. :-)

A Fishwasher is a waste of money to us and simply something
else
go
wrong, also takes up unnecessary space.

I cod do with one when I'm really lazy

Can't see why I should be doing what a machine can do for me.

for me it depends on the machine.

It actually depends on how much work is involved in doing it by
hand.

If it were significanlty less hassle then I'd think about a machine
but for me it wouldn;t be significanlty less hassle to have a
dishwasher.

Corse it would if you use it properly. Leave it open, put stuff in it
after
you have used it. When its something like full, close the door and run
it.

How long will it take to fill ?

In my case normally 9-10 days depending on what I've had for the
evening meal. Its basically full when all the full sized dinner plates
are dirty and the time that takes to happen varys a little depending
on what I have had for dinner. I dont use a full sized dinner plate
with every evening meal.

So you basically have a 9 or 10 set dinner service

Nope, I buy the large dinner plates as individual plates, Corelles.

which you go through before you start washing up.

Yes, once there are no more clean ones, I do a dishwasher
run with the dishwasher mostly full when I do it like that.

You see if I have a meal after I finshed it goes in the sink,
next time I need a similar plate I pick it from teh sink wash it,

More fool you.

it really deosn;t take me 10 mins it gets a
wash rinse and sits draining I don;t wipe up.

Still a lot more farting around than just putting it in the
dishwasher and then when there are no more clean largest
dinner plates, closing the dishwasher and start it running.

By the time my meal is reay the plates pretty
much dry even in the winter and I reuse that plate.

Many of my meals have the potato still in its
jackets microwaved on the plate the meal will be
eaten off, under a plastic cover in the microwave.

What you seem to be saying is that you you donlt
wash anything until you have a full dish washer

Yes.

for me that will mean I'll have to buy another 10 plates

Hardly the end of civilisation as we know it.

and as I have 5 ort so cups of tea in the evening

More fool you.

that means I'l have to buy at least
25 cups to last me the week,

Or you could chose to do the dishwasher run
when its full of dirty cups instead of the largest
dinner plates if you are such a tea addict.

No wonder you end up washing your hands 30 times a day.

it really isn't that difficult to wash a cup,
I do NOT need a dishwasher to do it.

I dont need a dishwasher to wash anything, but I have better things
do to with my time than to do stuff a machine does much better.

What I would prefer is someone to fill my cup for me
as that takes me longer to do than the washing.

I'm not actually stupid enough to drink that much tea.

Even if your kitchen is so badly designed that you can't leave it open
even you should be able to manage to open the door to put some
more stuff in it after the meal and to close the door after doing that.

yes but what's the point.

The point is not ****ing 10 minutes of your time
against the wall washing up by hand after each meal.

It take sme a couple of minutes at most

Still a complete waste of time.

how long does a dishwasher take 30 mins +

Irrelevant because even a terminal drunken ****wit such
as yourself should have noticed that you can do anything
you like while that dishwasher is washing what is inside it.

I have alsom found that I don;t need a lareg array of knives.
I find the knife I use with my fish a chips can also be used for
spreading butter or magarine, it can cut burgers, cheese all
sorts of things, so I havent; found a need for lots of cultery
such as fish knives steak knives butter knives.

I prefer to use the appropriate knife for the job.

I find most knives can be used for most things.

Corse they can, but anyone with even half a clue uses the
sort of knife what works best for what they are doing.

Only a terminal ****wit such as yourself would try cutting a piece
of bread off a loaf from the bread machine with a butter knife.

I use steak knives for eating most evening meals,

what happens when you;'ve used the steak
knife can you have steak again that week

I can in fact have normal meals all that
two weeks because I have dozens of them.

but prefer a proper knife for spreading the marg and marm
on the ****ing great slab of toast that is all I have for breakfast
and for the spreading the marg and relish on the massive
great salami and lettuce open sandwich that I often have
from the dome cut off the vertical loaf with the bread
fresh out of the bread machine.

and what ghappens to this knife after it gets put in teh dishwasher

Nothing, there are plenty more like it.

And since this is the best you can manage, here
goes the chain on the rest of your even sillier ****.